I’m at episode 4 of the second stage.
I was very glad that Takumi defeated pony-tailed guy!! That guy was so presumptuous and mean, so I was glad that Takumi taught him a lesson of humility and to not judge a book by its cover nor underestimate your opponents.
About Mogi…poor Takumi! And I do wonder who sent him those notes.
And I know Mogi is not super bright but for her to just notice now that her relationship with Papa isn’t very normal…maybe she knew that from the start but didn’t want to accept it?
And…I know Takumi was very upset after seeing Papa and Mogi at the restaurant but racing like that is not a good idea so I really think he is going to lose against bandana guy.
I kind of wished I watched the extra stages. Can you Pm me good place to watch the movie? The one I tried to watch had a lot of failed links - too bothersome...
Regarding the note - a maybe a "good friend" stepped in. That was the other thought I had but we're not going to find the answer's here (maybe in the manga it was shown?).
The extra stages are OVAs or movies? And I’ll look for a good site where you can watch the extra stages, once I find it I’ll pm to you.Quote:
I ruled out the friend possibility because none of Takumi’s friends knew about Mogi’s relationship with Papa. And…for some reason I have a feeling it was a girl, maybe it was Mogi’s friend? Or maybe it was Mogi’s ex? Because I think she was with someone at school before she started going out with Takumi.Quote:
I haven’t gotten that far yet…so I’ll pretend I didn’t read that.Quote:
- Poor Takumi and Poor Panda Trueno.
- I knew Takumi was going to lose and I had a feeling that something wrong was going to happen with the engine but knowing that didn’t make me feel any better. Seeing Takumi crying was so painful to watch. Poor Takumi, first his girl and now his car!
- R.I.P. AE86. I know it is a car, but I was sad about it, especially after finding out how special the engine really was. I didn’t know Takumi’s dad had built that engine.
- Takumi’s dad is great!!! Such an awesome dad!
Last edited by destiny4ever; December 02, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Yeah, those scenes were announcing the car’s imminent death.Quote:
Well…Takumi said it, he said it when he was talking to his dad while they were towing the car.Quote:
Oh right, I remember the scene but not the specifics. It was very touching that the dad came and picked him up as well.
They're connection / understanding each other is really good. I like how Takumi is constantly improving.
Well... season 5 for me and thanks for the moive links Des - gona grab some food and watch in a few minutes.
That was very touching indeed. For a moment there I thought that the one inside the truck was Ryousuke but when I saw that it was Takumi’s dad . I liked Takumi’s dad before but that moment and their conversation inside the truck made me like Bunta even more.Originally Posted by Charlie
Their relationship is very cool, they are not overly sweet but they really care for each other a lot! Btw…where is Takumi’s mom? Did she die when Takumi was a child?Quote:
Yeah, I like that too. I also think that losing the race against Sado was a good thing for Takumi, as Bunta said it as well. Failure can become your best teacher and can help you realize and appreciate things and not take them for granted and I think losing that race is going to help Takumi in that way.Quote:
You’re welcome! And I’m glad you enjoyed watching it.Quote:
- Ryousuke!! I’m so glad that he won the race against Sado. I don’t dislike Sado but I do think he needed a lesson in humility as well. He was becoming too arrogant and overconfident.
- The AE86 has been resurrected!! And wow…that car is powerfully vicious. I can’t imagine how fast it is now to hurt Bunta’s leg like that. I can’t wait for Takumi to drive it.
- Another AE86 has appeared…
- Mogi…Takumi is very mad so it will take a lot for Mogi to win him back.
- Itsuki…he is not very bright or cool but he sure is an incredible friend.
I loved the Itsuki in the Taiwan drift movie - he was awesome btw.
Also got to agree with you and Takumi's father. If you're perfect in everything then , you leave yourself with no room for any growth.
Last edited by Charlie; December 04, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
And that was what was happening with Takumi, he was winning every race so he was kind of becoming overconfident and wasn’t trying to give his all to improve himself and learn more things.Quote: