Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply

Thread: Wait wait...are these forms canon?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    In angst cuz I don't know if Kawamori got rid of that damn dog and made Kagura main hero
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait wait...are these forms canon?

Long story short, I was thinking about the rest of the "royal limbs" and I had a thought...Ukitake zanpakuto’s Sogyo No Kotowari name meaning “TRUTH of the Pisces”

and it being styled after the symbols for Pisces which is a doubled bodied, 2-IN-1, I-split-in-2, zodiac sign….so his Zanpakuto become “TWIN” swords….

That and the implication Shunsui-the-womanizer, is “playing with himself” when he uses his Zanpakuto—-that most people are right handed, and usually if you surf the web for fap material—-you masturbate with your LEFT hand, so I have been thinking he’s the left arm right….

So I got to thinking, Kubo is so funny, because he doesn’t create the anime original characters, but he does the character designs for them….he gave Ukitake Twins…

then I thought….SHIT SHUNSUI two avatars too…

then... I HAD A REALIZATION...and that Sode No Shirayuki was goddamn Yuki Onna…and look at her clothes…

and omfg…she used Absolute Zero…

Quote Quote:
    "When she arrived in the Human World, Sode no Shirayuki froze the grass around her solid simply by setting foot on the ground. “
    SO WAIT A MINUTE, ARE THOSE FUCKING FORMS CANON--WILL RUKIA DISPLAY THOSE OTHER ABILITIES?! AND THAT’S WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE….(Chimpette and Snakey, got like that in OMAKE. Renji paid Mayuri to do it, so that form IS CANON)

HOLLY SHIT—..ALL THOSE FORMS ARE CLUES TO CHARACTERS UPGRADES AND ABILITIES

Oohh...lets guess em together!
    Last edited by BleachOD; March 06, 2015 at 02:45 AM.

Can someone make me a new Ichigo set?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wait wait...are these forms canon?

I don't think they are canon, tbh. I say that because we saw what Hyorinmaru looks like in that special chapter devoted to Hitsugaya - http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-18.html, http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...5-page-19.html
    but Hyorinmaru has a completely different form in this arc.
    Same with Zabimaru. Back in the SS arc we saw Zabimaru, he was a tattooed baboon with a snake for a tail, but then in this arc it had that wacky design.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
    That and the implication Shunsui-the-womanizer, is “playing with himself” when he uses his Zanpakuto—-that most people are right handed, and usually if you surf the web for fap material—-you masturbate with your LEFT hand, so I have been thinking he’s the left arm right….

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    In angst cuz I don't know if Kawamori got rid of that damn dog and made Kagura main hero
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo hides clues in the Zanplauto names and now I am recalling that Sode No Shirayuki was a Yuki Onna and that's Rukia Zanpakuto's TRUE ability. It turns her into a snow woman and she's looked a lot more powerful than Rukia, and I am realizing that she used Absolute Zero, because Kubo doesn't write the script but he does design the characters, and the clever bastard, put clues to the characters abilities right in our faces

Can someone make me a new Ichigo set?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If I recall correctly, Kubo did have input on the designs of the Zanpakuto Spirits in that arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

I recall an omake in the manga where Mayuri worked on Renji's zanpakuto and gave Zabimaru boobs. I think it's safe to say those designs are canon.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember that omake, didn't realise it was in the manga as well but even the wiki says it was apparently. Dunno how much weight I'd put on an omake, but honestly I'm kind of biased. The filler Zabimaru was horrible, as in just really unfitting for Renji. The baboon was much cooler. But that just happens to be my opinion.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There was also a volume extra in the manga that showed Hisagi's spirit after Hisagi first released Kazeshini.

Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

No they aren't Cannon...Unless it pops up as Manga art, in the Databook or directly in the manga it isn't cannon...

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    There was also a volume extra in the manga that showed Hisagi's spirit after Hisagi first released Kazeshini.

Spoiler show
    Kazeshini was one of the cooler ones to me, so I'm alright with that one being canon. Same with Wabisuke, Sogyo no Kotowari and Ashisogi Jizo, maybe Senbonzakura too. IIRC most of the other ones were either 'meh' or just generally bad, not that I even watched the arc, I just looked them up on the Wiki out of curiosity.

Honestly I'd like to just ignore the ones that don't show up in the manga in any way and pretend to myself that Renji still has a talking baboon living inside his sword. Although it has been confirmed that Mayuri can remodel Zanpakuto to some degree...

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sode no Shirayuki is canon since Rukia's Bankai looks so similar. But another thing I never noticed, holy crap Shunsui's Zanpakuto spirit had an eyepatch lol. Kind of ironic now that Shunsui has one. I don't know if you could really say that was foreshadowing though lol.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably subtle hints dropped there or Kubo didn't mind using a few similar concepts/designs from there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I think Sode no Shirayuki is canon since Rukia's Bankai looks so similar. But another thing I never noticed, holy crap Shunsui's Zanpakuto spirit had an eyepatch lol. Kind of ironic now that Shunsui has one. I don't know if you could really say that was foreshadowing though lol.
    Sode no Shirayuki is a ice/snow type zan, yes - we know that from the manga.
    Rukia was using freeze attacks before, too, but that doesn't specifically hint at absolute zero as more than a logical extreme of freezing (which may or may not be used in the manga).
    The zans' names are connected to their abilities, yes - we can infer that from Kubo's symbolism.

The filler appearance is pretty much unimportant compared to the name and abilities shown in the manga. The anime appearances of zan spirits' don't really give us more info than the manga itself.

Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply