Hughes Maes (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Daikichi Kawachi (Usagi Drop)
Bellmere (One Piece)
Where Characters And Whole Shows Battle For Ultimate Glory
Welcome to the 13th edition of the Anime Showdown. This is where your beloved animated characters will fight for the ultimate glory... No matter how unique, strong, cute or beautiful... Everyone is the same in front of your eyes!
Let's start the 13th showdown. The Best Parent edition!
With their strong love towards their children, we all know how touching the story of a parent can be. But as in all other things, there are less exemplary, yet more realistic parental care examples, as well.
Now, which will be your favourite? Share your favourite anime parent with us and show your appreciation of them to MangaHelpers family!
Here are the nomination rules:
- Any member of MangaHelpers can nominate one anime parent for this showdown by posting in this thread and explaining why said parent should participate in the showdown. Please add pictures or videos to further support your nomination!
- The nomination period will close once a fixed amount of time has passed. The showdown will then begin right away.
The voting rules:
- You can only vote for 1 character, so choose wisely.
- The voting will be done by voting in a poll.
- We’ll have 2 rounds, the first round will last 72 hours, so the voting period will be of 72 hours and the final round will last 72 hour too.
- If the amount of nominations reaches a certain number, we will divide them into groups. Each group will have its own voting period.
- Only the 3 characters with the most votes will make it to the final round until finally one will be crowned as the absolute winner of the showdown. In case of a tie, we’ll have another round to break the tie. [Also applies to the group stage.]
- If only 3 characters are nominated after the nomination period has passed, we will start with the final round right away.
- As soon as the first round has ended, it will be closed. After that I will reveal / count the votes and then I'll start the final round with the characters that have proceeded.
- You’re more than welcome to discuss the characters and what makes them unique, thus participating in the showdown more actively.
-Please don’t bash the character a member nominates nor bash the person who nominates him/her. This is for fun! <3~
- And please remember, the forum rules also apply to this thread.
- Rules will be edited as necessary.
End of the Nomination period: May 12, 10pm CET.
Oh great !!
Nominate Hughes Maes (Fma) :
I nominate Hana (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)
You couldn't really ask for a better mother.
I nominate Edward Newgate, aka Whitebeard(One Piece)
He may not be the biological father of his numerous sons, but he's their father all the same. Even after getting stabbed by Squardo he didn't renounce him.And he waged a war to get one of his sons back.
Daikichi Kawachi from Usagi Drop
Daikichi is not a parent, but maybe we can allow him to participate since he's Rin's guardian. I'm not so sure myself, to be frank.
---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------
Never mind, ladylola's nomination also seems to be along that line, so, l don't think there should be any problems with this one, either.
Sanae Furukawa From Clannad
If adoptive fathers or father figures aren't ok then by all means feel free to remove my nomination.
I nominate Fujitaka from Tsubasa:
Last edited by YumaKuga; May 05, 2015 at 04:15 PM.
I nominate Ren Gyokuen from Magi. She is the perfect example of a mom that loves her children especially Hakuryuu~~
Well if the parent doesn't have to be biological, then I nominate Igneel from Fairy Tail.
I nominate Ragyô Kiryûin from Kill la Kill
I would nominate Bellmere from One Piece, mother of Nami and Nojiko. She was more than a mother who loved her children unconditionally to the extend of sacrificing her life for them. It was so sad that she was killed by Arlong. Before she died, she told the girls "I love you."
I would include Genzo in Bellmere's parenting if it's allowed, as this gentleman plays an important role and is a part of Nami and Nojiko's life. He is like a father figure to the two girls.
Sometimes, an adoptive parent may even be a better parent than the biological one.
Last edited by ProGoddess; May 09, 2015 at 06:36 AM.