Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: Gintama 532 (2) , Bleach 617 by BadKarma , One Piece 777 by cnet128
New Reply
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma ~à la carte~ Novels Thread

  1. #1
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eru13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shokugeki no Soma ~à la carte~ Novels Thread

    I thought it might be a good idea to make a thread for this purpose instead of discussing it on the hangout thread like some time ago

    I finally began reading the novels and I thought I'd give you a brief summary of what I read (and discuss in case anyone else has also read them)

    Anyway, so far I've only read the first story of the first volume, "Megumi's Trip", the spoiler-less summary would be that it's about the trip Megumi makes when Souma goes back home for the Karaage arc.
    Here's a really detailed spoiler-ful (XD) summary
    Spoiler show

    Anyway, I really like the feeling of this first story, the novels' author got a really good grasp of Megumi's character. I can't wait to see what the other stories have in them.

  2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eru13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shokugeki no Soma ~à la carte~ Novels Thread

    I've read the second story of the first volume, "Takumi's Shitamachi Battle" (Search for what areas Tokyo's Shitamachi include), and once more, the spoiler-less summary would be that's it's about what Takumi and Isami do during the long weekend of the Karaage arc.
    Here's my spoiler-ful summary for this chapter
    Spoiler show
    The chapter was a bit boring at the beginning but things picked up when they got to the maid cafe, in the end it was quite an interesting and funny read.

    Also, I read the first of the four mini-chapters of the magical cabagge thing, it's really funny because the first one is chapter three XD, I'll post a summary about them all when I read all four of them.

    Coming up next, Kojirou's France episode

    ---------- Post added February 11, 2015 at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was February 07, 2015 at 01:59 PM ----------

    I finally finished reading the third story of the first volume, "The Lost Recette", and yet again, the spoiler-less summary would be that it's about what Kojirou was doing on the same long weekend of the Karaage arc (they sure love that weekend in this volume), which was remembering something that happened when he just first come to France
    Despite it being the longest chapter of the volume, I'll try to keep the spoiler-ful summary short this time
    Spoiler show

    This chapter was waaaaay better than I expected, it's the kind of stories that changes your whole perspective on the characters portrayed in it.

  4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shokugeki no Soma ~à la carte~ Novels Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    I've read the second story of the first volume, "Takumi's Shitamachi Battle" (Search for what areas Tokyo's Shitamachi include), and once more, the spoiler-less summary would be that's it's about what Takumi and Isami do during the long weekend of the Karaage arc.
    Here's my spoiler-ful summary for this chapter
    Spoiler show
    The chapter was a bit boring at the beginning but things picked up when they got to the maid cafe, in the end it was quite an interesting and funny read.

    Also, I read the first of the four mini-chapters of the magical cabagge thing, it's really funny because the first one is chapter three XD, I'll post a summary about them all when I read all four of them.

    Coming up next, Kojirou's France episode

    ---------- Post added February 11, 2015 at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was February 07, 2015 at 01:59 PM ----------

    I finally finished reading the third story of the first volume, "The Lost Recette", and yet again, the spoiler-less summary would be that it's about what Kojirou was doing on the same long weekend of the Karaage arc (they sure love that weekend in this volume), which was remembering something that happened when he just first come to France
    Despite it being the longest chapter of the volume, I'll try to keep the spoiler-ful summary short this time
    Spoiler show

    This chapter was waaaaay better than I expected, it's the kind of stories that changes your whole perspective on the characters portrayed in it.
    Hi
    I was just wondering if you knew anywhere to read the light novel? In english?
    I've been looking for it but I can't find it
    Maybe no one's translating it?
    I'm not too sure so I thought I'd ask just to be sure (because I really wanted to read it ahaha).

  6. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eru13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shokugeki no Soma ~à la carte~ Novels Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenkai View Post
    Hi
    I was just wondering if you knew anywhere to read the light novel? In english?
    I've been looking for it but I can't find it
    Maybe no one's translating it?
    I'm not too sure so I thought I'd ask just to be sure (because I really wanted to read it ahaha).
    The only way to read it is if you buy the books in Japanese (I don't know if there's any digital version)
    And I said buy because there's no public raws for it
    All of the summaries I posted here were from what I remembered after reading each chapter of said books, I might try to translate them sometime in the future but I don't think anytime soon

  7. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shokugeki no Soma ~à la carte~ Novels Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    The only way to read it is if you buy the books in Japanese (I don't know if there's any digital version)
    And I said buy because there's no public raws for it
    All of the summaries I posted here were from what I remembered after reading each chapter of said books, I might try to translate them sometime in the future but I don't think anytime soon
    Oh right okay, thanks for telling me
    Well I can't read japanese so I'll just read your summaries (thanks for that!)
    Thanks a lot, I spent ages looking for it
    If you ever translate it I'll come read it ahha

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts