Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: One Piece 777 by cnet128 , Bleach 616 by cnet128 , Gintama 531 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Tootsuki the only cooking school?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xbluejayz's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Tootsuki the only cooking school?

I have been thinking, is Totsuki Academy the only cooking school?
    And what if there are cooks that are the same level as Souma and peers, who didn't join the Academy?
    Remember Souma didn't seem to know about the Academy so can there be more rivals?
    Please tell me your ideas guys!
    Last edited by Leoat12; December 23, 2014 at 06:38 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Tootsuki the only cooking school?

Since it would be a bit off-topic in the chapter discussion thread, I made a thread just for this question because it is interesting enough to deserve it. I was wondering the same for while now.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner xbluejayz's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that there may be another Rival School in the future because it would fit in perfectly for the elite ten being only students to compete or etc.
    I don't see much for the Elite Ten except business and status from what I can see, feel free to comment on my mistake if anyone notices it.
    Thanks.

I am gonna be honest, all my cooking dreams are in this manga and I believe this manga has a chance at being the best cooking manga for me. I would hate for author to rush the story and not try to take it one step at a time and span out the paths he can use. Thanks for reading and hope you will forever continue reading the manga.
    Peace Out Ma Homies

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Answering the question now...
    Quote Originally Posted by xbluejayz View Post
    I have been thinking, is Totsuki Academy the only cooking school?
    And what if there are cooks that are the same level as Souma and peers, who didn't join the Academy?
    Remember Souma didn't seem to know about the Academy so can there be more rivals?
    Please tell me your ideas guys!
    By the logic, no, but the authors can decide that he will not mention other schools, which in my opinion would be a waste of potential. They already mentioned another countries and a whole world of cooking outside Tootsuki, I think they are going to explore this in the future, but I think it will take some time.

Do you mean independent rivals? Those who are neither in Tootsuki, nor in another school? There is always this possibility, they can make a contest where anywhere can participate and some characters of his kind could appear, but I don't have any theories about that since any clue was given in the story.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xbluejayz View Post
    I believe that there may be another Rival School in the future because it would fit in perfectly for the elite ten being only students to compete or etc.
    I don't see much for the Elite Ten except business and status from what I can see, feel free to comment on my mistake if anyone notices it.
    Thanks.

I am gonna be honest, all my cooking dreams are in this manga and I believe this manga has a chance at being the best cooking manga for me. I would hate for author to rush the story and not try to take it one step at a time and span out the paths he can use. Thanks for reading and hope you will forever continue reading the manga.
    Peace Out Ma Homies
    Yeah, it is something like that. So far they only appears to be a group for business and marketing, the face of Tootsuki, but since we haven't known the Elite Ten deeply so far, we cannot say that it is not their unique purpose and I think they have a competitive function as well. What you said is a possibility, they can be who represent the school in competitions.

I rely on Shokugeki no Soma authors completely. They are going to make a good work, I'm sure. The series has a large universe to explore, it can last many years without getting boring.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There are most certainly other cooking schools, but Tootsuki will remain the only one relevant to the plot, given its reputation.
    "In fact the whole of Japan is a pure invention. There is no such country, there are no such people."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Chingaruna517's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that the Tootsuki is more than just a Culinary Academy. It is also deemed as a boot camp training ground for the would-be chef and since the TOotsuki Group own it, there is no doubt that the graduated students would go for the academy too. Just wondering....

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Marzarret's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that they will introduce more schools that will be relevant to the plot of the story, maybe a few to show that there are others aside from Tootsuki. But the plot of Shokugeki no Souma is about the life and struggles to reach for the top in the most prestigious cooking school in the country rather than an inter-academy competition because to start with, Tootsuki has no competition from being the best school.
    "Marine Admirals"

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems unrealistic to make it the only one. I imagine there will be a future plot in which they will have to do some competition against another school.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Gakkyu Hotei | Team Food Wars!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Seems unrealistic to make it the only one. I imagine there will be a future plot in which they will have to do some competition against another school.
    Hold your horses, pal. I agreed that focusing Tootsuki alone is boring but, introducing other culinary academies to challenge Tootsuki may be a bit far-fetched even though it was also one of many possibilities. We haven't meet all the Elite Ten Council roster yet.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
    Hold your horses, pal. I agreed that focusing Tootsuki alone is boring but, introducing other culinary academies to challenge Tootsuki may be a bit far-fetched even though it was also one of many possibilities. We haven't meet all the Elite Ten Council roster yet.
    Why? Whats the point of school clubs and such if they dont compete against rival institutions?

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Gakkyu Hotei | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not far-fetched, it is very likely, but it is not a plan for now, tomorrow or even 1 year from here. It is a long-tem plan of plot.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i also want other culinary schools but if that didn't happen i want Soma to be kicked out or leave Tootsuki and travel around the world and return again to the academy as a master

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i also want other culinary schools but if that didn't happen i want Soma to be kicked out or leave Tootsuki and travel around the world and return again to the academy as a master
    I think that all this development around the Alumni is a signal that the series can continue after Souma and co. end the school. It is gonna be awesome to see them battle in the real world of cooking.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Why? Whats the point of school clubs and such if they dont compete against rival institutions?
    Don't misunderstood, it would be amazing if Tootsuki met its competition along the way but, even with such possibility it would create a continuity error rather than expecting the dream story. And here are my reasons why I thought it is far-fetched,
    1. First of all, we actually learned little about the Elite Ten Council despite its function was briefly explained before the story goes one. And the members, including the Alumnus and Hall of Famers, they are not reached even 5% of the group and the current roster (excludes Erina, Eizan and Satoshi who we know because they were introduced) made only limited appearances. Honestly, who else was/were in the current Elite Ten roster aside from the introduced three?
    2. Second, Tootsuki itself is Japan's #1 (if not the world) culinary school so the competition is very,very rare. Unless there are some rare schools (domestically or internationally) are either surpassing/equally to the Totsuki, it remained as the powerhouse culinary school.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't misunderstood, it would be amazing if Tootsuki met its competition along the way but, even with such possibility it would create a continuity error rather than expecting the dream story. And here are my reasons why I thought it is far-fetched,
    1. First of all, we actually learned little about the Elite Ten Council despite its function was briefly explained before the story goes one. And the members, including the Alumnus and Hall of Famers, they are not reached even 5% of the group and the current roster (excludes Erina, Eizan and Satoshi who we know because they were introduced) made only limited appearances. Honestly, who else was/were in the current Elite Ten roster aside from the introduced three?
    2. Second, Tootsuki itself is Japan's #1 (if not the world) culinary school so the competition is very,very rare. Unless there are some rare schools (domestically or internationally) are either surpassing/equally to the Totsuki, it remained as the powerhouse culinary school.
    1. we want to have another culinary school "In the Future" not after the current arc or anything just in the future
    -----> if Soma become 1 of the Ten then it will open another world to Soma and it will be another Arcs because Soma will aim to be the #1 Seat maybe after that the Head of Tootsuki will announce to all Seat members that there will be a competition and only the 10 Seats are eligible to compete

2. Tootsuki is #1 in Japan that's why we need another culinary school from another country
    ------> there will be another school or schools to challange Tootsuki i mean all the Alumni of Tootsuki pretty much dominate the culinary scene in other countries so maybe someone will challenge them in the "Future"

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast