Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Takumi Aldini revival?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Takumi Aldini revival?

Guys i would just like to know your insights on this one. Everyone is saying (well as far as what i have been reading on forums) that takumi's character has been downgraded ever since his lost to Subaru and that he has started to become as comical character rather than a real rival to Souma. I really like takumi's character and i believe it has a lot of potential. It will just be a waste if he just becomes another comical character in the manga although i admit that as of right now his level of cooking is not yet on par with kurokiba, hayama, and alice which are considered, as of right now, more to rival Souma as compared to Takumi. But then going back to the loss takumi had with Subaru, wasn't he just caught off-guard by that time? It was just at their match that it was revealed that Subaru was a copycat who goes 1 step further than his opponents and that match up was a grand plan of the 9th seat eizan? He was basically caught in a trap and was forced to improvise on the spot with a hard theme which is desserts. On the other hand you can say that souma knowing what kind of opponent he is facing had a little bit of an advantage because he already knows he is going to get copied by Subaru in their match and i believe giving the dish that he was making played to his advantage as compared to takumi who was completely caught off-guard not knowing he was going to get copied. And souma still has the mezalunna, isn't that a hint that on the later chapters takumi might challeenge souma in a shokugeki and win back his knife? Are we gonna see a revival of his character as a formidable force rather than just a comical relief anytime soon?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Aszai's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Takumi Aldini revival?

i see where u worry, i think that takumi is still top tier.
    i dont know if you read/watched kuroko no basket, Kurokos team nearly lost against a "bad team" who foul and play unfair. But they are actually way better than that foul team.

Takumi is, skill-wise not on par with Nakiri's and Souma, but the shokugeki between them will defenitly not be "comedy", it will be close for sure

So imo he may be in the next elite 10, but than maybe elite 7th seat and not 1-6

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aszai View Post
    i see where u worry, i think that takumi is still top tier.
    i dont know if you read/watched kuroko no basket, Kurokos team nearly lost against a "bad team" who foul and play unfair. But they are actually way better than that foul team.

Takumi is, skill-wise not on par with Nakiri's and Souma, but the shokugeki between them will defenitly not be "comedy", it will be close for sure

So imo he may be in the next elite 10, but than maybe elite 7th seat and not 1-6
    First Thank you for the insight there. An with regards to knb, yup i read knb and i believe you were mentioning about when they played against an uncrowned king who injured kyoshi the previous year and i think it is a really good comparison to the takumi vs subaru match. Correct me if im wrong but i believe this implies Subaru is just a really bad match up for takumi as like seirin even though obviously the more talented team being a bad matchup to that team you were referring. (sorry forgot the name of the team >.<). Being that that said now I'm wondering is takumi more talented than subaru even though he lost against him? Cause personally for me Subaru is a very talented guy being able to copy complicated dishes. The only thing he is lacking probably is originality which i believe we will get to see as the manga goes on.

And for Takumi being not on par with Yukihira and the other guys, I certainly agree with you on that regard even though it kinda pisses me off since he is one of my favorite character second only to souma. It will be interesting to see what will the author do to his character because actually im having high hopes right now for him after seeing him ranking 3rd in the popularity poll. I suppose that is something i can hold on for now. I would really like him to be in the level of the korokibas, the hayamas and the alices and become a legit threat to yukihira souma.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm bit confused, what exactly you mean by "becoming a comical character"? He was a comical character since his introduction! From the beginning he tried to act like a stereotypical rival character and was made fun of for that. And that's his problem - he's a wannabe. He's fixated on being Souma's rival who doesn't take him nearly as seriously and is always looking up for bigger challenges and now left Takumi behind. That's why Kurokiba and Hayama are better rivals - they are not obsessed with Souma, they are just aiming for the same thing and that makes them rivals.

I feel the story might have moved past the point where Takumi can be relevant. Souma is now taking shots at Elite 10, compared to that, Takumi is just not a very exciting opponent.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
    I'm bit confused, what exactly you mean by "becoming a comical character"? He was a comical character since his introduction! From the beginning he tried to act like a stereotypical rival character and was made fun of for that. And that's his problem - he's a wannabe. He's fixated on being Souma's rival who doesn't take him nearly as seriously and is always looking up for bigger challenges and now left Takumi behind. That's why Kurokiba and Hayama are better rivals - they are not obsessed with Souma, they are just aiming for the same thing and that makes them rivals.

I feel the story might have moved past the point where Takumi can be relevant. Souma is now taking shots at Elite 10, compared to that, Takumi is just not a very exciting opponent.
    Well i agree with you that the introduction of takumi's character was kind of comical. Heck even his younger brother was making fun of him, but when it comes to cooking he turns from being comical to becoming the real deal. And as far as for souma not taking him seriously, i beg to disagree because souma actually acknowledges the cooking capabilities of takumi and is ready to have a shokugeki with him before he lost to subaru in the quarterfinals. And with souma challenging the elite 10 right now, i believe it is just the nature of his character being reckless. Remember before we got into the elite 10 arc he already challenged ishiki and a former 1st seat alumni to a shokugeki so it is not really like its the first time we get to see him challenge an elite 10(I also would like to add his dad because he is a former second seat). And another thing to keep in mind is that souma still has the mezalluna. I would like to believe that takumi will do everything to get that back. It will be interesting to see on what will happen between this 2 cause in the books they are still tied on their head to head match up.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Takumi will probably beat Souma sometimes in the future for that knife.

Takumi always have been a comic relief characters outside of cooking showdown. I don't see any difference in his character at all.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply