Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Gintama 552 (2) , One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Bleach 635 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinbad the High King of the Seven Seas thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinbad the High King of the Seven Seas thread

Ok, so we have all known Sinbad for a huge while, in this series, but some of his more twisted ways and plans are kinda starting to wrap up a bit with the recent chaps, which Sin, backing up master and Hakuryuu and so on and so forth (and not to talk about how his backstory is being unfold in Sinbad no Bouken), I kinda liked to see how are your thoughts on him, since we dont actually have a simple thread to go on and talk about Sin, more particularly, I went up with this one and since we might ended up bringing Sin, up in any future discussions might as well get this one started.

I also wanted to make this thread to kinda wrap up, how far Sin´s accomplishments are going and how close he´s getting to achieve his dream via the SSA system and his whole thing with Destiny as well since he clearly even now is keeping obtaining more power and followers and increasing his overall influence on the world as well as his position and POV, on his enemies, allies, also the whole relation between him and Rashid and how that passed down to Alibaba, since it´s a very interesting refered topic in some other threads as well.
    Last edited by Aonori; July 06, 2015 at 06:59 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member souske's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sinbad the High King of the Seven Seas thread

I actually dislike Sinbad I hate his roundabout ways of doing things, I hate how he trys to justify his actions by saying it's for the best of Sindria and I hate how he pretends like he's a good guy while talking to people who knows he's a shady guy. Like why's the point of pretending?
    Curious fruit, left to be raised by another. But when it is ripe, the one who picks it is the owner of the forest.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by souske View Post
    I actually dislike Sinbad I hate his roundabout ways of doing things, I hate how he trys to justify his actions by saying it's for the best of Sindria and I hate how he pretends like he's a good guy while talking to people who knows he's a shady guy. Like why's the point of pretending?
    Good point, I mean I can get why he would hide his other rukh half that fallen to depravity to trick some of his past djinns into accepting him after he fell, but like why is he afraid of revealing his other half to most people anyway, it´s not like his 8 Generals will just leave him alone if he revealed that and Jafar knows well about his dirty ways. I do wonder if he will also show more of his evil side to hakuryuu like will he inform him about zepar kougyoku? Or will he keep it to himself and not trust hakuryuu at all, lol, though I gotta admit if Sin has one trait that I dont like at all is his arrogance, he showed a lot of that already but fortunately isnt something straight up too excessive.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Epic_Rider's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate how he trys to justify his actions by saying it's for the best of Sindria
    Why? It's a perfectly good justification, as far as those things go.

Quote Quote:
    and I hate how he pretends like he's a good guy while talking to people who knows he's a shady guy. Like why's the point of pretending?
    It's public relations.

Sinbad said it himself in SnB, even most belligerent people wouldn't outright attack someone who is smiling and being nice to them. It's the same principle.

Even if people know Sinbad is shady, as long as he acts nice and kind, it makes it harder for them to attack him. Plus it will make things easier for him down the road. Making enemies on the path of a king is inevitable, but there's no need to increase that number if you don't have to.

The virtue of a journey rarely lies in its destination. What man is so closed to thought that he will not be brought to wonder whether it is he who moves, or the world.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to also recall his ego so to speak, or his PoV, in so much that for Sinbad Sindria IS part of him, so whatever good happens to him is more or less going to trickle down to Sindria. That said you have to recall, as I've stated before in the past, Sinbad and the other MV users are not heroes but leaders of countries. Like it or not to a king or government head numero uno will always be their country, that will always take prerogative, that is all the justification he really needs.

They aren't likely to work for the good of another country unless said country was an ally or someone working for them. Put simply, just consider Sinbad's way of running things as more or less a capitalist, which I think also best describes him. It may seem rather cold and ruthless at times but they look towards what is most beneficial.
    Last edited by Hamy; July 06, 2015 at 10:23 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Just say, which country in Magi would you like to live in?
    Kou who's in civil war and just about to collapse? Colonized Blabadd? Reim with slavery? Frankly, Sindria is the best country if you want to live in peace. If anything, Sinbad will protect Sinria because it will be his first priority. And it makes him by far the best king in Magi in my opinion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

'For the good of my country' is icky, but not as 'icky' as 'For the good of the world' and 'For guiding it on the right path'(one reason which Hakuryuu and Kouen use a lot to justify their actions.). His roundabout way while a bit annoying is meant to reduce the number of causalities and also it might have something to do with his country having a very small army.

My thoughts on Sinbad, bro you deserve a shrine, and I honestly feel pity for his enemies, but will love to see someone actually challenge him and give him a run for his money in shady tricks and back-handed alliances(without going too far like Sin.), the way things are now, not even Kouen who was meant to be a competitor to him, can hold a candle to Sinbad.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hayatempest's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He used to be my favorite character, but I'm becoming more indifferent to him as the series goes on. He's starting to remind me of Akio from Revolutionary Girl Utena and many other all-smiling, who successfully manipulate every living being and situation to their favor that I'm getting a bit tired of seeing. I understand where he's coming from and I don't fault him or any other king in Magi who genuinely care for their country, but it will give me great satisfaction if he messed up big time at some point. The times I like him best is when the author writes him as a comic-relief.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MArGi's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aonori View Post
    it´s not like his 8 Generals will just leave him alone if he revealed that and Jafar knows well about his dirty ways.
    it has already been implied that Jafar, Masrur, Hinahoho and Drakon know that he is halfway fallen (when he got "cursed" by Ithnan and when Morgiana talks with Masrur about assimilation).

Frankly, I recognize Sinbad is a genius but... well, right now he is attacking my favourite characters so I can't help but feel some... I'd say anger toward him ^^

I just hope that someday one of his tricks will not work, that would be a great change in the story.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

People asking for Sinbads tricks to not work, reminds me of how everybody was asking for SW to fail for once at around chp.260, and 4 chapters later, lo and behold!!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hll View Post
    People asking for Sinbads tricks to not work, reminds me of how everybody was asking for SW to fail for once at around chp.260, and 4 chapters later, lo and behold!!
    Not only won't work, but will also backfire on him. That will be delicious.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayatempest View Post
    Not only won't work, but will also backfire on him. That will be delicious.
    Like the current happening in SnB, maybe not, since that might have some huge repercussions on the whole world,so unless Ohtaka wants to make someone suffer and bear a lot of insult(which is not even a loss.), I doubt something major will happen, or he will fail miserably.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the current happening in SnB, maybe not, since that might have some huge repercussions on the whole world,so unless Ohtaka wants to make someone suffer and bear a lot of insult(which is not even a loss.), I doubt something major will happen, or he will fail miserably.
    We can always rely on Ill Illah, David, and maybe Solomon to create chaos.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean in the main manga. Ever since volume 12, the manga has been setting him up as a future villain or maybe even the final boss. Ohtaka even mentioned to 'pay attention to his movements' ever since the incident with Ithnan. If she made him take that route, he's bound to be defeated or have something bad happen to him at some point. It's how it goes for characters like him in many other works.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan123 View Post
    We can always rely on Ill Illah, David, and maybe Solomon to create chaos.
    Aren't we already relying on Solomon to create chaos or is that David or Ill Ilah..no it is Aladdin, creating chaos in ways that even Al Thamen can't.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast