Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Morgiana... *sigh*

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi Morgiana... *sigh*

Let's just get straight to the point: Morgiana has been irrelevant for a very long time and it's just getting ridiculous.

I mean just look at the stats: She met Yunan for the first time in chapter 144-145, and from that point on and not counting flashback appearances, she has appeared in 29 chapters out of a total of 131 CHAPTERS (31 if you include the Morgiana illusion Belial created, and yes I actually went and counted them).

That's the number of chapters she appeared in, but a good chunk of those appearances are just cameos or her standing around doing nothing, and in both cases she usually doesn't have any dialogue. So if you want to count the chapters she was actually relevant in, well you're talking 10 or 15 chapters max... May I remind you that this is supposedly a "MAIN CHARACTER" we're talking about here?

It's gotten to the point where I feel that Ohtaka doesn't even consider her when writing the plot for quiet a while now. Ever since the Magnostahd arc Morgiana spent so much time away from the manga that Ohtaka just forgot how to integrate her to the plot, or she doesn't care about her anymore.

The manga has kinda gotten to a point where unless you have a very high political rank in a relevant country, or you're a king vessel/Magi, then you're gonna get shafted to the side. Morgiana is unfortunately non of these, but what's worse is that even things that could've made her relevant aren't helping. Like for example her whole love thing with Hakuryuu (granted romance probably isn't the best way to make her relevant, but it's better that her doing absolutely nothing!), but instead Ohtaka decided to make him hate her just like any of his enemies.

To this day it still pisses me off so much that Ohtaka didn't let her go with Aladdin and Alibaba to meet Hakuryuu when she's clearly capable of flying + Aladdin's magic carpet...

At this point the only thing she has going for her is the whole red lion thing, but Ohtaka has done absolutely nothing with that. It only gets mentioned once every arc, and it certainly doesn't seem like she is gonna do anything with it for the time being.

I think that's enough ranting for now. I just want to hear what you guys think of the way Ohtaka has handling her for these past 131 chapters.
    Also do you guys think Mor is possibly gonna be relevant in the coming climax of this arc? How exactly?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MArGi's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Morgiana... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by airmattress View Post
    To this day it still pisses me off so much that Ohtaka didn't let her go with Aladdin and Alibaba to meet Hakuryuu when she's clearly capable of flying + Aladdin's magic carpet...
    Concerning that matter, it's just that there was no room for her at that moment. Ohtaka obviously wanted to set a Magi fight and a KV fight. Morgiana would just have been useless there.

Besides, there is not much character development left for her to undergo. Ohtaka has already fully operated the slave to HV development, which is 80% of her character.
    There are only two tracks left to run, as you say:
    - her unfinished romances with Alibaba and Hakuryuu.
    - the Red Lions an the Dark Continent.
    But atm indeed, those two matters are not relevant at all for the plot. So, yeah, Morgiana has been forgotten a bit but I'm sure that Ohtaka will give her a bigger role later on. Maybe in the very near future, considering that there is possibility for Aladdin to oppose Sinbad, Morgiana would surely do the same.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Her HV development happened off panel.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Morgiana...? You mean Volume 3 cover girl? I agree that at this point, Ohtaka probably writes the point without really thinking of her at all, and I think she will continue to do so, in the future,her romantic paths are still unresolved as MArGI said, but honestly are they?? Hakuryuu and her are kaput, with Alibaba and her, even Ohtaka has expressed doubt as to whether they are right for each other, seeing what she had to make Alibaba do, for them to actually get some development as a couple, I think she has her answer.

The Fanalis going to the Dark Continent is another thing, but....can they do really do that, with David still around? So I am unsure as to whether Ohtaka will have the opportunity to make Morgiana relevant again, I mean, the playing field has just increased dramatically and she along with most of Alibaba's Household have seemingly been left behind, but we might get to see her, in the upcoming chapters, taking on some other Household Vessels, maybe, or some fodder soldiers, but at this point I don't think anything will come of it.

Come to think of it, if Aladdin and Alibaba leave Morgiana behind and follow their own path, in which she sadly does not fit.. then it might encourage her to do the same and go to the Dark Continent and find her family............................................................................................................................................................................. but maybe Aladdin should also think of visting his homeland/Origin Dragon just to make sure that she does get some panel time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MArGi's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastgrove View Post
    Her HV development happened off panel.
    Wasn't clear maybe but I meant the whole Household Member development. I think that being a HV user is more a state of mind and we've had a lot of development on that part, from the first moment when she met Alibaba and Aladdin until the Medium fight. She was first a slave, then she followed them because she felt like she a had a debt towards the two Al, then she became part of Ali's Household and decided to follow him because she wanted it, then she finally decided to do something by herself and for herself and then she came back to her King's sides. That's what I call an awesome HM development. In comparison to that, I don't care much about the technique that she acquired during those 6 months and that now allows her to use her HV differently.
    Last edited by MArGi; August 13, 2015 at 07:44 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that would be nice to see Mor doing at this point, would be a fight with Masrur with both of them fully assimilated I dont expect anything else bigger from her part or I will probably be dissapointed in the end of the series, she´s way too much of the fighting only type, that got put into a series that revolves into way more than just that, thus why this outcome happens
    Last edited by Aonori; August 13, 2015 at 08:19 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mangang's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The manga has kinda gotten to a point where unless you have a very high political rank in a relevant country
    That's has been what happening in this manga. Only Sindbad is the one that isn't from royal blood among the KV's. It seems Ohtaka thinks that Kings can only be born in royal family. That's is what I kinda make me lose hope. I want to see someone who is normal person by blood but a King with his character. ANd become a KV.

I feel like Morgiana kinda lost her place in plot when she decline Hakuryu and decided to live with Alibaba. I think if she ever make any progress with Haku them she might find her spot in the manga again.
    "Don't underestimate me! I don't quit and I don't run! You can act tough all you want! You're not gonna scare me off! No way! I don't care if I DO get stuck as a genin for the rest of my life! I'll still be Hokage someday!"

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mangang View Post
    That's has been what happening in this manga. Only Sindbad is the one that isn't from royal blood among the KV's. It seems Ohtaka thinks that Kings can only be born in royal family. That's is what I kinda make me lose hope. I want to see someone who is normal person by blood but a King with his character. ANd become a KV.

I feel like Morgiana kinda lost her place in plot when she decline Hakuryu and decided to live with Alibaba. I think if she ever make any progress with Haku them she might find her spot in the manga again.
    True it seems that the decision she took on Hakuryuu backfired her greatly in her future relevance, now the only way for her to redeem from that is going to the edgelord, though I seriously doubt it at this point, Hakuryuu would care very much about her anyways, but things can change anytime with Ohtaka.
    Last edited by Aonori; August 13, 2015 at 09:42 AM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@Aonori and @Mangang:
    Do you'll realize how out of place Morgiana would have been had she accompanied Hakuryuu? It would have been even worse than now, since she would have been close to useless and had no idea what to do and how to react to anything appropriately at all.

Other than that, Sinbad has a singularity connection, that beats any royalty in this manga, and why is it so surprising that most King Vessels are royals, you don't just need spirit to conquer a dungeon, you need strong allies, resources, and most of all, stubbornness to just keep on moving on despite the difficulty one may face(one which is not really be found among many normal people as they can use sycophancy(ass-kissing) to move forward, royalty many times don't have that choice.) , most of these are found in royalty and while being a royal may not be criteria for one to have Kingly qualities, those qualities are often found among such people who are born with a better station in life than most others, frankly those kinds of people have it difficult to just get by, forget about conquering a dungeon.(Mangang, among many monarchs from the subcontinent, I think Shivaji Maharaj, is the only one who was really born in a comparitively humble situation(and that is the only one that comes to my mind.) and even his dad was a serf and had his own army.)

Also, even with royal blood Alibaba is the closest thing to a normal person who actually became a KV, even if he is royalty, the way he has spent a majority of his life is completely unlike what one from those circles would be exposed to.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hll View Post
    @Aonori and @Mangang:
    Do you'll realize how out of place Morgiana would have been had she accompanied Hakuryuu? It would have been even worse than now, since she would have been close to useless and had no idea what to do and how to react to anything appropriately at all.

Other than that, Sinbad has a singularity connection, that beats any royalty in this manga, and why is it so surprising that most King Vessels are royals, you don't just need spirit to conquer a dungeon, you need strong allies, resources, and most of all, stubbornness to just keep on moving on despite the difficulty one may face(one which is not really be found among many normal people as they can use sycophancy(ass-kissing) to move forward, royalty many times don't have that choice.) , most of these are found in royalty and while being a royal may not be criteria for one to have Kingly qualities, those qualities are often found among such people who are born with a better station in life than most others, frankly those kinds of people have it difficult to just get by, forget about conquering a dungeon.(Mangang, among many monarchs from the subcontinent, I think Shivaji Maharaj, is the only one who was really born in a comparitively humble situation(and that is the only one that comes to my mind.) and even his dad was a serf and had his own army.)

Also, even with royal blood Alibaba is the closest thing to a normal person who actually became a KV, even if he is royalty, the way he has spent a majority of his life is completely unlike what one from those circles would be exposed to.
    Thats case at the first sign of trouble he was the first to leave Balbadd and go chill somewherelse (if you wanna compare alibaba to a normal person then you arent exactly wrong since a normal person under a King will very likely place the responsability on the higher-ups, this explains why Ali came with a republic instead of becoming King of Balbadd he didnt want the responsability)

That experience, would have only benifitted morgiana and we could have seen Hakuryuu´s POV on slavery matters, prior to fall into depravity which wouldnt have been bad, while at the same time we could see better interactions between Mor and the Kou empire which would have benifitted her psychologically for the best (which would have made her experienced in political matters and capable to react accordingly to diferent situations way better), instead mor took the easy way out and keep herself with Alibaba and Aladdin which in turn limited her POV and future path to one that simply follows alibaba, thus making Hakuryuu more edgy in the future and proving his POV that mor is blinded by Ali´s "rightful path". Of course with Alibaba scythed into the Dark continent we had a good chance to see Mor changing as a character, but since he´s returning so fast we wont even get that and if we do it will be what 1 chap or part of a chap? (Ohtaka really isnt into Mor anymore is she?)

Well eitherway, Mor was doomed to get this treatment the moment her type of character was put into this time of series really, had she´d been placed in a straight up seinen from the start, or in a manga that values might and strong people while giving them more importance in the storyline, she would´ve been a more successful character, in the magi context she´s pretty much the back-up of the Main guys (as shown in médium battle) and will never be on the same level as them (especially when she´s so obsessed with obtaining more power, when obtaining wisdom is way more important in a series like this), sad but real and it´s a shame case other characters doing the back-up thing in other series tend to be way more hyped and reveal greatness in their respective series and some way more important and relevant to their respective plots than Mor.
    Last edited by Aonori; August 13, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aonori View Post
    Thats case at the first sign of trouble he was the first to leave Balbadd and go chill somewherelse (if you wanna compare alibaba to a normal person then you arent exactly wrong since a normal person under a King will very likely place the responsability on the higher-ups, this explains why Ali came with a republic instead of becoming King of Balbadd he didnt want the responsability)

That experience, would have only benifitted morgiana and we could have seen Hakuryuu´s POV on slavery matters, prior to fall into depravity which wouldnt have been bad, while at the same time we could see better interactions between Mor and the Kou empire which would have benifitted her psychologically for the best (which would have made her experienced in political matters and capable to react accordingly to diferent situations way better), instead mor took the easy way out and keep herself with Alibaba and Aladdin which in turn limited her POV and future path to one that simply follows alibaba, thus making Hakuryuu more edgy in the future and proving his POV that mor is blinded by Ali´s "rightful path". Of course with Alibaba scythed into the Dark continent we had a good chance to see Mor changing as a character, but since he´s returning so fast we wont even get that and if we do it will be what 1 chap or part of a chap? (Ohtaka really isnt into Mor anymore is she?)

Well eitherway, Mor was doomed to get this treatment the moment her type of character was put into this time of series really, had she´d been placed in a straight up seinen from the start, or in a manga that values might and strong people while giving them more importance in the storyline, she would´ve been a more successful character, in the magi context she´s pretty much the back-up of the Main guys (as shown in médium battle) and will never be on the same level as them (especially when she´s so obsessed with obtaining more power, when obtaining wisdom is way more important in a series like this), sad but real and it´s a shame case other characters doing the back-up thing in other series tend to be way more hyped and reveal greatness in their respective series and some way more important and relevant to their respective plots than Mor.
    Making a republic is more difficult than running a country as a King, I mean, these are people who don't even know what a republic is, and are always dependent on Kings, and Alibaba was going to be instrumental in creating a republic, his goal was actually quite difficult, he had to take charge and ensure that this does not turn into another monarchy and he also could not leave everything into the peoples hands, since these guys did not know anything about a republic at all, it was a delicate balance between taking charge and allowing the people to decide things on their own-Unlike what people say, taking the road to make Balbaad a republic, was the not the easy one it was the hard one, since he would actually have to do the work to make it succeed and guide the people on a right path.

And Morgiana, already had problems dealing with her past, now you throw her into a situation with people who openly embrace the past like those, and how would that affect Hakuryuu, not only has he brought a slave back, but he wants to marry her, as if people putting down, his lineage was not enough, now they would wag their tongues at his lovelife.
    You said it best, this is not the kind of series where simply being strong means you are going to gain recognition, and be relevant, a strength based character like Morgiana would encounter this sooner or later and she did.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hll View Post
    Making a republic is more difficult than running a country as a King, I mean, these are people who don't even know what a republic is, and are always dependent on Kings, and Alibaba was going to be instrumental in creating a republic, his goal was actually quite difficult, he had to take charge and ensure that this does not turn into another monarchy and he also could not leave everything into the peoples hands, since these guys did not know anything about a republic at all, it was a delicate balance between taking charge and allowing the people to decide things on their own-Unlike what people say, taking the road to make Balbaad a republic, was the not the easy one it was the hard one, since he would actually have to do the work to make it succeed and guide the people on a right path.

And Morgiana, already had problems dealing with her past, now you throw her into a situation with people who openly embrace the past like those, and how would that affect Hakuryuu, not only has he brought a slave back, but he wants to marry her, as if people putting down, his lineage was not enough, now they would wag their tongues at his lovelife.
    You said it best, this is not the kind of series where simply being strong means you are going to gain recognition, and be relevant, a strength based character like Morgiana would encounter this sooner or later and she did.
    Hakuryuu doesnt care about such BS (especially after falling into depravity and going edgy), he even admitted to Judal he didnt wanted to be emperror in the first place, he´s used to be insulted in his father´s palace by Kou mentality soldier tards calling him insolent whenever he doesnt bow down to Kouen, used to having to live up with the person he mostly wanted to kill in a few mettres from himself whenever he´s in that castle, more having to deal with conspirancy theories about him becoming emperror over trivial matters, having a bunch of kou mentality tards talking about his girlfriend would be the least of his troubles.
    Last edited by Aonori; August 13, 2015 at 02:10 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MArGi View Post
    Concerning that matter, it's just that there was no room for her at that moment. Ohtaka obviously wanted to set a Magi fight and a KV fight. Morgiana would just have been useless there.
    So it's just plot convenience, and a bad one at that.

Quote Quote:
    Besides, there is not much character development left for her to undergo. Ohtaka has already fully operated the slave to HV development, which is 80% of her character.
    Almost all of her development happened in the first half of the manga, and nothing plot important came out of it in the second half. It's the equivalent of a shounen character training to become stronger, but not engaging in any battle...

Ugh, she really doesn't get the chance to do anything anymore, and it's so frustrating. Morgiana was never really involved in politics at any point in manga, but that didn't stop her from having a very important role in the 1st Balbadd arc back in the day.

At this point I'd even accept a "Morgiana was the long lost princess of the red lions" if it means she'll be important.

Quote Quote:
    But atm indeed, those two matters are not relevant at all for the plot. So, yeah, Morgiana has been forgotten a bit but I'm sure that Ohtaka will give her a bigger role later on. Maybe in the very near future, considering that there is possibility for Aladdin to oppose Sinbad, Morgiana would surely do the same.
    But that's the thing, nothing so far indicates that she'll do anything more significant than what Olba and Toto are going to do (we don't even see her confronting the SSA with Aladdin in chapter 276), but the difference is that she's a main character and they're not.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by airmattress View Post
    But that's the thing, nothing so far indicates that she'll do anything more significant than what Olba and Toto are going to do (we don't even see her confronting the SSA with Aladdin in chapter 276), but the difference is that she's a main character and they're not.
    I think a puré blooded assimilated fanalis should be stronger than Olba and Toto assimilated, though Toto is a Yambhala so yeah, Mor is very low powerwise at this point she can be placed in the HV scale of power levels and if she fully assimilates and masters her powers she might become one of the strongest HV out there, if not the strongest if she ends up winning a final fight with a assimilated Masrur, though I wouldnt expect much more from her.
    Last edited by Aonori; August 13, 2015 at 06:45 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member souske's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After the Kou empire is dealt with we'll see more of all the mc's.
    Between the adult world and the world of kids, there Holyland exists. The lenient law and the reality of violence rules, a separate world. In that world he was there, Yuu Kamishiro. He was, without a doubt, there.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast