Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2) , One Piece 794 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: So-Sul's treatment??

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lasaro Ginjou's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

So-Sul's treatment??

So, we all believe that the BFD (Shi-Ho) stole the three One Moon Divine Medicines for So-Sul's healing. But it was never actually mentioned that they are going to use them for this very purpose. It was our own speculation.

While thinking that it can be only a speculation, I recently had a theory concerning the Evil Medicine of the Blood and Bone School.

What if So-Sul was healed by the Evil Medicine (Ma-Hwan Dan) instead of the One Moon Divine Medicine?

The first reason why I think that is that it has been confirmed by Chun-Woo himself that for someone to control the One Moon Divine Medicine they need the strongest Ki distribution/circulation technique, the Black Heaven and Earth Technique. But we are (I believe) 100% certain that Chun-Woo has followed his master's wish and will never give the technique to anyone apart from his chosen disciple, Shi-Woon.

So, if the One Moon Divine Medicine cannot be controlled, then it cannot be used. Hence, the treatment involved something else. Then I thought about the Evil Medicine.

The Evil Medicine:
    1. Can amplify the Ki quality of the user. This works by activating So-Sul's Ki and forcefully breaking through her Yins causing them to unblock.
    2. has been characterized as having an explosive effect. This is one more thing that justifies how this medicine made the Ki break through and unblock the 9 Yins within So-Sul.
    4. Can brainwash people. So-Sul clearly seemed to act weird just like Chun-Woo. What if they are brainwashing her in the same way? It is also something that must be taken regularly as shown with Chun-Woo since the effects wear off eventually. So using it as a treatment makes sense.

What does everyone think?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Irishwonder's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So-Sul's treatment??

Quote Originally Posted by Lasaro Ginjou View Post
    The first reason why I think that is that it has been confirmed by Chun-Woo himself that for someone to control the One Moon Divine Medicine they need the strongest Ki distribution/circulation technique, the Black Heaven and Earth Technique.
    Can you reference this page for me? I remember reading something like what you wrote, but it's been a while and I haven't been able to find it.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irishwonder View Post
    Can you reference this page for me? I remember reading something like what you wrote, but it's been a while and I haven't been able to find it.
    Sure, here it is:
    Spoiler: MangaPanda (mangafox has the same) show
    Last edited by Lasaro Ginjou; July 24, 2014 at 04:33 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Thanks.

I wouldn't think they are using the evil medicine because if I'm remembering correctly, the medicine takes the ki that's already in one's body, even though it isn't circulating, and activates it. The problem with this is that Sosul had extremely low ki due to the blockage and activating it wouldn't amount to much. The only thing that we've seen that forcefully opens up the blocked vessels is the one moon pill.

I've always been slightly confused when it comes to Sosul's condition, but from what I understand she's weak/ill because her ki openings are blocked and she doesn't have enough in her body to do regular activities like running, excessive talking, etc.. correct?

So when Shioon fed his One Moon Divine'd blood to Sosul and then massaged her body to get the ki flowing, she not only recovered, but actually had long term improvement (being able to talk without exhaustion) yet she still didn't have a way to circulate this ki on her own.

So, I guess what I'm wondering is... Couldn't they feed her the bits of the one moon pill slowly and massage her body to distribute the ki or the more likely scenario would be to have 9AD circulate the ki like he did for Shioon when he first swallowed the pill

We also know that her body isn't normal and is at a higher stage of that whole body rebirth thing that Shioon went through, so she may be able to handle that amount of ki on her own anyway without needing to have a strong breathing technique.
    Last edited by Irishwonder; July 24, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What you say is possible. However, considering that one divine pill holds the Ki equal to hundreds elite murim-ins, how small would the doses be?

Also, one mistake I noticed is that you said she doesn't have enough Ki. That is incorrect. The Ki she has is like anyone else's. It just isn't flowing in the body. It remains static thus it does not help the body function properly. Since the Ki is the Spirit (life force) if the Ki does not flow the body becomes weak. So it is not that she does not have enough. Also using the One Moon Divine Dan would immediately unblock her Yin points because of the excessive Ki flowing, even if little pieces were administered to her at a time. But, isn't it supposed to have taken sometime for her to be treated? Hence, such a fast method does not seem to explain it.

On the other hand, as I said, and you also said, the Evil Medicine activates the Ki and makes it flow. By making the Ki flow, the body starts functioning again. If, while the Ki is active because of the Pill, someone uses a distribution technique on her then the Ki is forcefully being circulated and distributed throughout the body by an outsider. Thus, this can possibly, but slowly (not right away), unblock her Yin points. If the Yin points are slowly unblocked as a form of therapy, then eventually the Yin points will be properly unblocked and the Ki will flow through the body normally. That is why it took some time to treat her and the Evil Medicine was used as the treatment while it caused the brainwashing on her.
    Last edited by Lasaro Ginjou; July 24, 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasaro Ginjou View Post
    Also, one mistake I noticed is that you said she doesn't have enough Ki. That is incorrect. The Ki she has is like anyone else's. It just isn't flowing in the body. It remains static thus it does not help the body function properly. Since the Ki is the Spirit (life force) if the Ki does not flow the body becomes weak. So it is not that she does not have enough.
    Ha, see this is why this whole thing confuses me slightly. In the page I post below, Shiho says Sosul suffers from a ki deficiency, meaning she doesn't have the normal amount. BUT, she also states she's suffering from an accumulation of ki. Meaning too much has built up in her system to pass through her closed ki channels. So WTF!?

I think she does have a low level of ki likely due to a combination of the 9yin body type and not being able to do any physical activity because of it. Similar to Shioon's condition at the beginning of Part 1, but to a much greater extreme.

Quote Quote:
    On the other hand, as I said, and you also said, the Evil Medicine activates the Ki and makes it flow.
    Actually, I don't think the Evil Medicine makes the ki flow at all, but activates the static ki already in the body for use. So if Shioon wants to throw a Soul-Crushing strike he must use the ki only in his arms until he is drained of it and because the ki isn't shared (flowing) when he runs out, he runs out. At least that's how I interpreted the Alien Doc's explanation.

Last edited by Irishwonder; July 24, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how I understand it. So-Sul has too much Ki accumulated since she doesn't use it and it is static in her body. However, since it doesn't flow it is not active enough to make the body function properly, thus the active Ki is deficient.

Shi-Woon's case is because of the One Moon Divine Medicine. Since Shi-Woon has become a living medicine, every part of his body creates Ki independently. That is why his body is not just active but it is over-active. He builds his Ki fast enough to have unreal stamina and his excessive Ki speeds up his healing immensely.

What the Evil Medicine does is work in place of the Ki center to make the Ki active and possible to control. Thus, an outsider could possible handle the active Ki in someones body with the necessary skills. Just like the Yae-won elder lady did while training Shi-Woon. Using skills like that, someone could possible force So-Sul's Ki to flow and eventually be unblocked.

New Reply