Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: Gintama 531 (2) , One Piece 776 by cnet128 , Bleach 615 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoshino's Instagram Account and Discussion Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chloesong's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoshino's Instagram Account and Discussion Thread

EDIT: SPOILER ALERT For Chapter 219+
    THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN POTENTIAL SPOILERS
    due to the nature of the pictures.

Let's discuss!

Although there isn't an offical announcement yet, it looks like there will definitely be a new D. Gray-man chapter coming soon. In the meantime, let's talk about the beautiful drawings on her account. I've really missed her style!

For those who haven't seen it yet:
    http://instagram.com/hoshino1000

I'm really happy that there is now a way to communicate with Hoshino-sensei, that's she's using social media, and interacting with her fans. Although it says that she doesn't read English well, I think it's still awesome that there is now a way to leave comments for Hoshino-sensei. For years, she had essentially dissappeared, and today I found that that she even had been personally responding to her fans! -->http://instagram.com/p/t9q62Vif7F/?modal=true xD

I really love all the pictures on her instagram.

To start:
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

I'm just so happy Hoshino-sensei is okay and there is new D. gray-man content coming!

PS. A HUGE Thank you to Ebti for making this discovering in the Hiatus Thread! <3
    Last edited by Chloesong; November 03, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOSHINO SENSEI IS BACK!/INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

I'm gonna love the new Allen look if he keeps it in a ponytail all the time XD I just hope we won't see him with a gloomy face like that all the time :|

Actually I wanted to ask everyone,

http://instagram.com/p/uf_f6uif5Z/

anyone thinks they know what Allen's holding? My imagination sucks Did Allen have some jewelry?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

He is just checking his hand.
    People, please note the chapter 219 or further spoiler pics

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the best pics on her instagram

http://instagram.com/p/tutQpgif_e/

she has been drawing lavi a lot, his coming back soon i think
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    He is just checking his hand.
    People, please note the chapter 219 or further spoiler pics
    Non-chan, I added a spoiler alert at the top. Let me know if that works! ^^ Also, is it okay to discuss the possible spoiler pics here, or should we do it in the spoiler thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post

http://instagram.com/p/uf_f6uif5Z/

anyone thinks they know what Allen's holding? My imagination sucks Did Allen have some jewelry?
    OH! I noticed that strange nub too. I thought at first that it was the tracking/electrocuting bracelet Johnny put on Allen, but you can see tiny legs at the botton of the nub. I'm not too sure either what it is. It is really hard to imagine. ^^;

I also thought that panel looks like Nea instead of Allen! If you look at the corner panel, where there are blue lines, it looks like Allen/Nea just finished deactivating the left hand, and at the bottom he's making a fist after it turned back into a hand. All just guesses though. :P

http://instagram.com/p/tfegV8Cf_U/?modal=true
    I noticed that she has her cat's profile as her phone bg pic! I do that with my dog's picture too. :3 She must really love her cat. This is the same cat Koro/Coro that's mentioned in the Vol 22 intro/cover, right? Same age as the DGM series? ? He is really cute x3
    I wish it was possible to tilt this picture to get a better look at the panels. I'm so curious. The upper panel, where maybe Allen is taking a step, looks epic. I'm confused as to how/why Lavi is there. Maybe Allen/Nea is thinking about Lavi and the chapter ends withi him deciding to look for him? Maybe the next arc is a save-Lavi-arc/backstory arc?

--------
    Speculation based on the instagram images,
    Spoiler show

I think it's really cool to see the images pre-text bubble. The quality of her drawings is so good. <3
    What do you guys think? ^o^?
    Last edited by Chloesong; November 04, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the redesign on Allen. I love his outfit and he looks so aged up. I guess he was definitely being aged up by the last chapters of the manga too though. I actually like the long hair too. Maybe I am just glad to have him back ha ha. I would love a save Lavi arc soon too though I am not sure how to resolve it to that point in one chapter. Someone else made the good point that she could be working on up to a year's worth of chapters right now so all of these panels may not be from Ch 219 necessarily.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iownamovingcastle View Post
    I love the redesign on Allen. I love his outfit and he looks so aged up. I guess he was definitely being aged up by the last chapters of the manga too though. I actually like the long hair too. Maybe I am just glad to have him back ha ha. I would love a save Lavi arc soon too though I am not sure how to resolve it to that point in one chapter. Someone else made the good point that she could be working on up to a year's worth of chapters right now so all of these panels may not be from Ch 219 necessarily.
    Ah you're right! I didn't notice it until now but Allen does look a lot older now. I couldn't put my finger on it, but he's being looking really different. I'm glad to have him and the DGM world back too haha. It's like the stopped time is moving again. *glee* And wow a possible year-worth of chapters... If that's the case, is it too much to ask for weekly releases? x3 I agree that some of the pictures she posted might be much further along than Ch. 219. At the same time, usually whenever she returns from hiatus, I remember getting a lot of content. So maybe a double chapter? ?
    Last edited by Chloesong; November 03, 2014 at 11:34 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: HOSHINO SENSEI IS BACK!/INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT

best day ever!!!! so glad to see her drawing again <3 <3 <3

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw, was it common knowledge that Hoshino draws with a graphic tablet? I never noticed it while reading manga. However it is I approve, I wonder if it's better for her drawing hand/body. I imagine it should be faster as well..?

Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Btw, was it common knowledge that Hoshino draws with a graphic tablet? I never noticed it while reading manga. However it is I approve, I wonder if it's better for her drawing hand/body. I imagine it should be faster as well..?
    I have always doubted it ever since the begining of Searching for A.W arc, as the lines looked like they were done digitally. My suspicion increased when I saw her art for Valvrave box set and DGM volumn 24 and everything is confirmed now...I just didn't expect an actual Cintiq 13HD (base price $999). I thought it was a Bamboo or Intuous, as I believed I saw it in a photo of her studio

The speed still heavily depends on the artist's ability and mind, however. But if Hoshino wants to fix something, she doesn't have to re-draw entire page.
    Last edited by non-chan; November 04, 2014 at 01:17 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I found out about Hoshino's Instagram through the JP blogger's site. I was translating parts of it bit by bit, but some of the sentences made me a little confused until I clicked the link and ta-dah! Hoshino's 10th anniversary picture appeared before me that was posted just one day ago. My jaw dropped. Then, I thought to myself that this is great. We can show her Instagram to just about any doubter/rumor spreader, who thought Hoshino died or was fired from Jump. I posted a comment on her Instagram. This is great. A much easier way to get in touch with her. At least, she's received many fan letters so that's wonderful. She's been posting for two weeks now? Oki doki.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloesong View Post
    Non-chan, I added a spoiler alert at the top. Let me know if that works! ^^ Also, is it okay to discuss the possible spoiler pics here, or should we do it in the spoiler thread ?

OH! I noticed that strange nub too. I thought at first that it was the tracking/electrocuting bracelet Johnny put on Allen, but you can see tiny legs at the botton of the nub. I'm not too sure either what it is. It is really hard to imagine. ^^;

I also thought that panel looks like Nea instead of Allen! If you look at the corner panel, where there are blue lines, it looks like Allen/Nea just finished deactivating the left hand, and at the bottom he's making a fist after it turned back into a hand. All just guesses though. :P

http://instagram.com/p/tfegV8Cf_U/?modal=true
    I noticed that she has her cat's profile as her phone bg pic! I do that with my dog's picture too. :3 She must really love her cat. This is the same cat Koro/Coro that's mentioned in the Vol 22 intro/cover, right? Same age as the DGM series? ? He is really cute x3
    I wish it was possible to tilt this picture to get a better look at the panels. I'm so curious. The upper panel, where maybe Allen is taking a step, looks epic. I'm confused as to how/why Lavi is there. Maybe Allen/Nea is thinking about Lavi and the chapter ends withi him deciding to look for him? Maybe the next arc is a save-Lavi-arc/backstory arc?

--------
    Speculation based on the instagram images,
    Spoiler show

I think it's really cool to see the images pre-text bubble. The quality of her drawings is so good. <3
    What do you guys think? ^o^?
    Very interesting speculation, Chloesong. I'm going to only theorize a little bit off of the images that may not be all from 219. However...,
    Spoiler show

Hope is on the horizon for 219! Hooope....
    Last edited by tgirl; November 04, 2014 at 02:04 AM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much Chloesong for creating the thread!
    I'm at work now so I cannot stop to comment on all the pictures but I want to say: I love that she likes Janis Joplin and I LOVE BAT-TIMCAMPY!!!!

http://instagram.com/p/u3awF4if2k/?modal=true

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler just because possible spoiler from the instagram pic
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Shaera's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chloesong View Post
    Ah you're right! I didn't notice it until now but Allen does look a lot older now. I couldn't put my finger on it, but he's being looking really different. I'm glad to have him and the DGM world back too haha. It's like the stopped time is moving again. *glee* And wow a possible year-worth of chapters... If that's the case, is it too much to ask for weekly releases? x3 I agree that some of the pictures she posted might be much further along than Ch. 219. At the same time, usually whenever she returns from hiatus, I remember getting a lot of content. So maybe a double chapter? ?
    Our baby is growing up *wipes away tear* he looks so fabulous.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    Spoiler just because possible spoiler from the instagram pic
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Chloesong; November 04, 2014 at 05:21 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast