Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2) , One Piece 794 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flashbacks Chronology [Contains SPOILERS up to last chapter]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Flashbacks Chronology [Contains SPOILERS up to last chapter]

Hi All,

I thought it'd be useful to make a list of flashbacks ordered by time in order to have it easy for us to organize. I was doing it for myself in order to theorize. Note that the list is incomplete and may contain order errors. We can add more as they appear or you notice

Let's see:

Time line of events between Nea, Mana, The Earl and Allen:

- Katherine meets The Earl under the tree (Chp 219).

- Earl disappears leaving the two babies (Chp 219).
    - The two kids grow as twins under the care of Katherine, their are not twins, neither is Katherine their mother (Chp 219).
    - Kid!Nea talks to the wind. Kid!Mana wakes up after his sickness. Katherine is there (Chp 214).

- FunnyHatGuy kills Katherine. LongHairTwin sees him (Chp 218).
    - FunnyHatGuy: "Now everything is back the way it was. Mana D Campbell, it's all your fault." (Chp 218).
    - Road holds LongHairTwin, ShortHairTwin looks down to them (Chp 218).
    - LongHairTwin crying: "Nea, don't you hate me?" (Chp 212).

- ShortHairTwin and LongHairTwin's lifes are hell after Nea tried to kill FunnyHatGuy (Chp 167).
    - Allen seeing wounded ShortHairTwin: "Nea, use me. I will protect your memories from the others." (Chp 215).
    - Before ShortHairTwin dies, he promises to Cross to come back to LongHairTwin if Cross watches over him (Chp 167).

- LongHairTwin "kind of lost it after the 14th was killed who knows whether he even remembered the past or not." (Chp 167).

- "Allen" appears in front of Mana (Chp 206 and through the manga).
    - Mana and Allen!Red meet at the circus after Allen!Dog is killed. The text leaves implicit that the dog was called Allen (Chp 166).
    - Mana and Allen play games and invent their own alphabet (Chp 132).
    - Mana dies. Allen makes him an Akuma, then destroys it with Innocence (Chp 3).
    - Cross cares about Allen at Mothers house. Allen is 10 years old. Nea died more than 30 years ago. (Chp 206).
    - Apocryfos kills Cross Marian. Cross to Apo: "When we first met he didn't call himself "Allen", should have notice the mistake sooner." (Chp 203)

Unknown time events:

- Nea to Mana: "Don't stop. Keep walking." (as refered by Road in Chp 205).
    - The Earl is disturbed by a flashback of Nea saying, "Don't push yourself too hard, I'll be by your side no matter what". (Chp 187)

New events:

- Nea through Allen, to The Earl: "This time I will kill you and become the Millennium Earl." (Chp 189)
    - During Allen's awakening in the Alma arc, ShortHairTwin tells Present!Allen who is chained up in a chair that both Allen and the Earl are broken "dolls/puppets" (Chp 198)
    - Nea: "Why has Allen forgotten about me?" "Allen's body [...] has become younger." "Innocense, what did you do?". To Allen: "We are enemies now." (Chp 215).
    Nea: "Your face has changed. Did it change after you remembered me?" (Chp 219)

Here is the list of the names I'm using:

- LongHairTwin, aka Mana, aka Mana Walker.
    - ShortHairTwin, aka Nea.
    - FunnyHatGuy, aka The Earl.

- Past!Allen, aka Nea's friend, aka Old!Allen.
    - Present!Allen, aka Allen-kun, aka Destroyer of Time, aka Bean-sprout, aka Nea's Enemy, aka Young!Allen, aka Red.
    Last edited by ying_su; July 19, 2015 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Adding the Names list, adding Chloesong comments, And MORE!

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member fuff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flashbacks Chronology [Contains SPOILERS up to last chapter]

what if that person road is holding isnt mana but mother instead?! kinda hard to tell if its male or female...

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fuff View Post
    what if that person road is holding isnt mana but mother instead?! kinda hard to tell if its male or female...
    Could be...
    But I hardly see that figure as a woman.

So far I'm assuming that long hair is Mana, short hair is Nea. Other than that, is REALLY hard to distinguish between them! xD

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chloesong's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Adding:
    During Allen's awakening in the Alma arc, Nea tells Allen who is chained up in a chair that both Allen and the Earl are broken "dolls/puppets" Ch.198 (This makes so much sense now...)

The Earl is disturbed by a flashback of Nea saying, "Don't push yourself too hard, I'll be by your side no matter what". Ch. 187

Great list btw! It's really helpful.
    Last edited by Chloesong; July 17, 2015 at 11:58 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chloesong View Post
    Adding:
    During Allen's awakening in the Alma arc, Nea tells Allen who is chained up in a chair that both Allen and the Earl are broken "dolls/puppets" Ch.198 (This makes so much sense now...)

The Earl is disturbed by a flashback of Nea saying, "Don't push yourself too hard, I'll be by your side no matter what". Ch. 187

Great list btw! It's really helpful.
    Thanks a lot!
    I added them to the list.

I also organized it better, since some events we cannot know for sure when happened...

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Road was holding a man too
    The point about who Allen has turned into an Akuma is what I want to know the most
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.com

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I just added three more hints from Cross and Allen meeting:

- Cross Marian to Allen: "The 14th had an older brother. There was only one person who was with the 14th up until the moment he betrayed the Millennium Earl and was killed. That was Mana Walker." "When the 14th died I promised him I'd watch over Mana. If I did, he'd come back to Mana someday." (Chp. 167)

- Cross Marian to Allen: "His life was hellish after he tried to kill the Earl. He and Mana were constantly on the run, engaged in a life or death battle with the Noah." "Mana kind of lost it after the 14th died, who knows whether he even remembered the past or not." (Chp. 167)

- Mana and Allen!Red meet at the circus after Allen!Dog is killed. The text leaves implicit that the dog was called Allen (Chp 166).

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    I think Road was holding a man too
    The point about who Allen has turned into an Akuma is what I want to know the most
    I think these lines are important in order to answer that question because they clarify two things: Nea and Mana where together and pursued by The Earl and Noahs. And Mana's memories are messed up.

They might be like the Holy Trinity: Nea, Mana and The Earl...

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su View Post
    I just added three more hints from Cross and Allen meeting:

- Cross Marian to Allen: "The 14th had an older brother. There was only one person who was with the 14th up until the moment he betrayed the Millennium Earl and was killed. That was Mana Walker." "When the 14th died I promised him I'd watch over Mana. If I did, he'd come back to Mana someday." (Chp. 167)

- Cross Marian to Allen: "His life was hellish after he tried to kill the Earl. He and Mana were constantly on the run, engaged in a life or death battle with the Noah." "Mana kind of lost it after the 14th died, who knows whether he even remembered the past or not." (Chp. 167)

I think these lines are important in order to answer that question because they clarify two things: Nea and Mana where together and pursued by The Earl and Noahs. And Mana's memories are messed up.

They might be like the Holy Trinity: Nea, Mana and The Earl...
    I agree. And I was thinking, maybe there is a second Mana? Like the Earl Mana is the one who's chasing Nea and The circu's Mana is the one from the circus? it would also explain who is the akuma, and he could be the circus's Mana

But I dont know if that makes sense because in the chapters talking about the circus and on Reverse 3 he just looks like the Earl... my brain is gonna explode

Spoiler show

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    I agree. And I was thinking, maybe there is a second Mana? Like the Earl Mana is the one who's chasing Nea and The circu's Mana is the one from the circus? it would also explain who is the akuma, and he could be the circus's Mana

But I dont know if that makes sense because in the chapters talking about the circus and on Reverse 3 he just looks like the Earl... my brain is gonna explode

Spoiler show
    I think you have a point there. After all, didn't we learn with last chapter that:

Nea: "Your face has changed. Did it change after you remembered me?" http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/36
    Earl: "I've always had this face." http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/38
    Nea: "So your face and memories are both destroyed, huh?" http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/39

So maybe there was a Mana, Nea's Mana. The Earl being no more than an Spirit (very active spirit!). The Earl used to have a different face. And now he looks like Mana. Since the three of them are so interconnected...

"Second Mana" could be the actual human body of The Earl, as we've seen him lately.

And later:

Nea: "What remained there was the wind, and..." *image of the two babies over the Earl clothes* http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/54
    Nea: "The two of us were once one, the "Millennium Earl"." http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/58

Maybe we should be talking about The Wind, as the third part of this Trinity (The Wind = The Spirit!Earl, or something). Wasn't kid!Nea talking to the Wind too in Chp 214?
    Last edited by ying_su; July 18, 2015 at 05:15 PM.

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you have a point there. After all, didn't we learn with last chapter that:

Nea: "Your face has changed. Did it change after you remembered me?" http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/36
    Earl: "I've always had this face." http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/38
    Nea: "So your face and memories are both destroyed, huh?" http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/39

So maybe there was a Mana, Nea's Mana. The Earl being no more than an Spirit (very active spirit!). The Earl used to have a different face. And now he looks like Mana. Since the three of them are so interconnected...

And later:

Nea: "What remained there was the wind, and..." *image of the two babies over the Earl clothes* http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/54
    Nea: "The two of us were once one, the "Millennium Earl"." http://readms.com/r/dgrayman/219/2865/58

Maybe we should be talking about The Wind, as the third part of this Trinity (The Wind = The Spirit!Earl, or something). Wasn't kid!Nea talking to the Wind too in Chp 214?
    Yes Kid!Nea was, but should we take the wind like the word literally or a figure speech for a person? Hoshino is teasing us haha

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoshino-sensei is really teasing us, yeah xD

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Guys, does any one of you remember in which chapter the 14th said "I will become the new Millennium Earl"?

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alice Cavallari's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ying_su
    Guys, does any one of you remember in which chapter the 14th said "I will become the new Millennium Earl"?
    Chapter 189!

http://mangafox.me/manga/d_gray_man/v20/c189/14.html
    He also states that "this time is going to kill him".
    I insist, I'm so confused.

Sometimes, friendship is enough

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chloesong's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoshino-sensei is really teasing us, yeah xD

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I might have found it for you? Although the quote I found doesn't say the "new" Earl.

Ch. 189
    At the North American Branch, while The Earl is choking Allen, Allen as Nea holds the Earl's cheek and declares "This time I will kill you and become the Millienium Earl"

Did you mean that incident?

Also, I'll put it in spoilers in case readers are not up to date:
    Spoiler show

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice list!! helps keep track on the many hints and details along the chapters ...

when I think of this, what comes to my mind is the possibility that the previous Earl split into two (Nea and Mana), and then this Mana for some reason further split into two (the funny hat Earl and Allen's Mana), but this is really confusing... I actually hope that the Mana who was with Allen is someone else...

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks @AliceCavallari and @Chloesong, and yeah, the "new" word in that sentence might have been just my bad memory...
    I will add this line too to the list.

About the spoilers, I explicitly stated in the thread title that there will be spoilers, lots of them, so people should be advised : )

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    Nice list!! helps keep track on the many hints and details along the chapters ...

when I think of this, what comes to my mind is the possibility that the previous Earl split into two (Nea and Mana), and then this Mana for some reason further split into two (the funny hat Earl and Allen's Mana), but this is really confusing... I actually hope that the Mana who was with Allen is someone else...
    Well, you see, Mana was not the only one showing up as The Earl, right? Maybe also Nea did, because, here:

- FunnyHatGuy kills Katherine. LongHairTwin sees him (Chp 218).
    - FunnyHatGuy: "Now everything is back the way it was. Mana D Campbell, it's all your fault." (Chp 218).

Where is Nea? Is Nea the FunnyHatGuy at that moment?

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast