however this is this observation from Daee is likely overly simplified. daae is a scientist, not a psychologist. not to mention likely very insane, considering he calmly chatting as two god like demons are duking it out over there. as a scientist he is gonna try to simplify the observation into something he could possibly easily work with. and humans are anything but simple creatuers.
he is missing something entirely. something a man who can only view others as subjects of experimentation will always miss. what that is, is to be seen. though this seems to hint towards the idea of the psyche of the human self that highyl affects the power and abilities of the claymore.
Maybe Dae should ask for Dr. Deneve's opinion...
then again let us remember who daae is. while likely the one who understands yoma and awakened the most of all, he is a scientist, and is obviosuly sociopathic. more than likely his understanding of what makes a strong claymore is utterly superficial, and simplification of somethign he truly does not understand fully and is taking the lowest common denominator so he can experiment.
then agian thsi also shows soemthing i have been suspecting for a long time. the psche of the human highly affects their abilities and power asa claymore and also as an awakened being. obviously simple hatred is no where near enough to reach the power of teresa and priscilla, as the likes of ophelia was even more hateful and malicious than priscilla ever was, but she was nowhere near her level fo power either.
As for Teresa, I've taken into account that we do not know all about her. But IMO we know enough. It suffices that she wasn't as trigger happy as Priscilla to kill youma, in fact she was reluctant even. She never rushed and didn't seem to care whether some human would get killed because of her tardiness. But most of all it's been said that she was sold by someone (her parents?) to the organization (she had black hair and eyes then - scene 13). And later she referred to bandits as worse than youma. To me all of that clearly shows that there were dozens of Claymores who hated youma more.
---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------
Yeah, Ophelia is another good example that shows a flaw in Dae's reasoning. But I'm afraid that what Dae says is absolute :/. Pretty weak if you ask me ("they're exceptions", lol).
Last edited by Goral; February 28, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
I think I really like Ancy's addition to the subject matter: make the candidates befriend each other, kill them off with youma. Although as creative as I am to think of a method or reason, I would like to know, if what Ancy suggested were true, exactly how and when they carry out the 'training program.' It seems they would have to have the hatred the moment they're turned into Claymore, so half-human half-youma trainees are out of the picture.
EDIT: Just saw your new post and yes I've thought about directing anger to MiB, hence I would really want to know how exactly they came up with Alicia and Beth :P
Just to add, it's entirely possible Teresa was the way we saw her after years of life experience, so loosely saying, she could have hated youma before she became a Claymore, and changed her outlook on things later on. Just pure speculation.
Thanks for explaining some details Utsune, got me very interesting... such intense chapter, all I could say about it is: f**k....
We got mix of combat and text witch is awesome, a lot of explanation witch should be interesting to read, Riful-doll is holding her ground ( and both of them are smiling witch is kind a creepy but ok... ) and we got a twi... sorry AN AWESOME TWIST!
Men, if every chapter was like this one... can't wait for translations. And the thing that suprised me the most was this, for this I can only say: thing are going to become very serious in next chapter...
Off course the things I disliked.... Ghosts are still standing and commenting.... Chronos and Lars too. It's a freaking battle not a sport event... ( Daae and Rubel are excluded because they are too far away, they have no yoki so they are pretty much undetectable and Daae is mad scientist so it's ok ). And looking from the power side Claymore is becoming more and more ridiculous with OTT characters. Not only that we have Priscilla and upgraded Riful+Duff thing but now we also have Priscilla 2 who is not only that but merge between Priscilla and Cassandra - one very powerful AO and the most powerful AO in existence... it seems that Yagi likes to play with power levels, maybe he watched some Dragon Ball Z and said "why the f**k not!".
I am seriously doubting Clare's ability to kill her, even if she awakens.
Thanks Gene and TSS for the fast chapter!
Here my translation! Enjoy! :3
Malicious Devouring (Erosion)
The fierce awaken beings!!
The blades that endured countless battles cut through the Abyssal
- Helen: Kuh..
- Helen: Wow- Incredible - Truly effective attacks. We are not even needed as this continues.
- Helen: What's wrong, Miria (Captain Sis)? It is just as you planned, right. Beautifully appeal to them into getting involved. Incredible!
- Miria: No, that's not right. Our aim is to draw out Cassandra's sense of self, but right now it is...
- Deneve: It doesn't really matter. Just go along with it as it is and defeat her.
- Deneve: Priscilla is battling with that unknown being right now. It is an opponent with matching power, no matter who is left standing at the end, more likely it is going be at the brink of death.
- Deneve: In that case, the ones over here. No, even only those male awaken beings observing over there would go and deal the finishing blow.
- Helen: The awaken beings that gathered here that do survive at the end. If we pick them out one by one, then they would be opponents that we can defeat without trouble.
- Miria: [ Everything is going according to plan.... But, I feel as if there is something I'm uneasy about...]
- Miria: What's wrong, Clare? Did you sense something?
- Clare: Priscilla's yoki has returned to its original state. I'm afraid that the winner had emerged from the battle inside her body.
- Clare: If that's the case, then why? Why Cassandra's sense of self still have not return?
- Cynthia: Yuma-san!
- Yuma: It's...It's alright... I'm just a little bit tired.
- Tabitha: ..... Damn.
- Tabitha: What's going on? We have already reached this point. We still couldn't find what's remained of Cassandra's sense...
- Tabitha: Cassandra stopped her movement, and the goal of freeing Priscilla is already gone. Under these circumstances, if Cassandra's sense of self still cannot be recovered, then what is really inside that body over there?
- Dae: I believe how strong or weak a warrior is, ultimately depends on their hatred towards yoma.
- Dae: With hatred as the foundation combined with the will to cut down yoma, Offensive type and defensive type are differentiated. At its roots, the formation still lies in the degree of hate towards the yoma
- Dae: Starting from the period of the twins, we relentlessly look for the ones who possibly had tragic experience and history with yoma to become warriors. Of course, there are some cases which were orchestrated personally by us.
- Dae: Indeed, there were countless of those who lost their themselves (hearts or souls) from those experiences and died after the blood and flesh of the yoma were implanted into them. Even comparing those with orphans who were raised as warriors, there is still noticeably differences.
- Dae: I remember, that is organization's No.2 Priscilla, the one who killed the yoma who have transformed into her father.
- Rubel: That's not a really a big deal. This kind of experience often happened to the upper ranked warriors.
- Dae: That's right, but the interesting thing is still at the end.
- Dae: I'm afraid, she already know the so-called yoma being that she killed is actually her real father.
- Rubel: What?
- Rubel: How did she actually know this?
- Dae: Perhaps, from her intuition at the moment she cuts off the head, or the expression shown on the head, ultimately she believed without a doubt that was the head (brain) of her father.
- Dae: Eventually at the time that she became a warrior, she had completely lost all memories relating to that event. All that was left was her unusual hatred for yoma.
- Rubel: ...... This is really the first time I've heard this....
- Dae: The strong hatred toward yoma, and the flesh and blood of yoma in their own bodies. To the warriors, the hatred toward yoma and themselves, perhaps, it's the source of their power for them who could no longer be called human.
- Dae: Even in this point, Priscilla is still at the extreme top. The hatred and self-hatred that even herself could not understand, the opposing forces inside her body gave birth to a considerable crazed gigantic power.
- Lars: What is happening? That guy... No matter how much she is wounded, she could instantly regenerate...
- Chronos: Is that really regeneration....?
- Rubel: What?
- Dae: All that talk was still merely speculation, but judging by that regeneration-like thing coming from Priscilla, it is actually her hatred's manifesting into form through her body . Drawing out the endless hatred into living forms (body) and keeping it under control with her human-like form, perhaps that is the true nature of Priscilla's frightening unique ability.
- Rubel: It is not regeneration, but recreation...? That is God-like (God's territory). Facing something like that, who could possibly win?
- Dae: I'm delighted to say that no one could win.
- Dae: That's why, even that self-separated left arm miraculously still contained that kind of life force. Even after it is detached, it still had power to let three Abyssal Ones regained movement.
- Dae: Cassandra already ate Roxanne, and received this kind of originating force. In turns, Priscilla was able to control her even further. She could even be considered a separate part of Priscilla already.
- Dae: After the separate part merges with the original part, she would become a being with the strongest power.
- Dae: No, that kind of saying is not correct.
- Dae: This is truly the pinnacle of awaken beings, Priscilla's true form.
- Helen: Stand... She stands up....
- Octavia: What? You could stand up like this.
- Octavia: Eh? Is your face originally long like that?
- Helen: What? Looks like she's not listening, why can't you be good and listen?
- Miria: Everyone, hurry run! Gain as much distance as possible from here.
- Octavia: Tch.
- Helen: Ow.
- Clare: Priscilla....
That body has already taken form of the revengeful enemy.
P.S. Note: I'm not 100% confident at my translation of Dae's explanation of Priscilla's power.
Last edited by God Eye Galatea; March 01, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
More priscilla garbage. I just want her to go away, but she is so ridiculously powerful i don't know how she can die. And now Cassandra turned into priscilla too? It is getting to be a little too much.
Thank you GEG - I like this chapter, though I am not fully grasping the explanation of Dae. So about her hatred manifestation, I take that as long as she is fiilled with hatred she is completely indestructible?
And about Casasndra, it appears she is really just an extension of Priscilla now, we could consider her out of the picture
Last edited by claremore; February 28, 2013 at 04:31 PM.