Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply

Thread: Here's A Terrible Thought

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's A Terrible Thought

You know how the Marines freaked out at the possibility of Shanks and Whitebeard joining forces, ergo making them too powerful for the Marines? Well, suppose that, once word about what happens on Dressrosa reaches Kaido, he forms an alliance with Big Mom to destroy the Straw Hats? Not only would it confirm the Marines worst fear, but it would give the Straw Hats their biggest challenge yet. Sound possible?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here's A Terrible Thought

Nah. First, their ego is probably too large. Second, kaido doesn't need to form an alliance as of now. Even with the supernova's forming alliances, their chances of winning against a yonko are still pretty slim.
    Third, that'll be embarrassing. A yonko is to be a revered figure. Kaido didn't form an alliance to take on WB so why would he do so now against rookies (all weaker than WB both strength and crew size).
    Last edited by Holt; March 11, 2015 at 07:57 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that fear was post Sengoku's Marines. Do keep in mind, under Akainu's Marines, the force has grew way stronger under his justice. Akainu has proven to has no fear standing up to a Yonkou, you's figure things be more "absolute" now in the new era.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Sengoku had no fear standing up to a yonko either. Why would you think that?

He was a more logical leader, akainu is completely ruthless and extreme. That's the difference. Its not a matter of fear.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Kaidou and Big Mom forming an alliance because I don't see them having cool enough heads for that, just as how Kidd nearly lost it until someone cooled him down. If they wanted to form an alliance, they'd have been better off doing so long ago, especially when Whitebeard was arguably the most dominant force in the world.

The Marines also won't risk going after a Yonkou because both sides will suffer terrible losses either way and be ripe for the enemy to finish them off. Isn't that why everything is at a standstill?

Same

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, from what has been said and implied shanks and WB were among the yonko the more reasonable ones. Big mom and kaido seem more in the crazy unreasonable department to a great extent, an alliance between them couldn't be shakier if WB hit it with his quake fruit. Of course, I am not suggesting either of them is dumb, just that they seem to be the sort to simply not do this sort of thing. I mean, Big mom almost refused getting FI's national treasure. I also doubt kaido is in need of the alliance. He has gotten his hands of some 500 smile fruits, he has the strongest militia among the yonko at least.

If there is going to be an alliance I would think it would be started by either shanks or BB. Of course, an alliance between shanks and BB is all short of impossible considering they hate each others guts. Kaido is presumably crazy and doesn't need the alliance so the issue in the short run will perhaps be whether shanks or BB can win big mom over to their side.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing any yonko form an allaince (whichever one) is pretty unlikely. WB and Shanks were just about the closest yonko could get in terms of relationship. Ofcourse WB wouldn't need an alliance (and a yonko shouldn't need one either) but that didn't happen between them. Infact WB is a reasonable fellow for the most part and declined shanks request (which was actually in line with his own thoughts/feelings).

Kaido and big mum are painted like unstable fellows (kaido is apparently some sort of wild beast with anger management issues and big mum is a somewhat mentally challenged person). They probably wouldn't even agree to be in the same room or meet with each other.

As said by kkck, BB is the most likely to form an alliance and big mum would probably be a bit easier to negotiate with and his best bet.

Shanks seems unlikely to form an alliance with any existing yonko.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner keeper1h's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That's really a terrible thought indeed.
    But since Luffy is going to prevail anyway, if something like this happans so early in the storyline the manga will be over in two more arcs, so I really hope not to see what you described in the near future. But still, it would be awesome to see the Straw Hats prevailing against a Yonkou alliance.
    No ZoroCopter

When i was asked to sign my signature, I had this video playing in background. Signature signed.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeper1h View Post
    That's really a terrible thought indeed.
    But since Luffy is going to prevail anyway, if something like this happans so early in the storyline the manga will be over in two more arcs, so I really hope not to see what you described in the near future. But still, it would be awesome to see the Straw Hats prevailing against a Yonkou alliance.
    Well, then, perhaps after Luffy kicks their butts the first time, they join forces to get revenge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll eat my hat, shit it out and eat it again if any of the Yonkou allied themselves to fight the Strawhats.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    I'll eat my hat, shit it out and eat it again if any of the Yonkou allied themselves to fight the Strawhats.
    You could've just said "Phooey".

New Reply