Results are only viewable after voting.

revo

In love with the Heavens
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
You know, it's a win-win situation with Takagi-san, in terms of who confesses first. My money is on Takagi confessing, but Nishi doing it fits in with his character and the status quo. Though, if Takagi does it, and goes back to teasing/winning, it'll be the one and only time Nishikata gets to win (or at least the one time he knows about). All the results are a jackpot.
Agreed, in any way it happens it should be a golden moment. Still deep down like most readers I'm always cheering for Nishikata to take Takagi-san off guard and confessing at the same time finally realizing his feelings, basically double-win situation; this is still a battle manga in some way after all
(tagging @Erin-chan in the Takagi-san talk).

Also another annoying reminder to read Ayumu-kun and Kase-san. :cop

Erinyes

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Agreed, in any way it happens it should be a golden moment. Still deep down like most readers I'm always cheering for Nishikata to take Takagi-san off guard and confessing at the same time finally realizing his feelings.
oh actually I would love if he were the one who confesses, Takagi has already done 70% of the job :arf i will be fine either way, but i love a lot Nishikita, hes an adorable character etc. but i feel when it comes to their relationship , that Takagi is the one who most of times makes the 1st move, id love if Nishikita has the guts to make one bigger move, even if it once only, and confess to her, so they will be equal :errr i cant imagine how happy takagi would be, if he does, she honestly deserves it. Do it for me, Nishi !!!

also its a shonen manga (trying to convince myself lol) so he has to show to her how much he grew from chap 1, we need to see the Mc overcoming his doubts and insecurities and gaining more self confidence. after the last episode of season 2 i can definitely see him doing it. :nod

Here for you ! :zomg

didnt expect Kny to end that quick, or more exactly i knew it was close to the end, but expected it due to the success of the series to get extended somehow. and seemingly tpn is ending too, next week (or the one after, but most likely next week), i ve been so disppointed lately, it has so much changed from what it was at the started, it lost everything that made it amazing, i still like it as a generic shonen, but im so so unhappy, i d rather see it end up asap.

Nii

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah heard mixed opinions about the remake but mostly were disappointed... a shame because the animation looked pretty good, but tbh they could've just focused on adapting the rest of the arcs of the manga the anime never adapted. :XD
Hoshino got upset because of a very fanservice anime art of Allen/Kanda, that gave yaoi vibes. That's something typical of anime staffers to do sometimes but they did it without asking for her permission or her opinion, she randomly saw it on a magazine and even some non-manga fans got the wrong idea lmao
Considering also that Kanda has already a male romantic interest, Alma, but the anime ignored all that and just gave focus on a fan-made couple.
So basically I can't blame her to be upset, she already had problems to keep going and the remake motivated her, but they ruined it in the end.
Oh, that's why :o Yeah, I think art like that is pretty common, but probably not the best decision when the central focus of that arc was a wholly different relationship. Tbh I think it's a bit of an overreaction on her side though, but I know some creators are very protective of their work and I can respect that.

What I know is that the anime bombed (sales were BAD), so I guess we won't see another anime happening...

I think that you never were a big FMA fan right? (the contrary to me, it's my most favorite anime series ever :Haha).
Well Brotherhood is the exact adaptation of the manga, which the first anime followed only in the first ten or fifteen chapters; later of that they changed every relationships, created their own characters and never showed the ones of the manga, etc.

:hug
Basically hahaha, lately everytime there's a new chapter when I go to the comments to check discussions it's only full of "I need to go back 20 chapters ago because I don't understand anything". All fandom is kinda in the same problem.

Yeah I check Pixiv more than anything, Tumblr too sometimes :nod though in Pixiv the sea of fanarts is so vaste, you have to look a lot.
Says I never were a big FMA fan... I'll have you know it's one of not even ten anime I gave a perfect score (10) on MAL :p I think I just never was BIG Ed/Winry fan (I like it, but I don't love it to bits), but there's a lot of awesomeness in FMA. I remember watching this OP over and over :XD

The series has that perfect mix of a fun action adventure together with touching various heavy topics, all while giving you great fights + cool twists + political intrigue. A bit like early OP maybe, though I think FMA always was more "mature". After 10 years I feel like I have to refresh my memory on some stuff though xD

And lol yeah, saw the same about the D.Gray-man comments, it's almost like a meme. Anyway, I'm still waiting for an explanation :teehee

Mmhm, at least the manga always got the hype and it ended where it had to end, no extra arcs or whatever. I feel that people wanted simple shonen battles series again and Kimetsu gave that answer, full of clichés but well handled in a way.

I actually found out very later that Togashi gave the recommendation, which made me understand why it had so many readers as well :XD I had no idea about the series until eefrit nominated it for MangaWars, I think it was around Entertainment District arc (one of my favorites).
Oh so Kimetsu had haters at first? That's a surprise, there are many people who dislike it or don't care about it but it's weird to see antis.
I liked Muzan's final thoughts and explications as to why he's the way he is, and also the final punishment that it's basically being forgotted forever. But yeah usually villians that "do bad things because I'm bad" usually lack next to other antagonists that have an actual background and past on how they changed.
The killing of characters made people feel so contradicted hahaah but I loved it, it's how a story of a battle to death should be, has consequences and makes the reader actually wonder what will happen in a next week chapter.
Yup, exactly my thoughts too :nod

Haha yeah, even after the Togashi rec not that many picked it up, but it slowly got more popular around that time (nothing compared to today though :lmao). The Entertainment District arc probably is my fav arc of the whole manga tbh. The other arcs had some very strong moments (like, almost everything involving Akaza, if you know what I mean), but the Entertainment District was a lot of fun and suspense from beginning to end.

And yes the series had haters, mostly hating on the slow start and the choppy art, which really took some time getting used to. Gotouge improved a lot since then, and while I wouldn't call the manga a masterpiece, it seems to be insanely popular in Japan nowadays. I still see some people bitching about that bc bla bla Kimetsu doesn't deserve it bla bla, but I'm happy for it's success. It's not stealing sales from other manga or anything, but I guess mb some people don't like that it's performing on par or even better at times than One Piece...

Agreed completely about the Muzan stuff and the killing characters :nod I know it can be pretty harsh, but you can't have all the characters surviving all the time. Think it's one of the things Kimetsu actually approached really differently compared to most other shonen adventures, it's quite rare to see so many good guys dying (and I like it, even if it hurts haha).

didnt expect Kny to end that quick, or more exactly i knew it was close to the end, but expected it due to the success of the series to get extended somehow. and seemingly tpn is ending too, next week (or the one after, but most likely next week), i ve been so disppointed lately, it has so much changed from what it was at the started, it lost everything that made it amazing, i still like it as a generic shonen, but im so so unhappy, i d rather see it end up asap.
I can totally relate, it's a shame what TPN turned into... It still has some good moments (like, I thought that they still see Isabella as their mother was both touching and realistic), but overall it's only a shadow of what it once was :sweatdrop Enjoyed the manga a lot until mid to end Goldy Pond Arc, but that's when it started going slowly downhill. Almost everything after that arc was average to bad, sadly :(

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Also another annoying reminder to read Ayumu-kun and Kase-san. :cop
I know this isn't a recommendation for me, but I watched the long OVA of Kase-san. It was pretty cute. It also gave me Doukyuusei vibes, so that's a plus :blush
Is the manga better than it?
I said before that I'd still recommend TPN despite its issues, but now I'm torn. This series really fell from glory :emocat
While I still like it, the flaws outweigh the good.

revo

In love with the Heavens
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
oh actually I would love if he were the one who confesses, Takagi has already done 70% of the job :arf i will be fine either way, but i love a lot Nishikita, hes an adorable character etc. but i feel when it comes to their relationship , that Takagi is the one who most of times makes the 1st move, id love if Nishikita has the guts to make one bigger move, even if it once only, and confess to her, so they will be equal :errr i cant imagine how happy takagi would be, if he does, she honestly deserves it. Do it for me, Nishi !!!

also its a shonen manga (trying to convince myself lol) so he has to show to her how much he grew from chap 1, we need to see the Mc overcoming his doubts and insecurities and gaining more self confidence. after the last episode of season 2 i can definitely see him doing it. :nod
He even takes his time to make the first move when they're married :lmao but I feel that he needs character development and confessing or at least stopping to think it's all teasing is the way for it. Still it's a pretty simple comfy manga so I'm more than okay with the current pacing, so one can always dream.

Also I'm sometimes surprised when it's under "shonen" category too hahaha, but I guess the type of romance fits it, it's very far away from how shojos or seinens do romantic plots.
Here for you ! :zomg

Thanks for the fanarts Erin-chan! :zomg

I'm gonna be honest: I had no idea TpN is about to end too, in this month, it really makes me sad because it's basically that I don't really care about it anymore, when a while ago it was one of my favorite series and I waited every week to know about it. Still, I think it's for the better, it already lost the charm but better to end it now than becoming more and more disappointing. I still think the first big arc of the manga was amazing, and that the plot and style of the series should've sticked to that, so there's still a nice part of the manga to reread I guess.
But I get your pain Erin-chan. :emocat

KnY ended when it had to though, did you read the final chapters? I don't want to spoil you, but like most of the readers I'm not a big fan of the final chapter. Still better than NnT though.
Oh, that's why :o Yeah, I think art like that is pretty common, but probably not the best decision when the central focus of that arc was a wholly different relationship. Tbh I think it's a bit of an overreaction on her side though, but I know some creators are very protective of their work and I can respect that.

What I know is that the anime bombed (sales were BAD), so I guess we won't see another anime happening...
Yeah it's kinda overreacting but she was depressed already at that time, so getting her own plot ruined by fanservice made her go mad :XD most probably she saw it as a disrespect to her and the manga.

Oh, the anime had bad raitings? :o
The manga is still pretty popular and loved, not as much as before, but that's thanks to all the hiatus and the awful slow pacing.
Says I never were a big FMA fan... I'll have you know it's one of not even ten anime I gave a perfect score (10) on MAL :p I think I just never was BIG Ed/Winry fan (I like it, but I don't love it to bits), but there's a lot of awesomeness in FMA. I remember watching this OP over and over :XD

The series has that perfect mix of a fun action adventure together with touching various heavy topics, all while giving you great fights + cool twists + political intrigue. A bit like early OP maybe, though I think FMA always was more "mature". After 10 years I feel like I have to refresh my memory on some stuff though xD
You're right, actually I should stalk your MAL again.

But I know, as always you're a man of culture ❤ though we disagree with the Ed/Winry part, as they are my most favorite anime/manga couple ever. :XD
That opening has a fantastic animation, not my favorite song among all the openings and endings but I love the sequence a lot!

And yes yes and yes, I agree with everything you say, I honestly get in annoying-biased mode when I talk about FMA, I will scare you away. :sweatdrop
And lol yeah, saw the same about the D.Gray-man comments, it's almost like a meme. Anyway, I'm still waiting for an explanation :teehee
I will I will, be patient to my services. :cop
Yup, exactly my thoughts too :nod

Haha yeah, even after the Togashi rec not that many picked it up, but it slowly got more popular around that time (nothing compared to today though :lmao). The Entertainment District arc probably is my fav arc of the whole manga tbh. The other arcs had some very strong moments (like, almost everything involving Akaza, if you know what I mean), but the Entertainment District was a lot of fun and suspense from beginning to end.

And yes the series had haters, mostly hating on the slow start and the choppy art, which really took some time getting used to. Gotouge improved a lot since then, and while I wouldn't call the manga a masterpiece, it seems to be insanely popular in Japan nowadays. I still see some people bitching about that bc bla bla Kimetsu doesn't deserve it bla bla, but I'm happy for it's success. It's not stealing sales from other manga or anything, but I guess mb some people don't like that it's performing on par or even better at times than One Piece...

Agreed completely about the Muzan stuff and the killing characters :nod I know it can be pretty harsh, but you can't have all the characters surviving all the time. Think it's one of the things Kimetsu actually approached really differently compared to most other shonen adventures, it's quite rare to see so many good guys dying (and I like it, even if it hurts haha).
Well the series was very cliché when it started, even more than it already is in general, but still it had a nice pacing, always went straight to the point and it made me want to keep reading until finding it decent to follow :Haha I actually loved the artstyle though, it's not that different from the final one but I found it nice, I even thought it was an old manga artstyle before looking at the publication date.
I know this isn't a recommendation for me, but I watched the long OVA of Kase-san. It was pretty cute. It also gave me Doukyuusei vibes, so that's a plus :blush
Is the manga better than it?
Glad that you checked it out Elu! :zomg
I think it's a pretty good GL series, it's cute and refreshing. I never checked the anime but I know it didn't cover most of the manga, even if it was faithful to it. I think that if you enjoyed the OVA and want to read some fluffy romantic moments you should definetly check the manga. ^^

Kiki

S&M Addict
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
whats your current pet revo-pin? feels like we havent talked about cats for a while now :^_^

revo

In love with the Heavens
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
whats your current pet revo-pin? feels like we havent talked about cats for a while now :^_^
Sadly I have none currently (though there's a kitty my neighboors have, she's alway peeking from the window and likes to see people passing by, I will take a pic of her and show you when I can :blush) but at home they want to adopt a dog or cat (the debate still lives) when the quarentine is over \o/

How about you Kiki-tan? Is still Choco around?