Discussion “The One” Is no longer the strongest of the sins

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s obviously not fact yet but hear me out.

When Escanor fought Zeldris he hit ON with Rhitta and chipped it. He eventually broke through but he didn’t do so effortlessly. On the other hand Mael destroys Zeldris’ sword with little to no effort and cancels the technique. Mael would go on to be just as helpless as everyone else in the presence of Demon King Meliodas. With that said, I think The One is behind at least current Ban, Mael (past noon), Current Meliodas and maybe even before that based on what Zeldris said( Not a discussion I want to have anymore) and possibly current King.

Shadowlord123

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I agree with The One being below current Ban, his feats are ridiculous and he hasn't even used his Snatch abilities. Plus, he still needs to get his Sacred Treasure back. I also agree with current Mel being above The One, his OG magic was able to instantly destroy the arm of a God and said God stated that with this magic he can fight him. Current King is very debatable, I still think The One is above him.

What I don't agree with is Mael post noon being above The One. Yes, he could bypass Zel's ON easily but that was thanks to his better control of the Sun grace. He was clearly being pulled on by ON, while The One was walking through it unnafected. There's also the fact that Zel could compete with him in close combat and even outspeed him at one time and hurt him considerably. At the end he defeated him through catching him off-guard from the back. He needed 5 minutes to do this. Probably the battle would have lasted longer if he didn't do this. The One bypassed Zel's ON and KO'ed him with one finger. The battle didn't even last one minute, since he had to be interrupted by Chandler's True Night,

IMO, the only characters that are beyond The One are: DK, SD, 10C Mel, Emo Mel (OG Magic), Ban (Post-Purgatory) and Mael (Noon) and most likely Wild (Full Throttle). There are other characters that I see giving him a good challenge just as Current King, Prime Mel and Mael (Late Morning), but I'm not sure if these characters would be able to beat him or not (most likely not, IMO).

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with The One being below current Ban, his feats are ridiculous and he hasn't even used his Snatch abilities. Plus, he still needs to get his Sacred Treasure back. I also agree with current Mel being above The One, his OG magic was able to instantly destroy the arm of a God and said God stated that with this magic he can fight him. Current King is very debatable, I still think The One is above him.

What I don't agree with is Mael post noon being above The One. Yes, he could bypass Zel's ON easily but that was thanks to his better control of the Sun grace. He was clearly being pulled on by ON, while The One was walking through it unnafected. There's also the fact that Zel could compete with him in close combat and even outspeed him at one time and hurt him considerably. At the end he defeated him through catching him off-guard from the back. He needed 5 minutes to do this. Probably the battle would have lasted longer if he didn't do this. The One bypassed Zel's ON and KO'ed him with one finger. The battle didn't even last one minute, since he had to be interrupted by Chandler's True Night,

IMO, the only characters that are beyond The One are: DK, SD, 10C Mel, Emo Mel (OG Magic), Ban (Post-Purgatory) and Mael (Noon) and most likely Wild (Full Throttle). There are other characters that I see giving him a good challenge just as Current King, Prime Mel and Mael (Late Morning), but I'm not sure if these characters would be able to beat him or not (most likely not, IMO).
I thought about the Mael needing 5 minutes thing when I saw it in the spoiler thread and there’s a big difference there too. Escanor tried to kill Zeldris. Mael didn’t even want to fight Zeldris. Again maybe that’s meaningless, it’s a theory, but I think it fits. Noon Mael is definitely more powerful. The fight against Zeldris was purely hand to hand and I have no reason to believe Mael couldn’t have won in less than 60 seconds at noon.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
You basically said everything that i posted in chapter thread.I fully agree 100% with you.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I thought about the Mael needing 5 minutes thing when I saw it in the spoiler thread and there’s a big difference there too. Escanor tried to kill Zeldris. Mael didn’t even want to fight Zeldris. Again maybe that’s meaningless, it’s a theory, but I think it fits. Noon Mael is definitely more powerful. The fight against Zeldris was purely hand to hand and I have no reason to believe Mael couldn’t have won in less than 60 seconds at noon.
At noon, he definitely wins in less than 60 seconds. As I said, I also believe that Noon Mael is considerably stronger than Noon Escanor. Past noon I don't see it, even if he goes for the kill. Zeldris was perfectly capable of hurting him considerably with one attack and left him tired and huffing. It didn't look like Mael could have stomped him if he went serious, much less do what The One did to him. I just don't see it. Just my opinion, ofc.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
''The One'' below Ban? LOL no

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My mind says yes, Ban>>>every character bar the gods, but my heart says no, The One hype train is still running until he's forced to run out of time or is just beaten. Tbh despite Ban's amazing performance against the DK, I still believe he is only King tier, the DK right now hasnt shown his full power.
Mael also isnt that strong, its probably getting close to evening about now, so he's prob only around AM Mel tier.

tonyplox

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Could Ban theoretically just snatch a ridiculous amount of power from "The One" and drain him? I know he had a limit before his hyperbolic time chamber training so its jut a matter of how much he can snatch now I guess.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Bruh the Mael that fought Zeldris is not stronger than The One. I really question if we’re all reading the same manga at times.

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought this was obvious

Mael post noon is not stronger than The One, and definitely believe he can one shot Zeldris pre + post noon

Surge44

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mael post noon is debatable since i agree, he wasnt fighting to kill and his use of sunshine is better. But the sheer power and dominance the one escanor has showed makes it tough to say. I'd like to think Escanor The One is stronger just in hopes that when Mael gets the One he can crack the DK in the face

Mael the strongest

Reaction score
Country
India
Im telling ya One Mode Mael will stomp the DK .
Near noon mael will be way beyond any characters here now even from Ban
Anf One Mode is something that makes the near noon state look absolute fodder.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Ha The Guy who had to struggle to beat ON at first isn't gonna do anything to DK

But One Mode Mael is a wild card,maybe he can do that.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ha The Guy who had to struggle to beat ON at first isn't gonna do anything to DK

But One Mode Mael is a wild card,maybe he can do that.
Ain’t you the guy who said King was on Ban’s level? If King can’t struggling against Zeldris what he doing to someone laying hands on the DK?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Mael countering zeldris was not necessarily because he exceeded escanors the one, rather it was a skill thing. As far as i understand mael countered the darkness within zeldris which pulled him by filling his own body with his power. Its a difference in skill mostly rather than power. I'd still argue the one mostly exceeds basically anything else we have seen. Except escanor has a number of limitations when using it due to being a human. He doesn't have the years of experience with the grace mael had and his body stops just short of exploding when using the one.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Ain’t you the guy who said King was on Ban’s level? If King can’t struggling against Zeldris what he doing to someone laying hands on the DK?
Before seeing Ban's feats completely I said in previous chapter thread

"For now I am putting Ban on King's level" obviously my opinion changed.Ban>King solidly now.

Last edited:

JOA20

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ban is definitely tougher than the One. Escanor's arm was bruished by ON, while Ban could withstand the DK's energy storm with ease. The Fox's Sin is literally a tank now. In terms of physical strength, the One may take the cake but I believe Ban's speed to be higher.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
ON to begin allowed zeldris to worked beyond what his PL (60k plus fully activated demon mark) should have reasonably allowed him. with just On zeldris was basically able to suppress pre noon escanor, ludociel and merlin... Ludociel couldn't even keep up with ON when using his grace which as far as I can tell allows him nearly instantaneous movement. In that sense, it seems like a fairly big claim that ban could definitely overpower ON. it's absolutely true ban is insanely powerful right now but that does not mean he can deal with ON. As powerful as ban is, can we reasonably believe he could outspeed flash? It's technically a plausible scenario but based on what we know so far we shouldn't just assume this is the case. And snatch/gift are absolutely not going to work on zeldris. As far as we know the most reasonable scenario here would be that ban gets ragdolled just as almost anyone else if faced by ON. Best case scenario would be that ban's body is too tough to get injured by zeldris and this goes on until zeldris tires himself out.

eefrit

What's Up Danger
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ban surely has the best feats currently, but the series isn't over yet. Pretty sure everyone has more stuff to show, Ban included.