Josei - 07-Ghost by Amemiya Yuki and Ichihara Yukino | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei 07-Ghost by Amemiya Yuki and Ichihara Yukino

ketorin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Name: 07-Ghost
Author: Amemiya Yuki
Artist: Ichihara Yukino
Serialized in: Comic Zero-Sum (Ichijinsha) and Go! Comi (Volume 2- Ongoing) (English)
Genre: Josei, but other manga sites call it a Shoujo or a Shounen

Summary: Set in a gothic fantasy world, the story of Teito, a former slave who is now pursued by the forces of the Barsburg Empire because of his exceptional ability to use a form of magic called Zaiphon. Teito’s discovery of his true nature and his subsequent quest for revenge involve him in the affairs of the Gods themselves, as he finds himself at the center of the conflict between Verloren, the God of Death, and the mysterious “beings of light” sent by Heaven to oppose him: the Seven Ghosts.

07-Ghost at MH
Read at: OneManga and MangaFox

Edited Manga Progress: Chapter 50 has just been released so the English Edited Mangas are caught up to Japan. Chapter 51 is to be release July 28.

I am surprised no one put this one up yet. Well now let's discuss ^_^

(if I missed anything just tell me)

Last edited:

shinobi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
07-ghost is a good manga, I enjoy reading it a lot... ^_^

the story become interesting now that Teito managed to regain most of his memory about Rag kingdom and that he's functioning as Pandora box, he mustn't be too reckless about his life now...

and about frau, he seems in internal struggle, he said 'I didn't forget about my humanity yet" means he'll be in danger at sometime...I like Frau he's cool!!

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was surprised to learn that Teito was Pandora's Box, once I knew that more pieces just fell into place, Like Kruez(i think that's his name) was said to be a traitor stealing Pandora's Box.

Yes Frau rocks he's awesome and I want to know about why he is the only one to control Verloren's Scythe

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
yes, now know that the pope was the real traitor who stole Pandora's box to bring Verloren back, he probably lost all hope of mankind, and by accusing Kruez he lead Rag to destruction, no wonder no one could find Pandora's box no matter how much they searched...

Ayanami now is searching for Teito like crazy, I think Ayanami is hosting Verloren's soul, while Teito (the current Pandora's box) is having Verloren's body seal, The king of Rahg mentioned that if Teito's soul was snatched away the function of Pandora's heart will be gone and Verloren will find his way back... though I don't know how the other 7-ghost will fit here, Ayanami mentioned that the 7-ghost were created by the chief of heavens using his fragments or something and he wants to collect them back, though my guess is that Zehel is a special one for Verloren, does he need to destroy the ghosts first for his complete resurrection to succeed?! or just kill Teito?!...

yes Frua is awesome!! he kind of reminds me with Cross Marian, and I like crazy (and perverted lolz) sensies ^_^

Heat Salamance

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
YEA!!!! A 07-Ghost thread!!!! I can finally rant!!! WOHOO!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Actually, I think what happened was that the pope wasn't a traitor himself, but was manipulated by someone or something. (Who, we aren't sure of. It can't be Ayanami, or he would have known that Teito was Pandora's box. That shocked me as well. I was all "HOLY S***!" The Chief-Of-Heaven is cruel to Teito...)

Is anyone else excited about how the relationship between Teito, the Prince of Raggs, and Ouka, the Princess of the Empire (Don't remember the name), will turn out? I'm starting to like them as a couple... (though, it feels a bit Romeo-and-Juliet-ish...)

Frau = Cross kinda... He actually reminds me a bit more of the priest from Saiyuki, whose name escapes me....

Was anyone else suprised when they found out this story is labelled Josei? I know I was!
[/rant] <= lol

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah Frau is kind of like a Cross Marian guy, I can imagine those two plotting together. . .damn I can't remember the guy from Saiyuki either. . . .yeah I can imagine those three together.

With the relationship between Teito and Ouka, who knows, but either it's love or a friendship type thing, since (I am guessing) she is the holder of the Eye of Raphael and that's how Teito knew her from before since they were both involved in the war.

Yeah 07-Ghost is either a Josei or Shoujo, it's listed differently in different places. . .Apparently it's listed as Shoujo on Wikipedia, Josei on Onemanga, and SHOUNEN on Mangafox. . .now the shounen one confuses me, yeah I can see it being a shounen it's just there's so many bishounen characters...well it's in a shoujo magazine soooo it's either josei or shoujo (I say josei)

Darkerthanblack

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love this manga. I don't really want to see Tieto and Ouka ending up together. Also the whole Vertrag thing about being eaten up was a shock. But I don't know who he is, I keep confusing him with everyone T.T.

Heat Salamance

Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah Frau is kind of like a Cross Marian guy, I can imagine those two plotting together. . .damn I can't remember the guy from Saiyuki either. . . .yeah I can imagine those three together.
That is a SCARY combination... I wonder how Teito, Goku, and Allen would react if they met each other, or if they saw those 3 together... lol It make me laugh!

With the relationship between Teito and Ouka, who knows, but either it's love or a friendship type thing, since (I am guessing) she is the holder of the Eye of Raphael and that's how Teito knew her from before since they were both involved in the war.
The fact that Ouka might be the Eye of Raphael holder makes it all the more intereting, though it might come as an absolute shock to Teito since he does say that she was what had destroyed everything. http://www.onemanga.com/07_Ghost/48/01/ I want them to be a couple!!! For some reason, I'm shipping this couple lots!

Yeah 07-Ghost is either a Josei or Shoujo, it's listed differently in different places. . .Apparently it's listed as Shoujo on Wikipedia, Josei on Onemanga, and SHOUNEN on Mangafox. . .now the shounen one confuses me, yeah I can see it being a shounen it's just there's so many bishounen characters...well it's in a shoujo magazine soooo it's either josei or shoujo (I say josei)
Acually, for the longest time, I thought it was shounen. It's got a lot of shonen aspects... I found out it was Jousei by looking at the onemanga label (I hadn't noticed for the longest of times... I felt so stupid...)

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is a SCARY combination... I wonder how Teito, Goku, and Allen would react if they met each other, or if they saw those 3 together... lol It make me laugh!
lol yeah they would sympathize with each other, though I think Allen gets the worst one. . .off topic- I love how Allen gets sooo evil when playing cards. . .

The fact that Ouka might be the Eye of Raphael holder makes it all the more intereting, though it might come as an absolute shock to Teito since he does say that she was what had destroyed everything. http://www.onemanga.com/07_Ghost/48/01/ I want them to be a couple!!! For some reason, I'm shipping this couple lots!
Yeah it was the Eye of Raphael that was set to detroy Raggs which it probably did. So once Teito finds out that Ouka has the Eye of Raphael I wonder what he will do, since that was what most likely took his family away.

Acually, for the longest time, I thought it was shounen. It's got a lot of shonen aspects... I found out it was Jousei by looking at the onemanga label (I hadn't noticed for the longest of times... I felt so stupid...)
At first I also thought it was a shounen then I saw it was a Josei, but people confuse it as a shounen and it's understandable ^_^

"The characters are all complex, varied, and entertaining, and the story is extremely emotional. It is often disputed as to whether it is a shōnen or shōjo manga, since it has qualities that appeal to both demographics. 07 Ghost has lots of action while it focuses heavily on character development." from Wikipedia

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
good to know that I wasn't the only one who was confused about 07-ghost not being a shounen manga!! ^ ^

btw, I like this side of Allen, his cheating is awesome!! specially with Tyki ^ ^

the princess and Teito are getting along together very well for now, though all that might change drastically when both of them find out who the other person is, the weird statement made it sound as if the princess was personally responsible for Ragg's destruction...

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States
btw, I like this side of Allen, his cheating is awesome!! specially with Tyki ^ ^

the princess and Teito are getting along together very well for now, though all that might change drastically when both of them find out who the other person is, the weird statement made it sound as if the princess was personally responsible for Ragg's destruction...
it probably wasn't her whole fault since people most likely forced her to do it, but she most likely didn't struggle to try and stop what she was doing. If they find out who each other are, that might get them mad, teito might even try to harm her. (how would you feel after finding out who was responsible for destroying your home)

:offtopic Allen is just the best

Heat Salamance

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [NEWCOMER][Josei]07-Ghost by Amemiya Yuki and Ichihara Yukino

I'm not really sure about Teito hurting Ouka. I mean he'll probably be very mad at first, but he'll remember that Ouka and the Basburg empire were acting under the assumption that Raggs had stolen Pandora's box. After all, the messenger that was to tell the Empire about the pope didn't even make it across the border (<= killed), and they sure as heck don't know about Teito=Pandora's Box...at least, not yet... He may forgive her for her actions, being that she really didn't know everything. He'll probably just blame Ayanami and Veraleon (How do you spell that?!) even more, even if it makes no sense... :)

Off topic: Who doesn't love Allen and his evil card-shark skills! :D

07-Ghost: The Shounen/Shoujo/Seinen/Jousei manga hybrid! lol

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States

Off topic: Who doesn't love Allen and his evil card-shark skills! :D

07-Ghost: The Shounen/Shoujo/Seinen/Jousei manga hybrid! lol
hahahaha nice ^_^

yeah he most likely wouldn't hurt her, and also Teito can't really control Mikael when Mikael was in control, he didn't even remember he was controlled so most likely Ouka didn't remember to much either. I think the most he would harm her is like just grabbing her or something. Yup Ayanami has everything to do with ruining Teito's life. I bet it was him who controlled the Pope to transfer Pandora's Box to Tiashe(Teito) though he would have known who Teito was when he saw him at the Barsburg Academy thing. We know someone was controlling the Pope now and back then so I wonder who it is.

birleywhirligig

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Yay! An 07-Ghost thread!!! XD

I agree that Teito probably won't hurt Ouka, cause thinking back on past chapters... didn't someone (Mikage, perhaps?) say something about not seeking revenge? It's been a while, so I'm not too sure...

And I'm really curious about Verloren's 'true desire'... and could someone (who understands more than me) explain each Ghost's power? Cause it's kinda confusing...

When I read it on Mangafox, I saw the 'shounen' label... and then I wondered if someone had just forgotten to stick the '-ai' after it... I mean, with all the bishies... XD

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States

OMG und yayz!

Got introduced to this manga yesterday by my friend, and I read all the chapters all night (went to bed at 4 AM). What's hilarious: I was watching the first anime episode of it with my friend, and after Ayanami said that Teito was "too soft", I said "Of course! Otherwise he'd be killing people left right and sideways!" My friend sorta stared at me, and then I read chapter 24-25.

I really love 07-Ghost for focusing on generic issues in countries like wars and slavery. The church aspect is also fascinating, along with the German language aspect (I understand the names, and how to pronounce them [as I scream at the TV "no! it is not t-ay-to, it's te-I-to"]). I am very fascinated with the Eye of Michael.

The seven ghosts are also interesting. But I am unclear about the scythes each one wields. We've only heard about Verloren desiring the scythe from Frau, but why not the others? If the seven ghosts are pieces of Verloren, doesn't Verloren want all of the scythes?

I doubt Ouka really wanted to destroy Raggs. From what we see, she's a kind person who has healing zaiphon. But also we have seen how the Eye of Michael has different priorities than Teito, so it could be the same way with the Eye of Raphael. Also, she could've controlled the Eye of Raphael like Teito at that time. In that (more likely) case, she was simply being manipulated and told that Raggs was behind some terrible thing that could/had happen(ed) to her; like having a threat to her family. I think for such a reason, Teito wouldn't attack her

Off-topic: I find it absolutely hilarious that some of us DGM fans have migrated over here. But yes, who doesn't love Allen's cheating? Everyone needs a hobby.

Pyrolupin

Reaction score
Country
United States

What about Mikage do you think he will ever learn to fly or talk?
maybe capella will heal him or somthin and the brain damage will go away cause i cant see a 2,000 pound dragon following teito on the ground and not flying

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States

I think Mikage will learn to talk, but maybe it will just take a little longer than usual for them.

Since we learned that all of the 07 Ghosts are made from Verloren what would happen if Verloren broke free, would the Ghosts disappear back into Verloren.

and just for the heck of here is what Ouka can mean(since I don't know the actual character it is read from i'm not sure)
ouka Europeanization, Westernization
ouka imperial influence, assimilation of new territory (I thought this one was interesting considering what they did with Raggs)
ouka cherry blossom
ouka forcing down
ouka glorification, eulogy, song of praise

this is what i found for Teito's name
teito imperial capital

:offtopic yes we all must love the DGM it is God (jk i just really love it) I wish I had Allen's card shark skills. . .if you guys like 07 Ghost and DGM go here and look at Pandora Hearts and keep the thread going, it's dieing, it's a really good series, it's my second fave right after DGM

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States

I dunno about Mikage, as his case is weird to say the least.

Ketorin: Hm, those definitions for Ouka make sense. After all, the other kingdom taking down Raggs was probably maintained under the philosophy (or "glorification") that the Barsburg Empire was removing the amoral. But in the end, it was actually a desire to accumulate more territory and to release Verloren. Ouka was the tool for that, using the Eye of Raphael. She might have even believed that glorification.

I found it interesting how the names in the Empire are generally more Japanese in the royal families, but Raggs was German.

:offtopic: Currently 07-Ghost has jumped to my #1 favorite because of so many unanswered mysteries. Plus, the bigger themes of church and state are well-done and fascinating. DGM is my second fav, as it has a good deal of unanswered questions. However it has for the moment deviated into the smaller issues, which are a little dull (except for the 14th, I love that bastard.)

ketorin

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah when I saw the translation for there names I was like, they chose good names for their characters. It suits their actions and all. I like when the names of characters reveal something about them.

:offtopic Yup thats why DGM Pandora Hearts and 07 Ghost are my favorite manga series since they have so much unanswered questions and the characters are so developed. I like manga that keeps you guessing and when you predict something you come up with so many different predictions (unlike other manga like Bleach I have guessed where that series is going and I was right, the only thing I can thinking of guessing in the series is about Ichigos father) yup those are the best type of manga

Pyrolupin

Reaction score
Country
United States

i dont think the ghosts will go back into verlorn arent they like clones and also cause they were the one who defeated him