2013 Anime Awards Information Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

2013 Anime Awards Information Thread

littleangel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
I'm going to use every possible way to prevent Clare from winning this round. In all honesty, it's like comparing a stone with a diamond.
It's true.. Like how can people compare Clare the Cullinan Diamond with just a piece of Graphite goes by the name Misaka.. People these days..

Claymore has a good start and continues to be good until some time later. After the last huge revelation it turns into a huge boring mess full of boring fights. I guess catching up makes it a bit more easy and acceptable, but I almost skipped it time and time again, waiting each month for another boring chapter (besides some small exceptions here and there). Nothing against Claymore fans but the strong support from them almost feels like blind fanboyism.
I just wonder what is your best anime?? Or manga?? I bet you go with Death Note that is full of errors and mistakes and illogical events?? Or is it FMA with a very happy ending and freakin plot armor around almost everyone?? If you think Claymore is falling in quality then you are really reading something else.. Every step Yagi took was very well executed and made sure to get out of personality not like Bleach and One Piece as they suddenly get out of personality just for breaking the boredom. And please tell me how boring the fights are?? Do you consider nakama power more interesting and op power ups more to your likings? Because that would explain much.. You just don't seem to see what we see in every corner and little detail Yagi makes that we look after.. Like I remember when Cassandra was introduced with Roxanne and Hysteria as zombie bodies with tubes in them and Dae explaining his choice to Rebul, we through looking into little details managed to know that one had a short hair and the other two had long hair.. I know you may look at it as stupid but just to prove how much we look at details and for us to stick with Claymore means that we are actually seeing details that none of the other mangakas put effort into.

Clare winning would be even more outrageous than the Teresa madness.
LOL it seems that left a scar that would never heal, didn't it?? Now I'm more happy for some reason.. :teehee
And up to now with all the evidence given to you in most badass thread, you didn't replay to any.. #JustSaying

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not discussing Claymore here, I was merely stating my opinion for Demon. Outside of that, it just annoys me when people either lack the knowledge of other great characters (and thus praise bland characters as the best) or are blind for every argument because of fanboyism. Not like that's related to the bunch of Claymore fans only, it happened with the One Piece and Hunter x Hunter fanbase in the past too. That's about it, so no reason to act all douchey because I dared to criticize your favourite series.

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm not discussing Claymore here, I was merely stating my opinion for Demon. Outside of that, it just annoys me when people either lack the knowledge of other great characters (and thus praise bland characters as the best) or are blind for every argument because of fanboyism. Not like that's related to the bunch of Claymore fans only, it happened with the One Piece and Hunter x Hunter fanbase in the past too. That's about it, so no reason to act all douchey because I dared to criticize your favourite series.
Lol, isn´t that kind of pointless to argue considering they in turn do not like Misaka and prefer Clare? I mean i could very much could also complain about people nominating insubstantial (again, only from my point of view) characters like Misaka or Mikasa for Female Lead while there are characters like Lain, Balsa, Kino, Re-l Mayer, Nausicäa, Shiki, Nodame, Rakka, Mima Kirigoe, Togame and at least 50 more female characters out there that i would certainly prefer and would deserve it more from my point of view.
I am not really criticizing mind you but just pointing out the pointlessness of such endeavor.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lol, isn´t that kind of pointless to argue considering they in turn do not like Misaka and prefer Clare? I mean i could very much could also complain about people nominating insubstantial (again, only from my point of view) characters like Misaka or Mikasa for Female Lead while there are characters like Lain, Balsa, Kino, Re-l Mayer, Nausicäa, Shiki, Nodame, Rakka, Mima Kirigoe, Togame and at least 50 more female characters out there that i would certainly prefer and would deserve it more from my point of view.
I am not really criticizing mind you but just pointing out the pointlessness of such endeavor.
That wasn't my point, no one can watch/read everything and know all the characters and bias is involved anyway. I was referring to the usual fanboys/fangirls, usually coming from one of the shounen sections on MH and praising/voting for a character of the series they fanboy over, no matter who they are up against. I bet it wouldn't matter if it's Clare or Miria or Priscilla or whatever, she would get the vote no matter what because hey, it's a Claymore character. I probably phrased it badly, but I think such behaviour comes either from very little knowledge (like reading 5 manga, usually big three + 2 other shounen and only having watched their anime adaptions, at best having watched some extremely popular stuff like FMA, SAO or Shingeki) or because of said blind fanboyism. There's a difference between liking a character but knowing he/she just is inferior in writing/portrayal than another, or just blindly voting for someone because obviously, the whole series and all it's characters are so awesome there can't be any better out there.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I could almost excuse Hunter x Hunter last year. It's a popular, ongoing anime. It probably would have won a few awards even without an organized campaign. If Claymore did not have a subforum, Clare would not have earned enough nominations to reach the first voting round, let alone a tiebreaker. She only had enough nomination because of an organized campaign in the Claymore hangout thread. Claymore isn't that popular an anime.

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

What niichan is saying is that this is a popularity poll. Winners should reflect overall popularity among the wider community of anime fans. Clare's presence immediately indicate that the sample is skewed, unrepresentative of the population as a whole. We all know that Clare is not a particularly popular character among the general population of anime fans, and that Claymore is not held in particularly high esteem. We also know that Misaka is a hugely popular character, that RailDex is one of the popular ongoing ranobe, manga, and anime franchises. Claymore ended over six years ago, has not had a second season, and is not on the minds of most manga fans. Railgun had a hugely popular second season in 2013, and Index had a hugely popular new movie. Clare's inclusion in this poll does not reflect popularity, or quality, but the presence of a large number of Claymore fans able to act as a voting block. Her nomination does not say anything about her popularity or about fandom in 2013. The results probably do not even say much about what is popular at Mangahelpers.

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I could almost excuse Hunter x Hunter last year. It's a popular, ongoing anime. It probably would have won a few awards even without an organized campaign. If Claymore did not have a subforum, Clare would not have earned enough nominations to reach the first voting round, let alone a tiebreaker. She only had enough nomination because of an organized campaign in the Claymore hangout thread. Claymore isn't that popular an anime.
Well I like the anime, so I didn't mind that much, but sometimes it was so blatantly obvious when fanboys voted in a group. Some wins were fine for me, others weren't. I can only agree with the rest, the Claymore anime was neither popular nor well-done. Okayish I would say. I pray for Misaka's win because there's absolutely no doubt she's superior to a generic shounen character. It's a bit like, let's say Ichigo vs. Kyon :oh

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well I like the anime, so I didn't mind that much, but sometimes it was so blatantly obvious when fanboys voted in a group. Some wins were fine for me, others weren't. I can only agree with the rest, the Claymore anime was neither popular nor well-done. Okayish I would say. I pray for Misaka's win because there's absolutely no doubt she's superior to a generic shounen character. It's a bit like, let's say Ichigo vs. Kyon :oh
We're lucky the Naruto and Bleach fans haven't figured they can vote in a group, or don't care. A tie between Sakura and Misaka would have been unforgivable. I kind of figured Claymore fans would campaign again, after they won an anime showdown. At least they were only able to succeed in Female Lead. Even if Clare wins, I fully expect Mikasa to crush her in the finals. If there's ever any doubt we can always start our own campaign in the Shingeki hang out thread. Shingeki really was the most popular (not my favorite) anime this year. Between anime fans and Shingeki fans, Claymore fans would not stand a chance.

Reactions: Nii

littleangel

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
That's about it, so no reason to act all douchey because I dared to criticize your favourite series.
I wouldn't mind you criticizing anything but that is if it is backed up by a valid evidence not mere emotions! Story and character development is what made Claymore survive for ages and you are saying it is boring?? Plz..

I was referring to the usual fanboys/fangirls, usually coming from one of the shounen sections on MH and praising/voting for a character of the series they fanboy over, no matter who they are up against
LOL? Proven in? I voted and nominated many characters and stuff from many animes other than Claymore.. And that applies to all who nominated in this award and other ones.. Just look at Utsune.. He nominated many others from different animes and still call us biased only to Claymore..

I probably phrased it badly, but I think such behaviour comes either from very little knowledge (like reading 5 manga, usually big three + 2 other shounen and only having watched their anime adaptions, at best having watched some extremely popular stuff like FMA, SAO or Shingeki) or because of said blind fanboyism.
Oh plz.. Jumping to conclusions based on??? I have spent more than 140 days on anime based on animelist and 40 days on manga reading.. And called like never watched anything except for the three?? Well I dropped the three ages ago because they are too stupid and feel like losing IQ with every episode! So at least get a good background before you argue about something that does not exist.. And BTW this applies to all Claymore fans in this forum and other forums.. We just find Claymore one of the best because of the two things I keep mentioning.

There's a difference between liking a character but knowing he/she just is inferior in writing/portrayal than another
Exactly.. Clare over all got a better personality and character development than any of the other nominations.. You feel her grow in you not just yeah this girl is op and that's it..

n. If Claymore did not have a subforum, Clare would not have earned enough nominations to reach the first voting round, let alone a tiebreaker.
We have seen the votes and only 5 were from the Claymore forum.. So 4 voted from outside! Even if you take Teresa same thing I bet.. So plz don't say a block movement because even in the best days we barely have a number.. All these posts are made by 20 members and that's it! But what makes it alive is that we really debate not just crap talk like other subforums.

Winners should reflect overall popularity among the wider community of anime fans.
This is bias by itself and you thinking like that makes me a little rethink even continuing this debate.. I thought this was about the best female lead not the most popular female lead! So voting should be one what you felt demonstrated this category at best not what you feel was too cool to exist!

but the presence of a large number of Claymore fans able to act as a voting block.
I didn't know that 5 fans could be that scary.. You live to learn..

the Claymore anime was neither popular nor well-done.
If only the last couple of episodes followed the manga it would've been.. Even the change wasn't that bad, it just us the fans disliked it compared to the manga but for those who never read it, never said a thing like that and truly enjoyed it.. So your argument is based on your opinion not a statistical data like what I have seen from me being active in Claymore community since 2006.

We're lucky the Naruto and Bleach fans haven't figured they can vote in a group, or don't care.
I thought voting was opened for everyone.. Not to mention we only voted on two things from the very start of all these awards.. So just two things we did made you never forget it.. I wonder if we did more what would happen?? Don't worry we wont because we know the potentials of Claymore and we don't cross it.
Even if Clare wins, I fully expect Mikasa to crush her in the finals.
You do realize that by the start of the final round Claymore forum will be active again?? #JustSaying
Shingeki really was the most popular (not my favorite) anime this year.
True and same here.. But still what it lacked was one thing, and that is making an attachment between the reader and the character to feel that there is a connection between these two.. But this would make the mystery element around the characters decrease and that is one of the main reasons people liked it.. So for regular fans, it would be bad ,but for true fans it would be perfect.
Between anime fans and Shingeki fans, Claymore fans would not stand a chance.
LOL you never know.. FT fans were crushed in badass voting.. Even FMA's too.. So yeah we do have a chance and like I said half of the votes were from outside the Claymore community, meaning we barely did it.

And last thing:
I bet it wouldn't matter if it's Clare or Miria or Priscilla or whatever
LOL you never know the Claymore community at all.. We do care who is nominated, and if she was unworthy, we wouldn't vote.. Like Miria as the best lead would be a meh for me although she is my 4th fav character and Clare is not even a fav of mine.. But doesn't mean that Clare doesn't deserve it while Miria IMO don't.. Anything with Priscilla would fail too because she was never that polished in any direction.. She was developed in almost all paths without focusing on one, so many others would deserve the win over her on any nomination she is in.

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
We're lucky the Naruto and Bleach fans haven't figured they can vote in a group, or don't care. A tie between Sakura and Misaka would have been unforgivable.
Well Sakura is terrible so she could never be put up for an award.

It's a bit like, let's say Ichigo vs. Kyon
I would choose Kyon. Actually I would have voted for Haruhi Suzumiya, instead of Clare, if she had made it to the tiebreaker.

Last edited:

BobobVanBlob

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It's raining quotes !

I thought the Anime Awards were just about the favorite thing/character in anime, but it seems to be more of a discussion who is objectively the best character ?

For me it's not surprising these kind of discussions appear, but I hope Mikasa will not win (I don't care about Misaka, I haven't finished the To Aru series, so I cannot say if I like her), anyway, maybe a good thing would be to make it more like "XXX of the year", because well I tried most of the time to find stuff from 2013 for nomination.

And because I want to add oil to the fire, my favorites of the year were : Lucy [...] Yamagami (servantXservice), Maou (Maoyuu), and Gahara-chan (Monogatari)

Favorite of the everything : Yuuko Aioi(Nichijo), Gahara-chan again, Miria (Baccano), Konno Makoto (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

So yeah, I feel kind of alone when I want to vote...

Plus no Bromance making it in favorite couple, sad Bobob is sad...

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
It's about favorites, and it was not meant to be limited to 2013, except where noted in category titles. It's only natural that a few people tried to make claim their favorite as the best, that happens with everything. The format is a popularity contest, and that is what it is intended to measure. It's mostly meant for fun, something we hope everybody had :)

The final round should start today, tomorrow at the latest!