MH - 25 or 50 Things About Yourself Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MH 25 or 50 Things About Yourself Discussion Thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
This is the Discussion Thread for the 25 or 50 Things about Yourself... Thread :amuse

Basically to avoid interrupting the flow of that thread, we can talk about what we found interesting about the other forum members here - as well as ask questions here.

Example, these are the things I found very interesting about everybody so far, though I'm just commenting on a few things for each person:

@ bebong

I hate sports
I kinda liked soccer and badminton
Bebong, I'd have thought you'd be a sports fan considering your high level of energy :amuse

Though wouldn't soccer count? XD

@ eileenting88

3. I have a smelly pillow. *blush*
May I ask why it's smelly, Eileen? :amuse

16. I throw javelin, shot putt and discus.
I had no idea you participated in these sports! Did you win any events? :smile-big

@ Hamsun

14. i'm a non-fiction writer
That's cool, Hamsun, short stories? About what?

By the way...

19. hate homophobes
I think that there's kind of a BIG difference between people who are a little unsure about homosexuality and people who are total bigots. Heterosexuals could easily be classified as homophobes, for example, just for the simple reason that they far prefer heterosexuality. You shouldn't hate 'em all equally. ;)

@ Miso

Judging by your first 25 comments you sound a lot like me, so I like you Miso! :thumbs :D

6. I love to read especially fantasy books
So, what's your favorite fantasy books?

16. I'd like to study law afterwards
Good luck on that! :knk

@ lexiefaye

8. I can draw all the bones in the human body by memory (from my Archeology training)
That's awesome, lexiefaye! XD

11. I was on a Daily Show episode this past spring pretending to work for a college department that I actually didn't work for.
Sounds like a story there, what happened?

@ hiko

7. I'm an Asian film fanatic, have been for many years now.
8. But Japanese cinema is my #1 love.
9. I've been a fan of anime since Akira hit the UK in 1991.
10. I write film+DVD reviews for a reasonably well known DVD review site.
Cool, we have a Japanese movie buff here I see.

Do you want to hint at which DVD review site that might be, hiko?

Any movie/anime recommendations? XD

@ icecoldsoul18

8. I'm an avid martial artist.
Pretty cool, ice. What martial arts?

11. I play basketball barefoot and have done so enough that my feet are almost numb from any sort of pain.
Ouch, I could see why - WHY do you play barefoot?

@ Anax

2) My eyes are hazel brown and I have a triangle shaped mark on my right eye's pupil
That's pretty funky. XD

6) I really like languages and etymology a lot, though after learning English and trying French I spent a lot of time not learning anything. Now I'm trying to take up Japanese
Guess you came to the right place ;-D
Hopefully we'll have somebody teaching Japanese here soon. :amuse

13) My grandpa, my father and I are rabdomancers
What are rabdomancers?

19) Umm... I've reached a state where I savour the company of women when I can find it to a point that almost scares me... I need a woman in my life badly, thouhg it's the kind of life that doesn't help.
Pfft. Don't worry THAT much about it, Anax. You'll meet somebody eventually.

@ blue_angel

1. I'm a Filipina
Hehe, we have two female Filipina moderators here, and now comes another Filipina girl. We have lovely girls everywhere here, I guess! XD :glomp

3. I am majoring in Physics (geek!)
4....but minoring in History (weird)
Definitely different... but that's great to be knowledgable in both these areas. Good luck, blue angel!

10. I am a campus journalist
That's pretty cool!

14. I almost run over a policeman while taking my driving lesson
Heh, talk about a blooper! What did the policeman say?

@ KaiserRyuujin

6. I hate Kingdom Hearts with a firey pashion I think it too should burn rot in hell I wish for its demise.(I will most likely be lynched or negative pointed for this one :P )
I'm curious, why do you hate Kingdom Hearts so much, Kaiser? And yeah, watch out for KH lovers here xD

14. I cannot tolerate "l33t" speech it, its just something in my opinion for the ignorant to use, nothing clever about it.
You and me both!

21. I am not only from being a manga guy, but I am a big Spider-Man fan and wish I could get ahold the originals with out paying a but load and Sam Reimi ROCKS!
Awesome, another Spidey fan. :nuts How extensive is your collection right now?

Comment away! :thumbs

lexiefaye

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Re: 25 or 50 Things About Yourself: Discussion Thread

Hey! Thanks for asking :)

So they were filming something about Rutgers University and need a place to film the interview. The story was about how the policy that students of the investigative journalism class are not allowed to do research on Rutgers was instated AFTER a student proved that the Atletics department got treated special. Stu Miller (the producer/director) choose the university hotel I worked in for the interview but at the last minute decided to film a little bit when Ed Helms barges in on the Rutgers Athletics Dept. At first they asked the Hotel's conference coordinator if she would play the role of the Athletic Dept Secretary but for university politics reason's she couldn't. So I was called in (thank good I was wearing makeup!) and 15 minutes later they were filming. It took 8 takes for them to be satisfied (I did it differently each time - one time I said a lot, one time I just stared blankly) but they were really nice about it and had tons of suggestions. The first time I couldn't stop smiling. They were great about thinking of new ideas quickly - good with the improv and keeping it real. In the end the picked the last shot where Helms barges in asking to speak to the Athletic Chair and I turn all freaked out and say "Um...he's in a meeting right now" That was it. 30 seconds took 30 minutes to film.

Afterwords, I talked a bit with Ed Helms and Stu Miller. Shallow stuff - you know, small talk. Nothing hilarious but not dull either. Helms was really normal, down-to-earth. Stu had me sign a Waiver and gave me his card. And that was it. They told me it would be shown a week form that day so I of course told everyone one I know to watch.

And as things happened I wasn't bumped once but twice! Bush did too many stupid things in that week I guess. By the time they showed it, I think my friends and family were getting feed up watching it at 11pm each night. I kept on taping it. Wednesday I was disappointed again until (over the phone) a friend screamed that she saw me! I was the trailer for the next days show. And Jon Stewart laughed. Mind you it was Helms who was actually being funny and it coulda been a fake laugh - but being the trailer and all the TV spots all day has got to mean something? Right?

The following night, when it was actually on was Purim, so I watched during a drunken party. So did a lot of people apparently including a relative I didn't know went to RU and some acquaintances I didn't tell to watch. Totally bizarre. I got a crazy amount of emails. The best part of the program wasn't me but Ed Helms questioning the existence of a Rutgers Athletics Dept. He dissed my school on TV!!!! Peoples' reactions were varied (from congrats, to humor, to disgust) and I got a reputation as "the Daily Show Chick" for awhile. It was quite the experience!

Oh and GK ... I love LotR too. Did you get into it before or after the movies? I was inspired to first read the hobbit by some illustrations my High School Lit teacher posted behind his desk - and when I finished that, LotR and the Similrillian, I finally looked it up online to discover a film was being made. This was before Elijah Wood was even cast. But they were great! Did you see Peter Jackson's King Kong cuz he directed it? What did you think?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Hey lexiefaye -

lexiefaye said:

So they were filming something about Rutgers University and need a place to film the interview. The story was about how the policy that students of the investigative journalism class are not allowed to do research on Rutgers was instated AFTER a student proved that the Atletics department got treated special. Stu Miller (the producer/director) choose the university hotel I worked in for the interview but at the last minute decided to film a little bit when Ed Helms barges in on the Rutgers Athletics Dept. At first they asked the Hotel's conference coordinator if she would play the role of the Athletic Dept Secretary but for university politics reason's she couldn't. So I was called in (thank good I was wearing makeup!) and 15 minutes later they were filming. It took 8 takes for them to be satisfied (I did it differently each time - one time I said a lot, one time I just stared blankly) but they were really nice about it and had tons of suggestions. The first time I couldn't stop smiling. They were great about thinking of new ideas quickly - good with the improv and keeping it real. In the end the picked the last shot where Helms barges in asking to speak to the Athletic Chair and I turn all freaked out and say "Um...he's in a meeting right now" That was it. 30 seconds took 30 minutes to film.

Afterwords, I talked a bit with Ed Helms and Stu Miller. Shallow stuff - you know, small talk. Nothing hilarious but not dull either. Helms was really normal, down-to-earth. Stu had me sign a Waiver and gave me his card. And that was it. They told me it would be shown a week form that day so I of course told everyone one I know to watch.

And as things happened I wasn't bumped once but twice! Bush did too many stupid things in that week I guess. By the time they showed it, I think my friends and family were getting feed up watching it at 11pm each night. I kept on taping it. Wednesday I was disappointed again until (over the phone) a friend screamed that she saw me! I was the trailer for the next days show. And Jon Stewart laughed. Mind you it was Helms who was actually being funny and it coulda been a fake laugh - but being the trailer and all the TV spots all day has got to mean something? Right?

The following night, when it was actually on was Purim, so I watched during a drunken party. So did a lot of people apparently including a relative I didn't know went to RU and some acquaintances I didn't tell to watch. Totally bizarre. I got a crazy amount of emails. The best part of the program wasn't me but Ed Helms questioning the existence of a Rutgers Athletics Dept. He dissed my school on TV!!!! Peoples' reactions were varied (from congrats, to humor, to disgust) and I got a reputation as "the Daily Show Chick" for awhile. It was quite the experience!
Sounds like it :D

But they should've probably warned you there might've been some backlash. Did you get a lot of hate mail, or something like that, from Rutgers alum's? Oh well, sounded like fun - and cool that you got recognized. Maybe they'll call you back to do some more roles ;)

Oh and GK ... I love LotR too. Did you get into it before or after the movies? I was inspired to first read the hobbit by some illustrations my High School Lit teacher posted behind his desk - and when I finished that, LotR and the Similrillian, I finally looked it up online to discover a film was being made. This was before Elijah Wood was even cast. But they were great! Did you see Peter Jackson's King Kong cuz he directed it? What did you think?
Crazy how different Hobbit is from the Trilogy, isn't it? I followed the casting/production of LoTR almost from the beginning myself - but Wood was already cast. But some of the first photos we got of the set were of Hobbiton, and when I saw these, along with how Frodo, Pippin, Merry, and Samwise would look like, I was feeling pretty good about it. Needless to say, I was first in line for the first LoTR movie and I think it was the first time I ever truly enjoyed a movie from the first minute to the last minute. Just an awesome theater experience.

Yep, I've seen King Kong - lots of action, I was somewhat disappointed for it being a Peter Jackson movie and one he was especially excited about, actually. But maybe I've just been spoiled by the LoTR movies.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight said:
@ KaiserRyuujin

I'm curious, why do you hate Kingdom Hearts so much, Kaiser? And yeah, watch out for KH lovers here xD
Do you actually wish to know? Because I will answer no problem, just that it will be quite the rant and its not like it'll be "oh that game was so f***ing lame!!!111!!" just be quite the read and well I probably should explain myself, but I just want to make sure and dont want to turn this thread into a whole KH discussion is all.

Gold Knight said:
You and me both!
Good, sometimes I think I am the only one with some this stuff and I was just going insane XD

Gold Knight said:
Awesome, another Spidey fan. :nuts How extensive is your collection right now?
I had a good collection going, of Spidey and also Venom like one or so the Seperation Anxiety series, but uh well well brother and I got into a tiff and well....may they rest in peace. :crying

lexiefaye said:

Aw seriously?! I freakin love that show! O_O Its the best! Place which I get my news from. :P John Stewart rules, got a copy of the book for my mom and got one for my Uncle too, soo freakin sweet you got to be on the show! Even a bit, just so freakin sweet. o.o

hiko

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Gold Knight said:
@ hiko

Cool, we have a Japanese movie buff here I see.

Do you want to hint at which DVD review site that might be, hiko?

Any movie/anime recommendations? XD
The site's called DVD Times, but I guess it's only really that well known in the UK (we're definitely one of the biggest UK review sites, if not the biggest). As for recommendations, there are too many to list!

ANIME: If you haven't seen Samurai Champloo then I couldn't recommend it enough.
FILM: If you like completely insane comedies then Yaji & Kita: The Midnight Pilgrims is a great example of Japanese surrealism. 9 Souls is a quirky drama that's darker than Yaji & Kita, but it's another excellent film with a reasonably priced R1 release.

icecoldsoul18

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight said:
@ icecoldsoul18

Pretty cool, ice.  What martial arts?

Ouch, I could see why - WHY do you play barefoot?
I learned Crane, Tiger, and Monkey. I've been doing it for about 3 1/2 years now, I'm not that bad if i do say so myself. I've demolished anyone who's tried to beat me up so far.

Yeah basically it's like this, i am so lazy that i don't want to tie my shoes to play basketball lol. So i go play barefoot, i've done it so much that my feet pretty much have no feeling anymore so it's all good. The other thing is i know that if i play with shoes now i'm going to be running and jumping faster and higher and i'll destroy the people i play with.

bebong

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score

I like KH!!!!! *growls* LOL you've just crashed a KH fan Kaiser. Why hate KH?? It's a very good game and it has the smoothest graphic in PS2 IMO The storylines pwns too!! there's a jyuusan who sounded exactly like Jiraiya!!!

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

bebong said:
I like KH!!!!! *growls* LOL you've just crashed a KH fan Kaiser. Why hate KH?? It's a very good game and it has the smoothest graphic in PS2 IMO The storylines pwns too!! there's a jyuusan who sounded exactly like Jiraiya!!!
Wow, yes you wowed me with that response. *rolls eyes* You proved that I should with you using the word "pwn" and "IMO". Rephrase that whole nonsensicle shout out against me, and until Gold Knight also gives the okay, then I'll give you my answer.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

KaiserRyuujin said:
Do you actually wish to know? Because I will answer no problem, just that it will be quite the rant and its not like it'll be "oh that game was so f***ing lame!!!111!!" just be quite the read and well I probably should explain myself, but I just want to make sure and dont want to turn this thread into a whole KH discussion is all.
Go ahead, this thread is pretty much meant for random chit-chat anyway. :amuse Rant away. I've only played the first KH game, by the way.

I had a good collection going, of Spidey and also Venom like one or so the Seperation Anxiety series, but uh well well brother and I got into a tiff and well....may they rest in peace. :crying
OMFG :crying

hiko said:
The site's called DVD Times, but I guess it's only really that well known in the UK (we're definitely one of the biggest UK review sites, if not the biggest).
Looks like a very nice, organized well-done website, I'll definitely go back there. I registered. ;)

ANIME: If you haven't seen Samurai Champloo then I couldn't recommend it enough.
Awesome, that does look good. The others I'll also give a try sometimes :) Thanks, hiko.

icecoldsoul18 said:
I learned Crane, Tiger, and Monkey. I've been doing it for about 3 1/2 years now, I'm not that bad if i do say so myself. I've demolished anyone who's tried to beat me up so far.
Excellent - you can be my Mortal Kombat character then ;D

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

May I ask why it's smelly, Eileen?
because I have been using it since I am a kind until now? :p and never been washed except a few times when my mother had to forcefully took it away for cleaning? :D I dont feel smelly at all. Everyone has a smelly pillow. All of my friends has a smelly pillow too. That's our memory of childhood. It's not an odd thing to us here, dont know about US though.

I had no idea you participated in these sports!  Did you win any events?

Actually I did won some in inter house sports day.

13 years old : gold in discus, bronze in javelin
14                 : silver in discus, silver in shot putt
15                 : bronze in discus and shot putt
17                 : silver in discus.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

We clean our pillow sheets once or twice every week here in the US, Eileen ;)

And occasionally buy new pillows...

Gold in Discus at 13 years old! Do you work out a lot, Eileen? ;D
Guess you got some tougher competition later on.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight said:
We clean our pillow sheets once or twice every week here in the US, Eileen ;)

And occasionally buy new pillows...
U know, those little small pillows we would hug when we were small and they tend to get smelly easily. So we got very comfortable around with the smells and often smell it. It's not the big pillow that we use to sleep every night, it's just a small pillow for hugging and I am hugging and smelling it now. (kind of feeling childish here:D)

Gold in Discus at 13 years old!  Do you work out a lot, Eileen?  ;D
Guess you got some tougher competition later on.
I dont work out at all nowadays. Back then, when I was 11,12,13 I used to train myself doing situps, taking some weights and stuff like that but school caught me and training became lesser and lesser. I did not join the competition when I was 16, so no data about that. Basically, next week is the sports day, this week I train. I only train maybe just 3 days and go straight to competition. :D I am lazy.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

*flicks on music, stretches arms amidst cracking knuckles*

Alright! Let’s get this puppy rolling, you wanted to know my hatred for Kingdom Hearts? Well here it comes, and some of you, it may fuel a sense of hate towards me, and feel the necessity to lash back taking certain cheap shots.(I.E. retard, stupid, dumb ass, faggot and a “noob” etc etc) Well all I have to say to that is….bring it. >=) With what I speak about I will gladly defend it and answer back in the ways I too know how. Cool way to start it huh? :)

Really for such a game its hard to know where exactly to begin, because to my view this game has a lot of issues wrong that its unbelievable.

Lets first though just get it out of the way and tackle the issue of, voice actors, its easy because these are the people who’re giving the voice of certain characters that have gained a reputation, made a mark in the gaming community.

Disney of course brings in the big hits because of the name alone of Disney. Really only good voice actor there in my book was James Woods as “Hades” the guy rocks and is well…talented! So now, they decide with the big hitting names…they bring in the Pop Singers…why? Because they want to sell, sell, sell! They cast Lance Bass as Sephiroth an iconic villain in the Final Fantasy series among some the other big hitters…and they choose this poser? I can’t understand him of all people? He didn’t even do that great a job! I could think of a good portion of people to fill that spot then him.

Name one would have been Simon Templeman who voiced “Kain” from “The Legacy of Kain” series, he has played one Platinum Psychopath he could certainly do a finer job then this and bring some dignity to such a role. Even Michael Bell who also voiced for the same game as “Raziel” but also has done voicing for Metal Gear Solid 3 played “The Fear”, Lance Bass had what? One crappy movie out and was just done with “Nsync” Im sorry looking at said resume I would not see that as good voice acting material.

They also bring in Mandy Moore to play Aerith? Jesus Christ! Again another talentless pop singer who poses as an actor making such an attempt who cannot sing and cannot act to save her life. Why her? I mean god damnit, this person portraying the sweet and innocent flower girl from the slums, which is connected to the “Ancients”, yeah perfect choice there. *big time sarcasm*

If you wanted a singer, god you could have brought in Seth Macfarlane as he can actually sing ten times better then both Lance Bass and Mandy Moore combined! If you listen to the Family Guy Live in Las Vegas you can see what I mean, as he sings so well with actual melody with four different voices that he portrays.

Or why not just cast Johnny Depp and they can call it gold, yeesh they seem to with everything else. *rolls eyes*(Heh I love taking risks with my opinions :D )

Again in my book the only good voice actor on that cast was James Woods, he rules, and the only one on key, you rock Woods!

Now the story. *trembles and shutters* It is certainly a mixture, because it starts out with an element that you know from Square, but you also see that all so common Disney theme of the one person being separated from a assortment of “family” and has to go at it to find them. I have been though noticing the lack of quality in story with SquareEnix games, Final Fantasy X/X-2 was great proof of that.

Basically all you do going from world to world in that…”ship” to just fix it and find another piece here and there. In the worlds there is nothing that brings any depth to the already bland story that’s going on. You have a hoping moment when you get to the world with Hercules, once you see the red cape, big sword and that spiky yellow haired tweaker having more sever emotional issues that brings all those whiny suburban emo kids to shame to their fake problems with his being you know…more real then theirs!

Yet again, Clouds character seems bout right, still though he seems a bit played down then he is. He goes in and isn’t his as we last seen him his heroic self, a kid shows him up somehow!! Along with two characters who seem about as brain dead as a rock. Cloud going up against Cerberus the Three Headed Dog which guards the Gates of Hell smacks him down. Riiiight, this is the guy who fought more terrifying beasts and gone through them all to continue fighting, his die hard attitude seemed to of been removed for some kid who seemed to rip the spirit right out of poor Cloud.

Really the story doesn’t even pick up; it’s still on its flat direct course into further boredom and repetitive nonsense. With the story its easy to follow nothing that’s hard to follow, that being the Disney aspect to appeal to the children.

Lets see now hmmm what else could there be? Right, graphics next. Being its Square they generally have nice graphics, its their thing they have gotten it down…buuut with this game it was left empty and just brightness, which made it hard on the eyes. All except those who are always ooo and aww in bright flashy colors and get hypnotized by it. The details of the levels were just plain as already put.

As brought up very, very poorly by “bebong” of the graphics being apparently “smoothest” for PS2, which I’m sorry I just don’t agree with. In this game I wouldn’t say smoothest, I would say nice, just not so far. I could easily say games like Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 had much better detail and care put into it, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2/Defiance, Tekken 5, Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Juborou.

Music was annoying repetitive garbage that just made me cringe and that’s all I have to say on that point.

The gameplay was plain also, there was no strategy required in this game what so ever. It was easy hack and slash, with the bosses it required little to no effort. Which was disappointing it being Square after all, although I also noticed their games enemies getting easy in Final Fantasy VIII, skip IX and into X. The battle system really was nothing special, because it was like playing Dynasty Warriors 4 just with out a cool sword in hand, just a wimpy key.

I never found any use for the apparent “Summons” they did have in the game, I would but just kind of would shrug at it and continue bashing things again because that’s all it needed. I honestly though you’d have more control and I had hoped to go I could of removed Donald Duck and Goofy from my team…sadly…I could not and was stuck with brain dead teammates that couldn’t help worth their lives.

Leveling up, hm well that too required barely any effort in my opinion because it was just so easy to do it. In my book not a lot of leveling up was really needed being the simplicity of the battle and enemies.

Onto the characters now! In all honesty this end of it really doesn’t help, because for Square they have freaking Wakka, the phrase Fozzy the Bear always said after a lame joke or something else. The Muppet invaded. But that one name does not out rule what is wrong with the others. Im sorry but how can you take a game seriously when you have a character a dumb dog looking thing named “Goofy” in your party running around? You also have a pissant annoying character like Donald Duck running with you, and you well…you just want to go GTA on him and beat the bejesus out of him yourself. I tried….the game wouldn’t let me…*sighs*

In reality of it, the iconic gaming world, the characters of Final Fantasy should in no way be put together with Disney. We have played as the characters, come to a closer bond with them, seen their back stories and gone through their development. They have a real depth a more 3Dimension feel instead of just being 1Dimensional typical hero types like Disney. With the reputation made by the Role Playing Characters its really a disgrace that they are put up next to such Disney characters as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, and the list of course continues.

Thing is, I knew this game would be dreck and plague the role playing world. But you know what, I did give it a chance, I did. As did my brother, but he couldn’t get stomach it and couldn’t get himself to go through the Slummy looking area. Yet I managed to convince and get him to play Zelda Wind Waker and he enjoyed the crap out of that. I gave the game a try and I didn’t pay for it my brother borrowed it from a friend and somehow I feel I have been cheated of my life for spending the actual time to play it. I feel so dirty actually playing this. This is true fact and sign that its only going to be Dark Times for more role playing games.

Been a gamer since I was five, starting out on Nintendo Entertainment System and been playing since then. In my time of being a gamer, this was one that when I took one look at I knew I would hate, and loath playing it knew it was just going to be the lowest form of games.

Here is my closing to this, a bit from Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope, Just Turned around.

Ben: I was once an RPG’er the same as your father. For ten years the rpg’ers protected the integrity of the old Squaresoft, before the dark times…before the SquareEnix.

I could do more but I just want to wrap this up. Remember, you asked for it! ^_^

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Well, well, it looks as though you enjoyed that rant a little bit. ^_^

Your points:

1. Voice Actors
My Reaction: Neutral. See first revelation about myself in my "25/50 things" post to see why. ;)

2. Story
My Reaction: Neutral. The selling point of this game was to take the gamer through the various familiar Disney worlds, I had enough fun in that respect that I didn't mind the lack of plot. In a game where so many elements from various Disney stories had to be taken in consideration ( as far as relating to the story ) I expected the plot to be a little on the light side. I thought they did well, everything considered, but I see what you mean. They didn't develop the main storyline enough.

3. Cloud
My Reaction: Negative. Have to agree with you there. They didn't do a good job of representing him well in the story, although I found it cool when Cloud walked by, with a glance, to the kid (the viewer), and it was fun watching him move around in the Coliseum. Still, I see what you mean, for one of the most memorable Final Fantasy characters ever, he deserved better than what he got.

4. Graphics
My Reaction: Positive. I've gotta disagree with you here. No, it wasn't the smoothest on PS2 like bebong said, but as far as the Disney worlds went, I was still impressed. They captured the essence of every world in the game with a lot of enthusiasum it seemed to me. It's what helped me enjoy the game the most, I felt like I was there within each world.

5. Music
My Reaction: Neutral. No need to explain why.

6. Gameplay
My Reaction: Negative. I agree with you here completely. It was very, very awkward, and the summoning was for the most part redundant (and when you HAD to use it, it was annoying.) However, it wasn't impossible and I was still able to enjoy the game. I WILL say, however, that I probably wouldn't look forward to that aspect of the game again if I ever replayed it again, so that ruins its replay value, yeah.

7. Characters
My Reaction: Positive. I think it was a good crew but I did use to be a big Disney fan, so I'm probably biased. I already liked Goofy and Donald Duck. But the problem was the gameplay, as you said.

In all I think I understand why you didn't like the game, I guess.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight said:
Well, well, it looks as though you enjoyed that rant a little bit. ^_^

Your points:

1. Voice Actors
My Reaction: Neutral. See first revelation about myself in my "25/50 things" post to see why. ;)

2. Story
My Reaction: Neutral. The selling point of this game was to take the gamer through the various familiar Disney worlds, I had enough fun in that respect that I didn't mind the lack of plot. In a game where so many elements from various Disney stories had to be taken in consideration ( as far as relating to the story ) I expected the plot to be a little on the light side. I thought they did well, everything considered, but I see what you mean. They didn't develop the main storyline enough.

3. Cloud
My Reaction: Negative. Have to agree with you there. They didn't do a good job of representing him well in the story, although I found it cool when Cloud walked by, with a glance, to the kid (the viewer), and it was fun watching him move around in the Coliseum. Still, I see what you mean, for one of the most memorable Final Fantasy characters ever, he deserved better than what he got.

4. Graphics
My Reaction: Positive. I've gotta disagree with you here. No, it wasn't the smoothest on PS2 like bebong said, but as far as the Disney worlds went, I was still impressed. They captured the essence of every world in the game with a lot of enthusiasum it seemed to me. It's what helped me enjoy the game the most, I felt like I was there within each world.

5. Music
My Reaction: Neutral. No need to explain why.

6. Gameplay
My Reaction: Negative. I agree with you here completely. It was very, very awkward, and the summoning was for the most part redundant (and when you HAD to use it, it was annoying.) However, it wasn't impossible and I was still able to enjoy the game. I WILL say, however, that I probably wouldn't look forward to that aspect of the game again if I ever replayed it again, so that ruins its replay value, yeah.

7. Characters
My Reaction: Positive. I think it was a good crew but I did use to be a big Disney fan, so I'm probably biased. I already liked Goofy and Donald Duck. But the problem was the gameplay, as you said.

In all I think I understand why you didn't like the game, I guess.
By far thee most intelligent response I have ever recieved from another on the net, general forumer's usualy well yeah look at NarutoFan and thats proof enough. Especially on this topic.

Yeah I saw what you put down for your 25 or 50, and well all I can say, you're spared much pain and agony from the sound of the game and the certain actors. :P

I guess understanding having a fanbase still for Disney...but ugh. The way I look at it, is that in all honesty that Disney has already ruined what would of been a promising game, they took a game called "Sea Dogs 2" or what it would of been called, they took it and destroyed what was going to be in the game, my friend was really looking forward to it. They then took it and called it "Pirates of the Carribean" he was very dissapointed and I had seen what he ment by the content taken out. So in my book they should have nothing to do with the world of games, just stay away and continue mass producing your mind numbing cartoons for the misguided youth of America XD

But you do have your views I have mine and we see eye to eye with some of them and thats as much more I'll say. Dont worry, if you really do or dont understand my hating the game its cool, my brother and I and two friends of mine seem to be pretty alone about our feelings towards this game.

**Add**

Yes, yes I enjoyed this long rant I felt I finally got out to a good group of people my feelings towards this game, thanks for the opportunity as I figured I should to the best I could thoroughly explain my reasoning. :smile-big

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

@ shinraiden:

03 . Spent several years in Japan, mainly in the boonies and tambo's.
04 . Learned Japanese mainly through serious study and roujin kaiwa
Sounds like you fit in around here :amuse

13 . Saw Pope John Paul II and Tom Brokaw in Jerusalem during the Jubilee 2000, visited with PM-pro tem Ehud Olmert as well. He's a tough cookie.
You sound well-travelled... any reason for that?

22 . Hand-built all four of my pc's; 3 servers and one workstation. Oldest is a 486dx266 Netware 3.11 server pushing SCSI-2 brick drives on an active backplane, two gentoo data servers, and a dual-monitor WinXP workstation that has been virus and spyware free since installation over a year and a half ago. It can be done, and online too.
Multi-talented, eh? :wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ walkie:

2. from turkey
Didn't expect that - cool. Where are you at now, if you don't mind my asking?

9. have a part-time job about on football (soccer) data analysis
Heh, I used to do data analysis myself on football (American) for a website. Different sports, but I'm guessing it's a bit similar. Did you ever play soccer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ overjojojojo:

14. its lookin that im going for a job as network specialist
Nice, why's that?

21. im generally friendly despite the fact my friends tell me i look mean/scary
Oh yeah? XD

@ TheMexicanKingVII

50. I'm a pathological liar 40% of the time.
...this is why I'm unsure as to what to ask you about :p

@ Raine_Joybringer

1. My name is Alexandra, but I like to just be called Alex (I was named Alexandra before the name craze of it in 1988).
Heya Alexandra ^_^

4. I'm Australian.
Ah? Was wondering if we had one around here, that's one country I would definitely live at if I were ever to leave America for any reason.

14. I have a fursona; a squirrel called RJ, who for some reason, people actually like.
Neat!

b) cosplay as Sakura, after the timeskip.
Hopefully you'll post pictures :wtf

@ Amatheon

4. I am Irish, Italian, French-Canadian, Swedish, Norwegian, and Lithuanian.
Woah. Majorly cool.

5. I have Crohn's disease.
Crohn's disease - ow. I'm guessing you have to watch your diet closely then?

26. I was an admin at a small forum two years ago. I uploaded lots of emoticons. X3
Nothing wrong with that XD

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Gold Knight said:
Hopefully you'll post pictures :wtf
I'll make sure to. X3 Gotta make it first though.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Are you going to use a pink wig or dye your hair pink? I had another friend who cosplayed as Sakura, but she didn't dye her hair at all, or wear a wig. Still did an amazing job anyway.

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Hm, I'm still deciding on that. I may dye my hair pink, because wigs annoy me so much, and they always seem to be that bright fluro pink. Nothing like Sakura's bubblegum colour.

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

@gold knight

Didn't expect that - cool. Where are you at now, if you don't mind my asking?
i am still in turkey, i go to university at istanbul ( constantinapolis other name, although we turkish do not use that name some people using that name supposely i think, anyway)...if i get a job, i will live in here because i love that city...this the only city which is on both continents, Europe and Asia, i guess...half of the city is on asia and the other half is on europe, sea is in the middle :) and we use ships very often as public transport :amuse

Heh, I used to do data analysis myself on football (American) for a website. Different sports, but I'm guessing it's a bit similar. Did you ever play soccer?
i guess job's are a bit similar, too...i used to play very much until university.at university i started to play volleyball a lot...

10. I've lived in five states in the United States
thats quite a lot i guess...why?? because of job or your fathers job or smthng like that??so in which state are you now?? i went to usa, florida..miami looks like a nice place but it was weird for me because i thought florida is an american state not spanish or latin state :D almost everybody speaks spanish in florida....and i must say i was in New York for only 2 days but i liked new york too...me and my friends drive all the way with car from niagara, NY to valdosta, GA..it was fuuunn :)

@ Raine_Joybringer

I'll make sure to. X3 Gotta make it first though.
i also want to see that photo, too...now there are 2 fans for your photo ;)

17. When I go to university this year, I'll be doing a Bachelor of Multimedia.
i am studying engineering now, if i was not, i would definetly go to multimedia...but it is too late now and also i am happy with my study :)