3rd picture ever coloured.. hope you see some potential? :) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

3rd picture ever coloured.. hope you see some potential? :)

donkeyhigh

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway
http://www.ktv.no/~jra-ktv/Sasuke_VS_Naruto_2.jpg

Took the two Sasuke and Naruto closeups and put together..
Used more time on the Sasuke-part than Naruto-part..
On Sasuke I replaced his eyes with MS, thought it was kinda cool :p ..and expant his left shoulder (right on the picture), as it wasn't finished..
On Naruto I had to expand his hair, as it suddenly stopped because of the original picture he was kinda, not finished.. :p same as with Sasuke's shoulder..

Added a few leafes between them, err, other than that, it's all original art by Kishimoto :) I only colored stuff.. :) :p

Keep in mind, this is only the 3rd time I've tried to color pictures.. I'll be more patient next time :) Make it better.. :)

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's great. However for some odd reason I feel as if the shading on sasuke is kinda of... wrong somewhat. Not saying you're bad... your pretty much a lot better than me, but still. I don't really know what it is exactly. And his eyes aren't MS :S Other than that Great work, and keep it up. And yes.. this is pretty awesome for a third time.

donkeyhigh

Reaction score
Country
Norway
*still laughing over your signature* tjihihihi :)

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
why dont you join up with zarosaki? you seem on your way there

donkeyhigh

Reaction score
Country
Norway
aren't they kinda über-pro? :p :)

maby I'll ask, later, when I get better :)
I'm gonna perfect everything I know about cell-shading and normal coloring first, then I'm going to go all in for Soft-shading :)
no matter how long it takes, I'm gonna become a pro at soft-shading :)

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Not bad pjoto, I like the Kakashi MS Sharingan Look on Sasuke!

Kusachu

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's now my laptop's background XD like it! I XD And Sasuke's eyes!!! They look awesome! XD I love how they are still very dark, so at a glance it looks like they are his natural eyes, and then when you look deeper you see it. XD Great job for a third time!!

Sin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Very nice. Only have one issue that I dont think anyone has mentioned. The shadows are a bit off. You have Sasuke's facial shadows coming from an upper-right light source, and his neck has shadows coming from a different direction. Everything else is great though. Keep up the good work

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sin said:
Very nice. Only have one issue that I dont think anyone has mentioned. The shadows are a bit off. You have Sasuke's facial shadows coming from an upper-right light source, and his neck has shadows coming from a different direction. Everything else is great though. Keep up the good work
Yup that's it. Thanks a lot Sin! If you fix that, then it would be pretty much good. And I do think that you can join the Zorusaki if you can color a whole chapter like this way.
pjoto said:
*still laughing over your signature* tjihihihi :)
Well thx :P

donkeyhigh

Reaction score
Country
Norway
:)

I'll try coloring a whole chapter later :)

For now, I just tried to fix the shadow-thingy :)

http://www.ktv.no/~jra-ktv/Sasuke_VS_Naruto_5.jpg

Hope it got better now :)[br]Posted on: June 05, 2006, 12:02:38 PM_________________________________________________
Kusachu said:
It's now my laptop's background XD like it! I XD And Sasuke's eyes!!! They look awesome! XD I love how they are still very dark, so at a glance it looks like they are his natural eyes, and then when you look deeper you see it. XD Great job for a third time!!
thanks :) It's cool to know you actually have it on your desktop!
:) *cuddle*

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, can confidently say you have pots of potential mate! Keep working hard (as Naruto would say!). I think it looks very smooth and very neat. Sasuke's skin tone needs re-working and yeah, the shading needs to be more sublte but that sort of thing comes iwth plenty of practise and being observant (ie. copying what the pros do!) Haha!! I'm really looking forward to seeing more from you in future - do please keep submitting!