400 p17, and some of my other panels | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

400 p17, and some of my other panels

sam034

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Looking at these colours you can definitely see that I'm not even anywhere near being an amateur :D

But I love the manga, and even though my colouring skills are dreadful, I like to do it.

The software I'm using is "Microsoft Picture it '99" :p, and occaisonally Artrage with my tablet. I'll probably switch to Photosoup cs3 soon, because "Ms Picture it '99" is really not meant for this kind of work and doesn't utilise my pc's power.

So I definitely like to colour, but I suck at it and don't use the right tools (software). Regardless any comments are welcome :)

G'day

Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
nice pics!
you definetly have the right colors and the right lightining and shading
so i'm eager to see what you can do with photoshop :)

killbill

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
very nice..switching to photoshop will definately turn ur panels into pure awesomeness..=)

AndreCnJ

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
it's your first image?

Shoko86

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at these colours you can definitely see that I'm not even anywhere near being an amateur

But I love the manga, and even though my colouring skills are dreadful, I like to do it.

The software I'm using is "Microsoft Picture it '99" , and occaisonally Artrage with my tablet. I'll probably switch to Photosoup cs3 soon, because "Ms Picture it '99" is really not meant for this kind of work and doesn't utilise my pc's power.

So I definitely like to colour, but I suck at it and don't use the right tools (software). Regardless any comments are welcome

G'day
Sorry, not gonna bite my tongue here... but do you know how to use the word amateur? And it's Photoshop not photosoup. Using PS alone is not gonna make your colorings look any better. Don't blame a software for your lack of experience. It's something that requires practice and skills. If you keep coloring you'll improve eventually. Good luck.

Last edited:

Giilshark

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I advise you look at other images, to train the definition of the shadows, and practice a lot.

sam034

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the comments you guys, much appreciated. :)

Yes AndreCnj, the ch 400 p17 is my first colouring. The rest of them were done after that, but lack the time I put into the first one.

Sorry, not gonna bite my tongue here... but do you know how to use the word amateur? And it's Photoshop not photosoup. Using PS alone is not gonna make your colorings look any better. Don't blame a software for your lack of experience. It's something that requires practice and skills. If you keep coloring you'll improve eventually. Good luck.
Yes, I know how to use the word "amateur". I'm not talking about real proffesionals artists and amateurs rather about the people who colour manga's. And among them I'm not even anywhere near being an amateur.

And yes I know it's Photoshop, I merely used photosoup because nowadays photoshop is seen as a magic tool which can turn any woman into a model and any painting into a work of art. And I was slightly mocking this point of view and undermining the "magic" of it.

And photoshop probably is going to improve my work, because the software I'm currently using is inadequate and inhibiting in a lot of ways. For example you wouldn't be able to do your (beautiful, if I might add :)) "Ch 431 p4" in ms paint, well you might but it would take you ten times longer and it wouldn't look that good. So the tools one uses do matter.

I do realise that my work is bad, and I do need a lot of practice, thanks for the comment :)

Last edited:

uchiha-texugo

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not bad, but paint a lineart on the next

- aMt -

Artist
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Really is not the best I have ever seen.

But continue to post here, many began with images worse than those, and today are fine artists.

studiokid

Reaction score
Country
England
LOL can't complain about it cuz it looks a lot better than my first, but with some practice your gonna get better, so right now just focus on lighting and shadows, maybe you'll get to the point you can give Shoko some advice XD.

Shoko86

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I know how to use the word "amateur". I'm not talking about real proffesionals artists and amateurs rather about the people who colour manga's. And among them I'm not even anywhere near being an amateur.

And yes I know it's Photoshop, I merely used photosoup because nowadays photoshop is seen as a magic tool which can turn any woman into a model and any painting into a work of art. And I was slightly mocking this point of view and undermining the "magic" of it.

And photoshop probably is going to improve my work, because the software I'm currently using is inadequate and inhibiting in a lot of ways. For example you wouldn't be able to do your (beautiful, if I might add :)) "Ch 431 p4" in ms paint, well you might but it would take you ten times longer and it wouldn't look that good. So the tools one uses do matter.

I do realise that my work is bad, and I do need a lot practice, thanks for the comment.

Oh! You meant "amateur" as in that way. Sorry I must have misinterpreted as in you meant you are not around the amateur level but above it. :darn

Haha, and I get the Photosoup thing now. :tem

Nah, don't rely on a software to help you improve. Focus on improving your skills, and you can go way future than any software could help you. :amuse

Hope to see more colorings from you. :D

VASSiLi

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I agree with Uchiha-Texugo