500. Strawberry, The Death Itself (A Fanfic by Gigantor21) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

500. Strawberry, The Death Itself (A Fanfic by Gigantor21)

gigantor21

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
(Jesus Christ...where's all the Bleach stuff around here? This is depressing. Anyway...)
------------------------------------

SFX: BOOM!

(The chapter opens up with the doors to the throne room being destroyed by a massive explosion. As the dust settles, we see Ichigo (in Bankai with the mask on) standing inside the doorway. He looks up to see Aizen sitting in the throne itself, smiling peacefully; the Spirit King lies at the foot of the steps leading up to it, which are covered with his blood.

The chapter’s cover is a double page spread of Ichigo looking back up at Aizen, while the full enormity of the throne room fills the rest of the space.)

500. Strawberry, The Death Itself

Aizen: Ah…Kurosaki. It seems that you have come a bit too late.

Ichigo: Apparently.

(Ichigo looks back down at the king, then disappears in a flash, reappearing right next to him. The King looks up at him wearily, his eyes already darkening.)

King: B…boy…

Ichigo: (softly) It’s alright. We’ll have you healed up in no time. (Turns his head to doorway) Inoue!

(Orihime enters through the hole in the doorway, then looks down in horror at the bloodied King.)

Orihime: Oh my god…your majesty?

(As she runs towards them, Ichigo places one hand on the King’s back. The signature black energy flows out of Ichigo into the King, forcing different energy out of his wounds. Aizen looks down with interest, still smiling.

Ichigo turns to Orihime, who’s now standing behind him.)

Ichigo: Please, Inoue…take care of him.

Orihime: Yes.

(Ichigo stands, looking back up at Aizen.)

Aizen: Interesting…you can manipulate Hollow reiatsu even when it’s mixed with others? You have grown quite a bit since we last met, Kurosaki.

(Aizen stands.)

Aizen: The potential of the hybrids is truly frightening. They can reach heights that no Hollow or Shinigami could fathom, explore things beyond human comprehension…truly, the Shinigami is nothing more than a relic. Don’t you agree?

(Ichigo says nothing. Aizen lets out a sigh.)

Aizen: Of course not. A mere mercenary could never see beyond his blade, no matter how strong he may be. But that is exactly why I have come here—to fight such mindlessness. I do not want to see such power wasted on the dying ways of the past, if it will destroy our future.

(Aizen’s smile suddenly fades.)

Aizen: Because of this stupid old fool, we were always vulnerable! We were always weak! Had the Vastorodes assembled on Earth, we would've been powerless! All because of useless laws forbidding the very power that could fix everything!

This is the only way! No one else can lead us in the right direction but ME! I will cast away those worthless traditions and give us the strength we need—the strength we deserve! And I’ll be DAMNED if some snot-nosed brat with a mask and a chip on his shoulder will stop me!!

(A pause. Ichigo and Aizen glare at each other. Then, Ichigo sighs.)

Ichigo: You…really are hopeless, you know that?

(Ichigo points Tensa Zangetsu at a livid Aizen.)

Ichigo: You think you’re gonna "save" everyone!? Look at how many people have died because of your little power-trip! They kicked out the Vaizards because they didn’t want one of them to end up like YOU!

Aizen: SILENCE! Who do you think you’re talking to, brat!?

(Aizen places his hand on his forehead, materializing an elegantly simple Hollow mask, and draws Kyoka Suigetsu.)

Aizen: I AM YOUR KING!!!

(Ichigo puts the mask back on and lunges at Aizen, and the clash of their swords causes a massive explosion. With that, the chapter ends.)
---------------------

Well, what did you guys think? This was my first fanfic, so please be gentle.

Last edited:

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
uumm.......
it was cool :jbya
but a bit too serious.......
anyways I'd read a couple more chapters :p

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, Mugen!

I was worried that the dialouge would seem too melodramatic, mostly because I have a tin ear (thanks to the fact that I mostly read comics and manga). I'm just glad that you liked it.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
yeah so are you gonna write more :blink

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to, sure. I set it up with a chapter number because I was planning on doing a series. I don't know when I'll have time to do the next one, though.

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
well you can take your time...
anyways you really think Aizen wants to kill the king over that?

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States
well you can take your time...
anyways you really think Aizen wants to kill the king over that?
Nah, I just made that up in order to make it more writable. We don't really know much about his intentions, so I had to flesh it out somehow.

dedal_x

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
A little too crazy, but I liked it. Good job. ^__^

Boogymanx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
While Aizen's motives don't seem correct, it's impossible to actually find out his motives right now and you took a fairly simple one of the possible ones. Anyway, I enjoyed it, it was a nice read and it was actually fairly plausible. I hope you do write more, even if it isn't Bleach-related.

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, you guys.

And you're right, Boogeymanx--I haven't got a clue as to why Aizen is doing this. But while it might be loftier than what I decided to run with, I don't think it's much more elaborate. It just feels like it is because he's probably the strongest character in Bleach right now.

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States
^Thanks a bunch.

UPDATE: To be honest, I'm not really sure where to take the story with 501...I may very well work backwards, instead, in order to flesh out the path to this point and address what happened to everyone else. I did start in what seems to be the end of the last arc, after all.

So basically, the next entry's status is up in the air. I wouldn't expect it too soon (on the off chance that you were).

Last edited:

RealShinobi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was interesting, but some of the stuff Aizen said didnt fit his character in my opinion.
I also expect a bit more dialogue for a chapter.
Nice job though.

gigantor21

Reaction score
Country
United States
^ That's not all that surprising, since I made a lot of it up off the top of my head. No one knows what's really motivating him to kill the King right now, so I just had to go with something. It seemed like just as valid a reason as any.

And thanks

ShinobiWrath

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That was very well executed. Though I was a bit thrown off on Aizen's part, I think it's possible the thought of being a Living God may have gotten to his head and started his ego to boost in ways we've only yet to imagine. I enjoyed it and I do hope to see more from you.

HikaruYami

Reaction score
Country
United States
He killed the King...? EH?! AIZEN KILLED ICHIGO'S DAD?! (juuuust kidding (probably))

That was pretty well written, and you don't need me here telling you things you've already heard from everyone else in this topic ("zomg motiv is rongu!")