The toybox | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The toybox

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So Brandy, I've noticed you mainly watch comedy/romance/slice-of-life stuff? How come you're not touching any adventure or action shows this season?
I do have that habit lol. A good chunk of anime I watch falls into that category. I like action and adventure as well and will watch good ones (any genre that applies tbh). I still can't figure why I gravitate to that slice of life/romance/rom-com anime, since I avoid that with movies. Perhaps it's the Japanese way that works xD They (rom-coms) fail quite a bit too. I've dropped a lot of them, manga as well.

Oh I did start with Golden Kamuy. The story and characters were promising enough. The CGI is a bit of a meme, and was bad imo. Then again Piano no Mori has a bit of that too and I'm still watching that. For Kamuy I thought about trying the manga somewhere down the line. I'm behind with Megalo too.

I did drop Franxx too, but I'm going to do the manga. How are you liking that anime?

And how are you doing?
Ok did the two episodes, and I like it. Going to do Hinamatsuri. Good suggestion. :cheerbunny
Did you continue? I think most people are watching this xD

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I only made it to episode 4. Then got caught up with mg. Will be sure to start back.

Anzu is my favorite!!!!

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I can't wait to vote for Erza.

Erza oneshots
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So.. how is Erza doing?

I am looking forward to Laxus spinoff. Are you too?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So.. how is Erza doing?

I am looking forward to Laxus spinoff. Are you too?
You mean the new one right? Yea for sure.

I can't tell whether the ad I seen in the threads recently is referring to Raigo Issen.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Weekend looks good. Rec me a manga I can start, Jarred!

syx is ready!

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Weekend looks good. Rec me a manga I can start, Jarred!

syx is ready!

What about Umineko??

A Trail of Blood is quicker to read, you'll probably catch up in a few hours. It's a psychological thriller/drama

To You, The Immortal. << you know about this one, from Koe no Katachi's author. You'll probably want to, or going to read that eventually.

Those 2 I have no problem recommending. The rest I read may not be applicable (excluding the ones you read).

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Bran, here's the lyrics a long time ago I said I'd translate for you (since you saw it in my thread title and got curious about it):
What comes to be happiness?
Every explanation loses its value.
It's so pure and simple that it's true
When someone says that it invaded
The frontiers of love.

And without noticing, they take with them
An open peacok tail.
That it's like an open card deck
Over the table
Like a turquoise blue fan
Ventilating the heart.

Why is everything so different?
The jealousy and the pain,
The love and the passion,
But happiness is everything together.
All the time in a single second
I wouldn't be able to explain it
Not even if the flower would come before the bud.

This powerful feeling
Is a state, is a capital, is a whole country.
And what's more wonderful about it
Is to find out that the whole time
It was right in front of your nose.

And all the path we followed
Led us to be restrained
When everything is an explosion.
Because happines is a dense river
And it needs silence
To talk to the heart.

Sorry if I was too literal and it lost a bit of its sense xD And sorry for taking too long o/

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yo, what's up?

I finished the first 5 chapters of Fumetsu no Anata e and it looks quite promising so far. Already fell in love with March and Parona. <3 Too bad the boy at the beginning died, I thought this would be a journey with him and It/Fushi. :lmao Really curious about how the story will unfold and how It/Fushi will develop.

Some pages:
So cute :wtf

This was great. :zomg

Parona <3

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Jarred... you are so cruel bro... how can you recommend me something like this... I thought I was prepared for the feels... god, I was so wrong...

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm currently at chapter #15 and it's very interesting to follow Fushi on "his" adventures.

It was a surprise to see that other beings apart from Fushi exist as well in this world. I don't know where the author intends to head with his story.

Fushi's short one-liners are hilarious. :lmao

And this literally calls for drama...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Happy birthday my partner in crime! :confetti :kukuku

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
Sees that syx is watching all of RWBY...

Then sees that syx is taking recs for new manga and starts reading...

Burn him @Purity of Magi
Hm? Is this even a surprise? I mean.....

I trust syx will finish Umineko in 2018, as was promised :nod JoJo is a great series, so he has my permission :lambirb
You gave him the permission to watch JoJo also, so I won't be surprised if you gave him the permission to watch RWBY or take new recommendation as well. Of course that definitely doesn't have to be the case, right?

Of course you also trust in him to finish it in 2018, as this is was promised to you. If I am not wrong, Syx-kun always stays on his promises, right? Even if he comes with the most lowest attempt of an excuses to postpone such a great serie like Umineko. Mataku.

But yeah, it's Syx-kun after all. So it's gonna be gucci, no? Or so it is promised, no? Oh well~

But of course if that's not gonna be the case as you stated...
If he breaks his promise though... :SOON
That seems like a quite interesting scenario if that will happen tho. Definitely looking forward to that fragment ~

Anyway on a more important note................

Hey there, Randi-kun

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

How are you @syx ?
It changes on a daily basis, but overall I can't complain at all. Work often taxes my nerves, especially people who are only about blocking everything if one tiny detail doesn't fit their liking, and complain how shit everything and all is for 30-60 minutes while I'm like this:

They are all nice people on a personal level, but when it comes to work, some people just want to make you suffer unnecessarily. Can't help it. :lmao

I also look forward to the next few weeks as I'll have much more free time. :zomg Probably will catch up with To You The Immortal this month. I'm currently at chapter 25. And I want to parachute and intend to do it soon. =) So, I can x out one thing in my life goals list (or I die trying, lel). :kukuku

Your turn! :wtf

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I do have that habit lol. A good chunk of anime I watch falls into that category. I like action and adventure as well and will watch good ones (any genre that applies tbh). I still can't figure why I gravitate to that slice of life/romance/rom-com anime, since I avoid that with movies. Perhaps it's the Japanese way that works xD They (rom-coms) fail quite a bit too. I've dropped a lot of them, manga as well.

Oh I did start with Golden Kamuy. The story and characters were promising enough. The CGI is a bit of a meme, and was bad imo. Then again Piano no Mori has a bit of that too and I'm still watching that. For Kamuy I thought about trying the manga somewhere down the line. I'm behind with Megalo too.

I did drop Franxx too, but I'm going to do the manga. How are you liking that anime?

And how are you doing?
I feel ashamed that I forgot your post for so long... but today I remembered :(

Well I think the japanese way really is different compared to most western movies. And animation in general is different. I mean just look at your MAL avatar :heh
But I know where you're coming from, I think it has this certain appeal that it's usually not solely made for females, often even aiming for men as well, so you get a less corny story that throws in some (mild) fanservice and a good number of laughs. Contrary to that, western romance films feel sort of samey, focusing too much on the romance aspect (to the point it becomes cringy/annoying).

Golden Kamuy... well I thought the anime was okay, definitely far from bad, but it didn't manage to make me feel fascinated with the world or chracters. It's one of those cases where I think the story and charas are actually good, but it's just not really my thing. Megalo was a mixed bag for me as well, didn't really pull me in completely either and the last two or three eps were pretty meh in my eyes. It had this oldschool charm, though.

Franxx, oh boy. I actually enjoyed the first half quite a bit. I was one of the supporters, until the second half happened. Rarely have I seen an anime/manga go downhill so quickly, completely destroying itself. Not sure if you ever picked it up again, but I wouldn't recommend it lol.

I'm doing pretty fine, that Japan vacation was great and refreshing. Work's also going really well, can't complain at all. And I'm enjoying an "old" game currently, Final Fantasy VII :XD
How about you, how are you doing?