Seinen - A Fairytale for the Demon Lord by Kim Yong Hwan | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen A Fairytale for the Demon Lord by Kim Yong Hwan

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A Fairytale for the Demon Lord

Demographics: Seongin (Seinen)
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi
Publishing Status: Ongoing
Writer: Kim Yong-Hwan
Artist: Kim Yong-Hwan
On MH: A Fairytale for the Demon Lord
Groups Editing: Easy Going Scans, A Duck's Paradise
Mangaupdates

About the Story

There once was a princess who fell for a curse. Countless times have a knight come in vain attempts to save the poor princess. They all failed, killed by a demon. When a knight finally comes to defeat the demon, there appears an adventure never before predicted...

Personal Note

I luckily picked up this project by egscans. This manhwa have a different and unique air about it. The plot...knights,Norse myths meets scifi may be the correct way to describe it. I am expecting a lot from this series.

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: [Webtoon] A Fairytale for the Demon Lord by Kim Yong-Hwan

Hmm, okay. I've checked the first seven chapters, with prologue included. :)

How should I say it... I agree that it has a different aura with it. There were some jokes, but somehow I feel like the overall atmosphere of the series was just too dark that even the jokes didn't manage to make me laugh so much. Still, I ended up interested and read it until the latest chapter. I like how the readers are presented with some mysteries already from the beginning of the chapter. It seems like there is a reason for everything, even when the Demon Lord put a curse to the princess. There is just something about this series which made you feel curious and want to read more. XD

The artwork... I guess I could never stop feeling surprised looking at manhwa's artworks. XD This is my fourth manhwa, and I found the artwork different from other series. Again, 'dark' artwork. XD But the way the author made the world was in contrast with the princess, which made the overall reading dynamic, to me.

A question, though.
On chapter 6, one of that nameless knight's arm was cut, right? Then a new hand + a new sword just emerged from there? :O

I'll be looking forward for more chapters in the future. :D

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Yeah, the humor isn't the best aspect of this series so far. About the arm, yes his arm was cut but he grew it back. Being what he is, he is capable of regeneration. I wonder why Odin, wanted to have them both met each other. Looks to me he wants to harness the true potential in them. Felt more like an experiment, no?

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Yeah. I think that explains why there wasn't any data regarding that knight and the princess; Odin made them as experiments to avoid that whatever fate was coming to him. Then by making them meet and grow a relationship, perhaps the power in them would grow stronger.

I also wonder if the demon lord would still play another role later on. He was gone too fast. XD

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I think we will see more of him. "A Fairytale for the Demon Lord" no way its the end of him XD.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

started it, its very interesting. I thought it would be a cliche of saving teh princess, but its slightly different with twists and the plot seems dark
hope that chap and scannalations remain steady fast

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Chapter 7 is out by EG Scans~

There was not any plot advancement in this new chapter, except that heart-breaking news for our nameless knight at the end of the chapter. Mostly it was just a flashback. I think now I know what made this manhwa gloomy: the dark color surrounding the panels. If it had been white, probably it wouldn't be as gloomy as it is. XD

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Just what is that chapter 8? So brutal and full of blood. And I was dead confused about whether Liddel is a boy or a girl. XD
Anyway, the chapter somehow give a slight confirmation that this knight is another experiment and was given special codes. I wonder what it means, and why would he was made for. Protecting the princess seems to be the case, though I'm not really sure that is the only one. Hmm.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: A Fairytale for the Demon Lord by Kim Yong-Hwan

My 2 cent goes
Remember Odin had a reverie/vision that a demon with a sword came in and killed him?
I think thats our knight here, may be Odin wanted to use the princes to evade the Ragnarok(try norse myth if you dont know what i am talking abt) and doing that costs her life. The knight goes on rampage and becomes darth vaider(i am very sorry for the one who doesnt know abt him) and avenge the princess by killing odin at the end hence that vision. Foreseeing this Odin deleted their data and is trying to act wise by separating the knight and princess and ordering the knights to kill mr Hero here.
Unfortunately this might have quickened things up and triggered the mian to go into rampage mode what he should ahve gone through after the use of the princess not now.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Oh and if thats the case we will see a manga version of God of war in diff myth

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States

Chapter 10 of A Fariytale of the Demon Lord has been released from EG scans.
Check it from there.

---------- Post added October 03, 2011 at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was September 23, 2011 at 03:37 PM ----------

Chapters 11 & 12 have been released by Eg scans.

Check it out on their site.

So now things are getting a little confusing and interesting at the same time. I can't wait to see what is going on here.

---------- Post added October 06, 2011 at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was October 03, 2011 at 01:26 AM ----------

Chapter 13 is out from eg scans.

Wow talk about a mind trip. It seems our hero is a re creation of the god Odin?

I thought Odin was the old guy sitting on the throne.

---------- Post added October 12, 2011 at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was October 06, 2011 at 10:32 PM ----------

Chapters 14 and 15 are out from EG scans.

Well it seems that this series is a version of attack of the clones and a little bit of the wizard of OZ?

Where the clone which represents the scarecrow has received a heart. Its rather interesting because I'm wondering who I should cheer for. Should be support the nameless knight or Odin his god / original / boss.

---------- Post added October 21, 2011 at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was October 12, 2011 at 01:20 AM ----------

Looks like I missed a post here :shakefist

Eg scans has released chapters 18 - 19

The princess forgot the name of the no named knight and it seems Odin is there to make sure she does not remember him. :yelling That sneaky bas -- d.

---------- Post added October 27, 2011 at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was October 21, 2011 at 07:59 PM ----------

Chapter 20 and 21 are out from eg scans.
Things continue to get bizzare in this world. Its almost like he matrix concept in that you're being mind f-ed.

---------- Post added November 04, 2011 at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was October 27, 2011 at 10:21 PM ----------

Forgot to comment on the scans but currently, the scans are up to 24 - 25 from eg scans.

Have not read the new chapters yet. Will comment on it later.

---------- Post added November 12, 2011 at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was November 04, 2011 at 06:06 PM ----------

Chapters 26 and 27 are out from eg scans.
This is hard to understand a little? It looks like the demon lord that wanted the princess at the beginning of the series was in fact the nameless knight. What is going on here.

Anyone making heads or tails of this - please explain.

---------- Post added November 19, 2011 at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was November 12, 2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

Chapters 28, 29 and 30 are out from eg scans. Check it out on their site.

These three chapters explained the situation a lot better. I'm rooting for the demon lord. Hopefully he or the story will end up as he wishes. He pawned Odin already and changed his own fate. Can't wait to see how this turns about.

---------- Post added November 26, 2011 at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was November 19, 2011 at 03:22 PM ----------

Chapters 31 - 34 are out from eg scans. The series appears to be finished, and will have a prequel If I recall correctly.

So... I'm not sure entirely sure what happened with this story. It's been a mind fuck with figuring out who is who and what happened. Especially figuring who was telling this tale. It was not easy for me to follow. I'm a bit confused overall but I have a general idea at least. Anyway, Glad to have read this series! It's been enjoyable.

ErosVp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I'm confused as hell! It was a fate that Odin, the knight and the Demon Lord were being created forever because of the curse that was the princess? It seems the first Demon Lord lived everything the last one did, but the last knight was clever...

Or Odin created demon Lords to be a Hero, then grow old, created the princess to live eternally and some unknown Demon Lord Kidnapped the princess, then Odin created a clone of him to retrieve the princess?

And who was the badass manipulating everything from behind the scenes? The sage girl or the crow?