Predictions - Abilities of the sacred treasures! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Abilities of the sacred treasures!

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have absolutely no idea what Gideon or Aldan could possibly do. I mean, even basic Gideon moves are gigantic in nature, I don't really know if Nakaba can make it even any larger than that. Aldan... hm. Merlin's power is Absolute Cancel. What could you possibly do more than... uh... absolutely cancel anything? Reverse time and probability? Too broken. But not impossible.

Gowther's bow... hm. I don't know either. He already has like full domination over all things mind-related with his basic power. Any more than that... maybe make a figment of your imagination actually come to life for a limited amount of time? Some reality altering stuff?

Courehouse should greatly amplify Ban's Snatch ability in its basic form. In released state I hope its something comically absurd as well.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I have some ideas but it might make them too OP. Nakaba shows more and mroe than they are broken anyway so maybe they'll have similar abilities.
Courechouse: Steals Magic.
Gideon: Her Golems can replicate the magics of the original.
Herrit: His illusions can also inflict physical damages.

No idea for Aldan, we don't even know Merlin's Magic.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Sacred Treasure Release basically supplement the Sins main magic ability. As explained with Lostvayne, I imagine that they could all be used by one another, they just wouldn't be able to pull out each ones inherent property well enough.

Gideon: I think Gideon will allow Diane to change the properties of the Earth. Like, she can make it into steel or diamond.

Courechouse: I think Courechouse will extend the range and accuracy at which Ban can steal things.

Herrit: I'm not really sure as Herrit is already pretty hax in conjunction with Invasion. Maybe something to do with possession?

Aldan: As Demonspeed said, we don't even know Merlin's main magic ability.

Rhitta: Rhitta is linked to Escanor on a deeper level and can store his energy within itself. I imagine something cool will happen once it reaches a certain level of power. It makes me wonder what Rhitta was originally built for before Escanor came along.

Chastiefol: I think we're missing some information from Chastiefol, but for now it seems like it just allows him to pull power from the Sacred Tree using Disaster at it's fullest.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Thinking about it a little more, I am not sure Physical Clone is the Release equivalent. Meliodas never said this when he used Lostvayne, unlike King and Escanor. Rhitta's ability is Charge and Fire but he might have used it in conjunction with the Release. King however used Release but Chastiefol's ability has not been revealed.

So, if I am right, it would mean that STs give them two trump cards. Maybe the new mode Gowther used in the last chapter is its special ability(unlikely IMO).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not sure if "release" is the proper terminology here. It might apply to one or several treasures but by no means to all of them. I think the key here is that each sacred treasure will have a technique or ability which will supplement the sin. If we go by "abilities" or "techniques" then meliodas fits in better than he would if we think of "releases".

If we got by that the known abilities are the following:

1.- Lostvayne creates clones.
2.- King's release: Going by what gloxinia says this allows king to use the true power of the sacred tree.
3.- Escanor: Rhitta accumulates the power escanor releases during the day for later use.

We still don't know gideon, aldan, courehouse, or herrit.

I don't think courehouse will affect how much ban can steal from someone. For one thing, what limits ban in this regard is mostly his own physical capacity. Stealing more if he can't handle it doesn't do much... I was thinking that perhaps the best way for it to aid ban would be for it's sections to multiply and thus ban is able to steal from multiple targets at once.

I am not sure if blackout is herrit's ability...

I am not sure of what could complement diane's gideon... As far as theories go I think we should walk away from anything that suggest gideon directly controlling the earth. That is what diane does through her ability. Crackpot theory, gideon can change it's weight. It's a hammer which in fantasy theory makes it a good weapon for an earth user but perhaps it can be even more effective if it is able to change it's weight and thus allow diane even more power when using it to manipulate the earth. And of course, it makes it a better offensive weapon. Combine weight changing with a giant's ability to change their own bodies and perhaps even earth into other materials...

Aldan is a mystery to me.... Perhaps merlin being in it has something to do with it's ability? Maybe it can simply store stuff....

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
^ I was referring to the automatic tracking mode, Blackout is an Invasion technique.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
^ I was referring to the automatic tracking mode, Blackout is an Invasion technique.
Ah, good call. It would make sense that his ability is to use homing arrows with his ability. Is it me or is gowther's treasure too powerfull? I get the idea that any ability imbued into that many arrows would be overly hax. Well, there are a few exceptions but still.... Unless even if imbued with, say, lightning the arrows wouldn't cause physical damage.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok, time for an update on the thread. We go to see rhitta's ability and it packs quite a punch. If gloxinia hadn't been around to heal himself and dolor they would have been screwed altogether. The implication, as I understand it, is that the heat escanor generates during the day is basically wasted energy but through rhitta he is able to store it for later use as we just saw. It's weird to see a character who seems to waste so much power. Although for me the biggest question here is whether this is it for the power escanor can use or not.

Escanor showed an immense amount of power in the confrontation, taking out two commandments instantly is no small feat. But I question whether this really is that hax in the context of escanor. Escanor has shown a regular PL of at least 50k. At that point he was able to take galan's 40K worth of power with literally only a scratch. But the important part is what happened right after. Escanor' power was so overwhelming that galan, a seasoned battle loving warrior, was on the run. Galan, at 40k, faced oblivion. As powerful as rhita's ability seems to be, I get the impression escanor's day form packs a significantly greater punch than that. So the big question again, is that it regarding rhita's ability? For the ability to be truly terrifying it has to be more than just the store power we saw. There should be a big difference between escanor using the power under the circumstances we saw and the power he usually displays. Basically the true terrifying aspect of the technique should be that he is able to add the stored power to his own. So the next time we see the technique we might see what he used against dolor and gloxinia but with at least an extra 12k worth of power.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ah, good call. It would make sense that his ability is to use homing arrows with his ability. Is it me or is gowther's treasure too powerfull? I get the idea that any ability imbued into that many arrows would be overly hax. Well, there are a few exceptions but still.... Unless even if imbued with, say, lightning the arrows wouldn't cause physical damage.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok, time for an update on the thread. We go to see rhitta's ability and it packs quite a punch. If gloxinia hadn't been around to heal himself and dolor they would have been screwed altogether. The implication, as I understand it, is that the heat escanor generates during the day is basically wasted energy but through rhitta he is able to store it for later use as we just saw. It's weird to see a character who seems to waste so much power. Although for me the biggest question here is whether this is it for the power escanor can use or not.

Escanor showed an immense amount of power in the confrontation, taking out two commandments instantly is no small feat. But I question whether this really is that hax in the context of escanor. Escanor has shown a regular PL of at least 50k. At that point he was able to take galan's 40K worth of power with literally only a scratch. But the important part is what happened right after. Escanor' power was so overwhelming that galan, a seasoned battle loving warrior, was on the run. Galan, at 40k, faced oblivion. As powerful as rhita's ability seems to be, I get the impression escanor's day form packs a significantly greater punch than that. So the big question again, is that it regarding rhita's ability? For the ability to be truly terrifying it has to be more than just the store power we saw. There should be a big difference between escanor using the power under the circumstances we saw and the power he usually displays. Basically the true terrifying aspect of the technique should be that he is able to add the stored power to his own. So the next time we see the technique we might see what he used against dolor and gloxinia but with at least an extra 12k worth of power.
Seeing how Escanor's power is sunshine and you could very well see this guy as the sun itself - figuratively - I always imagined him working in a similar fashion. He's almost like a nuclear fission reactor who powers and radiates energy in impulses all the time as soon as the sun comes up. Rhitta was magically created to benefit from that power because let's face it, Escanor does not really need a weapon. I think of Rhitta's Charge and Fire ability more as a last resort kind of thing that could be used should Escanor be stuck in a pinch during night. Provided his night form can command the axe to release all that energy.

I somehow doubt that this is Rhitta's only quality. I am not sure if Escanor can actually utilize Sunshine with sub abilities like the other Sins do with theirs... he might be the unique case that he simply can't. Or part of his journey to grow is to get better control over it and effectively channel it. Maybe it become less threatening and powerful overall but in exchange Escanor learns to use it freely, can access it at night and channel it with many different purposes (laser beams fuck yeah! :cool:)

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Seeing how Escanor's power is sunshine and you could very well see this guy as the sun itself - figuratively - I always imagined him working in a similar fashion. He's almost like a nuclear fission reactor who powers and radiates energy in impulses all the time as soon as the sun comes up. Rhitta was magically created to benefit from that power because let's face it, Escanor does not really need a weapon. I think of Rhitta's Charge and Fire ability more as a last resort kind of thing that could be used should Escanor be stuck in a pinch during night. Provided his night form can command the axe to release all that energy.

I somehow doubt that this is Rhitta's only quality. I am not sure if Escanor can actually utilize Sunshine with sub abilities like the other Sins do with theirs... he might be the unique case that he simply can't. Or part of his journey to grow is to get better control over it and effectively channel it. Maybe it become less threatening and powerful overall but in exchange Escanor learns to use it freely, can access it at night and channel it with many different purposes (laser beams fuck yeah! :cool:)
I wouldn't go as far as to refer to his power as anything close to that of the Sun's. A star's nuclear fusion is insanely powerful, bringing nuclear fission, which is the core of nuclear bombs, to shame. And then, Escanor's power is a joke compared to a nuclear fission, let alone nuclear fusion in stars.
I'd just say his power is a really watered down prominence of the Sun, which is one of the weakest eruptions of energy in stars. I know it's a manga, but Escanor's power is a joke in comparison to natural phenomena, and his power should only be seen as a burst of energy and not anything close to a nuclear reactor (unless that's how it works, but again, it's very weak).

As for Rhitta, it should have some sort of other power. I'm wondering what Courechouse can do, though.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I guess makes sense that escanor would radiate energy like the sun. He did melt edinburg with his power after all. But it is not like other characters don't radiate power either. In this case the difference would appear to be the sheer difference... As if, escanor "wastes" comparatively more power than others do.

Escanor "needing" a weapon is a bit of weird topic. When the manga started weapons were necessary for characters to draw out their full power. But there are circumstances under which characters don't need a weapon to draw out their full power. I guess it comes down to mastery over their own powers in the end, to learn to do that by themselves. As for escanor needing a weapon, odds are that he does not need rhita to draw out his full power but in turn he is an ax user so it makes a difference whether he has an ax or not. Same as with meliodas and his sword. He does not seem to need his sword to draw out his full power but he is a swordsman over a fist fighter.

As for the quality, I don't think there will be anything more to it. How many abilities can a sacred treasure have? It seems weird enough that they would have an ability at all...

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I wouldn't go as far as to refer to his power as anything close to that of the Sun's. A star's nuclear fusion is insanely powerful, bringing nuclear fission, which is the core of nuclear bombs, to shame. And then, Escanor's power is a joke compared to a nuclear fission, let alone nuclear fusion in stars.
I'd just say his power is a really watered down prominence of the Sun, which is one of the weakest eruptions of energy in stars. I know it's a manga, but Escanor's power is a joke in comparison to natural phenomena, and his power should only be seen as a burst of energy and not anything close to a nuclear reactor (unless that's how it works, but again, it's very weak).

As for Rhitta, it should have some sort of other power. I'm wondering what Courechouse can do, though.
But I did say "figuratively". I don't mean he is literally as powerful as a gigantic celestial body burning helium all the time.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
But I did say "figuratively". I don't mean he is literally as powerful as a gigantic celestial body burning helium all the time.
You said his being was figuratively the Sun, but his power was "almost that of a nuclear fission", which is not the case. I'm probably being unnecessarily critical, but I see too many people referring to his power as one equal to a solar eruption's (which is even more powerful than fission), and it's not. His Sacred Treasure allows him to accumulate energy, and storing such power in Rhitta would have evaporated any living being, which was not the case with Gloxinia and Dolor.
But either way, this is not the right thread to discuss Sunshine, so we could just have these posts moved elsewhere if we intend to continue.

P.S.: It's hydrogen instead of helium. :p

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor "needing" a weapon is a bit of weird topic. When the manga started weapons were necessary for characters to draw out their full power. But there are circumstances under which characters don't need a weapon to draw out their full power. I guess it comes down to mastery over their own powers in the end, to learn to do that by themselves. As for escanor needing a weapon, odds are that he does not need rhita to draw out his full power but in turn he is an ax user so it makes a difference whether he has an ax or not. Same as with meliodas and his sword. He does not seem to need his sword to draw out his full power but he is a swordsman over a fist fighter.
I see Rhitta as more of a focus for Escanor's full power. It allows him to fully regulate Sunshine and not destroy his surroundings or waste power. He doesn't need it to bring out his full power, but it allows him to control it more finely than he would without it.

Rhitta made it possible for him to be able to accurately target and fatally injure both Glox and Dolor without harming anyone else in the surrounding area, despite him releasing that large amount of power. We've seen what an unchecked Sunshine could do in Edinburg.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I see Rhitta as more of a focus for Escanor's full power. It allows him to fully regulate Sunshine and not destroy his surroundings or waste power. He doesn't need it to bring out his full power, but it allows him to control it more finely than he would without it.

Rhitta made it possible for him to be able to accurately target and fatally injure both Glox and Dolor without harming anyone else in the surrounding area, despite him releasing that large amount of power. We've seen what an unchecked Sunshine could do in Edinburg.
What are you talking about? The manga has not ever even vaguely alluded to something like this. The only specific ability the manga has ever mentioned is rhitta collecting and story otherwise wasted power. And if we consider what happened at edinburg, then it is more than overwhelmingly clear that rhitta does absolutely nothing in regards the fine tuning you mention. The entire place was melted away, it was clearly doing squat in that regard. More so, even now escanor chose to walk away from ban and the others nearing noon, presumably because his power is at its peak. Assuming rhitta helps fine tune and regulate sunshine implies one out of two things, that it is failing as hard as something can possibly fail or that even with that escanor's power is uncontrollable. It makes far more sense that rhitta simply does absolutely nothing in that regard, specially because there is not a shred of evidence that it does such a thing anyways.

There is no reason for us to think rhitta specifically allowed escanor to target gloxinia and dolor. The manga specifically and only said rhitta released the power it had stored. And seriously, escanor quite literally just bombed the whole thing to oblivion. There was absolutely no restrain in his attack, he definitely did not care about destroying the area.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
What are you talking about? The manga has not ever even vaguely alluded to something like this. The only specific ability the manga has ever mentioned is rhitta collecting and story otherwise wasted power. And if we consider what happened at edinburg, then it is more than overwhelmingly clear that rhitta does absolutely nothing in regards the fine tuning you mention. The entire place was melted away, it was clearly doing squat in that regard. More so, even now escanor chose to walk away from ban and the others nearing noon, presumably because his power is at its peak. Assuming rhitta helps fine tune and regulate sunshine implies one out of two things, that it is failing as hard as something can possibly fail or that even with that escanor's power is uncontrollable. It makes far more sense that rhitta simply does absolutely nothing in that regard, specially because there is not a shred of evidence that it does such a thing anyways.

There is no reason for us to think rhitta specifically allowed escanor to target gloxinia and dolor. The manga specifically and only said rhitta released the power it had stored. And seriously, escanor quite literally just bombed the whole thing to oblivion. There was absolutely no restrain in his attack, he definitely did not care about destroying the area.
What I mean is Rhitta's Charge and Release gives him more versatility with Sunshine seeing as, given what we've seen, Sunshine only seems to radiate and/or explode out of Escanor when in use. The power focused in Rhitta can be managed better than if he himself were using it the normal way. He can use it more "finesse" if you will.

I'm not saying it allowed him to target them. Escanor himself took aim. He just directed that power towards them and only them. I imagine the amount of power Escanor released was enough to destroy that entire area if he pleased.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
You said his being was figuratively the Sun, but his power was "almost that of a nuclear fission", which is not the case. I'm probably being unnecessarily critical, but I see too many people referring to his power as one equal to a solar eruption's (which is even more powerful than fission), and it's not. His Sacred Treasure allows him to accumulate energy, and storing such power in Rhitta would have evaporated any living being, which was not the case with Gloxinia and Dolor.
But either way, this is not the right thread to discuss Sunshine, so we could just have these posts moved elsewhere if we intend to continue.

P.S.: It's hydrogen instead of helium. :p
I meant that it could work in a similar way. Like, he is constantly transforming his magic energy or even life force into energy and heat, which is why he becomes a shrivelled sad sack during night and he is weak as well. I wasn't emphasising on the power and rather on how similar it could work.

Lol helium. Feeling hella dumb now. XD That comes later during the end phase of a star's life.

Back to Rhitta..

What have we actually seen?

- named attack Charge and Fire.
- Escanor can also channel his Sunshine into the blade, causing burning cuts that are hard or impossible4 to regenerate from as they keep on burning.
- obeys his command and can come flying to him whenever he beckons.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well it's called Charge and Fire. Can't be more straightforward than that, Sunshine is pure power. The energy stored must also allow him to use more techniques and it's a way to channel properly his power. I found something odd when it was revealed, it allows him to use his power during the fight. However, he is not even able to lift it in normal situations. Had he wasted all the reserves at Edinburgh? He has never used Sunshine during the night but it implies that he can. It's not like his Magic was at 0. It fits considering what we know of him.

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Escanor has the most lackluster treasure.

Probably because he doesn't really need one I suppose.

All it does is absorb his power, and store it for later use. Seems like a redundant function.

He showed with galan that he can basically be just as effective if we just gave him any old axe.

1. So either what we've seen is all rhita can do. Or hopefully there's more.

2. He can combine his current day power with the stored up power for stronger attacks. Which seems kind of redundant still but still a possibility I suppose.

3. Escanor is the only sin stronger without a weapon. Rhitta's real purpose is to nerf him during the late day -pre-noon stages of his cycle by constantly sucking out his magic power.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
How is he stronger without Rhitta? He never fought without it in the series.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
How is he stronger without Rhitta? He never fought without it in the series.
I think LifewireToriko assumes this because the axe is so heavy that if he were swinging any other ordinary weapon in comparison he would probably absolutely obliterate his opponents. This way it is at least a slight handicap for him.