Fantasy - Acnologia vs Zeref(FH) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Acnologia vs Zeref(FH)

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm still not positive on Acnologia winning. Obviously, Acnologia is on a whole over tier above FH Zeref, but the thing is, Zeref can continue returning back in time + he is immortal. As we saw, the only thing that can stop him is "hax" that can burn through "time and space itself".
That being said, Acnologia can continue eating Zeref's magic(even though it won't run out cause it is infinite), which creates a massive loop. No side can win, because one is immortal who can reverse all damage and the other is on a whole over level.
However, if it is Acnologia with the Ravines of Time powerup, then I might give it to him. But only because he stated that he also posseses "Time and Space" magic, which in theory could disable Zeref's ability. It's still an uknown though.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Honestly, Acnologia can probably beat up Zeref and steal Fairy Heart from him. If we're talking about Acnologia after he received space-time magic, then he's shown greater reality-warping powers than Zeref has. He's got control over the time-rift, and in that time rift he . Tearing a hole through Igneel > tearing a hole through Natsu.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Depends.

Are we talking about regular old Acnologia or the "Time & Space Absorbed" version of Acnologia?

The former was slow and pitiful (got tricked by Ichiya & Anna) while the latter hasn't fought yet. They could both end up being fodder, which doesn't surprise me in the least. This is Acnologia's last chance, so I'll see what he can do over the next few chapters.

I'll call this match a tie, for now. If my opinion changes, I'll let you know.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I wouldn't call Acnologia slow. In all honestly, we probably just underestimated Christina's speed. In retrospect,Christina to intercept Wall's canon, which was able to cover 400km within a short timeframe. Christina was also able to cover hundreds of meters going from by frame. If that was 100m per second, then that's over 200m/ph. Even if it was only half of that, it would still be 100m/ph. You also have to take into account where Christina and Acnologia are right now. They are probably in the ocean to the south, which coincidentally would be around the area Wall launched his attack. Acnologia and Christina may have indeed covered several hundred kilometers in their chase.

Sure, Acnologia got tricked into a time rift. But he broke his way out of it, and a time-rift isn't going to exist for Zeref to trick him into. As of right now the only thing that has managed to actually damage Acnologia was Igneel, and that was an all out attack that cost him his life. Also, even if Zeref manages to shove his hands through Acnologia's dragon scales... against his dragon form, how deep is that injury going to be?

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, at the end of the day, dragons should not be slower than an airship like Christina..

Even if the ship's speed was impressive, the parent dragons destroyed multiple Faces across the entire continent in a matter of a few seconds before Face activated. After 400 years of being a dragon, I would imagine that Acnologia would at least be comparable to that speed.

As for the time-rift, it may not exist in this battle... but it still doesn't mean that his intelligence gets any better.

And plus, Zeref technically has immortality and unlimited magic. Theoretically, there is no way to beat somebody like that. This battle could favor Acnologia if he shows some solid feats over the next few chapters... otherwise, it's a tie for me.

They're both just as bad.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Has to likely be a tie unless Acnologia takes in too much magic eventually. Doesn't seem like Zeref can hurt Acnologia, and Acnologia can't kill Zeref.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Has to likely be a tie unless Acnologia takes in too much magic eventually. Doesn't seem like Zeref can hurt Acnologia, and Acnologia can't kill Zeref.
Which is BS how can ingeel power natsu has the power to kill zeref but ingeel or anco doesn't? Ingeel and anco>>>>>>zeref and natsu

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, at the end of the day, dragons should not be slower than an airship like Christina..

Even if the ship's speed was impressive, the parent dragons destroyed multiple Faces across the entire continent in a matter of a few seconds before Face activated. After 400 years of being a dragon, I would imagine that Acnologia would at least be comparable to that speed.

As for the time-rift, it may not exist in this battle... but it still doesn't mean that his intelligence gets any better.

And plus, Zeref technically has immortality and unlimited magic. Theoretically, there is no way to beat somebody like that. This battle could favor Acnologia if he shows some solid feats over the next few chapters... otherwise, it's a tie for me.

They're both just as bad.
Acnologia was eventually able to catch up and bring down the airship, so he wasn't really slower in the long run. Besides, no human sized character can really match the speed of Acnologia or Christina, except for maybe a teleporter like Mest. Zeref's hand to hand combat speed can be matched by Natsu in a 1v1.

I don't think intelligence is a huge factor. Even if Acnologia is mindless, there's still not much Zeref can do against him.

Zeref may have unlimited magic, but his attacks only have a certain amount of power behind them. From what we've seen so far, Acnologia's attacks are stronger. Infinite power just means Zeref won't ever run out of magic, but his attacks can still be overpowered and his body can still take damage.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Yeah, FH Zeref is just base Zeref with different design.

Hype wise, Zeref wins.

Feat wise, Acnologia stomps hard.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Acnologia was eventually able to catch up and bring down the airship, so he wasn't really slower in the long run. Besides, no human sized character can really match the speed of Acnologia or Christina, except for maybe a teleporter like Mest. Zeref's hand to hand combat speed can be matched by Natsu in a 1v1.

I don't think intelligence is a huge factor. Even if Acnologia is mindless, there's still not much Zeref can do against him.

Zeref may have unlimited magic, but his attacks only have a certain amount of power behind them. From what we've seen so far, Acnologia's attacks are stronger. Infinite power just means Zeref won't ever run out of magic, but his attacks can still be overpowered and his body can still take damage.

If it was Human Acnologia chasing Christina, then I would give him the benefit of the doubt...

But Acnologia was in his dragon form when he chased down the airship. I'm pretty sure Blue Pegasus did not intend for Christina to outrun a "top-tier" dragon when they designed it. For a dragon's speed, Acnologia is clearly bottom tier.

And while Zeref's hand-to-hand combat is quite slow, magic will still be his primary action for offensive & defensive maneuvers.

I always take intelligence into consideration. A person with no intelligence would not pay attention to their opponent, which allows them to be easily caught off guard.

If Zeref never runs out of magic and cannot die, then I don't see how he would lose this match. If knocking out Zeref is all Acnologia needs to do, then I agree Acnologia stomps.

But I'm assuming that this thread is a fight to the death.

Since Zeref is immortal here and has an unlimited supply of magic, I think it is only possible for Acnologia to draw this match.

Unless again, Acnologia shows better feats and can convince me that he is capable of defeating an immortal like Zeref.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
If it was Human Acnologia chasing Christina, then I would give him the benefit of the doubt...

But Acnologia was in his dragon form when he chased down the airship. I'm pretty sure Blue Pegasus did not intend for Christina to outrun a dragon when he designed it. For a dragon's speed, Acnologia is clearly bottom tier.

And while Zeref's hand-to-hand combat is quite slow, magic will still be his primary action for offensive & defensive maneuvers.

I always take intelligence into consideration. A person with no intelligence would not pay attention to their opponent, which allows them to be easily caught off guard.

If Zeref never runs out of magic and cannot die, then I don't see how he would lose this match. If knocking out Zeref is all Acnologia needs to do, then I agree Acnologia stomps.

But I'm assuming that this thread is a fight to the death.

Since Zeref is immortal and has an unlimited supply of magic, I think it is only possible for Acnologia to draw this match.

Unless again, he shows better feats and can convince me that he is capable of defeating an immortal like Zeref.
How many people in this series can chase down an airship over hundreds of kilometers? Even if Acnologia was slower than the parent dragons, he would still fly faster than Zeref. It only takes Natsu to keep up with Zeref, and keeping up with Natsu is something Acnologia can do in his human form. If it were his dragon form, he would literally be able to fly circles around Natsu and roar at him from a mile in the sky if he wanted to.

Even if we're taking this match to the death, Zeref hasn't shown the means to kill Acnologia either.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
How many people in this series can chase down an airship over hundreds of kilometers? Even if Acnologia was slower than the parent dragons, he would still fly faster than Zeref. It only takes Natsu to keep up with Zeref, and keeping up with Natsu is something Acnologia can do in his human form. If it were his dragon form, he would literally be able to fly circles around Natsu and roar at him from a mile in the sky if he wanted to.

Even if we're taking this match to the death, Zeref hasn't shown the means to kill Acnologia either.

Well, I don't see how an actual dragon like Acnologia fails to outspeed Christina.. His speed feats are underwhelming and unimpressive. He looked like a fool in the manga and his recent performance was embarrassing.

With that much advantage given to him, he is no doubt quite slow.

Plus, FH Zeref can stop/reverse time. It's practically impossible for Acnologia to "kill" somebody like that, given the current feats that he holds.

As for Zeref, I would be the last person on this forum to say that he wins this match.

I simply call this battle a tie.

With both of their underwhelming performances, I think it is quite fair to say that they draw.

Acnologia can still change my vote if he impresses me with the last few chapters we have left. Although, the chances of that are quite low, considering how he is acting in recent chapters.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Which is BS how can ingeel power natsu has the power to kill zeref but ingeel or anco doesn't? Ingeel and anco>>>>>>zeref and natsu
That's not a proven fact, that's just a speculation/hype made by Zeref. And it's Zeref who said that if he and Acnologia fought, it'd be a neverending battle where Zeref doesn't win, but he doesn't lose either due to immortality.

It's a tie unless or until Zeref says otherwise.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
That's not a proven fact, that's just a speculation/hype made by Zeref. And it's Zeref who said that if he and Acnologia fought, it'd be a neverending battle where Zeref doesn't win, but he doesn't lose either due to immortality.

It's a tie unless or until Zeref says otherwise.
Not dying isnt the same as not losing. Zeref didnt die in his fight against Natsu, but i think we can all agree that he was completely and utterly crushed by his baby bro. And Zeref didnt say it'd be a never ending battle, he said even though he wouldnt die, he would still be Acnologia's plaything, his helpless little toy to torture or do whatever with whenever he wants, i'd definitely call ending up like that, a loss.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yes he lost because his body couldn't move. Against Acnologia though, he'd lose only if he's unable to do anything as well, otherwise if he can keep moving and fighting and healing, then it's a tie.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes, but if Acnologia bites Zeref in half and flies half of his body to Alvarez and leaves the other half at Ishgar... it's going to take forever for Zeref to heal himself.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Yes, but if Acnologia bites Zeref in half and flies half of his body to Alvarez and leaves the other half at Ishgar... it's going to take forever for Zeref to heal himself.
Well if Zeref's regeneration is like an Ajin then even his half portion will create another half just like a tree :s.

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
yeah, we will have small Zeref(s) just like Natsu against Gildarts.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
will he do that though? And why not just swallow the half?

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes he lost because his body couldn't move. Against Acnologia though, he'd lose only if he's unable to do anything as well, otherwise if he can keep moving and fighting and healing, then it's a tie.
and that means that acno>zeref that why he said he he would have been his play thing