Shounen - Act-age by Tatsuya Matsuki & Shiro Usazaki | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Act-age by Tatsuya Matsuki & Shiro Usazaki

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I heard about it as well. Afraid this might be the end of act-age. It's a shame, I really liked it.
But on the other hand, I'd rather not support a person like this writer if the things he did are true.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This ain't how I wanted the world to know about Act Age...

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

I made an album for Shiro Usazaki's artwork, they aren't in order any kind (i will try to make them in order, no promise)

I also try my best to erase the author name

Last edited:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Im in pain

I really thought this manga could actually cause some changes in the industry, for the better.

ShiranuiShiranai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I feel betrayed by Tatsuya Matsuki. Act-Age became one of the series that I've always been waiting for in Shonen Jump.
I am very hopeful of this series because it has a strong female protagonist along with Emma (when there's still The Promised Neverland).
I always imagine that Act-Age would be a huge hit having about 300+ chapters and its popularity would spike once they release a good anime and people would love both Kei Yonagi and Chiyoko. Like there would be more a lot of merchandise of Kei and Chiyoko being sold in Japan from Figma figurines, Nendoroid, and even plushes and all, and I would be proud of myself to see that when I come back to Japan after this pandemic because I know I read and support the series from the very 1st chapter. I won't deny how masterful the story of Act-Age but this news of series being canceled and Tatsuya's indecent act breaks me. There is so much potential and I don't know if I have any strength left to read its premature final chapter.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Do you think the designer can do a variant of act age like Mitsuru Adachi does. I mean the majority of these manga are about baseball and the same characters. Shiro Usazaki could remake a manga on the cinema with the same character but a different life and name.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Given she deleted all AA related stuff from her twitter bio I doubt she will do that.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
WHHYYYYYYYYY 2020 HAS GONE TOO FAR

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Given she deleted all AA related stuff from her twitter bio I doubt she will do that.
Tbh, a fresh start might be better for her anyway. The reputation that Act-Age (or rather, it's writer that's entangled with Act-Age) has right now probably pretty difficult to overcome.

And yes @MUIMadara :emocat this year just keeps getting worse

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Tbh, a fresh start might be better for her anyway. The reputation that Act-Age (or rather, it's writer that's entangled with Act-Age) has right now probably pretty difficult to overcome.

And yes @MUIMadara :emocat this year just keeps getting worse
Act age was so good. I can't.....

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Just heard about this manga a month ago, caught up 3 days ago and heard the news today... I have nothing to say, I just feel the need to talk about it, so I can move on.

Not to repeat what @ShiranuiShiranai said, but I really was happy to see a manga in shonen jump that had good female characters (especially Chiyoko), this news really hits hard, it a reminder that behind any work is a human, there is always a chance any story would end abruptly, the worse part is that it happened because of the writer himself... feels betrayed, hopefully the Artist future work is not affected by this.

Cheers.

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

shonen_jump has erased this video on their youtube channel, so naturally I archived it the day before

edit: shonen_jump English lol, JPN still has it, for now.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Man, I really wanted to see Kei and Chiyoko and all the others animated and hear what VAs would give them their voices~ :c

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
^Same.

This was a very promising manga which had delivered enough in my view to be a stronger keeper over the next few years. It was simple and you could anticipate progression.

Sadly, the author is sick. I hope the artist can move on from this.