Aizen: Not the Typical Anime Villain? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Aizen: Not the Typical Anime Villain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus-Tails

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone else think Aizen isn't the typical anime villain? Let me list the observations I made about him that suggest to me that he isn't the typical villain and may not be such a bad guy.

-He does not abuse or punish his subordinates. Even when they come close to being out of line, he does not do anything himself. He let Tousen do what he wanted with Grimmjow, but Aizen doesn't seem to be the type of person to give out punishments.

-He acts casually with his comrades and subordinates. I was surprised when he actually apologized when Luppi got aggravated when Luppi learned that he was just a diversion. He is also very casual with Tousen and Gin. Gin even talks to him like an equal instead of his superior. Aizen even lets Szayel off the hook when Szayel acted without Aizen's permission.

-He acts very nice to Inoue. Usually the villain would try to intimidate her and make her life hell to force her to do his bidding. Aizen just acts cool and simply tells her straight up his plan.

-This point may be up for debate, but Aizen doesn't seem to take interest in killing people unless it's necessary. He only tried to kill Hinamori, Rukia, Byakuya, Ichigo and Hitsugaya because they were the enemy and because they got in his way to the point where they were annoyances. He didn't want to kill Renji and he didn't even bother to finish off Komamura. Furthermore, he didn't even bother to attack Isane and Unohana (I'm 100% sure he could of taken them out quickly if he wanted to).

Now, I want to discuss his actions in the Soul Society. My reasoning is that he knew he had to gain hollow powers to further his limits as a fighter. To do this, he would need the Hyogoku and he would most likely have to live amongst the hollows to learn about them. Now, he knows what it would look like if he lived among the hollows. The Soul Society would try to kill him (I mean they tried to execute Rukia for some BS reason, jeez), so he knew SS would become his enemy sooner or later. Therefore, he would be punished for being a determined fighter and wanting to reach new heights.
---Knowing this, he took the necessary precautions to prepare for a war that he knew the SS would start with him. He devised a thorough plan to get the item that would help in his quest for more power: the Hyogoku. He did what he did to get it and be able to leave in one piece. He just hit a few road blocks on the way, which he had to take care of to ensure his own safety. Those road blocks were:

-Taking out Hinamori whose obsession could prematurely reveal his position to the other captains.
-Taking out Hitsugaya because he predicted that Hitsugaya would try to come after him, especially knowing the relationship Hitsugaya has with Hinamori (obviously Aizen was right).
-Taking down Ichigo, Renji and Komamura for coming in his way especially since Aizen wasn't planning on targeting them. I think he wanted to take down Rukia because he basically doesn't like her or his brother. That's the most I can say about that for now.

This idea about Aizen's character came to me when I heard Zomari's embarrassing plea to Byakuya. Shinigami automatically labeled Hollows as bad guys and themselves as good guys. I mean yea Hollows eat humans but isn't slashing down Hollows similar in a sense? Shinigami will slash down a Hollow as soon as they see one, even if the Hollow isn't doing anything. I'm pretty sure the usual shinigami would kill Nell, Dondo and Pesche even if they were just playing. Aizen knew this and knew he would be in danger when he decided to go after Hollow powers so he made war on the SS before they could make war on him.

Personally, Aizen seems alright. He is just suffering the consequence of seeking more power (which isn't a bad thing because all fighters are determined to get stronger). What may look like evil actions are just retaliations to the SS's strict rules. It's quite similar to Ukitake and Kyoraku fighting Yama-jii when they took down the execution bird. Furthermore, some of his actions don't even seem bad at all. He forced Inoue to come to Hueco Mundo but he's not hurting her or anything. He's treating her like and guest and all he wants his a favor from her, which he couldn't get under any other circumstances.

Aizen's character doesn't really fit the villain role and it is funny because Ichigo is in the same boat as Aizen, yet Ichigo is labeled as a good guy. Aizen wants to be stronger and Ichigo wants to be stronger. Aizen wants to utilize hollow powers to gain power and Ichigo utilizes hollow powers to gain power. Aizen slashes down enemies that are in the way of his goals and Ichigo does the same thing. So why is Aizen labeled the bad guy and Ichigo is labeled the good guy? It's because Aizen hangs out with hollows and Ichigo hangs out with Shinigami and the SS have taken upon themselves to label hollows as the bad guys even though the Shinigami's actions are just as bad as the Hollows (Killing your own just because they stayed in the real world too long? Jeez).

Vegetoacs

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Please register to see the content of this post.

Last edited:

JioFreed666

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

IchigoSoul

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

JioFreed666

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

AngryChubbs

Reaction score
Country
United States

IchigoSoul

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Zeus-Tails

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

MegaX

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zeus-Tails

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

MegaX

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zeus-Tails

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

IchigoSoul

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

JioFreed666

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Last edited:

MegaX

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zeus-Tails

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

MegaX

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zeus-Tails

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

MegaX

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zeus-Tails

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Status
Not open for further replies.