Fantasy - Ajeel Ramal VS Hades (Precht Gaebolg) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Ajeel Ramal VS Hades (Precht Gaebolg)

Ajeel VS Hades

• Total voters

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I can certainly see FL one shotting half the Spriggans (those with poor durability, I don't see Ajeel in this category btw) in a 1 vs 1
For me, it's not about durability. So, nevermind if the opponent is physically strong or physically weak. It's about Magic Level.

For me, the definition of Hax spell is non physical effect attack. It means that it can't be counter by physical defense. Many of the Spriggans are Hax wizards despite physical wizards such as Fairy Tail's members. Their physicals are weaker and this is why many of people think they are weak. But you have to take account that they are despicted as having tremendeous MP. Hax Wizards are the opposite of physical wizards. They are different but certainly not weaker. They are weaker, only if the physical wizard has better MP than Hax wizard.

If I can put analogy, I can take Marvel Universe. Hax people are such Psychics. Physical people are the like of Juggernaut, Superman's like with tremendeous durability, such to tank atomic or nuclear blast.

Professor Xavier, one the greatest Psychic Marvel Verse is physically weaker than normal human. But his powers can only be counter by another Psychics around his level or people with very strong will. You can make a Superman guy like, a god power, if his mind is weak, Xavier can shut him down in second. Juggernaut is near indestructible but without his helmet, he can't face Xavier, while he can physically take blows from the like of Hulk and Thor.

The power of will is represent in Fairy Tail by the level of Ethernano. Spriggans have the best level here.

Fairy Law is a hax spell like Xavier's psychic vaccum. He can't affect Psychics stronger than him (Phoenix) or people with stronger will than him (Hulk's berserker). Makarov is in same way with the Spriggans.

The most representative in Fairy Tail, is Natsu vs Dimaria. The rage grew his MP level to the point he could walk under Dimaria's hax. Same as Brandish hax couldn't affect amp Nineheart where he could be physically blast by Natsu's strength.

Hax and Physicals wizards are opposite but both have limits : 1 by MP level, 1 by durability and stamina.

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Despite FT being a manga about magic, I do think durability plays a more important role in fights. Magic power can be useful on some occasions, but the evidence doesn't lie. Most of the fights that were won by the protagonists were partly due to their greater durability and endurance. They can tolerate getting hit, injured or generally being in pain better than most of the villains. It is hard to built real tension or excitement to a fight when one of them is a glass cannon who can break apart at the slightest touch. The likes of Hades and Mard are not the most powerful, but I reckon a big part of why their fights were more fondly remembered by the readers are because those two can actually take a finisher or two from an emotional Natsu without collapsing. It makes us think what is necessary to defeat them. Mard and Hades also did well enough to use their powers in a wise way. That is another reason why even though August and Irene are extremely durable, their fights are not rated as better than Hades and Mard. Some of us find it a shame the way they fought, as it never felt like they were utilising their capabilities to their full potential. It doesn't require genius level intellect. Just having decent common sense is sufficient. But the way August and Irene fought, you can't help but feel they are so wasteful. I think having durability and common sense are the biggest factors in producing a memorable fight.

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
For excitement, yes, it is more interesting seeing physicals battles with great collateral damage... etc... Agree with that :).
In Marvel Verse, it's more interesting to see, from the outside, a fight between Hulk and Thor rather than Xavier vs jean : telepaths only look at the other, as the fight is in their mind.

I just try to expose two ways of fighting :
I am not saying "Hax" is stronger than "Physical". For me they are in opposite way, two parts of a same piece. Fairy Tail's members are all axing on physicals attacks, not hax like Spriggans are. So they are usually physically stronger and tougher, with many exceptions.

If the strongest guy can bypass hax spell, he is sure to be the winner. If the physical guy can't resist the hax, well it is the opposite.
Like I said, by analogy, Charles Xavier can be put down by the like of Batman but can shut down the like of Superman.

Physical strength and durability are the key for Physical wizards to win. Mp's level is the key for Hax wizards.

This is where "PoF" is a key factor as well : by emotions, the like of Natsu and Erza, pure physical wizards, can amp their MP to such a level Hax can't compete with anymore. If hax is bypass, the stronger remains the physical one.

In that way, Makarov's or even Hades "Law", as Hax spell, should not be effective on Sriggans. but in a physical contest, Titan like Makarov can "physically" bypass many Spriggans for sure. As for Hades vs Ajeel, I don't see how Hades can put a win. The gap between their MP's level is high and Ajeel is not lacking of physical stats.

I am also agree for the wise mastery of the magic spells. Hades and Mard Geer were great characters. For me, Mard Geer remained one of the best foe of the entire Manga until today.

Last edited: