Fantasy - Ajeel Ramal VS Hades (Precht Gaebolg) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Ajeel Ramal VS Hades (Precht Gaebolg)

Ajeel VS Hades

• Total voters

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Ajeel
Sand Magic
Hades
Amaterasu
Chain Magic
Demon's Eye
Bullet Magic
Grimore Law
Demon Creation
Dark Magic
My Take is Ajeel will win this Mid Difficulty.I didn't include Heart in it as there is no point of Debate when He Continues to get up.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
If Hades doesn't have his heart I don't even see how he can even hold his own against Ajeel. He was able to use numerous powerful magic in rapid succession and such ease because of the heart. It was also the reason for his enhanced durability and him shrugging off attacks like they were nothing. Without it, Ajeel pretty much stomps him

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ajeel is stronger than Hades in my opinion, but Hades is not a weakling against him. Hades his spells are very powerful. And he did also take down Makarov, who is a Ten Wizard Saint.

But yeah, the fact that Ajeel is a Spriggan makes him surpass Hades. Ajeel takes him down with high diff.

Vasgoko

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Grimoire Law pretty much oneshots and Hades win no diff.

Without Grimoire Law, then I'd say Hades takes the win mid diff at most.

This is based off of assuming that you are comparing them on the same time period.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Its been said here before, but without his devil's heart, Hades gets stomped by Ajeel. I really don't see him holding his own against Ajeel without that heart, so Ajeel takes it easy to mid difficulty for me.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is essentially very similar to Ajeel vs. Mard Geer in terms of the outcome. Again, I assume we are comparing Alvarez Ajeel to Tenrou Hades which is when we last saw him. If we are comparing them both in Alvarez, I have no take on this as it is impossible to predict Hades' power right now.
  • Ajeel vs. Hades [Without Heart] = Easy-Medium Difficulty
  • Ajeel vs. Hades [With Heart] = Medium Difficulty
Literally, all of Hades' magic will prove useless against Ajeel's Sand Body. The only attack that could possibly inflict damage on Ajeel is Grimoire Law. I can see it failing though for many different reasons. Hence, my opinion on this thread.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Same diff as Mard vs Ajeel. I think in between medium and high. Hades won't be easy for Ajeel to defeat, but Ajeel will overwhelm Hades through the fight.

Edit: Didn't see that heart was out. Lowish difficulty.

Also Sandworld would be a massive problem for Hades, not that Ajeel should be pushed that far anyway.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Literally, all of Hades' magic will prove useless against Ajeel's Sand Body. The only attack that could possibly inflict damage on Ajeel is Grimoire Law. I can see it failing though for many different reasons. Hence, my opinion on this thread.
I was under the impression that sand body worked well against swords or physical objects. Elements (fire, ice, lightning) worked so why couldn't Amaterasu and bullet spells? I do think chain magic would be out of the question, but Ajeel could dodge this anyway.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was under the impression that sand body worked well against swords or physical objects. Elements (fire, ice, lightning) worked so why couldn't Amaterasu and bullet spells? I do think chain magic would be out of the question, but Ajeel could dodge this anyway.
Yeah, you're right. I didn't think of those attacks. Amaterasu would probably work. Bullet Magic might work... I don't know, but either way, it is too weak to do anything to Ajeel considering the time differences.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yeah, you're right. I didn't think of those attacks. Amaterasu would probably work. Bullet Magic might work... I don't know, but either way, it is too weak to do anything to Ajeel considering the time differences.
Well I don't really think Amaterasu spells are useless, but yes against Ajeel it's gotta be big time to really do anything significant. A100 will probably do a bit more than Jupiter damage imo.

The Hidden Magic could be fairly powerful, considering Erza was tripping about the amount of MP in each one, but that move requires the Heart and is also a featless spell.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I don't really think Amaterasu spells are useless, but yes against Ajeel it's gotta be big time to really do anything significant. A100 will probably do a bit more than Jupiter damage imo.

The Hidden Magic could be fairly powerful, considering Erza was tripping about the amount of MP in each one, but that move requires the Heart and is also a featless spell.
I was referring to Bullet Magic when I said that it won't affect Ajeel. Even so, Amaterasu won't do any significant damage because we are comparing characters from a 8 year time difference. Look at how Team Natsu + Laxus fared against Hades. He needed his heart and eye while even going full power just to fight. Now fast forward to the current timeskip. Even Erza had trouble against Ajeel let alone the Tenrou version of her being near LFD Natsu's power who arguably overwhelmed Hades. His heart is what people mistaken for his real power. However, in a fight, anyone can destroy it. Even Exceeds are capable of doing that. The Heart of Grimoire is very much like the Tenrou Tree. It was too OP which is why Hiro Mashima has made it irrelevant to the story ever since. Otherwise, the Spriggans, Zeref, or Acnologia just needs to bring a saw/axe to Tenrou Island to defeat Fairy Tail.

Honestly, if you ask me, Precht is hyped too much by fans. In my eyes, he is on the same level as Yury and Warrod. Nothing that special. Would he be able to match God Serena, Ishgar's #1 Mage? Probably not. Even Gildarts can probably match him.

The 12 Spriggans, on the other hand, are no joke. They have been really underrated recently due to plot but if you were to combine all of Fairy Tail's opponents in the previous arcs and match them against Alvarez, the Spriggan 12 would take all of them on without losing more than 1 or 2 members.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I was referring to Bullet Magic when I said that it won't affect Ajeel.
Sorry I misread I thought you were saying Amaterasu were too weak to do anything. I know we're going to disagree on the concept of the 8 year difference though so if I will mention which arcs I am talking about.

Look at how Team Natsu + Laxus fared against Hades. He needed his heart and eye while even going full power just to fight. Now fast forward to the current timeskip
Yes this where Ajeel/Hades would differ. I can't see Hades being able to put current team Natsu on the run. This to me is the main difference between a Spriggan and someone like Mard/Hades - the abilities are on another level. (Team Natsu obviously would have beaten Ajeel, they were actually held back by plot tbh).

This however does not discount Hades as someone who just gets steam rolled. On Tenrou against team Natsu he was playing around and still wiped the floor with them. Laxus did better but he conceded after a short bout. Hades completely outclassed Makarov.

Honestly, if you ask me, Precht is hyped too much by fans. In my eyes, he is on the same level as Yury and Warrod. Nothing that special. Would he be able to match God Serena, Ishgar's #1 Mage? Probably not. Even Gildarts can probably match him.
I think it's fair to put Hades at Heavenly Kings level. A step down from Spriggan and a step up from Makarov. Gildarts could definitely fight against Hades and maybe even dominate for a time, but Hades would likely win.

Even Erza had trouble against Ajeel let alone the Tenrou version of her being near LFD Natsu's power who arguably overwhelmed Hades
Well I don't yet put Erza above or equal to Hades personally. I don't know if you had a typo with the underlined section but Tenrou LFD would trounce Tenrou Erza, and even beat current Erza.

His heart is what people mistaken for his real power. However, in a fight, anyone can destroy it. Even Exceeds are capable of doing that. The Heart of Grimoire is very much like the Tenrou Tree. It was too OP which is why Hiro Mashima has made it irrelevant to the story ever since. Otherwise, the Spriggans, Zeref, or Acnologia just needs to bring a saw/axe to Tenrou Island to defeat Fairy Tail.
I agree and disagree about the Heart. I agree because it certainly amplifies Hades power. But in the context of magic the Heart is an invention of Hades own knowledge. People learn and invent spells, Hades did this and it allowed him reach a level that was likely beyond his capabilities without it. It is basically a piece of equipment to him like Erza's armours and weapons.

We'll likely never know how he made his Heart, it's likely he had to sequester some of himself or his power into it (FH has a sarcophagus so I expect DH to have some of Hades in it). The Heart is actually still relevant though given Precht's involvement with Fairy Heart. And Acno just needed a roar, no axe lol.

The 12 Spriggans, on the other hand, are no joke. They have been really underrated recently due to plot but if you were to combine all of Fairy Tail's opponents in the previous arcs and match them against Alvarez, the Spriggan 12 would take all of them on without losing more than 1 or 2 members.
I don't think anyone is saying the Spriggan are a joke, it's widely acknowledged by most on here they would defeat anyone not a dragon pre-skip.

They might be underrated by some, overrated by others. It really depends what plot you're talking about. Personally what I believe is happening is the hype is becoming more refined with feats. When Brandish shrunk that island and scared Natsu/Gray with her MP the featless hype was huge. Then Ajeel came along to confirm the Spriggan were more powerful than Makarov but we seen team Natsu be able to stop his attacks when allowed to, and also that Laxus might be their level. In Ajeel's second fight the sense of their invincibility against someone of Erza's level was erased, and she just won with help. So in this sense all that is happening is the actual level of the Spriggans is being gauged, compared to the initial hype which was higher.

Imo Spriggan's get underrated when people say Kagura could defeat one herself, or Cobra+Midnight can take one. If it were that easy this arc would be a joke.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry I misread I thought you were saying Amaterasu were too weak to do anything. I know we're going to disagree on the concept of the 8 year difference though so if I will mention which arcs I am talking about.
Lol. Yeah, we'll leave this one to rest because I am the only fanatic who seems to focus on that aspect a lot.

Yes this where Ajeel/Hades would differ. I can't see Hades being able to put current team Natsu on the run. This to me is the main difference between a Spriggan and someone like Mard/Hades - the abilities are on another level. (Team Natsu obviously would have beaten Ajeel, they were actually held back by plot tbh).

This however does not discount Hades as someone who just gets steam rolled. On Tenrou against team Natsu he was playing around and still wiped the floor with them. Laxus did better but he conceded after a short bout. Hades completely outclassed Makarov.
I agree, that together, Team Natsu would be able to beat Ajeel, but then every member has increased in power by quite a margin so I would take that into consideration as well. As for Hades, he probably won't be defeated easily with his heart but without it, I can see a Easy-Medium Difficulty fight.

I think it's fair to put Hades at Heavenly Kings level. A step down from Spriggan and a step up from Makarov. Gildarts could definitely fight against Hades and maybe even dominate for a time, but Hades would likely win.
Yeah, I would definitely put Hades up there out of the 4 Heavenly Kings. The minimum he could be placed would be close to Warrod. The maximum is kind of difficult but I would put him near Wolfheim or a little below Hyberion. I can see Gildarts defeating Hades but that is just me. Most people would be like you and argue that Hades would win.

Well I don't yet put Erza above or equal to Hades personally. I don't know if you had a typo with the underlined section but Tenrou LFD would trounce Tenrou Erza, and even beat current Erza.
I actually think Tenrou Erza was not too far from Tenrou LFD Natsu. Then in Tartaros, Erza was able to pull ahead of Natsu by just a little bit. Now in the current arc, Natsu has surpassed Erza.

In my opinion though... Current Erza > Tenrou LFD Natsu [Easy-Medium Difficulty]

I agree and disagree about the Heart. I agree because it certainly amplifies Hades power. But in the context of magic the Heart is an invention of Hades own knowledge. People learn and invent spells, Hades did this and it allowed him reach a level that was likely beyond his capabilities without it. It is basically a piece of equipment to him like Erza's armours and weapons.

We'll likely never know how he made his Heart, it's likely he had to sequester some of himself or his power into it (FH has a sarcophagus so I expect DH to have some of Hades in it). The Heart is actually still relevant though given Precht's involvement with Fairy Heart. And Acno just needed a roar, no axe lol.
Okay, I can see your point about him putting his MP into the heart which makes it part of his own creation; however, as we can see, it can be destroyed quite easily. Not to mention, the time it takes to construct it would be very long. So if Ajeel were to face Hades and destroyed the heart almost immediately after the fight starts, I can see Hades losing the edge significantly from that point on. Basically, it wouldn't make that much of a difference in my opinion except that he can delay the fight a little longer.

I still think it was OP though... Which could be why we haven't seen something similar to it in that regard. It is kind of like how the Tenrou Tree is no longer referenced nor mentioned. This is kind of a stretch but I personally believe Tenrou Arc was quite skewed because it seemed like Hiro Mashima was planning to end Fairy Tail right there but then changed his mind and continued it.

I don't think anyone is saying the Spriggan are a joke, it's widely acknowledged by most on here they would defeat anyone not a dragon pre-skip.

They might be underrated by some, overrated by others. It really depends what plot you're talking about. Personally what I believe is happening is the hype is becoming more refined with feats. When Brandish shrunk that island and scared Natsu/Gray with her MP the featless hype was huge. Then Ajeel came along to confirm the Spriggan were more powerful than Makarov but we seen team Natsu be able to stop his attacks when allowed to, and also that Laxus might be their level. In Ajeel's second fight the sense of their invincibility against someone of Erza's level was erased, and she just won with help. So in this sense all that is happening is the actual level of the Spriggans is being gauged, compared to the initial hype which was higher.

Imo Spriggan's get underrated when people say Kagura could defeat one herself, or Cobra+Midnight can take one. If it were that easy this arc would be a joke.
Fair enough. I think Brandish has severely been downgraded in portrayal though. As for Ajeel, I would call his fight with Erza a stalemate. He obviously didn't win but I don't think Erza could have defeated him in that fight either. The other Spriggans are hyped to be strong but we've yet to see feats from them. Many say that Ajeel is the weakest Spriggan but I beg to differ. I can see him being a major threat if he were to go all out and not fool around like he did in his fight with Erza.

In my eyes, there may only be one Spriggan that is a fodder and can get one-shotted pretty easily. Of course it is pure speculation but I see Jacob Lessio as All or Nothing. I don't know why but ever since he made an appearance, I doubted his capabilities. His title of being an assassin depicts him as being extremely strong in offense but very weak in durability; hence, my prediction.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yeah, I would definitely put Hades up there out of the 4 Heavenly Kings. The minimum he could be placed would be close to Warrod. The maximum is kind of difficult but I would put him near Wolfheim or a little below Hyberion. I can see Gildarts defeating Hades but that is just me. Most people would be like you and argue that Hades would win.
You'd have to guess how strong Hyberion and Wolfheim are, and that's pretty hard. Gildarts is strong enough to win against Hades, the most powerful doesn't necessarily win fights.

I actually think Tenrou Erza was not too far from Tenrou LFD Natsu. Then in Tartaros, Erza was able to pull ahead of Natsu by just a little bit. Now in the current arc, Natsu has surpassed Erza.

In my opinion though... Current Erza > Tenrou LFD Natsu [Easy-Medium Difficulty]
I really can't see how Tenrou Erza is close to LFD Natsu, depends on what you mean by 'not too far'. I mean Tenrou Erza with the rest of Team Natsu were crushed by Hades. Idk the pecking order kinda went LFD Natsu > Hades > Laxus >= Makarov > Team Natsu > Erza for combat ability.

For current Erza I'd be willing to give her a chance of winning against Tenrou LFD Natsu. But easy-medium would mean she beats Hades/Gildarts/Mard easy, which I don't see.

Okay, I can see your point about him putting his MP into the heart which makes it part of his own creation; however, as we can see, it can be destroyed quite easily. Not to mention, the time it takes to construct it would be very long. So if Ajeel were to face Hades and destroyed the heart almost immediately after the fight starts, I can see Hades losing the edge significantly from that point on. Basically, it wouldn't make that much of a difference in my opinion except that he can delay the fight a little longer.

I still think it was OP though... Which could be why we haven't seen something similar to it in that regard. It is kind of like how the Tenrou Tree is no longer referenced nor mentioned. This is kind of a stretch but I personally believe Tenrou Arc was quite skewed because it seemed like Hiro Mashima was planning to end Fairy Tail right there but then changed his mind and continued it.
The Heart can be easily broken. I think when people make the comparison between Hades w/Heart and anyone else (for this case Ajeel) they are assuming it's not going to be found, so that the discussion can remain equal. Like if 2 people are discussing the fight and one says Ajeel crushes the heart immediately but the other argues Ajeel doesn't find it they will spend a whole lot of time arguing that and not focus on the fight. Clearly without Heart Hades is a lesser entity.

Fair enough. I think Brandish has severely been downgraded in portrayal though. As for Ajeel, I would call his fight with Erza a stalemate. He obviously didn't win but I don't think Erza could have defeated him in that fight either. The other Spriggans are hyped to be strong but we've yet to see feats from them. Many say that Ajeel is the weakest Spriggan but I beg to differ. I can see him being a major threat if he were to go all out and not fool around like he did in his fight with Erza.

In my eyes, there may only be one Spriggan that is a fodder and can get one-shotted pretty easily. Of course it is pure speculation but I see Jacob Lessio as All or Nothing. I don't know why but ever since he made an appearance, I doubted his capabilities. His title of being an assassin depicts him as being extremely strong in offense but very weak in durability; hence, my prediction.
Like I said Brandish has yet to fight so Idk why there is a reason to downgrade her. People did this when God Serena acted in a flamboyant way at the Spriggan meeting too, saying he was like Ichiya. These people are supposedly better than everyone in Ishgal.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Lol. Yeah, we'll leave this one to rest because I am the only fanatic who seems to focus on that aspect a lot.

I agree, that together, Team Natsu would be able to beat Ajeel, but then every member has increased in power by quite a margin so I would take that into consideration as well. As for Hades, he probably won't be defeated easily with his heart but without it, I can see a Easy-Medium Difficulty fight.

Don't Count Jacob as a Weak Spriggan.After all he was given in charge of The One Million Army.Only a Strong and Experienced Spriggan will be given in charge of that.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
LFD Natsu to me has greater output than Laxus, by a fair bit. Sure he has the same level of magic power as Laxus, but he's just able to use it quicker. I think slayers seem to burn thru the MP they eat fairly quick. Gajeel did a similar think against Shadow Rogue, after getting stomped by Shadow Rogue he ate his shadow and overpowered him (didn't get a full meal like Natsu did either). Natsu in BDKM could only use the mode once for a short time before it ran out and that was some of Igneel's power. I don't think Laxus can go berserk and burn thru his MP like Natsu can when he got it; Laxus would just fight for longer.

Laxus did train for 3 months but Idk it wasn't like he improved a great deal.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
LFD Natsu to me has greater output than Laxus, by a fair bit. Sure he has the same level of magic power as Laxus, but he's just able to use it quicker. I think slayers seem to burn thru the MP they eat fairly quick. Gajeel did a similar think against Shadow Rogue, after getting stomped by Shadow Rogue he ate his shadow and overpowered him (didn't get a full meal like Natsu did either). Natsu in BDKM could only use the mode once for a short time before it ran out and that was some of Igneel's power. I don't think Laxus can go berserk and burn thru his MP like Natsu can when he got it; Laxus would just fight for longer.

Laxus did train for 3 months but Idk it wasn't like he improved a great deal.
I assume you're comparing LFD Natsu and Laxus from Tenrou Arc? If so, I would give Laxus the win but with High Difficulty just because he gave Natsu his MP [Lightning] to eat. I'm not sure if they actually quickly burn through the MP they eat though. I mean their attack does get stronger but it shouldn't really speed up the output of his attacks or magic power.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I assume you're comparing LFD Natsu and Laxus from Tenrou Arc? If so, I would give Laxus the win but with High Difficulty just because he gave Natsu his MP [Lightning] to eat. I'm not sure if they actually quickly burn through the MP they eat though. I mean their attack does get stronger but it shouldn't really speed up the output of his attacks or magic power.
Yea I'm comparing Tenrou LFD to Tenrou Laxus. We can disagree on Laxus being better, I personally think LFD Natsu would have no trouble dominating Gildarts just like he did Hades, but that's just me.

In each time a slayer has eaten MP they burn thru it quickly - whether this is because of the situation they are in (a fight) or not we don't know, but it's safe to assume slayers can't slowly burn thru the MP. Like we just had Natsu burn thru Igneel's power in a short span of time AND he couldn't save Igneel's power for later... I don't know what else I could infer other than MP boosts being short term things. At the very least I can't remember a slayer using a MP boost that was slow release.

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hades w/o heart vs Ajeel - high diff for Ajeel
Hades w/ heart vs Ajeel - high diff for Hades

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hades stomped and Easy-diffed, Tenrou Badass Makarov who was fighting against Acnologia... and i personally consider Tenrou Makarov stronger than current Erza...

Hades can cast Amaterasu 100 spells casually and the aoe is 1/3 tenrou island, if spam Amaterasu 100 that eventually hits Ajeel and wrecks his sorry ass into oblivion, and dont forget Grimore Law if Hades manages to hit with that Ajeel is defeated= Precht wins High difficulty

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
LOL Hades loses regardless if he has his heart or not.