Shounen - Alive - The Final Evolution! by Kawashima Tadashi & Adachi Toka | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Alive - The Final Evolution! by Kawashima Tadashi & Adachi Toka

Onomatopoeia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Come here to discuss the Manga Alive- The Final Evolution.

Quick Summary:A high schooler named Taisuke Kanou is living with his older sister, Youko, after the death of his parents. He lives a relatively quiet life until a massive surge of suicides around the world known as the "Nightmare Week" begins.

Soon his entire life is turned upside down and things that only happened in movies are commonplace . His best Friend,Hirose, is accused of killing his classmates and a psychotic murderer is going around calling Taisuke a "Comrade".
Written by: Kawashima Tadashi Adachitoka
Drawn by: Adachitoka

The first chapter
Why Should I read this???

I find this Manga to be pretty darn amazing for a number of reasons. Probablly one of the first and foremost is it's plot which while confusing at times is very satisfying and pretty realistic. Another one I enjoy is that battles are rarely(if ever) decided by just brute strength and usually incorporates strategy/intellect/ or just figuring out the enemies ability. I also enjoy the originality a lot.

It really breaks away from Shounen mainstream, in fact throughout the manga I thought it might be a seinen for a while. However it stays very realistic and for the most part you won't see any really weird stuff like a character being represented by a dragon or anything weird like that. It's pretty bloody and if a character is dead they're probablly going to stay dead. Which is a pretty nice change in itself.

The backstories of all the characters are really good and pretty believable. The manga does a great job of parting most of a characters story in a chapter without making it rushed or melodramatic. You'll really get a feel for each of the characters(except maybe Hirose but he's sort of made like that) and get a good idea of weather you like them or not and for what reason.

Having said all that this Alive defintely follows Shounen Cliche's(Adventure, friend goes bad, Happy Go Lucky Main with a Foil that is much more realistic/more vengeful) but at the same time things like "NIghtmare Week" set it apart from everything else.

Will put more details down soon enough, but for now DISCUSS, I COMMAND THEE!!

Some things I'm interested in knowing:

1. Favorite Character
2. Theories on who the "Big Bad" is?
3. Hirose in general.
4. Favorite Battle.
5. Yura like L or not?
6. Favorite Power?
7. Does this Manga feel a little like a Seinen?

Last edited:

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Alive - The Final Evolution! by Kawashima Tadashi & Adachitoka

Cool, an Alive topic. Been following the manga for a while but never managed to find much discussion on it.

1. Yura. Asou was pretty close until
WHOOPS, DEAD.
2. No idea
3. Ehh. Not the worst character, but not very interesting either.
4. Most anything involving Yura or Asou.

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States

Cool, an Alive topic. Been following the manga for a while but never managed to find much discussion on it.

WHOOPS, DEAD.
2. No idea

Yura is so awesome no one can deny him. Having said that, does he seem a like L to you? You know with the weird obsession with sweet stuff, no social skills, messed up hair, no shoes etc.

Asou I liked the most near the end but his power wasn't all that original for me. Though his backstory was very well made in my opinion especially with his conection to Ron. I enjoy backstories a lot in this story.

Kanon was especially awesome in my opinion.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

WHOOPS, DEAD.
2. No idea
yura isn't dead ;) XD

1.Taisuke =) he remembers me of Naruto xD
2. Very good question o___o
3. hmm not sure, he's not really bad, but i don't like him :darn
4. maybe Taisuke vs. Hirose? xD i can't decide :oh

thank you for this thread Onomatopoeia =)

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States

The Big question of this chapter is...WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH THAT BABY! I mean UGH. So disgusting.

kaostheory

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I just cant wait to see all the other powers
The baby is creepy you can see the umbilical cord trailing behind it makes you wonder how it got it off. I just want to know if we have already met the girl and if the baby grows at an extreme rate like all the other mangas that have powerful babies.

Onomatopoeia

Reaction score
Country
United States

I just cant wait to see all the other powers
The baby is creepy you can see the umbilical cord trailing behind it makes you wonder how it got it off. I just want to know if we have already met the girl and if the baby grows at an extreme rate like all the other mangas that have powerful babies.
Supposedly theirs another arc coming right after this.
You know I just realized your right, who's child could that baby be? I mean it doesn't look like a normal baby and it seems to have been born only a little while ago and yet it's in a forest. Perhaps it doesn't even have a mother? But I doubt that it will grow up quickly. It'll lose to much of the creepy factor.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Alive - The Final Evolution! by Kawashima Tadashi & Adachitoka

*sticks at featured ongoing series of January*

Darek Khort

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: [FEATURED SERIES] Alive - The Final Evolution! by Kawashima Tadashi & Adachitoka

1. Favorite Character: I don't have one. :<
2. Theories on who the "Big Bad" is? Somebody we haven't seen.
3. Hirose in general.He's too emo and weird/obsessive. :<
4. Favorite Battle.Any with lots of explosions. :D

I'm currently buying the manga, although at Kinokuniya (sydney branch) they are only up to Volume 6. :< I really like the art style and the storyline is quite nice too with the mystery behind all the happenings being...well...mysterious. :O

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

i heard it will end at chapter 82:(