Theory - all for one is midoriyas father | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory all for one is midoriyas father

deyna

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Can you give me a link to this? And is it 100% irrefutable
it was mentioned in the first chapter of the manga.

still, i can't understand why would the author purposefully left out his father's identity or what he looks like. meanwhile we got other students' parents present. sure, because he works overseas, of course he won't be at home much.. but why there isn't a single pic of him until now? i wonder if inko is still keeping in touch with her husband..
hope horikoshi will show midoriya's father in future chapters.

ca12nag3

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Don't get how my post was bashing. Merely stating that Midoriyas dad is nothing special. As in a regular quirk guy. Stated from chapter 1 on.
I do however think it is possible that his mom is related to Nana Shimura. But that is a long shot.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Don't get how my post was bashing. Merely stating that Midoriyas dad is nothing special. As in a regular quirk guy. Stated from chapter 1 on.
I do however think it is possible that his mom is related to Nana Shimura. But that is a long shot.
Calling a character a "wimp" because of 1 scene he had in the manga or calling all fathers useless while laughing is bashing.

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Calling a character a "wimp" because of 1 scene he had in the manga or calling all fathers useless while laughing is bashing.
It's a manga character? And the general theme with the fathers in this story isn't all that bright? And if I laugh about something does not always mean it is bad, nor good? I do enjoy the story also I haven't seen an epic dad yet in this story. Name me one.

Also the rules imply I do not bash people in the community or authors. While it might not be a positive opinion on the characters I mentioned it still is an opinion based on observation and facts that I already provided within the story. Like the sky being blue.
In this story, Midoriya, for instance, was a "wimp" but it is his progress to become the greatest hero lay the story we read and enjoy. I follow the rules closely.

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's a manga character? And the general theme with the fathers in this story isn't all that bright? And if I laugh about something does not always mean it is bad, nor good? I do enjoy the story also I haven't seen an epic dad yet in this story. Name me one.

Also the rules imply I do not bash people in the community or authors. While it might not be a positive opinion on the characters I mentioned it still is an opinion based on observation and facts that I already provided within the story. Like the sky being blue.
In this story, Midoriya, for instance, was a "wimp" but it is his progress to become the greatest hero lay the story we read and enjoy. I follow the rules closely.
"Difference of opinion is a given during discussion, and criticism has its place, so long as it is constructive and contributes to the ongoing conversation; not used to bash others or to just generally be negative. Being passive aggressive, sarcastic or trolling to bait others is not acceptable."

I won't discuss the definition of bashing with you. Stop calling others wimps or useless, that's it.
And any post that has nothing to do with the theme of this thread will be deleted from now on.

Thumbcat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why does all for ones force activation quirk in s3e10 of the anime have the same glowing red lines as dekus manifestation of one for all? All might doesn't have those lines? Is it possible all for one is dekus dad and it is because they share the same genes? Maby deku has the force activation quirk himself and that's why he can use 100% with very little mastery of one for all, just like how all for one doesn't need any mastery of a quirk to activate it,
All for one also has a red lightning effect that is similar to dekus green lightning I would bet that all for one had red hair and eyes and that the color of the lightning depends on the color of the pigments in your hair and eyes and that deku inherited the green hair and eyes from his mother causing him to produce green lightning.
"Force Lines" - It's been OVER stated that All Might never needed help learning how to use OFA - that includes classic power up tropes like full body or localized chakra cycling ... *cough*... I mean OFA power cycling. We see Deku's fancy racing stripes because... well... he sucks. So they show him learning and when he's getting serious. All Might did it subconsciously, all the time, so why show it? Which brings up point 2...

"Force Activation" (the) Quirk, is not related to the power up lines we see on Deku, and is very likely a new Quirk for AFO. "Force" in this word/translation spot is a synonym for "compel" or "make someone do" - Deku's AFO lines are "force" as in "power" or "energy" or "chakra". It's probably new because AFO himself said he lost almost everything during his last fight with All Might and because Gran Torino noticed that all the Quirks they were seeing from AFO were completely different from the last fight.

OFA acts like rubber band at full tension. It's always on and always at full blast. As soon as you get it, if you can trigger it at all, it'll trigger at 100%. You actually have to practice to gain control, precision, and finesse so it doesn't come out like a fire hose constantly.

Deku's crackle's/lightning is green because, well, he's green everywhere (Midoriya) but also that's his dot color on the OFA chain when we follow it. It helps that he color coordinates, na? All Might's is yellow (yeah, his hair is, too) - his is one dot back when we follow the chain. We don't usually see lightning around All Might, but there's a ton around him in his final fight with AFO - and it's Yellow! But. Nana's dot color is bright magenta. Her hair is black, her eyes are grey, her costume is mostly blue... Soooo. No. Sorry about the color theory. Here's the truth: Horikoshi wanted his protagonist in green.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I know I'm late to this train, and that initial post is a beast - phew!
So.
I don't think it'll be as straight forward as Deku being AFO's "son", per se. It's too neat and boring and too easy to predict with all the Star Wars and TDL worshiping that goes on in the background. Horikoshi's hasn't railroaded us that badly yet or been that in your face simplistic with a plot device. So I'd really be surprised if he was.
BUT.
There are too many clues being left around for there not to be a huge plot element around Deku's father at this point - precisely *because* of all the Star Wars love.

Problems with the theory:
- Too simplistic.
- AFO is obviously Vader, down to the wrinkly nutsack head - though it would've been badass had they been able to find the James Earl Jones equivalent in Japanese for that voice... but if he's Vader... then that makes Shigaraki a bit of a problem - is he another Luke?
- The double parallel bloodline/side swap between Shigaraki and Izuku is an obvious one: but in it's current form it's not parallel. Izuku shouldn't be AFO's direct son, not in a close way. Not in a "I was the living, nearly immortal incarnation of ALL THINGS EVIL for my day job, and a normal dad on nights and weekends until Izuku turned 9yo when All Might found me and melted my face off" kind of way. No. Grandson or something else is a better call.
- The meeting between All Might and Izuku was coincidental - this is a HUGE plot problem for the AFO Dadders (though I have a nasty fix for this later)
- AFO didn't talk about or really seem too concerned about Deku until later - and then he just used the name to shake All Might during the fight - showing that he knew that OFA had passed on and to whom. That once All Might was dead, no one could protect Deku.
- If AFO knew who Deku was, and All Might started sniffing around him - he'd have noticed. Immediately. If he were connected directly and watching that family for gain or control or even some sort of emotional connection (unlikely), but AFO never mentions it, not when Shigaraki is obsessing, not when he's monologing - nothing. There's just not a lot of bait dangling here yet. :o/

Good points of the theory:
- Izuku's Dad Missing: conspicuously absent, especially in story that deals primarily in father issues and hero worship - LITERALLY - we know about both parents or have seen them of all for the "top 5" EXCEPT Deku's dad. We only know that he breath's fire. And that there are conspicuously ZERO images of him in any of Deku's memories or in the house even though there haven't been any indicators of a divorce or disharmony. There's something there. It's a plot point. A big one.
- It's the same damn doctor. Yeah, the gross bald mustachioed doctor for AFO is Deku's childhood doctor, and the Batwing Boy/Noumu's Grandpa. Gross. That's not an accident. Deku's usually an excellent researcher, but he never said anything about doing any research on whether or not the pinky toe thing was bullshit or not, either. (Hell, the doc could've just swapped rads, or it could be a real thing - see nasty fix mentioned earlier... later)
- Shonen manga love their parallels and redemptions - so Shigaraki has to find out how AFO set him up and killed his father (what he does is after *shrug*), and Deku has to be tied to the brothers in some way. Some Sarutobi/Uchiha bullshit. It may be enough that Deku comes from nothing and is tied via his choice to follow All Might and all his choices since - but, his "hands bend fate!" which put a little more weight of "chosen one" and prophesy into the mix.

My gross Accidental Meeting problem fix for the AFO Dadders:
Okay. So we got the Doc. He's obviously doing Quirk work AND Genetics - since we have Nomus. And neighborhoods in Japan tend to have little neighborhood clinics where there was "the neighborhood OB/pediatrician" - I bet ALL the moms and kids in that neighborhood saw Tsubasa Sensei, including his own grandson. So, what if he were playing with the genetics of those kids in utero while he was seeing those pregnant moms? What if, in a sense, AFO is related to Deku - as are a BUNCH of kids in that neighborhood because ol' Doc Tsubasa was having a AFO+babydaddy genetics hoedown with his prenatals? Splicing, Quirk work, or just making AFO babies and duping poor normie dads - something, who knows? Whatever it was -
This let's you get an unknown or unattached bloodline of AFO into an unforeseen/not cared about encounter with All Might - because there might be a LOT of little Izukus around - great for making more Nomus maybe? Maybe they were trying to breed another AFO type Quirk? Maybe all that baby work failed or he was happy enough when he got his hands on Shigaraki to stop. Who knows. In either case, I bet the doctor is the one that sheds light on this little horror bomb when it finally comes into play for us readers.

$0.02

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
That’s true but Kirishima was basing his hero image on Red Roit so it’s possible for Kirishima but Bakugou probably not.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I’m pretty excited to see Deku’s dad being revealed though I wonder Deku’s dad will be revealed.
I say it is All for One. Everything about him is still mystery. His eyes aren't even visible. And some argue that he "stole" Dekus quirk since he and the dokter who examined Deku are working together. But that would serve no plot purpose.

All for One has no eyesight anymore and it would be even more interesting if the battle between Allmight and him coincide witg Dekus dad "suddenly" going to work abroad.

To me him having his eyes not visible during the entire chapter. Apart from 1 squinted look is too precise to be random.
There simply is a meaning behind it.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I say it is All for One. Everything about him is still mystery. His eyes aren't even visible. And some argue that he "stole" Dekus quirk since he and the dokter who examined Deku are working together. But that would serve no plot purpose.

All for One has no eyesight anymore and it would be even more interesting if the battle between Allmight and him coincide witg Dekus dad "suddenly" going to work abroad.

To me him having his eyes not visible during the entire chapter. Apart from 1 squinted look is too precise to be random.
There simply is a meaning behind it.
Well All For One is Deku’s dad is one of favorite theory’s but definitely he’s a mystery which we don’t even know his real name and I never believe the theory that All For One stole Deku’s quirk since it makes no sense. So what do you think the meaning behind All For One haven’t no eyesight anymore and I guess how Deku’s dad is revealed is if All For One gets his face healed and Deku sees his eyes.

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well All For One is Deku’s dad is one of favorite theory’s but definitely he’s a mystery which we don’t even know his real name and I never believe the theory that All For One stole Deku’s quirk since it makes no sense. So what do you think the meaning behind All For One haven’t no eyesight anymore and I guess how Deku’s dad is revealed is if All For One gets his face healed and Deku sees his eyes.
Well him losing his eyesight is most likely and if I'm correct the result of his battle with Almight. If there is a reveal that All for One is his dad it could be in various ways.

It could be that Deku still has his quirk but it is something not that simple as shooting fire or water or anything that can be activated just like that. Much like the dude that can talk to animals. How did he know well he probably talked to his pet and found out that way it listened to what he said. But if he never met an animal he would never know he could talk to animals.
Similarly the guy that can power up eating sugar. If he never ate sugar he would never power up and be deemed quirkless.

So if Deku has a quirk naturally it probably has a very rare activation gimmick. Or something he just didn't realize. That said the doctor he went to see as a child said he didn't have one. Now we know he is in league with All for One.
A possibility would be if he has Xrays taken and his bones show that he has the same bone structure as people with quirks. Now if he remembered those Xrays from his childhood, perhaps even has copies of them and put them next to each other. hey the doctor lied! Maybe a good idea to seek out that doctor again.
Simply said that doctor has been farming quirks from kids for decades now. So he is a big enemy. It could be through this possible arc that he finds out more about the inner workings of the villain league and possibly that All for One is his dad. Without the need to see his eyes.

Another thing from this chapter is this, if All for One is his dad, his dads pictures with his mom would be at their home, even if Deku hasn't seen his dad for years " presuming he is working abroad" he knows what his dad looks like. So seeing him in this dream-interaction with One for All he would recognize his dad. But since All for Ones eyes keep being hidden he can't tell who the guy is. A bit too convenient that his eyes are hidden I would say. He definitely is someone Deku would know.
The only alternative would be that we as readers have not read something where he is shown as a regular human yet. And should be surprised to find out it is him. But then it would be weird since Deku is the one who should be seeing him. And we as readers can already figure out easily if some special arc/mini arc about All for Ones past would hit who we are reading about. So both his eyes and human name are left out, same for the first One for All though.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well him losing his eyesight is most likely and if I'm correct the result of his battle with Almight. If there is a reveal that All for One is his dad it could be in various ways.

It could be that Deku still has his quirk but it is something not that simple as shooting fire or water or anything that can be activated just like that. Much like the dude that can talk to animals. How did he know well he probably talked to his pet and found out that way it listened to what he said. But if he never met an animal he would never know he could talk to animals.
Similarly the guy that can power up eating sugar. If he never ate sugar he would never power up and be deemed quirkless.

So if Deku has a quirk naturally it probably has a very rare activation gimmick. Or something he just didn't realize. That said the doctor he went to see as a child said he didn't have one. Now we know he is in league with All for One.
A possibility would be if he has Xrays taken and his bones show that he has the same bone structure as people with quirks. Now if he remembered those Xrays from his childhood, perhaps even has copies of them and put them next to each other. hey the doctor lied! Maybe a good idea to seek out that doctor again.
Simply said that doctor has been farming quirks from kids for decades now. So he is a big enemy. It could be through this possible arc that he finds out more about the inner workings of the villain league and possibly that All for One is his dad. Without the need to see his eyes.

Another thing from this chapter is this, if All for One is his dad, his dads pictures with his mom would be at their home, even if Deku hasn't seen his dad for years " presuming he is working abroad" he knows what his dad looks like. So seeing him in this dream-interaction with One for All he would recognize his dad. But since All for Ones eyes keep being hidden he can't tell who the guy is. A bit too convenient that his eyes are hidden I would say. He definitely is someone Deku would know.
The only alternative would be that we as readers have not read something where he is shown as a regular human yet. And should be surprised to find out it is him. But then it would be weird since Deku is the one who should be seeing him. And we as readers can already figure out easily if some special arc/mini arc about All for Ones past would hit who we are reading about. So both his eyes and human name are left out, same for the first One for All though.
Well I rather see the second opinion happen just because I think Deku having a secret quirk won’t fit his character and it would be nice to see best mom Inko again.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well if Deku does have a secret quirk then his quirk would probably be All For One which be a frightening thought but interesting seeing as he would have both One For All and All For One. But I’m still leaning towards the second idea since in chapter 96 there is picture of Izuku and his parents together so it won’t be a bad idea for Deku to look at some pictures of his dad to reveal that All For One is his dad.

Jake1456

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
nothing more annoying than theories without any evidence

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
nothing more annoying than theories without any evidence
Well there is a bunch of evidence that has no plotline attached. There is a 4th sibling with endeavors kids. Then we see dabi and we assume he must be that son.

As far as we know dekus dad uses fire breathing as quirk. Which his mom says.
But do we go by the words of a character? After all quirks are inherited powers. So One for all should not exist. And just like with any person people can lie or simply not know what the real truth is.

What makes me doubt his dad using a fire based quirk is not it being a fire quirk but due to Endeavor and Shouta and Dabi already use it and we are said to get his dad revealed sooner or later. Another fire quirk user?

As for the doctor it is clear he is not to be trusted. The guy works with All for One.

Another thing is this the autor is a mega star wars fan. Many places are named after places in star wars. And even mentioned that Gran Torino is a Yoda type character.
I must admit he hides it well. His characters are pretty unique and well written. But indeed it is so.

Now if Deku is Luke then All for One is...

I know like you say everything isn't written in stone. It just might be as it is. And All for One in this chapter really shows how his ideas are corrupted.
He claims to bring peace while in fact enslaving everyone and everything to his. Will.

Jake1456

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
for the all for one being deku's dad there is no evidence for it is just suspicions tho i don't think he is a normal person

ca12nag3

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
for the all for one being deku's dad there is no evidence for it is just suspicions tho i don't think he is a normal person
I don't disagree with you. Though I would say it is better to be prepared for any outcome? At least that is how I read any manga. I don't involve myself in shippingwars either. Yet I would always look for what is possible, sometimes even at what authors say outside and around the story. And previous stories. It is helpful if you feel like analyzing a story and deduct intent and plot lines.
I would not say that there is outrageous evidence but does one need to be hit in the face with it for it to be possible? And the moment there appears a hint, then it is as good as canon.

For instance when Alma was first introduced and the image of the girl appeared " who Kanda knew in a previous life" in DGM I already came with it as theory and provided some circumstantial evidence. Got so badly hammered by haters of the mere idea. Turned out I was right. Now I am not saying I am right here, just that I like to have a open and investigating mind.

Same goes with finding out who the traitor is. I just enjoy the detective side of me to investigate. Other than that I hope we can all enjoy the story as it unfolds.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven’t seen anyone bring this up before as evidence that All For One is Izuku besides tv tropes which All For One was able to use the goo warp quirk on Bakugo which from what I remember the user of this quirk is able to use it on people who are familiar them.

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I haven’t seen anyone bring this up before as evidence that All For One is Izuku besides tv tropes which All For One was able to use the goo warp quirk on Bakugo which from what I remember the user of this quirk is able to use it on people who are familiar them. So All For One shouldn’t have been able to use the goo warp quirk on Bakugo unless All For One is someone Bakugo knows which Bakugo shouldn’t know All For One unless All For One is Izuku’s father.
AFO's teleportation quirk works on anyone, it's just that the range is shorter than Kurogiri's and he can only transport people to himself or to someone he is familiar with.
Teleporting the Nomus to Shigaraki = Shigaraki is the familiar one.
Teleporting everyone to the Nomu factory in Kamino = AFO himself is the teleportation goal.

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
So now Deku has been directly compared to AfO due to his ability to access all 7 quirks contained in OfA, something no one before him was able to do. I don't particularly like this theory but this seems hard to ignore.

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
And the black whips trying to grab people were the first thing to come out, too. It would interest me more than if Deku's father just never shows up. I mean, why not say he died from a heart attack cuz he smoked or something? Or maybe died while Midoriya was really little for no reason stated. That would simply remove the issue.

Or perhaps Hirakoshi will surprise us and his father is a businessman who gets caught up in something and he has to help rescue him oversees. Would be a great way to get him out and see the world. It would be less climactic though...