Discussion - All purpose Art Contest Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion All purpose Art Contest Discussion

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Basically, feel free to discuss anything Seasonal Art Contest related here.

Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Winter 2011 Art Contests *Coming Soon*

Yes,looking forward to it!

And may i mention that the banner looks very cool.Who's the artist?

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

Ooops... I meant to have closed this thread... oh well XD

The banner is only temporary until we can find another, more winter like image. The Artist is xxxxakixxxx.

Since you are here though, we are thinking of adding another category to the contest. It's going to be a Winter themed category: you can submit a fanart or coloring... it just has to be winter oriented. Is this something that everyone will be interested in doing?

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Ooops... I meant to have closed this thread... oh well XD

The banner is only temporary until we can find another, more winter like image. The Artist is xxxxakixxxx.

Since you are here though, we are thinking of adding another category to the contest. It's going to be a Winter themed category: you can submit a fanart or coloring... it just has to be winter oriented. Is this something that everyone will be interested in doing?
Ah,sorry then:XD

I see,thank you.

You mean something similiar to the OP-Strong World contest?I think,if every art form is allowed,it will become one of the more popular categories,mainly because it might attract some artists like photographers or animators or even non-artists.I guess skill won't even matter this much,as the theme is more important,which is another good point,as people won't stop after seeing something technically better.I definitly think it's worth a shot.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Vinty, do you know who made the (new) winter art contest banner? o.O

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

That would be me.

Why, is it that bad?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

No. xD

I was just curious. So every year the banners change for the seasonal contests? I think it's a cool idea. :)

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, thanks. I tried my best, but can't compare to any of you sig makers. * is jealous*

* random thought so don't take it as fact*
Maybe next season, we'll have a little mini contest for the banners? Could be interesting and fun, no?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I was thinking the same thing lol but I didn't want to bring it up...don't ask why. I don't have a reason. >.< Seasonal banner contest(s) would be so cool. :zomg

hahaha...Maybe, we could also change that sig example (by Leen) that's used in the opening post of every sig contest!? :p

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

sounds fun Vintage~

And quick question Vintage - From when to when are sigs entered into the winter comp?

Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

And quick question Vintage - From when to when are sigs entered into the winter comp?
I can answer this question! :whoabunny

The submission dates for the Winter Signature Contest entries will be from December 12, 2010, to March 5, 2011. (It ends that way to allow for the voting phase of that last contest to decide the final entry, and voting for that contest ends on March 12, which shall be four days before the submission period for the other contests end.)

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: All purpose Seasonal Art Contest Discussion

Just to note, this thread has been changed from the Winter Contest thread into a thread similar to the All Purpose Sig Contest thread. Feel free to discuss anything Seasonal Art Contest related here.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

For the Winter 2011 Creativity - Winter Themed Contest =

so it seems like it cant be a collaboration with someone who isnt registered with MH?

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

Collaborations are OK.

Though, I'm not sure about the part of collaborating with someone that isn't part of MH. The rules state:

"If the submission was done as a collaboration, please state the names of everyone who contributed on the description. Make sure everyone who's involved agrees into taking part of the contest!"...

I'll have to discuss this with Tsuki as I'm not familiar with how something like this was handled in the past or if it ever had to be. He or I will get back to you ASAP.

*Update*
As long as the person can be properly credited - we'll allow non MH members to partake in a collaboration.

If the person has an account on another site i.e. DevArt, we are going to require a link along with a name.

Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, If anyone awesome at drawing or something reads this and wants to participate with a partner, message me, and we can come up with a collaboration of something ~

and I just noticed that Im the only one so far with entries into the Winter Sig contest? LOL

Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

and I just noticed that Im the only one so far with entries into the Winter Sig contest? LOL
That's not funny, Coffee~ :-_-

I'm going to change that very soon but good job getting that many in for the seasonal contest. :p

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I got two in before, and they got 2nd and 3rd I think lol

indrid

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I would love to participate, but sadly I just don't read manga anymore. I keep up with bleach every several weeks, but it's gotten very boring and I haven't seen anything particularly inspiring to color.

BUT! If someone wants to suggest a few manga pages/panels they'd like to see all done up, I'll get to it; maybe even rebirth an interest in the medium.

Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Question for the art contest mods: I see someone has entered different artworks into both the advanced and amateur coloring contests. Is this allowed? Because I thought of doing the same thing. With a newer piece in the advanced contest and some older ones in the amateur contest. Just let me know so I don't post them in the wrong place. Thanks.^^

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Good question!

Well, Hystzen posted in those two threads based on my mistake since those are his original artworks and thus belong in the Colored Contest, but if those were eligible for one of the coloring contests, what he did would be okay.

The two different levels of the coloring contests are there for users to compete with users of similar levels of skill. If you are new to coloring or don't feel confident in your coloring skills, use the amateur level. If you are confident in your coloring skills, compete in the advanced level.

If this is your first time entering the coloring contests and you are not sure whether you are an amateur or advanced enough for the advanced level, you can submit into both contests as long as you are submitting two different artworks. This should only be done for your first time while you are uncertain. After your first time, you should be able to get a sense whether you are more comfortable in one level or another.