alphabeta's review of Bakuman 127: Hot Blood and Utter Defeat | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

alphabeta's review of Bakuman 127: Hot Blood and Utter Defeat

When are we gonna see Nanamine next time?

• Next chapter, obviously…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The next meeting of Team Fukuda will feature him as a new member.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • He will be an artist for some other mangaka. (Iwase?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At the moment, we least expect it.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • At Nanamine’s and Kosugi’s wedding.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Bakuman chapter 127 – Hot Blood and Utter Defeat
A review by alphabeta

Short Summary:

Awesome! Simply, AWESOME!!! Well, since saying only these three words would be a little too short of a summary, here we go. Nanamine scares the sh** outta the author of this review, with his kira-style laugh, not forgetting to throw afterwards his laptop (WAY to cliché…) Ashirogi re-reads Nanamine’s first fan-letter to them (sets a *new* mood about Nanamine - pity) Nanamine puts a 180-degree change of attitude. Now it’s him who says his method is fail… his whole life is fail… well, the usual emo-stuff, you know. Next it’s Kosugi’s turn to show his true colors, of being the darkest and most evil being in Bakuman-verse. He shouts, he isn’t listening to his mangaka, he HITS him, he forces him to write names (what other editor is this reminding me of, eh?) Saikou and Shuujin visit the New Year’s party, only to find out that nearly everyone is ahead of ‘em in getting an anime. Shuujin reminds Saikou, that he (Saikou) still’s a virgin (is he?), putting the later one to a nearly dead-from-shock-status. Ashirogi meets Nanamine (my prediction has been right:yelling), with the later one admitting he was wrong, but promising he’ll be back with a brand new method. (Guys, who told ya, it’s gonna be a fair and good one?)

Long Summary:

The chapter starts, where it left off last week (would be strange, if it didn’t). Nanamine apparently read Death Note more than once, if he can copy Light’s laugh so good. Well he tries to pull this trick, seeing whether Kosugi will pee himself, but it doesn’t work. Next Obata wants to prove us that “Bakuman” is not only Ohba, and his stories, but also Obata and his drawings, by showing us how detailed he can draw a laptop. Kosugi, basically repeats my/shuujin’s word’s that Nanamine failed, because he can’t manage all 50 people, and that those 50 people never had any real ideas / advices, in the first place.

Who wins?​

First page, first panel, and I’m already having shivers down my spine. This is what I call scary. Giving Nana completely white eyes was probably, one of the best decisions Obata made in this chapter… just spooky. Re-reading this page I can’t help, but praise Ohba how realistically he portrays Nanamine’s “journey to the depths of insaneness” and Obata how well he draws it.

Next page, Nanamine is back to normal (I take back my words, ‘bout the realistic portrayal), if he’s able to admit, his method has failed. Also on this page Kosugi’s “evolution” starts to slowly shows it’s effect. The Hougyoku hasn’t completely absorbed him by now, and he can still talk normally, but you can already feel, that it’s not the same old Kosugi we’re looking at, but a new one.

Meanwhile, Hattori orders to give him more screen time, and appears alongside the two protagonists of our story – Saikou and Shuujin. Saikou’s reading Nana’s first fan-letter to them. Shuujin proves once again, that his prediction-abilities are rather poor, by saying Nana’s probably not going to turn over a leaf…

After reading this part, something interesting happens. This is the first time Nanamine is not portrayed as evil… he’s portayed as… pitiful, yes pitiful, after reading this, Ohba wants us to pity Nanamine. He was such a good boy, and now he’s become so bad (basically like Medaka’s logic. Read Medaka box, if you haven’t already)

I’m… too sexy for my shirt… too sexy for my shirt​

Camera switches back to Nana’s super-secret hideout, whose location only God knows (aside from Kosugi). It’s basically one big episode covering ten whole pages. (Nearly) everything worth mentioning in this chapter happens in these pages. First of all, Nanamine’s complete change of attitude. Now he pulls the everything-is-fail-but-i-won’t-stop-you-from-trying-to-convince-me-show. Nothing Kosugi SAYS can make him change his mind. He made a promise, if he loses he’ll start over new? He lost WAY too uncool. It’s not too late to make the chapters rise in rakings? HOW?! They won’t know until they try (YAOI-ALARM)! Nanamine is telling Kosugi, he knows it won’t work. (One of the most used logics in the world – “Why?” - “Because i’m telling ya.”)

Seeing as nothing he SAYS can convince Nanamine, Kosugi let’s the Hougyoku take control over him and… HITS, HE FU***** HITS NANAMINE. Now, this is what I (and probably everyone else) could’ve never predicted. Kosugi – the four-eyes weakling is actually physically STRONGER than Nanamine?!

Everyone, who said, that Ohba's stories lack violence… you have just been officially:pwned

But I gotta give Nana credit for the reaction he chose. Sueing Kosugi for assault… that’s pretty… original. However, Kosugi has gotten a liking to using force, and HITS, HE FU***** HITS NANAMINE, A SECOND TIME!!! Apperantly, Nanamine’s not the only one who’s gone crazy, because now Kosugi, wants Nanamine to call the cops, so that they can arrest him, and put an end to his editor-career. Then we see a panel, with he** knows who, holding an iphone, he** knows where he/she took it.

Next page, is just chit-chat between Nana x Kosugi. The important stuff comes on page 9. I could write billions of super-interesting thoughts, but the easiest way to describe what I want to say is looking at my next “taken-out-of-context-pic”.

Nanamine’s reaction is understandable…

Honestly, this whole chapter has SO many indirect, indications to yaoi, I can’t believe it. Really, I counted them. There are eleven speech bubbles, which can be taken out of context and two panels. More than some other manga manage to create in 100 chapters (Naruto doesn’t count). O.K. Back to review. After this… statement of Kosugi’s (dunno how to describe it any other way), Nanamine decides to add to his list of accusations the point of confinement (gotta go look it up in a dictionary:p). Well, Nanamine gets tired of this, and decides to go home, but Kosugi steps in front of him, preventing him from leaving (like Iruka in the last chap of Naruto :p).

Dunno how, but Nanamine made Kosugi state his motto, that Jump needs more “hot-bloodedness”, “uncouthness” and “smell of sweat” (gotta go look up the second one in a dictionary :fail).

Page 10, the infamous “I love you, Nanamine”-page. However, before we go the point of me bashing reasonably thinking about Nana x Kosugi, there’s something else worth noticing. Kosugi, after being taken over completely by the Hougyoku can’t even think to do something else, besides fighting, so he tells Nanamine he has to defeat him, if he wants to get out. Want me to move – defeat me. Want me to tell what time it is – defeat me. Want me to stop saying bullsh** - defeat me… Well, you can see what I mean.

This… is… just… disgusting…​

2.30 a.m. Somewhere in Tokyo-underground. A certain editor forces his mangaka to write a name, by sitting behind his back -_-;. However, due to the constant use of the power of the hougyoku Kosugi starts feeling the side-effects and falls asleep. Nanamine, finally seeing an opening to escape, gets ready, and already opens the door, BUT… he doesn’t… he opens it only a little, and starts thinking ‘bout his life… he thinks… he thinks, again… he decides to become a good boy-_-;

An unspecified amount of hours later, Kosugi’s body finally makes some moves, with it’s owner waking up, shocked, to see an empty desk (an editor doesn’t notice a name lying on a desk ?) He shouts out “Nanamine!”, and… Nana enters the room, holding a cup of coffee in his hand.

Now, I’d like, to make a little stop here. I’ve re-read this chapter quite a number of times, and each time I noticed this very panel. I couldn’t tell what’s so “special” about it, but now I think I understand. The way he comes back to the story, the words he uses, the cup of coffee in his hand, basically everything is telling us, that this is a new Nanamine. I wouldn’t call it “cool”, it just “different”. Anyway, Nana gives Kosugi the name, he made by himself, with Kosugi being definitely happier, now that things are going his way. Yeah, Nana also decides to counter Kosugi’s cool words, by saying something cool himself. It’s a given, that’s he’s going to get canceled blah, blah, blah (VERY COOL… -_-;)

Finally remembered something, didn’t ya, Saikou?​

Slowly, but safely we are coming to the end of this review (like hell :yelling). Ashirogi arrives at the new years party, pretty much more confident, than at their first time :p. Of course what party can go without our all-time-favourite - Hiramaru. (You guys a couple :XD). We see a panel, of Light’s girlfriend Iwase. Her anime’s ending. (Possible future match-up with Nana). Fukuda’s getting an anime, heck, even Takahama’s getting a TV drama… wait, THAT GUY gets a TV drama. THAT GUY GETS A TV DRAMA?! Someone, explain me WT* is going on?

Jokes aside, we finally get some movements to the main plot of Bakuman – Ashirogi’s anime. With both Fukuda and Takahama getting their works on the TV, Ashirogi seems pretty… small, dunno. I already said this, but they have only two options now. Either making a new anime-approved-manga, either drastically changing PCP. (Everyone, who says this is impossible. You guys were all saying it would be impossible for Ashirogi to beat the sh** out of Nanamine, by themselves. Well, they did.)

Finally, my prediction about Ashirogi and Nanamine meeting in person comes true :yelling. Nanamine, who’s looking ridiculously cool now :p, is sitting in a woah-I’m-so-cool-when-i-close-my-eyes-pose. Yoshi-sugi (Kosugi fusioned with Yoshida) greets Ashirogi. Yoshi-sugi tries to talk to Ashirogi, but Nana prevents him from leaking any top-secret information. He gets up, greeting Ashirogi, with only Shuujin being able to answer correctly. (“good evening” my a**). He goes to the point, (and I to the end of this damned review). Nana: I lose. You win, but *terminator-style* I’ll be back. Ashirogi: Yeah, we’ll be waiting, and when you come back in 2-3 years we’ll still have only a manga, and no anime -_-;

THE END… no, wait, there’s another pic :p

Nanamine
l
l
l
l
l
v

That makes up my review of the chapter… (Who said, this makes up my whole review :p)

My Thoughts:

Gimme a break… I don’t have any power left, to write anything else… just read my “(fu***** ridiculously) Long Summary” and find out my opinion.

*fainting*

Small Details:

Everyone who predicted the world’s death any date before 2016... you have been just officially :pwned

Predictions:

Ya trying to mock me?! I got no power left, to even publish this review, much less than predict anything, like Ashirigo FINALLY making moves to get a new anime-approved-manga… wait, did I just predict something :fail

P.S. Woah, I just finished my second review… haha *Nanamine/Kira-style-laugh*. I think I’ll go insane, if I don’t think of a way, to shorten my reviews… Anyway, as you guys have noticed I made some changes to this review. First, I removed the “What would people say” part, simply because I didn’t like it, after re-reading that review. Yeah, as to dedications, this review goes to… TheUnderscore, for his *overscore* good reviews. Keep up those reviews, of yours, and I might… stop, this is the wrong text… Well, simply keep making good reviews :-) (Anyone, who read my first review, should get the pun I just used…)

After you went through all the trouble to read my review (and comment it:yelling) here are the picture’s I promised in my last review. Also, worth noticing is, that this is my last time doing stand-alone pictures. Starting from my next review, I’ll do the Bakuman / Deathnote crossover, I was talking about. More information about it, in the “Bonus”-section.

Bonus:

In this one, the Yotsuba group, with their new leader – nanamine, discuss what to do with the ex-editor. Originally, I didn’t create it especially for this review, but since I already made it, why not feature it in here…

A tribute to Nanamine, well, at least to the bad Nanamine, we’re all gonna miss, I’m sure. R.I.P Bad Nanamine.

Nana x Nakai. The infamous picture I’ve been telling you about in one of my previous posts. Note, that I made this before spoilers for 127 came out, so the whole NanaxKosugi thing wasn’t discussed that much, as it is now. However, if you’re gonna keep on requesting me to make one, I’ll break my promise I made some bare minutes ago, a make specially a stand-alone pic with NanaxKosugi on it.

All feminists-bakuman-readers and Shuujin-is-as-good-as-an-angel-aside-the-fact-that-he’s-based-on-probably-the-most-evil-character-in-the-manga-universe-theory-followers… Please, spare my life, after reading this picture of mine…

NaruxSasu NanaxKosugi. Kinda hard to recognize Nana at first, isn't it? :p Anyway, if you like this pic, thank me, if you don't... well, you can spend the rest of your life trying to hunt me down :-_-

Now as to that Bakuman x Death Note crossover, I’ve been shouting about so much lately. I’m not gonna spoil ya, but here’s some info. First of all, the story will be based around the events of Death Note, only with Bakuman characters instead of Death Note one’s. That aside, I’ve decided so far only on one character, Ryuku – Hattori, so you can post your wishes / suggestions as to who’s gonna play who. Maybe I’ll actually use one of your options (‘course you’ll be featured in the credit’s page, if that’s the case). Only thing I can add is the Logo I decided to use for it.

P.S. You can guess the name of the crossover, don’t you?

Last edited:

akoftroy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

R4n

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Last edited: