1. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. Thank you for participating in this years FT Awards. The winners of each category have been decided, please check them out!
  5. The Waifu Wars 2017 are over. Time for applause!
  6. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.

7. Congratulations Seraph for winning the Dystopia short story contest!, and well done to the other participants!.
    New Week, New Contest!
    Freestyle time!. The theme is Manhwa.

Voting has begun for the Color & Black and white photography contest contest!.
  8. Dear members of the Fairy Tail section, please keep in mind that according to our rules spamming as well as bashing are forbidden. Violation will be dealt with accordingly.
  9. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Alvarez Arc Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail' started by Firepower, Jan 25, 2016.

?

Natsu's strongest power

1. Dragon Force

12.9%
  2. Igneel's power

8.1%
  3. Power of END

1.6%
  4. Flames of Savage Emotion

69.4%
  5. Other (specify in comments)

8.1%
  1. Nemispelled

Nemispelled Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

United States

Really?

If Wendy's magic pales in comparison to Irene, as you say, then explain to me why Irene had her spells canceled twice by Base Wendy. (In the first 2 panels)

Clearly, the "power of a dragon" got outclassed by the "power of a child with high potential".

Crescent_jinxgrace likes this.
  2. Woodenstool

Woodenstool Banned

United States
    Irene fireball spell is a causally idgaf spell. Natsu could've broken it, Gray could've froze it.

3. Laxus pwns natsu

Laxus pwns natsu Registered User

United States
    Ok so what's the argument? Ur not making sense they are disadvantages and advantages in fights but u pick and choose base on if u think it's impressive or not. U believe august is top tier despite his advantages u think AF is top tier becuase of his advantage. But u don't see acno as top tier becuase he has an advantage? That is bias there.

that roar was meant to kill/put damage hence y he said "that ur still alive??" I mean if a causal roar from base natsu can oneshot bluenote why can't a causal roar oneshot a bunch of wizards.

No go reread the chapter he said this is a how serious a dragon can be being serious=/going all out.

I'm just ignoring that paragraph cuz I don't see why u keep bring that up

I already told u if anything that means he has slow traveling speed.

That his Traveling speed not his combat speed 2 different. We saw him blitz August and Jacob which lead to oneshotting GS. Lol u funny guess august has low combat speed becuase Cana manage to put up a block when august used meteor. Or that END and DES POF GRAY both have slow combat speed becuase erza both blocked their attacks casually.

AF and GMG dragons isn't top tier worthy becuase he could kill/put damage to bunch of wizards when they had the chance

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Jean Grey likes this.
  4. Woodenstool

Woodenstool Banned

United States
    The whole chase between the ship and Acnologia was all plot.

5. Nemispelled

United States

Yeah, and Wendy was able to nullify that spell in the most casual way possible.

She instantly canceled the blast without even breathing heavily or sustaining fatigue.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2017 ---

Actually no, August is completely different. He managed to obtain some good feats, even without his Magic Nullification being a factor. I'll list some examples:

- August tanked an Empyrean punch from Gildartz

- He would have vaporized Magnolia if Gildartz hadn't intercepted him on top of Kardia Cathedral

- He put up a decent fight & dealt some damage to Gildartz, even without using his Copy Magic

I don't see any bias. It's a fair analysis.

August managed to go toe-to-toe with Fairy Tail's strongest S-Class, Gildartz Clive. That's a legendary feat if you ask me.

Natsu meant to oneshot Bluenote with his roar. Atlas Flame didn't.

I'm simply going by the manga, what else can I say?

And the "dragons being serious" statement was made by Sting, not Mashima.

I don't find that statement trustworthy in the least.

How does GMG Sting even know the full-power of that specific dragon? It's impossible.

He simply said it out of shock & panic. It was a dramatic literary device.

Acnologia blitz God Serena because the dude was a total fool.

He was arrogant and let his guard down, that's Serena's fault.

Acnologia has poor Movement Speed because he struggled to catch up to Christina.

Acnologia has slow Attack Speed because he had his attack blocked by Jellal's casual shield at point-blank range.

6. Laxus pwns natsu

United States
    And all of those feats U mention anco did better without being serious so again what's ur point?. I mean I guess he couldn't beat gildartz without using ars magia right?? But u didn't say he has low intelligence becuase he didn't need to do that he could trash gildartz by using other spells. And he has low combat speed when Cana manage to put a block to his attack. Ur making excuses for ur logic when is very flawed.

What??? Stop it bro u clearly read what AF said but yet ur in denial his roar was meant to oneshot them when he realized that he couldn't meaning because they were wizards (till not a value excuse according to ur logic) which means he need to a bit more serious. I'm also going by the manga says but ur tryna twist it around becuase ur logic doesn't go by ur favor.

What? I don't understand what that has to do with anything is hiro him self inside the manga? He the author who put those statements ( although some might be debunked easily) so that is irrelevant. Again BEING SERIOUS DOESNT MEAN USING FULL POWER/GOING ALL OUT I said this many many times but U keep ignoring that sting never said they was going full power he said these dragons are serious.

He was a fool yes but that doesn't change the fact anco speed feats wasn't impressive he blitz passed august and Jacob again that he not using all out.

Yes anco has poor traveling speed (if I want to agree with u which I'm not) not combat speed no the difference. (U keep ignoring that fact) happy has better traveling speed than gildartz but gildartz in combat blitz happy. But we know gildartz oneshot happy unless ur saying happy wouldn't get oneshotted
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2017 ---
    Ok I didn't disagree with that I'm just using his logic here

7. Nemispelled

United States

I don't know how Acnologia did better. He couldn't even kill an exhausted Base Wendy and Erza at point-blank range because Jellal blocked his attack with a casual shield.

Then, in his dragon form, he struggled just to catch up to Christina and got rammed several times by that airship.

He even lost to 7 critically injured DS, most of them in their base forms.

August's feats completely outclass Acnologia's performance.

Atlas Flame's statement is legitimate. He said that the casual roar wasn't meant to kill wizards.

At the end of the day, he was easily competing on the likes of Motherglare & Future Rogue. That's enough proof that he was serious about his comment.

I don't see the point of bringing up the "dragon are being serious" statement. If "serious =/= going all out", then I fail to understand your point there.

And considering Acnologia was only a few yards away from God Serena, I would hardly call that impressive.

Most top-tier characters can achieve the same feat.

Acnologia also has slow attack speed. He had his attack blocked by Jellal's shield at close proximity.

Gildartz actually has better movement speed than Happy in a fight... he's even faster than August.

Happy can fly, so over large distances, he would naturally cover more ground.

8. Woodenstool

Woodenstool Banned

United States
    HIRO MASHIMA DOES NOT KILL OF CHARACTETE BECAUSE HES TOO ATTACHED TO HIS FICTIONAL CHARACTERS.

9. Nemispelled

United States

I understand that.

But that doesn't excuse Acnologia's dumb mistakes and getting rammed by Christina several times.

His attack was blocked by Jellal and he has airship-tier speed.

10. Laxus pwns natsu

United States
    Bro.... what august did to gildartz acno did years ago by taking his arm and legs august couldn't beat blitz a mere Cana. Acno tanked a ingeel roar. August couldn't even kill/oneshot Cana. He couldn't oneshot happy or mest with the fire pillar. Ur logic is debunked when august knows he couldn't stand a chance vs anco. Anco slays ingeel twice august cant beat a dragon even at 50% so plz stop this madness. Ya but ur leaving out at the rest of the continent helped out on beating him even when he was at 50% :cookiehand:cookiehand

No he didn't stop making up lies go reread the panels he was shocked that they were alive it was meant to oneshot/put damage until he realized they were the wizards. But a causal roar can't oneshot a bunch a fodders exchausted wizards. Ya he was going all out against MF but wasn't against bunch a wizards that the difference.

Example natsu oneshotting a god he was serious but he didn't use his full power. If he wasn't serious he would use a causal spell to oneshot the god.

Oh really who? Give me ppl. Cuz august and gildartz and gildartz can't
    August couldn't oneshot Cana. Gildartz couldnt oneshot a weaker GS some1 anco did against with a stronger GS. Lol by ur logic august has low attack speed becuase gildartz saved Cana. Just like how jellal saved erza.

Exactly u prove my point happy has better traveling speed and gildartz has better combat speed. Same logic apply with laxus too

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  11. Woodenstool

Woodenstool Banned

United States
    Acnologia is like Conor Mcgre... he's been untouched for so long.

12. Nemispelled

United States

Current Gildartz is a lot stronger than Pre-TS Gildartz. By that argument, August stomped Jellal & CS while Acnologia had his attack blocked by Jellal's casual shield.

August not killing Cana is understandable because Gildartz was in the way. He would never let Cana die.

August would have killed Happy and Mest with the Fire Pillar if Irene hadn't gone in and screwed things up so badly.

Theoretically, August could just copy Acnologia's magic and cancel it. So we don't know how a fight between them would have ended.

"Being surprised" at somebody's power isn't enough evidence to judge the winner of a battle.

Acnologia is a dragon. A continent full of exhausted wizards who just finished fighting in a nation-scale war shouldn't be tough for a dragon to beat.

But that's besides the point because a healthy Human Acnologia couldn't even kill 7 critically injured DS. 90% of them were in base form too.

We have no clue how strong Atlas Flame's roar was. He stated that the roar was not meant to kill wizards, so why should we deny his claim?

Many top-tiers have blitz their opponents before... Gildartz, August, Gray, Laxus, Mard Geer, and Natsu are all examples of wizards who have blitzed their enemies.

Acnologia's speed against an off-guarded God Serena wasn't the first time we've seen that kind of move.

And no, "speed" isn't something you can measure easily by a single statement.

There are specific guidelines and conditions which have to be analyzed.

Gildartz has better movement speed than Happy in direct combat.

Happy can cover more ground in long distance transportation because he can fly.

Gildartz moves faster, but Happy has aerial advantage.

13. Woodenstool

Woodenstool Banned

United States
    Didn't Gildarts run like 100 miles to get his bag back from Natsu?

14. Laxus pwns natsu

United States
    Doesn't matter serious anco oneshots. The same august that couldn't beat gildartz and Cana. The same august that admitted he has no chance vs anco bro u reaching too hard.

Same logic anco wasn't able to kill Wendy and erza was becuase jellal and Christina came to save them. Jellal wouldn't let erza die neither does every1 on the ship would have let them die :cookiehand.

No the fire pillar was till on Intact be4 Irene used U1 and that alone couldn't oneshot/kill fodder wizards.

Theoretically my ass stop making these up things august admitted he doesn't stand a chance.

lol where did I said that? Mixing my words again.

Same logic apply with AF a causal roar shouldn't be a problem to oneshot a group a fodders exchausted wizards.

Ya becuase he was serious the whole time fighting the 7DS right?:cookiehand Using one finger to play with them also destroy them without going all out/being serious even at half his power 50%. It's funny how u bring up how he lost when u agree he lost because of plot.

just like we don't know how much power anco on his causal attack :cookiehand. So why was he surprised that they were till alive if it wasn't meant to kill/oneshot? I mean u consider him top tier dragon. causal roar from a top tier dragon should oneshot exhausted wizards right?

Lol anco blitz 3 people which includs august and oneshot GS who gildartz couldn't do against a historia. Lol he was offguard? when he ready and powered up to fight him but ok. August stop Jacob from getting the same treatment saying they don't stand a chance but ok u keep making more excuses.

Exactly that my point I never classified speed with one statement I specify the difference between traveling speed and combat speed but u are in denial that anco was using traveling speed not combat speed

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 2:25 AM
  15. Nemispelled

United States

It's not about what August and Acnologia couldn't do. We know they will not be able to kill any of the main characters.

It's about what they could've done.

August fought Gildartz in a serious battle and was a threat to Magnolia (close to vaporizing it). Throughout the entire fight, August consistently provided acceptable feats and even managed to give Gildartz a tough time.

The same cannot be said for Acnologia. He was rammed several times by a mechanical airship, one of which even pushed him into the timelapse. Not only that, but he was casually blocked by Jellal and struggled to catch up to Christina.

Those are not feats of a top-tier dragon.

August meets the threshold of a top tier Spriggan.

But Acnologia has feats equivalent to a low-tier dragon.

No, the full effect of August's fire pillar was completely neutralized by Irene's Universe One. There's no mistake about that.

While the fire pillar was still intact, Natsu stated that he was able to negate a portion of the spell due to the heat properties that it contained.

Acnologia didn't even have to kill any of the 7 DS.

He simply could have knocked them out. But he couldn't even do that much.

Making up excuses isn't going to make Acnologia look any better. The dude has bottom-tier dragon feats, which are proven by the pages of the manga.

Acnologia's travel speed is basically his blitz speed, there's nothing impressive about that.

Many top-tier characters have blitzed their opponents before with equal or even faster speed..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 2:07 AM
  16. Jko

Jko Registered User

United States
    Lol Acno would curb August. He's undisputed top dog in the verse and was only stopped bcs of plot. He never took the 7DS as a threat and needed them alive so he could use their bodies to circulate the Ravine's of Time. August pissed his pants when he saw Acno. He wouldn't even have the guts to one on one him.

Laxus pwns natsu likes this.
  17. Laxus pwns natsu

United States
    But yet u keep contradicting urself by saying that statement when u know that he clearly nerfed

Anco was a threat to the world hence the evey1 from the continent plus 7DS inside his dimension needed to stop him. The fact almost broke out and restricted from the outside to attack back at natsu (7DSM) speaks volumes u haven't shown me that ingeel and the other dragons can perform the same feat.

If u read the chapter u know why he didn't instantly catch the ship I have said several times but yet u keep ingored the fact it was plot that prevent him.

He has proven to be a top tier dragon when he has slays dragons and played with humans idc why u don't see that.

Same logic august can solo jellal but if he fought Wendy he have very hard time putting her down why?? Cuz it's FT

No go read the chapter u can see the explosion all the way from the guild be4 Irene cast U1. Doesn't matter the power the natsu negated couldn't oneshot mest. Does that mean he isn't a top tier sprrigan.

I gave u facts but u choose to ignore them but u felt that it's "cheap move"

It's that case then ingeel can't instantly blitz Christina. And the parents dragons>ingeel in speed.

Ya they have which is why the are top tiers bro because they blitz strong powerful opporents

18. Nemispelled

United States

Every villain in this manga was nerfed to a certain extent. Mashima didn't just single out Acnologia.

Zeref, August, Mard Geer, and Hades were all nerfed so that FT could win. That doesn't mean that the villain had to underperform.

Mard Geer and Hades clearly put up a better fight than Acnologia did. And Acnologia had more potential than both the former villains combined.

The fact is that Acnologia had the most embarrassing feats.

- Getting rammed by Christina twice, one of which pushed him into the timelapse

- Had his attack blocked by Jellal's casual shield

- Struggled a lot just to catch up to Christina

How can somebody be "a threat to the world" with these kind of results in their track record?

The actual appearance of the explosion is quite irrelevant. August's fire pillar is a heat-based spell.

Before Universe One was casted, the damage was solely coming from the spell's heat properties. It never reached its full effect (ex. exploding/vaporizing).

Therefore, Natsu negating the heat damage significantly decreased the overall impact of August's fire pillar.

That's when Irene's U1 messed August up & "saved/revived" Gajeel.

Acnologia blitzing GS isn't even an impressive feat to begin with.

Plenty of top-tier mages have achieved equal or faster movement speed, such as Gildartz.

Seven777 likes this.
  19. Laxus pwns natsu

United States
    Exactly but we know that those characters are stronger than them.

They "preformed better" cuz when went all out anco didn't.

Anco didn't all out against any1 in this arc. And I hope ur not saying these characters r above acno.

He didn't instantly catch because we needed to know who Anna was plus the explaination of time lapse I don't see any struggle from that.

We have seen top tier character attacks being tanking/blocking by lower tier characters I guess their feats r embarrassing feats by ur logic

He has a track records of slays dragons and humans for centuries obviously he was a threat to the world.

I know natsu negated but even negated version didn't put damage on a fodder like happy. Does that mean august isn't impressive?.

Cool by ur logic august blitzing gildartz isn't impressive either.

Since we have seen top tier characters perform the same feats or better

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 1:12 AM
    Jko likes this.
  20. Nemispelled

United States

I'm pretty sure all the villains went "all out". Acnologia tried just as hard to win as Zeref, Mard Geer, and Hades did.

He didn't instantly catch Christina because he wasn't fast enough. It has nothing to do with Anna explaining the timelapse.

Even the exceeds were able to lure Acnologia to the Ice Ship at Hargeon. Anna had nothing to do with that. Not only was Christina faster than Acnologia, but so were the exceeds. Acnologia's speed was consistently proven to be "slow" throughout the manga, it's as simple as that.

And no, I never said Acnologia blitzing God Serena is an embarrassing feat. It's average at best.

It it top-tier dragon worthy? No.

Is it impressive or out of the ordinary? No.

The point of Natsu negating August's spell was to subdue the damage to a level where his allies could tolerate it. Otherwise it would defeat the entire purpose of the word "negate".

That's why Happy and Mest were even able to survive the blast in the first place.