Politics American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
At a glance, yes. Democrats that identify as conservative only make up a minority. Bear in mind though that many Democrats, especially black voters, feel compelled to vote Democratic because of peer pressure. In private, they're receptive to voting Republican. Bear in mind too that politics is like identifying with your favorite football team. People identify as "liberal" because they identify with the Democratic Party, but they are operationally conservative instead of being operationally liberal.
Not to be overly pedantic or anything, but there's no hard data to back something like this up, as it's mostly anecdotal. Not saying it's flawed or anything, but peer pressure can go both ways. The community in which you exist can be hostile to whatever is less popular. There's plenty of liberal voters in the south and midwest who aren't open about it for the same reasons.

There's also a stark difference between voting for the "opposite" party in municipal and state elections and voting for them in federal elections. I've voted multiple times for my county councilman despite him being Republican. Granted, the sort of policy municipal officials have a hand is mostly no-brainer things like repairing roads or building new schools but yeah.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just say "black people are generally socially conservative" instead of just saying we're conservative period?

Because the conservative beliefs revolve around religion and lgbtq+ stuff and that's about it. I super hate how long it's taking us to progress with the rest of America on that front, but I won't lie and claim we're there yet.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Completely sane and well-adjusted group of people that totally value human life

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Isn't that kinda trafficking people? How is it not a straight up crime?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Isn't that kinda trafficking people? How is it not a straight up crime?
Kinda?

I guess the federal government would need to prosecute or something. Which... I'm not sure why they don't. Probably Democrats just being chickenshit again. We already know the next congress is going to try to impeach Biden, so who gives a shit IMO.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Completely sane and well-adjusted group of people that totally value human life
shit like this is why Abbott is going to win again unless Dems find a way to ensure majority of Dems can vote.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

And yet he's taking American tax dollars in the form of Ukrainian aid to help keep internet access during the war.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Kinda?

I guess the federal government would need to prosecute or something. Which... I'm not sure why they don't. Probably Democrats just being chickenshit again. We already know the next congress is going to try to impeach Biden, so who gives a shit IMO.
Oh ok, so I am not missing anything here. I figured there could be some sort of loophope as to why someone is even allowed to drop illegal immigrants at the VP's home. There's plenty of instances at the US where crime is basically legal so it's kinda hard to tell when something is legal and when something is just democrats being cartoonishly craven.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Oh ok, so I am not missing anything here. I figured there could be some sort of loophope as to why someone is even allowed to drop illegal immigrants at the VP's home. There's plenty of instances at the US where crime is basically legal so it's kinda hard to tell when something is legal and when something is just democrats being cartoonishly craven.
My guess is the bus was chartered by Abbott's office, so it's not a matter of the capitol police or the FBI arresting anyone per se, but a matter of subpoenas being sent to him or whoever arranged it.

Or hey, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass and there really is no legal route to take here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Self-described christian fascist who has unironically argued for pedophilia as long as it's in a religious context
--- Double Post Merged, ---

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My guess is the bus was chartered by Abbott's office, so it's not a matter of the capitol police or the FBI arresting anyone per se, but a matter of subpoenas being sent to him or whoever arranged it.

Or hey, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass and there really is no legal route to take here.
Subpoenas? This sounds like fairly conventional crime so.. wouldn't actual criminal investigations make more sense? Now that I think about it this has happened before and there have never been investigations as far as I know. Where is abott even getting illegal immigrants from? Is he using public resources for this nonsense?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Subpoenas? This sounds like fairly conventional crime so.. wouldn't actual criminal investigations make more sense? Now that I think about it this has happened before and there have never been investigations as far as I know. Where is abott even getting illegal immigrants from? Is he using public resources for this nonsense?
Well yeah, I was assuming there was a crime that could be prosecuted. Yeah, Desantis did the same thing in Florida. That was even more deranged though because it was on Martha's Vineyard, so they couldn't just put random people on a bus, they had to make them board an airplane.

There's things like this, but nothing criminal. And yeah, Desantis has allocated $12m dollars for these stunts supposedly.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The fuck? how is burning 12 million dollars worth of public money for a straight up political stunt not absurdly illegal? Don't really have much to add here past this. Like, you'd think crime would be illegal.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It might actually be very illegal, but it's the state government doing it so the feds would have to make an issue of it. And just like the filibuster bullshit, Democrats are cowards because they're afraid of reprisal.

Thank god we have judicial committee members asking nominees what a woman is and not moving forward with impeachment proceedings for Thomas

And yet this small-faced, grifting piece of trash and those of his ilk would scream bloody murder at anyone for "politicizing" a mass shooting.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

I don't want to laugh but

When do you think GOP voters will realize most of these people have no real policies? Never, right?

This has to be a DNC-sponsored PsyOp at this point...

Why is an outlet like MSNBC willing to platform this clown? Feed into this obvious attention play those 20 republicans are doing for the sake of ratings?

It just feels absurd to see Democrats gleefully rejoice in this nonsense just because it's happening to political adversaries.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Happy Insurrection Day!

Republicans on they radical bullshit on the actual floor. Fucking clown world.

EDIT: Referring to Mike Rogers from Alabama getting ready to beat Matt Gaetz' ass lol.

xi0 said:
I don't want to laugh but

When do you think GOP voters will realize most of these people have no real policies? Never, right?
They don't need policies. They just need to tow the party line.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

It's really unfortunate that this neo-fash turd was the one to put forth this bill, because it's actually long overdue. Doubt it'll ever pass though, since despite the name being funny it would cost Republican Congressmen and Senators too much money.

Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Probably did it for show to get support from republicans and independents, unless hes just jealous he sucks at stocks.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Idk if this is interesting to you but on my YouTube feed I stumbled upon someone called Carl Phillip Trump, who is an actual german relative of the Trump family and a mentally deranged (?) communist and former legal LSD derivate dealer, former because well he apparently at some point took in the money but no longer sent out the drugs and is still continuing with this practice, claiming that the LSD has been robbed from him and he needs to keep the shop going to keep up this business.

Idk, the first video I watched by a german influencer painted him as a shizohreniac deranged guy who doesn't even take drugs himself but instead is overdosed with ADHD and psychosis pills, but further research on a channel about him and likely his own even if it claims otherwise he claims he had a huge drug career, and digging further into it it more and more appears to be an act, most likely due to the above or maybe just for the lulz. He also claims he is watched by German secret service and frequently calls them by phone on his stream and sends out sex toys to lawyers and politicians he is in conflict with, gives weird diet tipps about diets consisting only of Toblerone chocolate bars...
He is intellectual and has an elitarian but weird for germans (Jesuit college) background that also doesn't quite fit either with the communist or LSD dealer image and everything is just weird about that guy.

And the dumbest thing is that being a tall broadfaced blonde he looks much more like an relative of the actual Trump than any of his plastically altered children :D

Anyways, if anyone needs a "source" on how Trump might have psychosis in his genetic background, there you go...