Assorted - Amimaru Is Recruiting Freelance Typesetters and Translators: French, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Chinese, Korean | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Assorted Amimaru Is Recruiting Freelance Typesetters and Translators: French, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Chinese, Korean

Amimaru Manga

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hi everyone,

Amimaru Translation and Localization Services translates and typesets (including cleaning and re-drawing) manga for various Japanese and other companies around the world.

Our Homepage: http://www.amimaru.com

We are looking for freelance typesetters, translators, quality checkers and proofreaders to work on manga localization projects. This will be a paid freelancer job. We are looking for those who can work from:
Japanese to French, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin American Spanish, English, Chinese, or Korean.
English to French, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin American Spanish.

We require the following:

For typesetters and quality checkers:
- You know how to remove the Japanese text from a raw image and redraw the missing parts in Photoshop (only for typesetters and editors).
- You have great lettering skills and are familiar with manga / cartoons lettering (only for typesetters and editors).

For all positions:
- You are open minded and willing to improve your skills.
- Preferably minimum capacity of 200 pages of manga per month or more.

Please send your applications to the following email address: hr「at」amimaru.com.

If you don't have any previous work samples, that's fine. We will ask you to complete a manga typesetting test. This means anyone can apply, as long as they're interested in manga typesetting / translation.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Firestar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I would like yo go fror the position of typesetter while working a
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hi everyone,

Amimaru Translation and Localization Services is a start-up company that translates and typesets manga for various Japanese and other companies around the world.

Our Homepage

We are now looking for new freelance typesetters to work on a large scale manga translation project as well as smaller projects. We are also recruiting JP->EN translators. This will be a paid freelancer job.

- You know how to remove the Japanese text from a raw image and redraw the missing parts. (Photoshop)
- You have great lettering skills and are familiar with manga / cartoons lettering.

Please send your applications to the following email address: localization「at」amimaru.com or reply on this thread.

If you don't have any previous work samples, that's fine. We will ask you to complete a manga typesetting test. This means anyone can apply, as long as they're interested in manga typesetting / translation.

Thank you.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I would like to go for tye position of typesetting but would like to work from my home. Thankyou

proacttv

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Amimaru Translation and Localization Services is a start-up company that translates and typesets manga for various Japanese and other companies around the world.

Our Homepage

We are now looking for new freelance typesetters to work on a large scale manga translation project as well as smaller projects. We are also recruiting JP->EN translators. This will be a paid freelancer job.

- You know how to remove the Japanese text from a raw image and redraw the missing parts. (Photoshop)
- You have great lettering skills and are familiar with manga / cartoons lettering.

Please send your applications to the following email address: localization「at」amimaru.com or reply on this thread.

Thank you.
Hello. I would like to apply for the position of JP -> EG translator, if it's open.
(I can typeset as well, but sadly I use a different software for editing images, not photoshop.)

Siyuan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to apply to do translation, please. Do I have to be able to typeset as well or is it a separate position?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd like to apply to do translation, please. Do I have to be able to typeset as well or is it a separate position?
I'm not sure if they'd actually want to pay you for both of them if you do end up both Translating and Typesetting.

Amaryllis

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Greetings,
I am interested and would love to apply for the typesetter position. The link at the bottom are the chapters of a manga in which I have done the typesetting on, however I am still willing to take the typesetting test if needed.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fu08m6fueqyr49t,hq9p0edq2061t8l,nwyo38gckir5m5d/shared

Hi everyone,

Our Homepage

Thank you.

Amimaru Manga

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Thank you everyone for your posts!

Our business is expanding, and we are looking for more typesetters, translators and editors
(quality checkers) to join our project in English and potentially Arabic,
French, Swedish and other languages. Due to the significant volume of work, we are
currently looking for those who can complete at least 200 pages a month. If
you can manage more than 200 pages per month, or if you know someone who can,
we are very happy to hear from you.

If you could drop me an email to hr(at) amimaru.com with information on how many pages you can
manage per month, we will get in touch with you to proceed with the recruitment
process. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Last edited:

Kokoro1597

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi!
I would like to apply for Typesetter. I am able to do 200 pages a month maybe more and have experience with Photoshop.
I would like to be given a test in advance so you can see my work.
Thanks!

Amimaru Manga

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Dear Kokoro,

Thank you very much for your interest. Could you please send an email to hr「at」amimaru.com together with a brief description of your experience in typesetting? We will start the recruitment process as soon as we receive your email.

Thank you very much.
Dear All,

We are still recruiting. Please email us to apply. Thank you very much :)

Last edited:

yudhawee

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
hi, im sorry this is a really bit late for me to ask this, i would like to apply for a Typesetter, are you guys still recruiting?

Amimaru Manga

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Thank you very much for your interest. Yes, we are recruiting. Please email us.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chrisu_na

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Do you still need typesetter? If yes. I would really like to apply for it.

Totemato

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Is this paid?

Amimaru Manga

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Yes. This is paid freelance work.

flicker420

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey!!are you still recruiting!!???
I would also like to know on what basis payment is done,on monthly basis or on the no. of pages done??

Nailyne

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hello, are you still open? I would like to apply as a typesetter

Amimaru Manga

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hey!!are you still recruiting!!???
I would also like to know on what basis payment is done,on monthly basis or on the no. of pages done??
Yes, we are recruiting. We pay per page.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Hello, are you still open? I would like to apply as a typesetter
Please apply by emailing us :)

Creos

Reaction score
Country
India
How much do yoy pay per page????

Amimaru Manga

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Please email us and ask, and also indicate what position you are interested in. We can tell you about the compensation rates for current open projects that are available for you to join.

If you would like to do both typesetting and translation, that's possible too. We will pay separately for translation and typesetting.