Discussion - Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Ancient Weapons Predictions and Theories

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Now that two of the three ancient weapons have been named, does anyone have any predictions on how they will be used, by who, when, and why? Does anyone have any predictions about the Uranus, the last of the weapons?

I mentioned in the chapter 650 thread but my theory is that the three weapons represent Earth (Pluton), water (Poseidon), and air (Uranus). In Greek myth Pluto is generally depicted as living beneath the ground, pluton is mechanical and requires metal mined from the earth. Poseidon is the god of the sea, so it made sense that the weapon was actually a mermaid. In Greek myth Uranus was the sky itself, father of the Titans, grandfather of the gods. So it would make sense if the third weapon had some connection to the air.

I expect that the manga will not end at Raftel. Instead there will be a final war against the World Government, Marines, and Tenryuubito. The three ancient weapons will be used to even the battle, defeat the World Government, and restore the world to what it was during the Blank Century.

Last edited:

hoeru

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Since it was revealed that Pluton is a "monster of a ship", and that it's a secret kept by the Fishman Tom I believe Uranus is also related to Fishmen's Island.

But maybe Uranus is simply the Sea Kings pulling Pluton which is Noa. With Poseidon Shirahoshi controlling Sea Kings it becomes an invincible weapon that can destroy the world.

Geez

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Imo (for a long time now) the third weapon Uranus is controlled by Enel because it needs electricity to work. He found it on the moon and is planning on conquer the new world with it. And like a lot of people, i think it's the giant thing that was floating in the sky and absorbed Bege's ship and crew.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
If it were connected to electricity I would expect it to be named Zeus, not Uranus. In Greek mythology lighting is always associated with Zeus, where as Uranus is associated with the dome of the sky. If any previously shown island is connected with Uranus I would think it to be the island Nami trained on. A connection with the weather would make sense for a weapon named after the god of the sky.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

But maybe Uranus is simply the Sea Kings pulling Pluton which is Noa. With Poseidon Shirahoshi controlling Sea Kings it becomes an invincible weapon that can destroy the world.
Even without Noah, Poseidon is an overwhelmingly powerful weapon. Shirohoshi's power to control the sea kings is above and beyond pretty much any power introduced so far. Even without Noah that would be a power capable of destroying an entire fleet pretty easily. Fortunately it is not in her nature to do something like that, nor does she have enough control of her powers. Fishman Island will probably have to be threatened later in the manga for Poseidon to be used as a weapon. I don't know as Noah and Poseidon together would be Uranus, more likely Uranus is a distinct weapon.

Geez

Reaction score
Country
France
I agree on that point, but the thing is, in mythology the earth was divided for three gods: Pluton (hades), Poseidon and Zeus. I think Oda chose Uranus in order to avoid any hierarchy between those gods, and thus avoiding any hierarchy of powers between the weapons. (Zeus was king of gods). Besides, the most fitting place to hide a weapon that can actually fly is imo on the moon, where no one (except Enel) will find it. I think he was destined to find it.
And don't forget, Enel was actually God of the Sky before Luffy appeared on Skypiea ;)

Just to clear that out, I said that Uranus needed electricity to work. But The weapon itself has not to throw just thunderbolts and such, it can also change the weather just like the scientists in Weatheria could do!

Last edited:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
The two keys for Pluton were Robin and the blueprints, which were with Franky. Again, robin did not read it so we dont know if Pluton was an actual weapon and the blueprints were for the actual weapon, or access to use it or get to it.

My guess is the 3 weapons are the strongest form or representations of the 3 types of Devil fruits.

Shirahoshi can control the sea kings, speak to them and thus her ability can be related to zoan type..

My guess is Pluton would be a paramecia type, and Urananus would be a Logia type.

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India
We all pretty much got with a surprise when princess Shirohoshi was revealed as an ancient weapon... and i was thinking from long back about the third weapon and had a wild prediction about it... but since we already taken aback by one i don't think the prediction can be treated as a "wild" guess now... I think the third weapon.. which seems to be related to sky/weather etc. could just be a "devil fruit" .. one devil fruit which is unique and powerful like anything.. as we all know devil fruit are not easy to find and is a very crucial part of one piece manga... from the start of one piece.. one piece world circles around three specific kind... 1. land/human ... 2. water/mermen .... 3. devil fruits..

Now to think about that devil fruit.. a little related to to weather devil fruits are... Enel (lightning) ... and dragon (wind/weather/storm) .. and i believe its dragon who will be the key to the third weapon or himself contains the third weapon... {my apologies if someone already suggested that} ... dragon has a motive to go against world government and being in shadow he is pretty much preparing for THE day... It will not be surprising if robin already know and will reveal it later in the story..

NoLimit89

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think the world government already controls Uranus. Could be the reason why Mariejoe seems like it's floating above the clouds. It may also tie into all the tenryuubito not breathing the same air as everyone else - the reason that the tenryuubito gives tight now could be them just masking the truth. It would also explain how the world government defeated the ancient kingdom in the blank century.

The reason that the WG is so bent on searching for Pluton and Poseidon is because of their potential threat if used together as two legendary weapons would be enough to overthrow WG's one legendary weapon. On the otherhand, if WG gets their hand on one more legendary weapon, they would have two and basically cement themselves as untouchable - and finally end the pirate age, to rule over the world uncontested.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
My guess is the 3 weapons are the strongest form or representations of the 3 types of Devil fruits.

Shirahoshi can control the sea kings, speak to them and thus her ability can be related to zoan type..

My guess is Pluton would be a paramecia type, and Urananus would be a Logia type.
Now that is a very interesting idea, having Uranus correspond to a logia. A weapon that somehow has control over an element would be very useful and make quite a bit of sense.

We all pretty much got with a surprise when princess Shirohoshi was revealed as an ancient weapon... and i was thinking from long back about the third weapon and had a wild prediction about it... but since we already taken aback by one i don't think the prediction can be treated as a "wild" guess now... I think the third weapon.. which seems to be related to sky/weather etc. could just be a "devil fruit" .. one devil fruit which is unique and powerful like anything.. as we all know devil fruit are not easy to find and is a very crucial part of one piece manga... from the start of one piece.. one piece world circles around three specific kind... 1. land/human ... 2. water/mermen .... 3. devil fruits..

Now to think about that devil fruit.. a little related to to weather devil fruits are... Enel (lightning) ... and dragon (wind/weather/storm) .. and i believe its dragon who will be the key to the third weapon or himself contains the third weapon... {my apologies if someone already suggested that} ... dragon has a motive to go against world government and being in shadow he is pretty much preparing for THE day... It will not be surprising if robin already know and will reveal it later in the story..
Another interesting idea, that Uranus has some connection to Dragon. Even if he does not use the weapon himself, he has some knowledge of it's location or how to use it (much like Tom, Iceberg, and Franky knew of Pluton). The idea that it could be an overwhelmingly powerful logia is interesting as well. Particularly interesting considering Blackbeards quest for logia powers.

I think the world government already controls Uranus. Could be the reason why Mariejoe seems like it's floating above the clouds. It may also tie into all the tenryuubito not breathing the same air as everyone else - the reason that the tenryuubito gives tight now could be them just masking the truth. It would also explain how the world government defeated the ancient kingdom in the blank century.

The reason that the WG is so bent on searching for Pluton and Poseidon is because of their potential threat if used together as two legendary weapons would be enough to overthrow WG's one legendary weapon. On the otherhand, if WG gets their hand on one more legendary weapon, they would have two and basically cement themselves as untouchable - and finally end the pirate age, to rule over the world uncontested.
Not out of the question but hopefully not true either. I would like to see all three weapons in the hands of the Strawhats. They already have a crew member who can read the poneglyphs and another who has seen the blueprints for Pluton. They have also saved Fishman Island and befriended Poseidon. Essentially the Strawhats control two of the three weapons. If the Government already controls Uranus it would take a lot of drama out of the New World. I think that finding Uranus will be one of the critical, late series events. We may get an idea of what Uranus is at any time, I doubt it will be found until closer to the end. I would love if control of Uranus hinges on defeating Blackbeard.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I agree on that point, but the thing is, in mythology the earth was divided for three gods: Pluton (hades), Poseidon and Zeus. I think Oda chose Uranus in order to avoid any hierarchy between those gods, and thus avoiding any hierarchy of powers between the weapons. (Zeus was king of gods). Besides, the most fitting place to hide a weapon that can actually fly is imo on the moon, where no one (except Enel) will find it. I think he was destined to find it.
And don't forget, Enel was actually God of the Sky before Luffy appeared on Skypiea ;)

Just to clear that out, I said that Uranus needed electricity to work. But The weapon itself has not to throw just thunderbolts and such, it can also change the weather just like the scientists in Weatheria could do!
A good prediction, no question about it, but not a turn of events I would want to see quite as much. Bringing him back to help introduce Uranus would make sense, and as you point out there is already good foreshadowing that he could have a connection to Uranus, or at least be involved in finding Uranus. He was never one of my favorite characters, nor was Skypeia one of my favorite arcs, so I would rather see Dragon or Blackbeard as the key to Uranus. Enel is a good prediction though.

Ninja_Pirate

Reaction score
Country
India
The theory that has been suggested saying that three weapons hold the equal power or that if one have two weapons he can dominate the third weapon seems pretty much faulty to me... I guess all three weapons in them might have potential to make or break the world or to have substantial amount of damage... but controlling them might be a little tricky part... like one of them i.e. Poseidon is driven by emotions for now and may be the person thoughts later... we have no idea how other two weapons will or might be controlled by.. it would be tricky and interesting for sure...

Moreover if one ancient weapon can be put against the other , I don't think there would have been any necessity of a blue print for the weapon to go against an ancient weapon pluton... that definitely means that one ancient weapon can't be used to go against another... This thing also came to mind with an example of harry potter.. where there is a mention of three deathly hollows.. however all three was for different purpose and can be used differently to harm or to gain advantage..

Page356

Reaction score
Country
United States
What if Raftel is an ancient weapon? Maybe it's hard to find because it's really a ship or a giant animal or something so it is constantly moving or located high above the clouds like Skypia. Also if it is a ship it could be a factory that produces Pacifica since Uranus was supposed to decend from heaven and mate with Gaea to produce the Titans. Also with all the ancient technology being discovered maybe it's only a matter of time until a virtual intelligence is discovered, maybe that's what One Piece is.

Another guess is Dr. Vegapunk since he is a super genuis that accelerated technology by 500 years and he does have an army.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The theory that has been suggested saying that three weapons hold the equal power or that if one have two weapons he can dominate the third weapon seems pretty much faulty to me... I guess all three weapons in them might have potential to make or break the world or to have substantial amount of damage... but controlling them might be a little tricky part... like one of them i.e. Poseidon is driven by emotions for now and may be the person thoughts later... we have no idea how other two weapons will or might be controlled by.. it would be tricky and interesting for sure...

Moreover if one ancient weapon can be put against the other , I don't think there would have been any necessity of a blue print for the weapon to go against an ancient weapon pluton... that definitely means that one ancient weapon can't be used to go against another... This thing also came to mind with an example of harry potter.. where there is a mention of three deathly hollows.. however all three was for different purpose and can be used differently to harm or to gain advantage..
When you think about it, Poseidon is a person and can not be controlled as a weapon or object would be. She is not an inanimate object like Pluton. She would have to be Nakama, even when she learns to control her power, she can choose who she uses it for.

What if Raftel is an ancient weapon? Maybe it's hard to find because it's really a ship or a giant animal or something so it is constantly moving or located high above the clouds like Skypia. Also if it is a ship it could be a factory that produces Pacifica since Uranus was supposed to decend from heaven and mate with Gaea to produce the Titans. Also with all the ancient technology being discovered maybe it's only a matter of time until a virtual intelligence is discovered, maybe that's what One Piece is.

Another guess is Dr. Vegapunk since he is a super genuis that accelerated technology by 500 years and he does have an army.
Raftel itself being Uranus is a very interesting idea, there is no way to know yet, but it is definitely an interesting theory. Same with Vegapunk, there is no way to know or not yet, but it would be an interesting twist if he were Uranus. Though it would be a bit recycled, a twist a bit to similar to Poseidon.

Geez

Reaction score
Country
France
I think the three weapons are related to the 3 races: Humans (giants included), Fishmen and "Moonmen".
Each of these ones having their own weapon. Pluto for humans, metallic like you said and maybe having Fruit applications; Poseidon for Fishmen and finally Uranus for the last ones, based on a far-advanced technology capable of controlling the weather.

Consequently, we can think that the big war that happened so long ago could be between those 3 races. It is far-fetched but maybe the Old peaceful Kingdom that Clover was talking about, was uniting these races. But tensions exist and maybe this peace was not pleasing everyone, such as former kings who lost most of their power.
These individuals then conspired against the Kingdom and made it fall by creating mistrust and anger leading to war. Eventually, ex-leaders of the kingdom (Joy Boy?) realized that they couldn't win and protected fishmen and Poseidon of that time by making the promise Joy Boy would return. (Same with Uranus that had been hidden on the moon.)

So maybe, being the symbol of a resistance from the now fallen kingdom, Joy Boy stopped the war by surrendering himself to the Gorosei and Tenryubittos.

You wanted a theory, i give you a theory! :D

Last edited:

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
The StrawHats going to the so famous war WhiteBeard anticipated, JoyBoy Promised (Kinda:P) and Roger Introduced (Saying you are not one of them ... I guess Roger did explain well the will of the D to WhiteBeard, HEY!!! Here's a new Theory that just popped in my head : Do you think that when WhiteBeard said that to BlackBeard, he expects all those who carry the Will of the D to reunite in the end and fight the evil forces together??? I guess I'll have to start a thead for this one later :tem) With the three Ancient weapons I guess is too much, there wouldn't be a battle, it would be just a 12 year old boy beating the s**t out of a 7 year old one, and on top of that it wouldn't make sense at all, i mean the World Government annihilated completely Ohara, left none alive and put to much work in finding an 8 years old girl who survived, so i cannot believe the fact that they don't have someone who can actually read the Poneglyphs ... and as somebody suggested the WG do have one ancient weapon (Well, someone may tell me then why they didn't use it against WhiteBeard it would have been much easier? the answer is simple, they thought that 2 fleet Admiral (Assuming that Garp is in a fleet Admiral level and since both used to keep up with Roger then dealing with WhiteBeard would be something of the sort) + Shichibukais + Admirals + V.Admirals + marines >= WhiteBeard + Commanders + Pirates So no need to show it to the World and reveal their cards assuming again that they too believe in that the final battle is coming, no doubt) or they know about it location and just don't have the mean to take it or go for it, and are waiting for someone who actually can get to it and steal it from him.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I do expect everyone with the "will of D" to unite behind the Pirate King in the final battle Whitebeard predicted, it makes to much sense not to happen. I don't think that is what Whitebeard was referring to though. He was referring to the fact that Blackbeard is a "D." (William D. Teach) but did not inherit the will of D. He was initially interested in the will of D. because of Teach, referring to him when he asked Roger to tell him the secret.

I'm not certain the world government has an ancient weapon, there is little evidence to suggest so. Nor do I think they have anyone who can read the ancient letters. The ancient kingdom seems to be an anathema, the government seems intent on erasing any knowledge of it's people and technology. There is little evidence right now to make me think they wish to be able to preserve the history internally or use the ancient weapons themselves. Instead they seem intent on killing anyone with any connection to the weapons, even elderly archaeologists and little girls. I have little doubt that had they feared White Beard enough to use an ancient weapon rather than Pacifista, were they to have something such as Uranus. We already know that they do not have Pluton, as the plans were destroyed, and we also know they do not know of Poseidon right now.

Last edited:

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I do expect everyone with the "will of D" to unite behind the Pirate King in the final battle Whitebeard predicted, it makes to much sense not to happen. I don't think that is what Whitebeard was referring to though. He was referring to the fact that Blackbeard is a "D." (William D. Teach) but did not inherit the will of D. He was initially interested in the will of D. because of Teach, referring to him when he asked Roger to tell him the secret.

I'm not certain the world government has an ancient weapon, there is little evidence to suggest so. Nor do I think they have anyone who can read the ancient letters. The ancient kingdom seems to be an anathema, the government seems intent on erasing any knowledge of it's people and technology. There is little evidence right now to make me think they wish to be able to preserve the history internally or use the ancient weapons themselves. Instead they seem intent on killing anyone with any connection to the weapons, even elderly archaeologists and little girls. I have little doubt that had they feared White Beard enough to use an ancient weapon rather than Pacifista, were they to have something such as Uranus. We already know that they do not have Pluton, as the plans were destroyed, and we also know they do not know of Poseidon right now.
Can't argue with the bold part, since it's only logical : )
But I can definitely argue with the underlined part, as I said in my earlier post, you cannot hide something you do not know and knowing how politics works in the real world (You can certainly apply it in One Piece world) I'm sure they have someone who can read them or Doc Vegapunk created something that can actually decipher the PhoneGlyphs (Of course with the help of someone that knows the ancient language - Just a crazy theory though ^_^ ) ... Just think about it, knowing there are 3 ancient weapons who could wrestle kick their a@@es, do you think they would just lay back and wait for someone to find them??? or find the true about the void Century, just like Roger did??? I don't think so. :tem

Now about BlackBeard and the will of the D, that's exactly what I was trying to say, I know it didn't sound like that but believe me when I tell you that that what I was trying to say :tem And I don't think WhiteBeard was intertested in the "will of D" only because Teach has it, he said that during his travels he met some very interresting people with the D in their names and wanted to know the secret behind that D and what makes them so special.

Till now we have no clue about what is the D nor what it represents, also and correct me if i'm wrong we have never seen two "Ds" together for a long period of time, except for Little Ace&Luffy and Ace&Teach but since Teach doesn't count For what you (He didn't inherit the will) and WhiteBeard ("You are not one of them", referring to BlackBeard) said, we don't know if having two or more Ds together would make any difference.

Nonetheless, now that I think of it, since we don't know what is the D we can't say for sure that BlackBeard doesn't have it I mean what WhiteBeard was trying to say by you are not one of them, is that Teach lacks something very important the other "Ds" have.

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Can't argue with the bold part, since it's only logical : )
But I can definitely argue with the underlined part, as I said in my earlier post, you cannot hide something you do not know and knowing how politics works in the real world (You can certainly apply it in One Piece world) I'm sure they have someone who can read them or Doc Vegapunk created something that can actually decipher the PhoneGlyphs (Of course with the help of someone that knows the ancient language - Just a crazy theory though ^_^ ) ... Just think about it, knowing there are 3 ancient weapons who could wrestle kick their a@@es, do you think they would just lay back and wait for someone to find them??? or find the true about the void Century, just like Roger did??? I don't think so. :tem
I think they are actively looking for the ancient weapons with the intention of destroying or at least preventing anyone else from using them. If they knew Shirahoshi was Poseidon I assume they would issue a Buster Call on Fishman Island and kill Shirahoshi, just as they killed the archaeologists of Ohara. It's been to long since I read Water 7, I can't remember if they ever said what they would do if the plans for Pluton were found. That would be an interesting addition to this conversation, if anyone knew.

Now about BlackBeard and the will of the D, that's exactly what I was trying to say, I know it didn't sound like that but believe me when I tell you that that what I was trying to say :tem And I don't think WhiteBeard was intertested in the "will of D" only because Teach has it, he said that during his travels he met some very interresting people with the D in their names and wanted to know the secret behind that D and what makes them so special.
You're definitely right, while he mentioned Teach by name Whitebeard probably was interested in "D." for broader reasons. His goal was to build a family and should any "D." join his crew. And one eventually will, in the person of Ace.

Till now we have no clue about what is the D nor what it represents, also and correct me if i'm wrong we have never seen two "Ds" together for a long period of time, except for Little Ace&Luffy and Ace&Teach but since Teach doesn't count For what you (He didn't inherit the will) and WhiteBeard ("You are not one of them", referring to BlackBeard) said, we don't know if having two or more Ds together would make any difference.

Nonetheless, now that I think of it, since we don't know what is the D we can't say for sure that BlackBeard doesn't have it I mean what WhiteBeard was trying to say by you are not one of them, is that Teach lacks something very important the other "Ds" have.
We definitely don't know the origin of D. but we know what it represents: people like Roger, Garp, Dragon, Ace, and Luffy. Free spirited, honorable, kind, individualistic dreamers who don't want to hear no from anyone. The type of people willing to stand up for what they believe in and put friends first. There are secrets to D., their origin, why some inherit the will but not others. But we have a good idea what type of people they are, based on the prominent D.'s already introduced.

The only other D.'s I can think of who could have spend a long time together are Garp and Dragon, father and son.

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Indeed, you are absolutely right ... And I would love to see how they manage to get the call buster to the ocean floor (well they might have an army of submarines). :XD

Zmsp

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I'm sorry if someone else already refered to this,but isnt it very likely that Blackbeard himself is Uranus? I read that Uranus imprisioned his own children because he didnt like them, wich could be compared to Blackbeard trapping abilities inside his own "special body". That speciality could very well be one of the ancient weapons, it's power can destroy the world, since you can gather lots of powerful fruits, the comparison can be made to the mythological being and Blackbeard seems to be evil, wich can also be related to Uranus, considering doing that to your children can't exactly be considered heavenly.

sry for the crappy english

Sakazuki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Acient Weapons

I haven’t found a thread about this matter, so I’ll start a new one. If the any moderator find one that fits the matter, please, remove the posts for this thread.

First, I transcribe what is written in the One Piece Wikia:

There are three Ancient Weapons (古代兵器 Kodai Heiki?), Pluton, Poseidon and Uranus. Each weapon is capable of mass destruction, however they are not limited to objects but living beings as well. Pluton appears to be an ancient ship capable of massive damage and destruction. The blueprints to recreate Pluton were held by the fishman carpenter, Tom, of Tom's Workers.
Poseidon was first mentioned when Nico Robin read the poneglyph on Skypiea, but details were not delved into until she reached Fishman Island. Poseidon was a Mermaid Princess who lived in the Void Century that had the power to talk to Sea Kings. Princess Shirahoshi also has this power, and as stated in a conversation between Neptune and Robin, she has now inherited the title "Poseidon".[4]
The Ancient Weapons are the argument used by the World Government to forbid the research of the missing years. And at least this seems to be true, as Shiki said that Gold Roger knew the whereabouts of at least one of the Ancient Weapons.

We know that Pluton is a ship by its blueprints. Now we know that Shirahoshi is Neptune. The only one that we don’t know yet is Uranus.

In the chapter 0, Shiki said that Gol D. Roger had one of the ancient weapons. I don’t see the Oro Jackson been Pluton, and Shirahoshi hadn’t born by that time. So there is just one Ancient Weapon left, Uranus.

I heard some members saying that Uranus would be in hand o World Government, but know I really don’t see it coming true, because if the WW had this great power there is no need of other force to balance the power with the pirates.

I think that Roger may left the weapon or knowledge about it in the last island Raftel. As we can see, the weapon can be an object, a live creature. There’s space to it be information (maybe could be related to the Will of D) or be a Devil Fruit, a mighty one.

What do you think about it?