Voting Round 1 - Android 18 vs. Jin Mori | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 1 Android 18 vs. Jin Mori

Who wins?

• Android 18

• Jin Mori

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Battle Phase
  • You are allowed to vote for one champion.
  • After 3 days, the champion with the most votes will proceed into the next round.
  • In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it.
  • There will be no additional restrictions. A character will have access to all of his/her abilities according to the lore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My vote goes to the great sage equaling heaven. I'm up to date with GOH and I'll patiently wait for any arguments in the favor of the android about how she can deal with an actual God killer.

LadyVados

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Super-era 18 might win honestly

Blakestnight666

Reaction score
Country
India
18 takes this. Hell frieza would beat mori.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The DB wank is strong here as well. My vote is clear here as well.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
18 or Goku? :XD
I'm a Zoro fanboy but Goku destroys him without mercy. :XD I was referring to 18 and Broly. I'm sure the two of them will win but that's life. Life's unfair.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm a Zoro fanboy but Goku destroys him without mercy. :XD I was referring to 18 and Broly. I'm sure the two of them will win but that's life. Life's unfair.
Oh, you didn't get the joke :feelsbadman . I was talking about Mori since he is inspired by Wukong as well.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh, you didn't get the joke :feelsbadman . I was talking about Mori since he is inspired by Wukong as well.
Aaah. Forgive me. :noworry Then yeah, I'm rooting for Korean Goku.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Alrighty, to be honest, this is quite a nice match-up since both are primarily martial artists and both DB and GOH take inspiration from the Journey to the West.

For sure 18 is the more well known and popular character but let me tell you about my boy Mori Jin:

Spoilers for the God of Highschool Webtoon

Master Martial Artist:

I'm not just talking about punching really really hard while screaming but actual techniques. Jin Mori as the Monkey King has lived millennia accumulating experience. Blessed with the body of a god/superior to most of them, he might seem like he doesn't need techniques but his journey actually put him under the tutelage of the strongest human and non-human martial artists in the verse. Martial Artists strong enough to be a danger to the highest gods of well-known pantheons with just a kick. While naturally gifted he perfected the arts of Taekwando taking it several steps from Renewal Taekwando to Recoilless (Godkiller with a human body). He can also see patterns, adapt, and steal other's techniques almost instantly and has enough in his arsenal to deal with any martial artist.

Beast Mode Body:

Add to these techniques his ridiculous strength and those techniques don't just get multiplied, they increase potentially. His natural strength allows for the clashes produced by his punches to destroy the base of the gods in the highest heavenly realm. No universe-shattering clashes, yet.

As for durability, he fought a war against the gods, they destroyed the planet and he woke up floating through space around mid-point in the series, quite some time before powering up more. Way more. As for energy blasts he can practically bathe in lava for 49 days and only got stronger from it and gained super eyes (no Sharingan, don't worry but since we mention Naruto). He can create clones of himself, we have seen him do one hundred which do not just disappear if you poke them with a needle. They are stronger the closer they are to him and each of them also gets a copy of his equipment.

(He is also most likely immortal as not even the highest of in-universe powers have managed to kill him definitely.)

If all this is not enough he can use acupuncture to raise his base power level. Not by 10x or 20x like some puny Kaio-Ken. His max so far was 250 000x.

Equipment:

His staff Ruyi Jingu

He can freely manipulate the size and weight of this staff. Still the staff is supposed to only be lifted by him due to its extreme weight. Extending it to the moon and making it several miles wide in an instant? Sure. Place it in 18's ear/mouth and expand it? Not so nice. Use it as a railgun and shoot it at her just to expand it to millions times its weight/size just before impact? Ouchie. He can also teleport it to himself and is obviously a master staff wielder. The staff is extremely durable in its current form already although not yet indestructible. Currently in the process of getting that power up but that's irrelevant.

Kinto-Un Magic Cloud

A magical cloud that he can teleport to himself from anywhere. It’s larger than Asia and can generate winds, fog and thunder at his command. The lightning will rain down until Mori tells it to stop and it is strong enough to evaporate gods. He can also split it up into multiple clouds which he controls at will and can use for conducting said lightning.

Gourd

This item also responds to Mori Jin’s call and can teleport to him at any time. It is used to absorb incoming attacks and can be used to seal other beings in it.

Yongpyo

Every immortal needs some fancy clothes so here we have a sentient nigh-indestructible armor that enhances all abilities and can be used in two modes. Acceleration Mode and Power Mode.

TLDR: He is a being that stands above the gods (all pantheons), all monsters, and all humans. He has lived lives as all of them and has learned their techniques or absorbed their powers to raise above them all. He has the techniques that equip a human to kill a god. He has the body of a godly being and the tools that set him apart as the king of all monsters.

Above all else:

He has a cute chibi mode

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Jin Mori's coolest feat.

Kicking Satan so hard the sun was turned off for a few seconds from the wave of said kick.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I see a few posts above that people actually picked 18.

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria
I see a few posts above that people actually picked 18.
Well, that is to be expected when dealing with one of the most popular series in the world. I would honestly like to see some campaigning for 18 so that if she wins it is not solely based on reputation.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, that is to be expected when dealing with one of the most popular series in the world. I would honestly like to see some campaigning for 18 so that if she wins it is not solely based on reputation.
I feel you. I'm actually waiting for that too.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Going with Jin. I'm not up to date with GOH and I haven't read DBZ but the campaign convinced me Jin could win this.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like I'm picking Shaltear's executioner. :feelsbadman

Status
Not open for further replies.