Olympus is the home of the gods who dwelt in fabulous palaces of marble and gold | Page 53 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Olympus is the home of the gods who dwelt in fabulous palaces of marble and gold

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ya - im familial with this somewhat. Especially since Jesus spent most of his childhood in Egypt. That is not mentioned in the bible what he was doing for this time period. And the horus connection / resurrection/ trinity stuff was interesting.
Sorry to butt in, but what's the basis for him ever being in Egypt?

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Quick google search:

The Flight to Egypt
(Hosea 11:1-7)

13When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up!” he said. “Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the Child to kill Him.”

14So he got up, took the Child and His mother by night, and withdrew to Egypt, 15where he stayed until the death of Herod. This fulfilled what the Lord had spoken through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my Son.”b

I've been wondering where you get your bible knoledge from? Do you have mandatory school clases for bible study, or is it custom to visit church from young age?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Herms already posted an answer and no prob.
As I recall he spent most of his childoohd / teenage years there and info what and where he went is vague at best prior to resurfacing as a grown man.
There might be some apocryphal stories on some events but i don't recall much on those.

Quick google search:

The Flight to Egypt
(Hosea 11:1-7)

13When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up!” he said. “Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the Child to kill Him.”

14So he got up, took the Child and His mother by night, and withdrew to Egypt, 15where he stayed until the death of Herod. This fulfilled what the Lord had spoken through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my Son.”b

I've been wondering where you get your bible knoledge from? Do you have mandatory school clases for bible study, or is it custom to visit church from young age?
As for me , its from Sunday school lesson of the biblical stories I had as kid for the most part and still remember most of those albeit not a perfect recollection but pretty good.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
As for me , its from Sunday school lesson of the biblical stories I had as kid for the most part and still remember most of those albeit not a perfect recollection but pretty good.
Who organizes those sunday school lessons? The regional parish, or the municipality? Also, is it mandatory, and how much room is there for free thought and discussion from your personal experience?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who organizes those sunday school lessons? The regional parish, or the municipality? Also, is it mandatory, and how much room is there for free thought and discussion from your personal experience?
I went to a non denominational church its local run and not connected to a larger organization. Its not mandatory and free. A Sunday school teacher is appointed by the higher ups to each students.

In regards to questions - you can ask / they can be expressed. But most times, those questions are ones that fit in the religious box or frame work and you get a standard reply from within that frame works source material-s.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I went to a non denominational church its local run and not connected to a larger organization. Its not mandatory and free. A Sunday school teacher is appointed by the higher ups to each students.

In regards to questions - you can ask / they can be expressed. But most times, those questions are ones that fit in the religious box or frame work and you get a standard reply from within that frame works source material-s.
Do you know the financial structure behind it? Is it subsidised or completely private?

Do you happen to know if there is something like that for the muslim or jewish communities?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure on the latter two. I haven't delved that deep as to their financial situation.
As per churches and prolly synagogues, they make their monies from the members donations.
Some can be connected to larger organizations ofc.

The ones i have been involved with were private / local.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Not sure on the latter two. I haven't delved that deep as to their financial situation.
As per churches and prolly synagogues, they make their monies from the members donations.
Some can be connected to larger organizations ofc.

The ones i have been involved with were private / local.
Ahm, I see. Just trying to understand the religiousness and conservatism of the united states nation. Do you think this is a part of it?

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wtf is this shit..... religion:notlikethis

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I was raised catholic, so I had catechism until I was confirmed at 14-15 or whatever.

Do you know the financial structure behind it? Is it subsidised or completely private?
All religions are "subsidized" in a sense, in that an organization with official status with the government is tax-exempt (which is total bullshit IMO).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Herms already posted an answer and no prob.
As I recall he spent most of his childoohd / teenage years there and info what and where he went is vague at best prior to resurfacing as a grown man.
There might be some apocryphal stories on some events but i don't recall much on those.
But what value does apocryphal materials have when they're rejected by most major bodies?

Also, what about the prevailing thought that Jesus is like never mentioned among his peers in the known historical record?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
But what value does apocryphal materials have when they're rejected by most major bodies?

Also, what about the prevailing thought that Jesus is like never mentioned among his peers in the known historical record?
They don't in the canonical sense - I was saying there might be stories there and of value to those that research the subject.
In regards to Jesus not being mentioned among the peers. Some people use that to say Jesus never existed as a real / historical person.
They also site - how people with similar attributes given to Jesus, have existed in the past with striking similarities.

Alls I recall to Jesus - was they found a tomb that said this belonged to the brother of Jesus sometime ago.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wtf is this shit..... religion:notlikethis
Dont hate cus you have no soul <3 :hug

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Morals and soul are two different things:edumacated

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They don't in the canonical sense - I was saying there might be stories there and of value to those that research the subject.
In regards to Jesus not being mentioned among the peers. Some people use that to say Jesus never existed as a real person.
They also site - how people with similar attributes given to Jesus, have existed in the past with striking similarities.

Alls I recall to Jesus was they found a tomb that said this belonged to the brother of Jesus sometime ago.
Well, I meant evidence of Jesus' existence in the writings of people who lived in or around the Levant when he supposedly did - his contemporaries. Most of the first century accounts of him or a messiah are after he supposedly died.

And yeah, I think it's probably more likely he's an amalgamation...like nearly everything religious. I guess you're familiar with the Documentary hypothesis?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
And yeah, I think it's probably more likely he's an amalgamation...like nearly everything religious. I guess you're familiar with the Documentary hypothesis?
Yes and i think - that is the correct account of things. Seeing as how - the so called patriarch Abraham was from / around Sumeria region and the Israelis there-after were in Babylon for nearly 70 years. So its not surprising for the me why the account of the biblical creation story vs enuma elish, noah - flood story, tower of babel, etc have a history. Granted there is some difference but it shows the biblical narratives are borrowed and redacted...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yes and i think - that is the correct account of things. Seeing as how - the so called patriarch Abraham was from / around Sumeria region and the Israelis there-after were in Babylon for nearly 70 years. So its not surprising for the me why the account of the biblical creation story vs enuma elish, noah - flood story, tower of babel, etc have a history. Granted there is some difference but it shows the biblical narratives are borrowed and redacted...
When did you come to this acceptance? Not sure if you were trolling in the past, but you seemed to be religious or christian yourself?

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It might as well be, given what some members of the scientific community think about the real origin of human civilization

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
We're just some bacteria that crashed landed here on some meteorite....oh yeah....aliens:derp

It hurts my head trying to even fathom wtf we really are....

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
When did you come to this acceptance? Not sure if you were trolling in the past, but you seemed to be religious or christian yourself?
Acceptance.... hmmm strangely or oddly enough, it just seemed the most logical to me after all things i looked and learned on these subject matters. And I try to keep an open mind as well.

While I cant deny that I had a christian upbringing, I am non religious and do not actively practice.
I do believe in a Creator / God / Higher power as such.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
While I cant deny that I had a christian upbringing, I am non religious and do not actively practice.
I do believe in a Creator / God / Higher power as such.
You did? I mean, I guess that should have been more obvious to me, but didn't you say you were second generation? Somewhat rarer to see that.

So then, something more like a deist?