Discussion Anime Studio

King Moe

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since seeing the VA topic is still around and allowed despite no update on the anime yet, think it's safe we can discuss the future of EZ especially so far it been ranking up in sells and popularity as time goes on. For this topic, we be talking about the studios that we feel EZ should be handle by when its get anime announcement and fill out the reason why we think it's perfect for this studio handling them for the most part in your minds. There is no wrong answer and so put out what you feel which studio you think can excel on handling the series with justice for it?

So far in my mind, the series I think can go great with these studios who I think can handle it with justice:

Satelight - If I recalled, this is the studio that people enjoy the animation it gave to FT in it's early run in the first part of the seasons with A-1 Pictures before changing it (Idk the reason why unless you all do and don't mind telling me?) and wanted the same animation back. If that's the case, it would be lovely to have it back on working on the series and some nostalgia and reunion back onto working on it like before. If they were able to satisfy others in animation on FT before, so pretty sure they could give EZ the design and justice on how it can go. Plus it has a lot of resume of animes it has work on with great achievements on it than just FT being Hellsing Ultimate OVA (1-4 Episodes), Air Gear OVAs, Macross series, etc.. Also feels funny and poetic with their namesake being similar to 'satellite' with the series being a space fiction and all lol xD.

Sunrise - Since Eden's Zero is officially classified Sci-Fi series all around, I feel it's only benefiting and a match made in Heaven if Sunrise have the offer on guiding this series in their hands. They have long time history not only working high-class series like Inuyasha, Gintama, Tiger & Bunny, and so on, but especially ones that dwell in Sci-Fi and Mecha(ish)nature being Cowboy Bepop, Outlaw Star, Code Geass, Gundam series, etc.. So with Eden's Zero being about space and mechanical robots even giant robots from first antagonist arc on Norma, it makes so much sense why Sunrise gains control on producing it, not just in their animation and detail on Sci-Fi nature, but have bring series to their heights even out of the Sci-Fi nature as well.

Ufotable - The reason I think this series should have Eden's Zero hands as well as I feel it can probably do the space and animation especially in fights justice since from what we seen can be all over the place especially Shiki using gravity to jump around back and forth. Also already got a lot of trust with them working high class series on their agenda being prominent parts of the Fate/Zero series, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, God Eater (anime and games), etc.. They have the reputation to truly help Eden's Zero to stand out a whole lot as well with their name 'Ufo'table involving sci-fi elements in it, feel like ti work perfectly since they done Sci-Fi series a few times too.

Production I.G. - Might feel a bit 'surprise' choice, but after looking into this studio, I feel they can also have what it takes on handling Eden's Zero as they are no stranger to working Sci-Fi series and their animation and quality can be quite top-notch as well too. Their resume quite speak for themselves as with 'tech' and Sci-fi(ish) animes being Ghost In the Shell series (high-tier series as well), Psycho Pass, FLCL, and so on while even handling high-tier works such as Attack On Titan (Wit Studio), Haikyu, Kuroko's Basketball, etc.. Don't see no reason why we shouldn't trust the studio not with the series as there is possibilities on how animation and detail could go into their hands in different strokes if you get what I mean?

Madhouse - Pretty sure the studio speak for itself on it's many achievements and how people dream majority of animes get animated by them to have greater quality and detail each time. Might be a long shot for EZ to be on Madhouse hands, but if it ever was, it would be something truly breath taking as with how many times they able to dish our amazing series being One Punch Man, Hunter X Hunter, Death Note, Black Lagoon, etc. it would be quite amazing to see how they work on Eden's Zero in those same series in their own style in my point of view.

These are my top choices I feel could work with Eden's Zero in handling it in general, but might add more depending on what I can find. Let me know what you all think your own choices are and if you agree or disagree with my list or others on their choices. Though their is no wrong answer, so please be respectful on what you discuss with one another and peaceful to each other as well. Interested on knowing what your thoughts are :)!

Last edited:

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have thoughts on studios they think can work with EZ? Any explanation to it? Anyone at all?

Venom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Anyone have thoughts on studios they think can work with EZ? Any explanation to it? Anyone at all?
No use of discussing abt it now and any studio is fine as long as its not weekly but seasonal and definitely not A1 because I'm tired of their freeze frames stupid animation

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
No use of discussing abt it now and any studio is fine as long as its not weekly but seasonal and definitely not A1 because I'm tired of their freeze frames stupid animation
I know, but any personal choice(s) in your mind?

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Having sci-fi I would like for Sunrise to have it now that Gintama is almost completely over, they need a new ongoing now and Eden's zero fits the bill great.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Having sci-fi I would like for Sunrise to have it now that Gintama is almost completely over, they need a new ongoing now and Eden's zero fits the bill great.
Hmmm, that is true. Gintama is ending soon, but in a monthly process now due to it's moving, but that would need a mainstream series with Sci-Fi elements to work on which make Eden's Zero quite unique since not many Sci-Fi Shouen series out there as you think as well to have popularity to back it up.

SleipnirX

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was it A1 and Statelight that did the first parts of Fairy Tail? (Up to 2013). I wouldn’t mind a similar adaptation of EZ though I think they’ve dropped the ball a bit (despite a marginal preference for the more manga-like art style) 2014 onwards.

Venom

Reaction score
Country
India
Was it A1 and Statelight that did the first parts of Fairy Tail? (Up to 2013). I wouldn’t mind a similar adaptation of EZ though I think they’ve dropped the ball a bit (despite a marginal preference for the more manga-like art style) 2014 onwards.
Yes it was A1 and satelight and they did a good job then bridge trash

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes it was A1 and satelight and they did a good job then bridge trash
I see. Would you all be open if Satelight came back or prefer a new studio in general?

Venom

Reaction score
Country
India
I see. Would you all be open if Satelight came back or prefer a new studio in general?
New studio but satelight would be decent too

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anybody but Studio Pierrot.:xp

Ideally, I'd want a studio that's on the rise that's got a lot of talent and looking for the right project to show it off. Somebody like..

8Bit Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken.
Kinema Citrus Tate no Yuusha, Made in Abyss
Ajia-Do Isekai Maou
Lerche Asobi Asobase, Radiant, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

The problem with huge studios like A-1 and J.C, Staff is that it's a crap shoot. There is a lot of talent there but also a lot of projects. So you just never know with them.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anybody but Studio Pierrot.:xp

Ideally, I'd want a studio that's on the rise that's got a lot of talent and looking for the right project to show it off. Somebody like..

8Bit Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken.
Kinema Citrus Tate no Yuusha, Made in Abyss
Ajia-Do Isekai Maou
Lerche Asobi Asobase, Radiant, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu

The problem with huge studios like A-1 and J.C, Staff is that it's a crap shoot. There is a lot of talent there but also a lot of projects. So you just never know with them.
Didn't know about those too. Thanks for letting us know more.

So your saying its 50/50 with those 2 studios bring something good or bad?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't know about those too. Thanks for letting us know more.

So your saying its 50/50 with those 2 studios bring something good or bad?
Not 50/50 exactly just that the more a studio has going on the more the talent is spread out on various projects. Like with A-1 Pictures, they can do something like Sword Art Online: Alicization or they can do something like Ao no Exorcist or Granblue Fantasy. It's depends on what staff gets assigned to what and how much time and money they get to do it.

It's the individual people working on it that matter more than the studio names and each studio only has so many of those people to go around.

Like J.C. Staff has produced some amazing anime (Danmachi, Shokugeki no Souma, Prison School) and some terrible anime (Index season 3, Sword Oratoria). So what I'd want is a smaller studio where Eden Zero would be their #1 priority. Something they put all of their best people on and something they pour their heart and soul into. That would be the ideal scenario for me.

The ultimate example of this to me is KonoSuba. Which was done by Studio Deen who have a long history of disastrous adaptations, most famously Fate/Stay Night. But when they got KonoSuba they put everything they had into that show and you can see it. It was the best anime of that season and actually better than the light novels IMO. That's what I would want for Eden Zero.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another one I'd add to my list would be Studio VOLN,

Who I think are an insanely talented studio that's been adapting pretty bad shows. Karakuri Circus and Ushio to Tora are really well made. The problem is what they were adapting. Ushio to Tora was a nostalgia play and Karakuri Circus is just a dumb story about evil clowns. Give them something actually good to adapt, like Eden Zero, and I think they'd knock it out of the park.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got another question to ask, how do anime come in contact to studios doing them? Do the author request an certain studio to take them or do the studio come to them? From what I am hearing and research, the studio come to the author to ask to animate their work, so maybe the latter, but what you all think?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Got another question to ask, how do anime come in contact to studios doing them? Do the author request an certain studio to take them or do the studio come to them? From what I am hearing and research, the studio come to the author to ask to animate their work, so maybe the latter, but what you all think?
I honestly can't say for sure but my understanding is that that varies.

You might find this interesting.
https://comicsverse.com/anime-production/

In the case of Edens Zero I think you can expect the first entity needed to get the ball rolling would be Kodansha which is Edens Zero's publisher who would work things out with Mashima then start approaching anime production companies and work out the details.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly can't say for sure but my understanding is that that varies.

You might find this interesting.
https://comicsverse.com/anime-production/

In the case of Edens Zero I think you can expect the first entity needed to get the ball rolling would be Kodansha which is Edens Zero's publisher who would work things out with Mashima then start approaching anime production companies and work out the details.
Well since Attack On Titan and Seven Deadly Sins will be ending respectively soon, they are going to lose both of their biggest sellers soon (Especially SDS is said to end this year, right). If they really want Eden's Zero to pop not just for Mashima's sake, but for their magazine to get more money for their company, they need to give EZ an studio who can give top-notch animation more than Fairy Tail maybe even more than early animation of it. They going to need to truly push EZ as their next top series if they want it to succeed for both sides sake so I hope it goes with them getting best animation as possible.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm no Hiro Masima fan or expert, but I'd definitely expect this to be the perfect candidate for a long running anime. I wouldn't be surprised if A1/Cloverworks returns to work on this new hit manga. Other studios that will surely be interested are Pierrot and even Toei. Sunrise could be interested because of the sci-fi aspect.

Now seasonal anime for shonen manga are much trendier and more cost effective. It really depends how Weekly Shonen Magazine wants to do things. The soooner they announce the anime, the more likely it will be seasonal. If the anime is announced 2-3 years after the manga's debut, then the long running odds increase. If the anime is seasonal, there are way more studio options.

This is an IP with a lot of growth potential, hopefully Kodansha figures out the most efficient way to promote it.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm no Hiro Masima fan or expert, but I'd definitely expect this to be the perfect candidate for a long running anime. I wouldn't be surprised if A1/Cloverworks returns to work on this new hit manga. Other studios that will surely be interested are Pierrot and even Toei. Sunrise could be interested because of the sci-fi aspect.

Now seasonal anime for shonen manga are much trendier and more cost effective. It really depends how Weekly Shonen Magazine wants to do things. The soooner they announce the anime, the more likely it will be seasonal. If the anime is announced 2-3 years after the manga's debut, then the long running odds increase. If the anime is seasonal, there are way more studio options.

This is an IP with a lot of growth potential, hopefully Kodansha figures out the most efficient way to promote it.
Can Eden's Zero fit to be a seasonal anime? Just asking.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Can Eden's Zero fit to be a seasonal anime? Just asking.
Yeah, it could go that route if they consider it the best way to promote the series. For example there is the popular TV time block where Mix and Boku no Hero Academia S4 will air this year, shows on there tend to always have two cours(24-26 episodes). If they decided to put EZ on there it would have huge exposure. Or if NHK would fund the anime for one of their TV blocks, it would be seasonal with a new two cour season each year.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
So from what I get, it's studios who come after to want to make a series an anime? Not the author asking them first?