Discussion - Any manga that you realistically fear you won't see the end of? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Any manga that you realistically fear you won't see the end of?

lapchern

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Albania
It's been bugging me lately that some of these series take so long to finish. The top 3 in my mind are berserk, hunter x hunter, and claymore. none of these series have any end in sigh and they've been going on forever...

just curious to see if anyone has the same feelings regarding these titles or any other.

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Claymore hasn't been going on all that long. Since 2001.

Of course I also fear there won't be an ending to Hunter x Hunter. But that's it really.

9tailfox

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Hajime no Ippo....it's been 17 years already...

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Meitantei Conan. There has been some progression towards the end, but still it seems far from over.

And OP. It seems like there's still about 4-500 more chapters left before it ends.

Still, I'm young and my youth still burns strong so I'll see them both through. :D

a2d

Reaction score
Country
Spain
One Piece and Berserk. Berserk because of his slow-pacing history, OP because is OP.

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States
The biggest on my list is Hunter X Hunter i think HxH will rap up and One piece mangaka has said he has the ending planed so i am not worried about that..

Berserk i am not uptodate on so i can't say i am worried about that or Hajime no ippo ... so many chapters so little time.

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Naruto is starting to end now, and I'm sure it's one of those manga that won't be dropped by WSJ (unless someone the fans love like Sasuke dies :amuse).
One piece will end sometime in the future (years from now?).

So it's Berserk and HxH. We all know HxH seems to be having a dull future ahead of it, and that Berserk progresses at a slow pace (can't be helped, really).

ssjohn

Reaction score
Country
United States
You know i was thinking about it and What about Kochi Kame? dose anyone think this will end? my guess is v200 or if the mangaka dies :( (i hope he dosnt but after reading about Doremon *sp?* and that it's mangaka died before they could end it ;( ))

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
kochikame. the mangaka will outlive new born babies :P

DudeusMaximus

Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
Hmm, I'm surprised no one's mentioned Bleach... It seems like it's been dragging forever. We've been waiting for the winter war for like, what, almost 2 years now? And it's still freaking Autumn...

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yes, but by no means does that mean it wont end in the next 3-5 years

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
It's kind of hard to estimate a plausible end to Bleach.
I can't really place how the Hueco Mundo arc has any significance to the story as of yet. I can guess, but still; a lot of stuff can still happen.
Whereas Naruto on the other hand, really seems to be coming to an end in the next 2 years.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
naruto keeps shootin off in random directions, so i think it might start losing that critical momentum thats kept it top of the league to continue if it doesnt end in two to three years

yoniekai

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
berserk, coz the mangaka is immortal he decides to tease us with slow releases over the years

OP definitely. 10 years to get halfway. another 10 for the end. Edited Mangas will be 3D by then :ossu

hmm... is HxH going to be back? its such a waste of a perfectly good series... and jin only showed his face in one chapter

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
naruto keeps shootin off in random directions, so i think it might start losing that critical momentum thats kept it top of the league to continue if it doesnt end in two to three years
Well, it's easy to say something is going "random", when you can't see the bigger picture. Same thing with Bleach, I hate the Hueco Mundo arc so far. But I'm sure once it's over and all the pieces fall in place, I'll end up liking it.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
............... damn you barba. you think too well.

okay, add a new one to my list. Beet the vandel buster. Koji Inada's off sick since october, and its still a mile off completion. its tragic, as its one of my favourites

ran0001

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don't actually mind if a lot of the mangas go on for a while.And concerning HxH the only fear that I have of it not ending is if the mangaka discontinued it. Its been on hiatus for a long time now and the mangaka's fame is not an excuse for this long a vacation.

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Guyver...thats definitely one I don't think I'll see the end of....It's been going on since 1985 (before I was even born) and still hasn't ended

yoniekai

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
oh yeah. doraemon. hands down

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
What does that have to do with the topic?