Are you happy with your life? And what does it take?

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I like this subforum.
I feel like good discussions are possible here.

It is kind of underfrequented tho because the political topics usually come to an agreement really quickly (which is nice for a change from hostile mudwars, but still a bit boring).

Thus i thought i could add some social or personal threads to which everyone can tell his two cents.

thus, this one:

Are you happy with your life? Do you have goals of which you have hope to archieve them?
Or do you at least have hope to survive or endure an undesirable situation?
Did you become bitter to endure, or are you still an optimist?
What does it take for you to be happy?
Do you think your happiness or unhappiness is stabile or is it fragile and could change any moment?
What do you think about your fellow humans? Are you a sceptic of society and only have a circle of close friends because you deem the rest of society as a mob, or are you rather the optimistic sci fi fantast who dreams of better societies?

JamesGoblin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
Ah, so many questions...I'm happy, and it is made of little things - talking to my niece, calling my mom to ask whether she is allright, watching a nice game of chess, sometimes just helping someone if I can.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Are you happy with your life? Do you have goals of which you have hope to archieve them?
Happiness is a state of mind which I don't care much about. I don't question myself whether I'm happy or not. I used to be very depressed and unhappy throughout my teenage years. But once I stopped caring and started living like nothing matters to me and nothing can shake me anymore, things got better. I do have goals. More like, I created soome goals for me. Goals help you to go through everyday life. Otherwise it'd be problematic to go through every single day not knowing why you live or what you should be doing.
Something in between. More to the bitter to endure side tough.
Do you think your happiness or unhappiness is stabile or is it fragile and could change any moment?
I'm not perusing happiness. Like I said I don't care about being happy. But yeah, getting good grades, spending good time with friends, hearing from my mother 5,000 miles away makes me happy.
What do you think about your fellow humans? Are you a sceptic of society and only have a circle of close friends because you deem the rest of society as a mob, or are you rather the optimistic sci fi fantast who dreams of better societies?
I dislike people in general. And I hate the society, which passes it's judgement on people without considering their situation. A person who steals to feed his/her starving family is called a thief and looked down upon. While a corporate who steals millions by small irregularity is called elite and looked up by the society.

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I'm sceptic of society, not of people. I think society needs big changes, but the people who needs it most are lead to believe that they don't. Unfortunally yhat's how money and information works on this world.
But I do like people, I try to be as honest as possible about what I feel, think and believe is right... and I do try to improve it too.

About being happy, unfortunally some time ago I reached a conclusion that life is a struggle, we live for the happy moments and we cherish them while expecting the next ones. (it was an LSD inducted conclusion, but is one I do believe in)

Personally speaking, I'm not in a good place right now... it isn't terrible bad (I delt with depression in the past, life right now is all right), but it isn't good either. I still like an ex and dating other girls are making me feel too desconected from real feels.
The the biggest problem is.. I don't know what to do with life. I study in a very good uni, but I figured out that I don't want to live on a boring job on a office. It isn't for me, I hate it, I feel like I do it because I need money to survive, but for what? I don't know what my goals are (getting my degree ara a goal, but what then?). Hating what I do is not the problem, the problem is not knowing what I I'd like to do. I feel like I'm smart, but don't have any especific skills besides making good friends, so I don't know what I would like to do in/with life and that sucks.

Enola

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like this subforum.
I feel like good discussions are possible here.

It is kind of underfrequented tho because the political topics usually come to an agreement really quickly (which is nice for a change from hostile mudwars, but still a bit boring).

Thus i thought i could add some social or personal threads to which everyone can tell his two cents.

thus, this one:

For the current time I can say that I'm happy with my life :^_^ I achieved some goals and plan to achieve some other ones :amuse Achieving your goals, inner harmony and the absence of loneliness are the main things for being happy in my opinion. Also I think that happiness is created with the small things like enjoying the beautiful nature around you, walking trough your city, drinking your favourite coffee with your friends...:^_^ I remember how happy I was when I made one my small dream come true, I mean dying my hair in a crazy colour like here on HairStylezz :amuse Such small things always make life brighter in general! :eyeroll
I'm an optimist in general and I believe in society, all its positive feautures... But sometimes I have some difficult situations in my life and I can be rather sad but that happens with everybody :nerd
My main goals for now are become succesful in my work, to make some repairment in my house, travel to some countries, become more healthy and also succesful in some arts, especially this one :^_^

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
hey people. I know i was absent from this thread until now.
When i wrote this, i was in kind of a rough patch and then i didnt really want to drag it down into negativity.
Since i am all better now, here we go:

Happiness is a state of mind which I don't care much about. I don't question myself whether I'm happy or not. I used to be very depressed and unhappy throughout my teenage years. But once I stopped caring and started living like nothing matters to me and nothing can shake me anymore, things got better. I do have goals. More like, I created soome goals for me. Goals help you to go through everyday life. Otherwise it'd be problematic to go through every single day not knowing why you live or what you should be doing.
That is interesting. May I ask what those goals are?
For me it is completely different: I do have things i like to archieve, but my day gets very stressed when it has a special purpose or i 'know' what i should be doing.
The most blessed and also productive time in my life was when i had absolutely nothing to do. That was before i studied but after school, i had about half a year in that time without any responsibility and all i did was a lot of sports, writing, meeting friends and generally being happy.
But the second i have something i 'should' do, even if it is not much, i start procrastinating it by useless actions and feel stressed, even if that something is the work of half an hour and something i even generally like.
I think i am the happiest when i have no goals, no responsibility and just do what i feel. Because oftentimes, what i feel like doing is something i put a lot of effort in.

The the biggest problem is.. I don't know what to do with life. I study in a very good uni, but I figured out that I don't want to live on a boring job on a office. It isn't for me, I hate it, I feel like I do it because I need money to survive, but for what? I don't know what my goals are (getting my degree ara a goal, but what then?). Hating what I do is not the problem, the problem is not knowing what I I'd like to do. I feel like I'm smart, but don't have any especific skills besides making good friends, so I don't know what I would like to do in/with life and that sucks.
I can relate to that. Sometimes, these questions help: In which situations do you feel happy or productive? Got any hobbies which could become a job? Is there a person who inspires you? Sometimes, the problem is also solved by having a partner you love. Then it is no problem to do a boring job for the family.
I personally couldnt do a 0815 office job either, mentally.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No. I need a job in my field.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
business administration, specifically marketing.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
business administration, specifically marketing.
Oh wow, that is something i could never do. best of luck with finding something for you, tho.

Reactions: M3J

biochoc

Reaction score
Country
England
I wake up healthy, recently got married to a wonderful man, moved back home after spending 2 years oversees. I must sa, i am happy, but happiness comes from within, being grateful for the things we have as opposed to always feeling unfulfilled with the things we do not have :)

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Honestly?

I'm not happy. I'm poor and live in a rural setting where everything is a thousand and one miles away and costs me a crapload of money I don't have (like even 1$ making a huge difference in my life). That's not the end of it, either. Electricity? Yes please...or do I want to pay my water bill? I gotta decide between them because the income tax eats most of my money and I have to pay Obamacare now even though I can't afford to go to the hospital, plus gas is a killer.

What would it take to make me happy? Very little. I could be a whole lot happier if I had more money in my life. I don't want much in this life. I just want enough money to survive comfortable (because surviving isn't enough) with a job that I like, so that I don't have to worry about what bill to pay, especially in the winter.

Am I bitter? No, I'm optimistic despite the crappy life I have lived. Change is just around the corner—I just need someone to take a chance with me, like most poor Americans/people need.

What do I think of humankind? I honestly do not like people.

reverie

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Oh how I love this thread. :wub

Not everything in my life is running smoothly but I always, alwaaaaays make sure to see the good in the bad. It keeps me going. Lori Deschene once stated: "Life is always going to contain a little darkness, but we get to decide whether or not we recognize and appreciate the light." I have decided to appreciate the light. That being said, I am considering myself an optimist. ;)

As for my goals -- Well, my dreams used to be so far-fetched; becoming a flight attendant and an accountant at the same time. :heh But that was years ago. I got a degree in accounting and decided that if I reached the stage where I am already financially independent, then I could just travel around the world to live my unpursued ambition.

What I think about society/people -- hmm, I would always appreciate 'rawness'. I like people who do not put up a facade. People who are not influenced by societal norms (just as long as they are not doing any harm). I actually don't mind much about others. I personally prefer a small company though I'm always open for meeting new people.

And lastly, yes, I am a skeptical person. You can't blame me, professional skepticism was one of my subjects back then. :XD I'll always have doubts but I'm working on it xD