Discussion - Arturian Cycle and the Future of 7DS | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Arturian Cycle and the Future of 7DS

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
[THIS DISCUSSION TAKES INTO ACCOUNT THAT YOU HAVE READ UP TO CHAPTER 224, IF YOU HAVEN´T, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK OF SPOILERS, WHICH WILL STILL BE MARKED, OF COURSE]

Hello guys,

So, like most have already realized, Nanatsu no Taizai is pretty much a prequel to the myths of King Arthur, who is even a character in story, together with Nanatsu´s version of Merlin the Mage.

It should be noted that it is a prequel as Nakaba has stated in some of those volumes bonuses that his Arthur is not wielding excabulir yet, and from what we have seen in the story, the Knights of the Round Table are not even formed yet (based on the fact that almost all of the knights that were together with Arthur have died/ The group has never been even hinted at in story/When Arthur invited Meliodas he didn´t mention anything about it/ No comments on similarities between Escanor and Gawain).

I also think that Nakaba has flat out stated that Nanatsu is a prequel to Arthur, but I haven´t found a reliable source.

That aside, in the Myth!Arthur, most of the names of our main cast are taken from Kings and Queens (most notably Ban/Elaine and Meliodas/Elizabeth) of neighboors countries of Camelot.

Also, with the revelation of the latest chapter, 224,
It is highly hinted that both Elizabeth and Meliodas will die at the end of Nanatsu no Taizai

With that in mind, heres some questions that are the main point of this discussion?

Would you guys prefer 7DS to end on its own accord, or have a ending that follows the circle of King Arthur?
Would more elements of the Arthurian Mythos add to the 7DS story (namely KRTable and Morgana), or do they belong in a sequel?
Would you read a sequel by Nakaba on Arthur (Not necessarily with him as a protag...cofcofGawainisEscanorXMerlin´ssoncofcof)?

Theforsakensoul

Reaction score
Country
Canada
He actually said he'd be doing king Arthur series after Taizai in one of his Q&As

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
He actually said he'd be doing king Arthur series after Taizai in one of his Q&As
Yep, it's on pages 134-135 of the first fanbook.

Q: Do you plan or wish to draw the Arthurian legends themselves after The Seven Deadly Sins?
A: I've answered it in different interviews; I'm planning on doing it.

Last edited:

Hendy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hard to answer, i don't like to imagine that Nanatsu will end any time soon :/
But with all that is happening in the manga atm, i feel that the ending is close. But yeah, i would like a sequel.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
For me it's weird that nakaba would make a nanatsu sequel via arthur TBH. Arthur has a PL of over 40k and it seems like awakening his magic is something that is going to be necessary during this manga. What sort of manga could follow if arthur starts being that ridiculously OP? What sort of enemy could he fight if the demon and goddess clan are defeated? I am guessing that arthur is going to loose a fair bit of his power if nakaba is really serious about doing the sequel...

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He might awaken it for a short moment in NNT and gain more control over it progressively in his series. But Nakaba likes OP MCs.

Kongou Banchou was nowhere as good as NNT but he made it work with Akira.

Bigbootyjudy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
For me it's weird that nakaba would make a nanatsu sequel via arthur TBH. Arthur has a PL of over 40k and it seems like awakening his magic is something that is going to be necessary during this manga. What sort of manga could follow if arthur starts being that ridiculously OP? What sort of enemy could he fight if the demon and goddess clan are defeated? I am guessing that arthur is going to loose a fair bit of his power if nakaba is really serious about doing the sequel...
Well in the Arthurian stories he was also insanely strong (not in NNT levels, but in like 'fairy-tale' levels). I would imagine that, just like in the stories, it wouldn't come down to fighting people one on one, but more personal problems, intrigue and meddling. A huge plot point is how Arthur was betrayed by Lancelot (who is supposed to be Ban and Elaines son if i'm not mistaken!) and his wife Guinevere. Even the strongest man around (aka Mel) would be broken by something like that. I think there are a lot of avenues Nakaba could go down without nerfing Arthur.

A more intriguing question for me is wtf is going to happen with crazy-ass Vivian. We already got her in the bottom of the lake...what now?

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I could see arthur not being the protag depending on the ammount of spotlight he gets in NNT, and we following some of the newer Knights of the Round, or maybe Arthur will "Break his Arm Punching Chutulu" (google it on tv tropes).

Then again, by this time arthur already has gotten his first sword and is already a king, so we, in a sense, are seeing "part 1" of his story, only with focus on the Sins.

But on the topic of the sins, aside from Merlin ofc, do you guys want them to appear at Arthur´s story?