Second Round - Assassination Classroom vs. Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round Assassination Classroom vs. Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

Who wins?

• Assassination Classroom

• Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Assassination Classroom
Yuusei Matsui
-

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan
Sumomo Yumeka

Rules- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it
Special Rules- We proudly encourage you to share the best pics of your Manga!
- Earn the possibility to win a badge by being the proudest Mangalover around!

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
FAIR WARNING FOR ANYONE COMING INTO THE THREAD:

Actual imagery of what people think will happen:

Behind the scenes though:

What might happen:

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Watashitachi Campagin[post=4892561] I. Series Overview [/post]

Alright, so for the millionth time, I'll cover the length of the series once more. ONLY 8 chapters, meaning that the amount of material to present as a campaign is really minimal without diving into massive spoiler territory, ideally that first post linked at the top should cover all the bases as to why you should vote for Watashitachi (read the post if you haven't :arf and if you have, read it again
) , that and voting is open for 5 days, so reading the manga and deciding for yourself is a valid option, so go do it!!!!

Alright homies, that's it from me, Vote Watashitachi!!

…………

Now, Assassination Classroom's very own Koro-Sensei has some wise words for all of us

BEFORE:

AFTER:

…………….

Koro Sensei's Watashitachi Chapter Notes

Chapter I: The Pianist & The Prisoner

"2 Characters intertwined by fate"

"Where the rising sun has opposite meaning"

…..

"The beginning"

and

"The end"

Chapter II: What One Hates, The Other Loves

"One's Happiness"

"is another's despair"

Chapter III: Resolve

"The conflict within"

"Resolve"

Chapter IV: Snow

"As the weather changes"

"People begin to change as well"

Chapter V: Cause & Effect

"Cause"

"Effect"

Chapter VI: Truth

"The truth"

"Consequence"

"Coming to terms"

Chapter VII: As The Days Go By

"Waiting for Thursday"

"But it's only Monday"

"And the wait is agonizing"

Chapter VIII: Full-Circle

"The past"

"The present"

*Koro Sensei Note: The Past doesn't signify an actual meeting, to understand the actual context you'll just have to read the manga

Alright, I think that's good for now. Once again, I tried avoiding major spoilers. Watashitachi is a phenomenal short series following 2 characters and their personal struggles and over the course of 8 chapters we are introduced to the many factors surrounding said struggles, how they cope, how their perspective changes, and the impact they leave on one another. Just remember though, this ain't no love story.

Vote Wata!! and read too, only 8 chapters

"Thursdays at 10"
"tick tock, tick tock"

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
@Gryffindor proving once more with this round and the previous that he's my favorite campaigner in these events. Props.

I enjoyed Assassination Classroom (though I've only watched the anime) and though I first thought the premise sounded done to death, I quite enjoyed it.
Thus, I will start reading Watashitachi today to form an opinion of both, and wait for eventual campaigning for its opponent before I vote.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Gryff's manga seems to be sad and beautiful ,i will read it soon.

@Emperor Spriggan if i see the anime of Assassination classroom will it be alright?Is it faithful to the manga?

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Gryff's manga seems to be sad and beautiful ,i will read it soon.

@Emperor Spriggan if i see the anime of Assassination classroom will it be alright?Is it faithful to the manga?
70% faithful. The manga goes into better detail :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now, Assassination Classroom's very own Koro-Sensei has some wise words for all of us

BEFORE:

AFTER:

…………….

Last time, I talked about the manga's synopsis so this time I want to try something different. Assassination Classroom is a manga about a school.....but it even goes more than that. This is a manga about life, making the right decisions and also learning from your mistakes. Not letting them weigh you down but instead using them as stepping stones to get better.
The person at the forefront of all this is of course, Koro-sensei. He is honestly the best character in the series from an outsider's perspective (Not my personal favorite though), but the way this man has been written is honestly just absolutely genius. Look at this:

Case 1:Sugino
Sugino is one of the students in Class E, who dreams of becoming a baseball player. His idol is Arita, one of the best baseball players in the world. But in all his life, Sugino felt as if he could never be good. Koro-sensei didn't discourage him. Instead he encouraged him to work hard at baseball. This was the end result:

Case 2:Kataoka
Kataoka is the female class representative for Class E. In such a leadership position, you would think she was the perfect example of the model student.

She was flawed in the sense that she was too kind, and would always help her friend out with studying.

Even when it clearly didn't make her happy.

This is what an encounter with Koro-sensei helped achieve:

Case 3: Sugaya

An artistic student in Class E....who sometimes takes too many liberties :XD

When he met Koro-sensei though:

Moral of the story? Never let anyone make you feel bad for enjoying the things you like. Even if it is flinging mud at others. There will always be like minded people like you everywhere. You just need to be yourself and they'll show up.

This doesn't mean you should scribble at the back of your exam papers though :p

Case 4: Karma

My favorite character in the series. Hands down. His character development is the best done one in the series, and it's been there in effect ever since we first saw him. Initially introduced as a delinquent who hated teachers because of a terrible experience with one in the past:

Due to this he came to believe that teachers, or basically people in authority only concerned themselves with others as long as it befitted them. Whenever things would make them look bad, they would be quick to abandon them. Which also explained his hatred towards Koro-sensei in the first place, and why he skipped out on school for a while. But then:

It didn't just end there though. Later on in the series, he got a job in an authoritative position:
There are several other gems of morality scattered around in the series like this, so including most of them in this post will be a little too much sadly :hi I do intend on trying to talk about some of them later on though.
But, for what it's worth. I do hope I managed to garner your vote towards Assassination Classroom;)

VOTE FOR KORO-SENSEI!!

Special credits to @Zirconium for helping out with this campaign:blush

Last edited:

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
A sad tragic masterpiece about a boy on death row versus a manga about a classroom trying to kill their octopus monster teacher.... fitting.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voted AssClass. It's a manga I should read given how popular the title was.

Found it hard to get into Watashit, to the point I was frustrated with several things in so few chapters. The predictable ending was nice though. But, everyone who I know read it loved it so there's something there... if you haven't tried it give it a go.

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Hmmm aren't you going to dive into nagisa character spriggan ?

Btw in a nutshell
Nagisa: looks like a cinnamon roll, could kill you

Koro-sensei: looks like a cinnamon roll that is a cinnamon roll but could kill you especially in the past

Karasuma-sensei: looks like could kill you that will kill you especially if you harm his students

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Hmmm aren't you going to dive into nagisa character spriggan ?
Not yet :p At least in the current round I dont think talking about the characters will help. But thanks for the support :)

Since Watashitachi is a manga that focuses on the relationship between the two main characters :grumble Let's try a different approach this time

Nagisa and Karma's relationship
No, not that relationship

Nagisa is the main character of the story, a guy with feminine looks. Long story short:
Nagisa: looks like a cinnamon roll, could kill you
And Karma on the other hand...
Ever since he was younger, Nagisa always looked up to Karma and wanted to be like him:

To acquintances:

To strangers once again:

Then enemies:

And finally, to friends once again:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Not yet :p At least in the current round I dont think talking about the characters will help. But thanks for the support :)

Since Watashitachi is a manga that focuses on the relationship between the two main characters :grumble Let's try a different approach this time

Nagisa and Karma's relationship
No, not that relationship

Nagisa is the main character of the story, a guy with feminine looks. Long story short:

And Karma on the other hand...

Ever since he was younger, Nagisa always looked up to Karma and wanted to be like him:

To acquintances:

To strangers once again:

Then enemies:

And finally, to friends once again:

Empiiii stop spoiling come on!! :arf

Voted for Ansatsu again this time, its a very special manga to me and I would recommend it to anyone, a very light and fun read.
The anime was nice, but it didn't capture the atmosphere of many scenes imo (makes some things way more silly than what they are meant to be, specially in Season 1). Take the manga for the most satisfying experience :amuse

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Empiiii stop spoiling come on!! :arf

Voted for Ansatsu again this time, its a very special manga to me and I would recommend it to anyone, a very light and fun read.
The anime was nice, but it didn't capture the atmosphere of many scenes imo (makes some things way more silly than what they are meant to be, specially in Season 1). Take the manga for the most satisfying experience :amuse
I tagged with spoilers :XD:XD
How else should I campaign? :hmph

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I tagged with spoilers :XD:XD
How else should I campaign? :hmph
Just avoid key points of te arcs, revelations and stuff you know.

That picture of Kayano with tentacles, like... daaaamn. Karma and Nagisa's battle outcome.
Also some of the last panels of the manga heavily imply Korosensei's death (I still haven't got over it...), be careful with the panel selection.

That aside you are making a great campaign :super

Status
Not open for further replies.