Round of 16 - August vs. Erza | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs. Erza

Who wins?

• August

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Voting and Discussion ends: August 14th, 2022

CharactersInfo and limitations
August
Erza Scarlet

Ronin31

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
August is too strong for a casual Erza who is fighting alone and without people's life in balance (can't PoF here).
She is just fighting like she did vs Laxus. She can't tap into her crazy potential.

I still see August above current Erza and Laxus' level.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
but what about holder magic against August?

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
While I do think August is above her still, Erza did powerup a lot compared to Alvarez and she is supposedly August's counter, and she's Erza.

That's actually a very interesting matchup !

I'll wait to see arguments from both sides before making a decision :popcorn

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I agree with you both and this is the best match up you have made, Kiki. Thanks :).

Even if August can't duplicate Magic Tools, he is extremely strong and versatile with his own mastery, Eileen's rival.
Even if Erza is a hard counter for August, she needs her PoF to stand a victory as I still can't think causal 100YQ Erza has enhance enough since a year to be on par with climax PoF Erza (the one who fought Eileen).

But yes, she's Erza and is a monster tank, so, as for now, I am about 55%/45% in August's favor. If Erza was in a battle configuration like "Erza vs August vs Jellal", it should be perfect as, with Jellal's fallen, she could enter her PoF to protect his life and made a finisher.

My vote is for August, but I still wait and see. I can possibly change my vote, just like Zelefomavis :).

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Quite hard to decide.

In theory, August has Midnight's magic which renders him immune to all swords. Plus Ajeel's sand magic also.
So, in theory August wins.

But if he fights like he did against Gildarts, and engage mostly in physical combat, Erza wins for sure

I still can't think causal 100YQ Erza has enhance enough since a year to be on par with climax PoF Erza (the one who fought Eileen).
Why not?

Let's do this with some other timeline.
x791 POF Erza (against Kyouka) vs x792 no POF Erza. Who wins?

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
August can't counter her holder type, plus She can Enchante as well now.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
August can't counter her holder type, plus She can Enchante as well now.
Sure Erza is his best counter. Strength, speed, insane durability, Magic he can't duplicate. Hard choice.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Going for August here, regardless of how much Erza has improven (without pof) since Alvarez. August was an idiot in his fight against Gildart, but:

- He still didn't stay down after Gildart's strongest punch. If Erza manages to hit him, he can endure quite a bit of punishment.

- He was shown being capable of hurting Gildarts with his cane, meaning he's actually quite strong and capable of melee.

- He has been shown capable (onscreen) to retain stolen magics after the fight, so he actually does have plenty of counters to Erza's holder magic if he doesn't attack like an idiot like he did with Gildarts, but I'm assuming for this fight that he's not always such an idiot.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Going for August here, regardless of how much Erza has improven (without pof) since Alvarez. August was an idiot in his fight against Gildart, but:

- He still didn't stay down after Gildart's strongest punch. If Erza manages to hit him, he can endure quite a bit of punishment.

- He was shown being capable of hurting Gildarts with his cane, meaning he's actually quite strong and capable of melee.

- He has been shown capable (onscreen) to retain stolen magics after the fight, so he actually does have plenty of counters to Erza's holder magic if he doesn't attack like an idiot like he did with Gildarts, but I'm assuming for this fight that he's not always such an idiot.
Yeah, August should take this convincingly if there is no CIS.

If he fights like he did against Gildarts, he loses for sure. Cause current Erza should be a lot stronger than x792 Gildarts

Sure Erza is his best counter. Strength, speed, insane durability, Magic he can't duplicate. Hard choice.
He can duplicate the magic though, since her magic itself is requip. No reason he can't duplicate and nullify requip itself.

So, I'd assume once Erza uses requip, she would be stuck in whatever mode she is in. Not like it matters, there is nothing stronger than fire pants, so she just needs to requip once to fire pants and she's good to go

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
He can duplicate the magic though, since her magic itself is requip. No reason he can't duplicate and nullify requip itself.

So, I'd assume once Erza uses requip, she would be stuck in whatever mode she is in. Not like it matters, there is nothing stronger than fire pants, so she just needs to requip once to fire pants and she's good to go
Actually, I know movies are not canon and all, but there was this one movie in which Erza faced another requip user, Coordinator, and Coordinator was capable of dispelling Erza's requip.

I am voting for August regardless of this point, so this is just to add to the discussion.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Actually, I know movies are not canon and all,
They are canon, Manga even confirmed it by showing and mentioning characters from both movies.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
He has been shown capable (onscreen) to retain stolen magics after the fight, so he actually does have plenty of counters to Erza's holder magic if he doesn't attack like an idiot like he did with Gildarts, but I'm assuming for this fight that he's not always such an idiot.
May i ask when August was shown to retain magic.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
They are canon, Manga even confirmed it by showing and mentioning characters from both movies.
They are? News to me, but good to know.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are not. Only things cannon are the manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I like how @grey matter is arguing for August (=irene) on one thread and kind of arguing for Misaki (=< erza) in one lol.

I mean if there is a huge power jump in this time skip and irene cant guarantee take over Misaki dimension then August time stop and reflector would be useless against erza

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
August is no Irene. He foderrise Erza.

Sure Erza is his best counter. Strength, speed, insane durability,
Durability isn't gonna matter if August has crush.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Both FT and FT 100YQ referenced movies events

Yes, but I won't say they are cannon. The manga is cannon everything else is filler.
fillers are made to buy time or money for the studio. Mishma has alot less control or time for them
Mishma might burrow stuffs from fillers but that is just to add more flavor in the main story.
Alot of manga readers don't watch anime nor movies

August is no Irene. He foderrise Erza.
They are literally said to be equal.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes just like Dimaria and Ajeel are equals.
Erm so we just put our bais in here instead, I see.

I normally tend to keep my headcannon the least amount so I can actually follow what mishma thinks rather than foaming after mishma does something my bais didn't allow