Fantasy - August vs Suzaku | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy August vs Suzaku

kenedyfake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
after Suzaku's exploits, I don't see August being more than fodder ... honestly ..

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
YES August can't copy Suzaku's magic.

But Y'all forgot about all the spell comb inations August can do to compensate that.

Sound magic to predict all of suzaku's actions (reading his mind plus hearing his muscles) combined with enhaced meteor to match his speed.

Reflector magic will reflect Suzaku's sword ( August not using it against cana was plot armor)

Then August has plenty of mighty spells for offense ( crush, melt etc)
It depends on whether you consider Suzaku a tier above August or not.

If Suzaku is a tier above August (which I have reasons to beleive), he will simply slice through the reflector. Midnight's reflector didn't work against Jellal.

As for speed, Suzaku is simply too fast for August to keep up, even with mind read. But I guess with meteor, he can keep up. I still think Suzaku will win, because he has higher attack power and durability, he'll eventually get through August.
But I did change my mind, it's probably mid diff rather than a stomp

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If Suzaku is a tier above August (which I have reasons to beleive), he will simply slice through the reflector. Midnight's reflector didn't work against Jellal.
He's cutting through Selene's attacks. That makes Reflector look like fodder.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
August should be able to copy Suzaku's magic. He just won't have a sword to perform it with. He also can't negate the damage of Suzaku's sword.

Mind reading is unlikely to make a difference at the speed in which Suzaku moves at. He's much faster than meteor, and people slower than Suzaku can tag August. I guess it really depends on whether or not Suzaku's speed is an attribute of sword saint dragon slaying magic, or if it's something that he developed separately from it. If it's the former, then August can potentially just copy Suzaku's speed. If not, then he can't.

This is all under the assumption that August has higher MP than Suzaku. Which may not be the case.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I would say that August takes this, it is rather too soon to say that Suzaku takes this

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
August should be able to copy Suzaku's magic. He just won't have a sword to perform it with. He also can't negate the damage of Suzaku's sword.

Mind reading is unlikely to make a difference at the speed in which Suzaku moves at. He's much faster than meteor, and people slower than Suzaku can tag August. I guess it really depends on whether or not Suzaku's speed is an attribute of sword saint dragon slaying magic, or if it's something that he developed separately from it. If it's the former, then August can potentially just copy Suzaku's speed. If not, then he can't.

This is all under the assumption that August has higher MP than Suzaku. Which may not be the case.
Gildarts tagged August before he used meteor tho. Meteor can probably allow him to dodge a few slashes when combined with mind read, but yea it won't make the difference in the end. I suppose August can go from being stomped, to giving a mid diff.

I think Suzaku is a tier or more above August in everything, including mp. If that wasn't the case, August can simply use mass manipulation (organ burst) or any other Spriggan hax on Suzaku and finish him off fast.

Yea, I don't think Suzaku will have any trouble negating reflector

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
He's cutting through Selene's attacks. That makes Selene look like fodder.

Why all of you arguing it like Suzaku is strong because he can stand against Selene? Why not otherwise?
It is simple rule of most of mangas - first, villains show their power, then they got beaten. DEs were shown like powerhouse, and still non of them are strong enough. Madmole got scratched by Elfman, Kiria got oneshoted by Laxus. They are like trash. Cool, with some little haxes, trash. So what makes Suzaku so special? He beat Erza and Natsu? Like, almost ANY villain in FT?? Before getting defeated by them or someone else.

And about August and Irene. On top of everything - they werent defeated by opponents.
We know that spriggans have enough mp to cover towns, and it was said that they are even stronger. Brandish's (and I assume others too) magic works on her tier spriggans. Irene can make a person tiers stronger than Brandish herself. And it is just one person. How much mp she has at all? She can affect entire country, make million soldiers as power as S class wizards at the beginning, pull out a meteor from freaking space. Non of DG showed anything comparable to her. Aldoron is just big. Water guy made some water shit and was hurt by Kiria even in human form (so her slayer advantage wasnt at work). Selene made a moon look bigger. We dont even know what she actually did. Pull it closer? Made it bigger? Made it look bigger? Or is it just some kind of illusion or a sphere of her magic? Two first options would destroy the earth.

And we have no proof that DG are Acno lvl. In some of last chapters was stated that both Water and Wood DG werent at their full power. And if Water one was just weaker than usual, Aldoron wasnt even at his original power, which means he is even weaker than he was early (even so it was stated that he slept to built power). Maybe they could have been around Acno lvl in the past, but we also know that Acno became stronger with time. Erza stated Acno is much stronger than he was 8 years. It is just meaningless to believe they are on his lvl now.

PS. Ingeel is not on Acno lvl. Acno rected him in the past, when he was much weaker. And he did it to likely half of all dragons. How in hell could anyone think that halfdead soulless Ingeel could be a match to full power Acno? Acno sees Igneel (and everyone else) as ants. Maybe not ant, cockroach xd. He never fought him at serious. And he also was heavily affected by Face which literally made him fall unconscious.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Why all of you arguing it like Suzaku is strong because he can stand against Selene? Why not otherwise?
Because it's stated multiple times that DGs are Acno tier?

It is simple rule of most of mangas - first, villains show their power, then they got beaten. DEs were shown like powerhouse, and still non of them are strong enough. Madmole got scratched by Elfman, Kiria got oneshoted by Laxus. They are like trash. Cool, with some little haxes, trash. So what makes Suzaku so special? He beat Erza and Natsu? Like, almost ANY villain in FT?? Before getting defeated by them or someone else.
Kyria beat Erza with hax, while Suzaku did it with pure stats, no cheating hax. Suzaku is special because of his feats against Selene.
Madmole was about to get rekt by Natsu too. Elfman isn't some weakling, he also defeated Ajeel before. And this happened off screen, so we don't know how it happened as well.

And about August and Irene. On top of everything - they werent defeated by opponents.
We know that spriggans have enough mp to cover towns, and it was said that they are even stronger. Brandish's (and I assume others too) magic works on her tier spriggans. Irene can make a person tiers stronger than Brandish herself. And it is just one person. How much mp she has at all? She can affect entire country, make million soldiers as power as S class wizards at the beginning, pull out a meteor from freaking space. Non of DG showed anything comparable to her. Aldoron is just big. Water guy made some water shit and was hurt by Kiria even in human form (so her slayer advantage wasnt at work). Selene made a moon look bigger. We dont even know what she actually did. Pull it closer? Made it bigger? Made it look bigger? Or is it just some kind of illusion or a sphere of her magic? Two first options would destroy the earth.
Stop it. DGs >>>>>>>>>>>> August and Eileen.

PS. Ingeel is not on Acno lvl. Acno rected him in the past, when he was much weaker. And he did it to likely half of all dragons. How in hell could anyone think that halfdead soulless Ingeel could be a match to full power Acno? Acno sees Igneel (and everyone else) as ants. Maybe not ant, cockroach xd. He never fought him at serious. And he also was heavily affected by Face which literally made him fall unconscious.
Acno rekt Igneel (and likely other strong dragons) with soul steal, which probably didn't involve direct confrontation.

Soulless Igneel reached his prime powers by absorbing MP from within Natsu'd body for years. That was the point of travelling to future to begin with, for parent dragons to recover their powers after Acno stone their souls, which was hard their own era with low MP
Soul-less Igneel was going to die anyway, but he recovered his powers to fight at his prime for a certain borrowed time. Same with other parent dragons.
Acno didn't fight at his seriously? Yea, that's why he lost an arm lol, stop.
Face took effect only for some time. Before that, and afterwards, Igneel was fighting pretty much equally against Acno.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Because her feats aren't fodder?

He's cutting through Selene's attacks. That makes Selene look like fodder.
No it doesn't......

And we have no proof that DG are Acno lvl. In some of last chapters was stated that both Water and Wood DG werent at their full power. And if Water one was just weaker than usual, Aldoron wasnt even at his original power, which means he is even weaker than he was early (even so it was stated that he slept to built power). Maybe they could have been around Acno lvl in the past, but we also know that Acno became stronger with time. Erza stated Acno is much stronger than he was 8 years. It is just meaningless to believe they are on his lvl now.
Lmao all 5 DGS are stronger than Acnologia. Villains get surpassed, get over it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He legit ripper his arm off.

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Zeref was defeated by Natsu so he is trash? FH Zeref is above August and Irene by their own admission. So this makes August and Irene trash as well.

We know that spriggans have enough mp to cover towns, and it was said that they are even stronger. Brandish's (and I assume others too) magic works on her tier spriggans. Irene can make a person tiers stronger than Brandish herself. And it is just one person. How much mp she has at all? She can affect entire country, make million soldiers as power as S class wizards at the beginning, pull out a meteor from freaking space.
Size means jack shit in fairy tail. The last attack that beat FH Zeref wasn't even building level. If you compare visuals for power then Selene has the biggest feats in size as well as affecting an earth land from another world. Acnologia hasn't himself shown any AOE feats compared to Spriggans so that should make his trash as well.

Acnologia never thought of Igneel as a cockroach. This is nothing but your headcanon. Acnologia ignored August which means his strength even below cockroach. That of a piece of shit. His magic power didn't impress him as well.

Madmole got scratched by Elfman
Who cares. It was your problem viewing Elfman as a weakling. He beat Ajeel.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Two first options would destroy the earth.
Mashima is not a scientist don't bother. He never cared about scientific effects. He only cares if they are cool.

Kiria got oneshoted by Laxus
Never got oneshotted.

Water guy made some water shit and was hurt by Kiria even in human form (so her slayer advantage wasnt at work)
Merc power was lost thanks to Faris so Kiria took her out. That's no different to beating ordinary humans with no magic.

She can affect entire country, make million soldiers as power as S class wizards at the beginning
She didn't. They were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers. Gildarts was beating them left and right. If they were S class level then one soldier would have been enough taken out Gildarts and Erza respectively.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
i really hate it but they made random stronger than august.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
i really hate it but they made random stronger than august.
What makes you think that suzaku cutting selene is a legit feat? like it does not make sense that someone that got reacted by a weakened erza beated selene or that someone that isn't even the strongest of his guild (or not the strongest of the BDSK) can beat selene + he was getting fodderized at the start so it rlly does not make sense, mashima prob has something up his sleeve

august is random too
Lol since when was the top spriggan,wizard king and one of the biggest threats in the war random

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
August should be able to shield against Sazuke attacks given Jellal was able to shield against an attack against Acnologia. Add in Racer slower magic and Dimaria time magic I don't see Sazuke speed or attacks being of any value against August.

The powers August should posses are as followed:
  • Dimaria Magic
  • Brandish Magic
  • Irene Enchantment
  • Ajeel sand
  • Jelllal Magic
  • Invel Magic
  • OS Magic
  • Jacob magic
  • Nienheart
  • Any caster mage he has encounted.

People are hyping Sazuke up way more than he should be. Mind you someone like Jellal could block a Human Acnolgia attack and temporally out speed a dragon Acnologia. Irene was able to push Acnologia back and even dodge his attacks. Hell even Erza with her swords was able to push Acnologia down.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The powers August should posses are as followed
August has Gildarts' magic, so he can stomp anyone isn't immune to magic and who he faster than, with a few speed and time magic - I don't think there is anyone faster than August (maybe Dragon Irene, or human Irene if she can somehow enchant his time magic)

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly people downplay August too much. I would have loved to have seen August versus Selene in Elentir as that would have been way more awesome than Sazuke vs Selene.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
August has Gildarts' magic, so he can stomp anyone isn't immune to magic and who he faster than, with a few speed and time magic - I don't think there is anyone faster than August (maybe Dragon Irene, or human Irene if she can somehow enchant his time magic)
august is not the fastest acnologia is with igneel being 2nd but august is faster then suzaku tho

Honestly people downplay August too much. I would have loved to have seen August versus Selene in Elentir as that would have been way more awesome than Sazuke vs Selene.
Lol august would have done so much better against selene that selene wont even fake her defeat (i think she faked her defeat for obvious reasons prob to make suzaku mad)

Honestly august,irene and base zeref are DG tier feel free to debate me on it oh wait nvm i already did and no one would listen

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
People are hyping Sazuke up way more than he should be. Mind you someone like Jellal could block a Human Acnolgia attack and temporally out speed a dragon Acnologia. Irene was able to push Acnologia back and even dodge his attacks. Hell even Erza with her swords was able to push Acnologia down.
None of this is even comparable beating someone who is confirmed by the author to be just as strong as Acno.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
None of this is even comparable beating someone who is confirmed by the author to be just as strong as Acno.
Nah he never beat her and if he did then selene is weak as hell LOL acno would have one tapped suzaku.

besides when has suzaku ever done anything like this?