Shounen - Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi | Page 52 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Bakuman by Ohba Tsugumi and Obata Takeshi

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Re: [FINAL] Bakuman 176 Discussion

BAWWW. Honestly, that was so abrupt. That's my first reaction, I'll read it again in a few days to let it fully soak in that Bakuman's ended. (old habits don't die easily, I was gonna make a 177 spoiler thread just now...)

This chapter at least cemented something for me; it reinforces what I thought this manga was always about: manga first, romance second.

tobeulp

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Good Job Ohba and Obata making a unique manga about manga that we readers now know how hard it is for the mangaka/editor to make a manga.... The ending is not the best but not the worst it is just good I am still looking for more chapters like 10years after but still great Manga hoping Ohba and Obata will make another new unique Manga that will blow us away like Death Note ^^.

Euphemism

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Re: Bakuman 176 Spoiler Thread

just think at some from Kodansha are spies in Shueisha and viceversa . They give early scans to lower the enemies sales. Maybe a joke, maybe a reality.There isn't a true other reason for any Sueisha's employee to risk their jobs for almost nothing. believe me , it is very simple to see who's the person who's sending the scans to scans teams. Why isn't Bakuman early scanned? Because is not a top Jump mainstream. It may be top but not a mainstream. First series : OP,Naruto,Bleach ; second series: Beelzebub , HxH and Toriko. Sometime, very rare, Bakuman in second(like in this week,I hope) .In rest - third set of series.
Thank you for clearing my doubts! I finally understand now. :D

scaramanga

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

I'm kinda dissapointed. I expected a lot more from final chapter.

UnknownMugiwara

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Denmark

Wow, I didn't expect it to be in this chapter..
But thank you Ohba and Obata for Bakuman! It is a good series (:

SHINOBI-03

Reaction score

Wait, that's it?! Not even a wedding or an actual conclusion? Hopefully there'll be something extra when the volumes are released.

Never the less, thank you Ohba and Obata for such an amazing and informative series. We hope to see you in a new project.

Asuka0112

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
China

They can't end it just like that. I really want to see Mashiro and Azuki live together, their wedding and Ashirogi's next work (>_<).

Tell me this isn't real (´・ω・`).

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel

This chapter at least cemented something for me; it reinforces what I thought this manga was always about: manga first, romance second.
Of course, Mashiro even said it straight to Azuki's face. This manga was never more about romance than manga, we were never given any reason to think that.

Anyway, yeah. It's over. Fucking hell, I don't even know what to feel anymore.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

I just noticed something really awesome: the title's Dreams and Reality, the same title as chapter 1.

We just finally got to the reality part of it.
There will be manly tears shed over this.
Many.

sekida

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Really nice ending, suits them very well.

Nakai was forgotten LOL

"Look forward to our next series" =)))))
Even though it's expected, reading a confirmation from them really makes me =)))))

Last edited:

Nognir

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

Count me in in the dissappointed club... This chapter would be the perfect before-the-final chapter - but this being the final chapter... It leaves a kinda stale taste. Really hope there will be something extra in the volume release, a bonus chapter showing the Mashiro household life.

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Added a poll, guys. Go nuts. Curious to see what the majority feel.

SHINOBI-03

Reaction score

And with this chapter, my chapter guide comes to an end. But it'll be completed 100% when the final volume is released in English.

Four years went by... and this was the first manga series I follow from the very first chapter. Every other ones were either finished or followed after their beginning by a long shot.

Mike050

Reaction score
Country
Finland

Great ending. Not a cop-out at all, I thought it was perfect and suited the duo's style of doing things and what they have been preaching all along - doing a manga on their OWN terms. This time, compared to Death Note, aside from many comedy chapters, I didn't feel like the series was prolonged just for being popular at all!

great conclusion and I'll read it again back-to-back when I have time.

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

One-shot. Just like with DN, we'll see a one-shot in a couple months.

That's all I can say for now.

/goes crying in corner because favorite series ended

DoctorApollo

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Israel

Wait, but Bakuman didn't have a one shot, right?

I think with DN they needed to test the waters, but their street credit post-DN is so high that they should be able to go straight to series. I don't see why they'd have a one shot, but meh.

I really want to read a battle story by Obata. Characters like Crow and stuff like that. I would really like it, but I don't think either of them would want to draw that. We're probably getting another psychological battle? Actually, it might be pointless to guess. Bakuman and Death Note are like night and day. It could go anywhere. Either way, Death Note ended in 2006 and Bakuman started in 2008, and the Death Note anime ended in 2008, too, I think. Point is, we shouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

R4n

Reaction score
Country
Micronesia

aah i am so glad i didn't read any spoilers this week! otherwise it would have ruined the (surprise) final chapter for me.
I think the ending is nice enough. It is rather flat and anti-climatic but it is nice to end the manga after their goal is accomplished. Besides, it is good to give the fans freedom to imagine their life in the future.

Quartz-pebble

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Like I said last week, I'm not surprised that this was the last one, but I'm kind of disppointed in how it was executed. No Takagi? That means besides the flashback in this chapter, the last time we saw him is walking home from work last chapter (which, to me, is iconic). I thought we'd see a lot more here, just compressed, rather than just the one scene.

I'm pretty satisfied though. I'm really going to miss this series.

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

This is kinda a book ends ending, ended the way it began, I felt almost no emotion reading this chapter what so ever because I never really cared for mashiro's and azuki's romance, but at least I got some closure. I voted average on the poll.