Seinen - Battle Royale by Takami Koushun & Taguchi Masayuki (v15) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Battle Royale by Takami Koushun & Taguchi Masayuki (v15)

zombietoaster

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: Battle Royal (Finding the manga)

Is it just me or does the teacher look an awfully lot like sylvester stallone?

bakashijinsan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

pbongaloo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hello, this is my first post!

I think both the novel and manga were great, I find it hard to pick a favorite between the two... The manga did some things better in my opinion.

I saw the first movie and hated it... There was no character development at all, one after another they all died. It was cheesy and boring. And the end was rancid! :mad

No one brought this up, which I find weird!:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_II:_Blitz_Royale

It is the sequel to the manga, but it looks lame to me. :s Anyone have scans? Apparently it is ongoing.[br]Posted on: December 18, 2006, 09:09:05 PM_________________________________________________So no one has any information on the BRII manga? Crap!

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic

Well.. I've read Battle Royale manga, and absolutely LOVED it! Probably best manga i ever read.. :) Movie is good to, imho, just doesnt have space for all the development..

and ad Battle Royale 2 manga - It just suck

Asmodeus

Reaction score
Country
United States

Mangasketch scanned the english version, which I'm a huge fan of. The series is sad as hell sometimes, obscenely gory others, but still a fantastic read. Go with the M-S scans if you can.

Houjou

Reaction score
Country
Mongolia

I finished Battle Royale yesterday and... well, the final is 200% predictable :S
But it's good anyway. I enjoyed a lot during the first chapters, maybe it gets a little bored during the three last volumes... but hell, a great manga! (even I hate seeing so much blood everywhere...).

Btw, is Battle Royale. Not Battle Royal. Change the title please :S

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadone

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

there is other places to make dll ??

JC123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Nothing is quite as off the wall as Battle Royale...

ESPECIALLY Volume 8 and Volume 13... ;)

tuniman

Reaction score
Country
United States

The novel is alot better than the manga ..... but the manga isnt far behind .........

there should be an anime series to this .........

I also heard that there might be an American Remake of the movie ....... hopefully they dont mess it up

smokeesid

Reaction score
Country
India
In the Wikipedia it is written that Kiriyama lacked the ability to feel emotions. But if it was the case then how did he LIKED the pic of his mother? That means it wasn't the case. He was a child who wasn't ready to remember that event. So he became focused on what was important at that time while not paying attention to the major details of that event. And the reason for that close to perfect focus could be understood by the fact that he always liked that pic. It's love that takes part in deciding what is important in a moment if you are truly detached and people who meditate or concentrate a lot do become detached and so it wasn't a problem. He was able to feel everything to begin with and thus he was already able to treat whatever that comes in his awareness as ''A detail''(A mental detail (the souls that he saw in the climax) or a sensory one) . Battle Royale occurred too early in relation to his maturity and he matured a lot while playing it. It was his choice in the end to not kill the protagonist otherwise everyone would have died.

Last edited: