Anime - Bax Review On Naruto Shippuden 003 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Bax Review On Naruto Shippuden 003

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

First of all, sorry a bit late this week. I was busy with my personal problems :/ But now that is over, heh, lets start :amuse Credits goes to des for the screenshots and to eni as well for her help in editting and webspace.

A quick recap of last double episodes. Last time, we saw the return of Naruto to Konoha after his long training. We saw the character growths, new relationships were forged and also the Akatsuki. Not to forget, the Bell Test ^^ While some of the details in the last week's episode were left out, they are covered nicely in this week's episode.

Now, lets get started, shall we? As usual, screenshots are taken from Saiyaman RAW.

1. Wait Until I Say Start!!

~ Naruto starts the test with a blast!! Unfathomable!! ~

Okay, now START!!! Heh, the long awaited Bell Test is finally here. Naruto is on first. Well, it's good to see, the old Naruto has grown a lot. Remember the first test? Naruto can't do anything to Kakashi. This time, Kakashi was caught from behind. So much for a ninja isn't supposed to be caught from behind :amuse Naruto is absolutely impressive this time. Well, how often we saw Kakashi is caught off guard like that? Not since when Itachi stabbed him from behind back in the very first encounter of Akatsuki members.

Naruto has really grown a lot in the 2 and a half years. One thing to note is his agility is really impressive. Kage Bunshins and Henge in just a nick of time, really shown us his mastery of his old trades. He used them perfectly. And I bet many of us asking, why the big shuriken? Why should Naruto use a weapon that is big and hard to use? And if we want to relate to the current storyline in the manga, I guess this is where Naruto got the idea of his new Rasengan.

There is one let down here. Depending on how you view it, it could be big. The scene for Naruto here is really scene to scene from the manga. I was expecting a little bit more details of the fight from the anime.

[size=8pt]Manga Reference
● Bell Test One : Chapter 004 to Chapter 008
● Bell Test Two : Chapter 246

2. Akatsuki Infiltration

~ They started to move. Danger befalls Sunagakure!!!

After breaking through the entrance easily, the Akatsuki duo wasted no time at all. They mean business. This is why they are dangerous. Always straight to the point and won't stop at nothing before they get their goals. Lets talk more about Deidara in this scene.

We still don't know whether his clay ability is a Kekkei Genkai or just hidden jutsu. But one thing for sure, his jutsus are really handy. He can even make a bird that really can fly :o Well, the best way to search and attack something, is definitely from the sky. A good move I must say.

Now, do we ever think, how powerful is the Akatsuki members are? This scene really proves it. Suna is one of the biggest shinobi village. But yet, the Akatsuki just sent 2 of their members there. And what a surprise. Only one of them went into the village. Eeerrmm.. One of the biggest village, many excellent shinobis and a Jinchuuriki, and plus their objective is Gaara :o I must say, I'm impressed.

Manga Reference : Chapter 247

3. Next Up!! Haruno Sakura

~ Never underestimate this pretty girl. She is a monster!!

I just had to say, wow!! Other than Tsunade, I don't think anyone could pull off that punch!! No wonders even Orochimaru is afraid of that punch (of Tsunade). She just created an earthquake!! If someone got punched by that, I bet you know how they'll looks like at the end :p The background music is really amazing. I am hoping that this is the new Sakura theme music. Really fits her domination ^^

Oh, just listen to her sexy voice in this scene <33 "Kakashi-sensei... Found you". And Kakashi's expression is priceless :smile-big

And yesh, maybe this is overlooked but actually, Tsunade hinted that only Sakura can pull this kind of power. Remember when Tsunade told Shikamaru about what medic-nins must have? Yesh, precise control. And Kakashi does says the same thing in this scene. Well, I'm just wondering if Shizune can do it too, considering she is Tsunade's disciple as well.

Manga Reference : Chapter 246

4. Hide & Seek

~ Too bad Kakashi. If only you got the Byakugan ~

Yesh ^^ Finally, something that is not shown in the manga. Well, at least I got what the animators wanted to convey in this scene. It is too compliment the first bell test and to show how much improvements these two made so far. Noticed in the flashbacks that Kakashi knew where the three are hiding. But this time, even Kakashi had a hard time to judge where. Putting Naruto's Kage Bunshin possibility, Kakashi won't have much time to rest actually.

Well, at this point, Kakashi really got the idea that this won't be easy. It's really good to see the kids are now grown into fine shinobis. Not much to say actually in this scene, just I want to stress the importance of this scene is to remind us, just how far these two has grown.

Manga Reference : None

5. Shinobi Tactic #1: Taijutsu

~ This is what I call a Shinobi battle ~

Finally some great actions. I just love this scene. Although it is not in the manga, I must say the animators really did a good job in elaborating the manga. A lot of things are revealed in this fight. We'll go through them one by one.

First Sakura. Oh my, if every punch she threw can break down a tree, that would been troublesome. Just imagine one of those landed on Kakashi's face :p Not just punches, she can do some kicks too :o Yes Kakashi, it would be bad to your health is she manages to land you the blow :D

Then Naruto. Oh, I really like the scene where he created the Kage Bunshins. Old memories, eh?. But yesh, after an exhausting day, Naruto can still make that many Kage Bunshins! And this scene reminds me on how Kage Bunshin has been a part of Naruto. He uses it everytime. And this time, it's so easy for him to create that many.

Finally, Kakashi. it is amazing there is a shinobi like Kakashi. Excel in everything. Well, this solves the mystery of whether Kakashi can open the Eight Gates or not. Well, it's just an Omote Renge, but still, Kakashi needs to open the first gate to be able to do this.

And to make Kakashi panting and say "What now?", that is really something. Kakashi seems out of idea on how to evade this too. Yes, Kakashi used the Sharingan and that sucks up his Chakra. But yet again, he is using the Sharingan. That left eye is supposed to give him advantage, but not today, Kakashi. But typical Kakashi, still thinking about Icha Icha Paradise :p Oh yesh, did I say, the music has improved a lot from Part One?

[size=8pt]Manga Reference : None

6. Deidara Commences The Attack!!

~ The explosive arts!!! This time, the bombs rain from the sky ~

Deidara has started his offensive. Just look at how large Suna is. I never thought it is that big :o And for that big area, just three aerial gurads? Heh, I guess.. no one would expect someone would fly into the village :p Oh.. personally, I dislike that scope, or whatever you call it. It already looks like DBZ thingie in the manga, and it is more in the anime ^^;

But for how long actually did Deidara flew above Suna? Look at my comment #2 screenshots. It is in the middle of the day. And now, it's dusk? o_O Eerrmm.. scouting I guess, but is it really taking him that long?

Personally, I like Deidara's powers. Not just he is a long range bomber, btut he can control his clay freely. I wonder if he actually has limitations to control his powers. But right now, lets just focus on this scene, shall we? Right. So Deidara taken care of the guards really easily. It's amusing that no one actually detected him for all the time he was flying above Suna. Remember when Gaara said no bird like that exists in the desert?. Hmm.. I wonder why no one actually saw it. By all means, that is one large bird, and a white one too :o

Deidara really taking care of the guards easily. All three at once. With just a keyword, "Art is a bang" and hey presto, all done. No fuss at all :smile-big

[size=8pt]Manga Reference : Chapter 248

7. Some Comedy Moments

~ We need some fun too, aren't we? ~

How about taking a break and talk about some comedy moments? I gotta give the animators credits. The comedy moments on Shippuden so far, are not disappointing at all. They are incorporated very well into the scenes, at the right time as well ^^

But this particular scene is hilarious. Really. Eeemm.. Who would have thought Naruto is planning to repay Kakashi on what he did to Naruto. Heh, you are right again Kakashi, it would have been bad if that Sennen Goroshi connects :rofl I wonder if Kakashi will "fly" too :XD Just look at Kakashi's face. OMG. He really didn;t expect that move is coming ^^;

8. Shinobi Tactic #2: Genjutsu

~ This time, it won't work Kakashi ~

Well, what do you know.. Kakashi decided to play the old trick. Honestly, I am disappointed with this. I know Kakashi want to test Sakura's Genjutsu prowess, but didn't she proved enough at the Chuunin Exam by dispelling Kabuto's Genjutsu? Like Sakura said, not creative enough, Kakashi.

Well, Sakura has come a long way in Genjutsu. She can tell a Genjutsu by just looking, although this time, it is so obvious >.> And how on earth Sakura knows that Kakashi is hiding behind "that" tree anyway? And yes, compared to the first part of Naruto, Sakura really advances in Genjutsu. I'm not surprised if she pulls off a greater Genjutsu by now. Although in my book, Sakura is not great at creating one, she is great at infering and dispelling Genjutsus.

And more revelation! This answers the question if Naruto is able to create the old Rasengan with only one hand. Looks like, something didn't changes, eh Kakashi? And how cute. Now the sensei is teased by his student. Personally, I'm grateful that the animators took their time to give us this scene. Really bringing the memories back.

9. A perfect Finale

~ Meet the man who posses the power of the One-Tailed Shukaku ~

Well, looks like Deidara managed to get in unnoticed. Not. Well just when he thought that he managed to sneak in, guess who stands in front of him, battle-ready? It's our Gaara :o Oh.. something is wrong here, don't you think?

First, Deidara doesn't even fret with Gaara's presence. He smiled. I wonder if either he is so cocky or he is confident about his skills. One thing for sure, this rises a question. Has Deidara fought a Jinchuuriki before? From his face, somehow he shows a level of confidence against Jinchuurikis. He knows what to expect from them, and he knows how to deal with them. Likely, I suppose.

However, this is the part where I dislike the most in this episode. It is dimmer compared to the other scenes. A melancholy of a battle-bound situation I think. Maybe to prepare for the "fireworks" from Deidara in the next episode :smile-big

[size=8pt]Manga Reference : Chapter 248

Oh yesh, the animation is not as good as the first one, but it is expected. It is really hard to make that quality of animation every week. But yet again, at least the animations so far is better than Part One. And with the awesome BGs, we have a winning combination.

And look forward for the next episode. Looks like the bell test will come to conclusion and the start of the Gaara vs Deidara battle. We will have a great episode next week, folks ^^

Well, that sums up the review for this week. For those who missed last week's review, it can be found inside the Old Episodes Discussion board under Naruto Theater & Arcade. Hope you guys enjoy the review.

Thanx for reading. Feel free to comment back and argue about what I reviewed. See you in the next review ^^

kiddo7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Please register to see the content of this post.

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Sarmad

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Goji

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Saifi

Reaction score
Country
United States

Goji

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Goji

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Raseru

Reaction score
Country
Australia

bax

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia