Seinen - Beach Stars by Morio Masahiro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Beach Stars by Morio Masahiro

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, I started Editing this series Beach Stars with the help of Itsumobasho. There are currently 3 chapters out and we plan on trying to release a chapter every Sunday, we have 3 volumes of tank raws to get through, so that'll be maybe take a few months to get through, and hopefully by then, more tank raws will come out till we catch up.

This is the story of Nanase Iruka. She's short, tomboyish, and her one joy in life is volleyball. On Iruka's 17th birthday, her Volleyball club is disbanded. Feeling somewhat depressed she and her friends from the club take a trip to the beach and discover Beach volleyball. Iruka can't wait to play and rushes to the court only to be told to give up being a player because of her short stature by the local Volleyball Diva. In a rage, Iruka challenges her to a match to prove her abilities. It doesn't look like she has a chance, but Iruka has a secret weapon, and nobody will ever make fun of her on the beach again....well....Not about her ability to play Volleyball anyway..

So, download links can be found at ryColaa Edited Mangas. So read, enjoy, and discuss!!!

Xiphias

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Beach Stars

I so thought this was shounen @_@

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

I thought so too, until someone told me it was seinen because it was published in a a mag with the word "Young" in it which apparently signifies Seinenness

Xiphias

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

So it is... Weird I'd call the plot shounen. It probably get's more adult later in the manga.

taisa08

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought it was shounen. I first searched for it in the shounen section!

Anyways, I started reading this series the other day and now I'm hooked! It's a great story. The whole volleyball thing made me think of Crimson Hero at first, but I like this one a lot better. It cracks me up to see some of the bikinis that a few of the girls wear. There's no way they could play wearing something like that! Ah, the wonders of manga ^_^

esh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anybody have volume 7?

Gomenasai

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
According to what Shadow-Skill told me, things really start to pick up in the next chapter.

Shadow Limiter

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
India
Is it true that volume 7 is the last of this series because on one site it says that it is completed.

esh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Volume 7 is when the series ends.

Crayola

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, but there's supposedly a sequel out already

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Beach Stars moved to Gekkan Shonen Sunday in May. Raws have yet to be posted.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Sequel is out but are they done Editing the first series? I have seen at most 30 chapters out of 7 volumes.... Odds are the Edited Manga of the new series will begin once they are done Editing the old one. In case they are done with the old one and I don't know about it, then I have no clue why they had not started the second series.

Revolation

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sequel is out but are they done Editing the first series? I have seen at most 30 chapters out of 7 volumes.... Odds are the Edited Manga of the new series will begin once they are done Editing the old one. In case they are done with the old one and I don't know about it, then I have no clue why they had not started the second series.
chapter 36 is out or was it 37? anyway, new chap is out on onemanga

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
hmm well theres a sequel out to beach stars called "the!! beach stars"

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=44197

and i can't find a summary of it anywhere. neither can i find a summary for another one of that mangakas's works

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=40370

anyone want to help out?
When Young Sunday was discontinued Beach Stars went on hiatus, resuming in Monthly Shonen Sunday about eight month later. "the!!" Beach Stars is the series conclusion rather than a sequel. Sometimes when a series changes anthology they start at chapter 1, volume and change the name slightly.