Theory - bege will kill big mom on liquor island | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory bege will kill big mom on liquor island

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
big mom has a mafia motif like how her connection to the vinsmokes and bege (whos inspiration was al capone a famous gangster) how she and her crew is literally a big old family she runs protection rackets by putting on islands under her “protection” in exchange for paying her and if they cant make the payment they will be destroyed. and the beheading thing where in godfather the Corleones cut the head of Jack Woltz favorite horse and sent it to him in retaliation for not casting Fontane while big mom is threaten people that if they dont comply with her summons she will send them the head of someone they care about

capone bege is based off of al capone who worked witha guy nicknamed big jim (parallels to big moms name) and its believed that capone killed him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Colosimo

(Ihave to point out that one of big jims businesses was prostitution racket/an emprire based on prostitution and some people could compare prostitution with big mom making the arranged marriages to increase the power of her crew and gaiining something is a metaphor for prostitution ( since there would be no way oda would out right bring prostituion up he would replace it with something else) , and another one of big jims things is his racketerring where he offers to provide protection to people in exchange for a money ( when if you dont pay you get hurt/die. and when the islands dont manage to give big mom candy she requests in the amount that she demands the island is destroyed in the

plus there’s the thing revealed in one piece 835 about how Totland is basically a massive protection racket except with souls with money and big jim ran a protection racket

now here is how al capone was believed to have killed big jim

big jim was lured away to a place by torrio who told him that a shipment was waiting for him and al capone is believed to have killed him there . now right know al capone is luring big mom away with the cake to Liquor island.

Liquor is flammable and big mom is currently covered in fire and riding prometheus who is a great big ball of fire

with zeus being nowhere to be find and its quite possible that ceasar is with bege and he could easily make the island explode not to mention the fact that al capone who bege is based off of ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rum-running

is the illegal business of transporting (smuggling) alcoholic beverages where such transportation is forbidden by law. )

made a good deal of money smuggling alcohol so it fits for bege to make use of alcohol in a plot to take down big mom (which is why people believe he will be connected to Liquor Iron Ore)

especially since

the reason why big jim died was his refusal to enter into the bootlegging of alcohol

The problem was, he made a fatal decision to not go into the bootlegging of alcohol during a time where many big crime gangs were. Of course, that time was the Prohibition era, which was enforced in 1920 for 13 years. The banning of alcohol that was consumed by millions was an opportunity for the mob, but Colosimo refusing to enter this area would be the downfall of him.

Johnny Torrio, with the aid of his young protégé Al Capone, and the help of New York mobster Frankie Yale, decided to plot Big Jim’s downfall. I expect this was purely down to one reason: So they could enter the bootlegging of alcohol and lock down this lucrative opportunity.

At the age of just 42, Johnny Torrio phoned Big Jim to let him know about a shipment arriving at his cafe. (At the time Big Jim was out of town).

When he got back to Chicago, and showed at the restaurant to wait for the delivery, he was shot in the back of the head.” its believed capone was the one who shot him

http://www.nationalcrimesyndicate.com/jim-colosimo-death/

so it fits for alcohol to play a part in big moms downfall with capone killing big mom

(heck maybe the vinsmokes will also have a role and vin is the french word for wine so big mom trying to kill them and not willing to joint up with them will also end up being her downfall)

kcd

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Nice :super, really appreciate the effort and time it took to write this.

One thing though that I'm yet to fully figure out is whether the additional flames caused by the alcohol will be able to affect her?, we've seen she's kinda immune to fire (like sanji), she's literally been on fire for a while now, so, pouring her liquor will only increase the flames, it may affect her slightly but not to the point it'll kill her.
I'm thinking, if anything, it'll only give extra Fire-power (no pun intended) to Prometheus (kinda like zeus with Nami's cloud) making it easier for her (prometheus) to engulf Bege's entire ship with fire.
Heading to liquor island will favour the BMP imo, they need at least one big win this arc, it's not gonna be at the hands of the Strawhats, so it'll either be at Germa or Bege's.

Assuming the alcohol did cause an explosion, it'll be one heck of an explosion if it actually kills bigmom, we've seen her shrug off a "coupe de burst" blast without using coA, so I don't think the damage will be "severe".
Everything all comes down to the state she'll become ones she eats the cake.
A Nirvana state (which the cake is meant to give) may not make her susceptible to attacks, but, A state of unconscious-suffering/weeping (don't quote me on this) might do it
(like how the caramel picture did it)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just to add,
By stating the "like how the caramel picture did it", I was referring to that time Bege saw her bleed because of the picture, she wasn't in a state of estacy, it was more like the opposite, so I'm really having doubts she'll become vulnerable to attacks after eating the cake.

Important note : I'm not stating this to make your analysis redundant, what I'm doing is guessing also, what you've said may still very likely happen, it's all on Oda's hands I guess.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its not Liquor Island, its Liqueur Island.
Liqueur isnt flammable, alcohol is.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Yea, thanks for the correction, i think i mixed it up ones or twice, but, the key point still remains.

Don't forget, liqueurs are made from distilled spirits (liquor) and flavoured with a bunch of other things.
So, it's not wrong to think they have a significant volume of spirits there in liqueur island, it's one of the ingredients required after all. I'm highly confident they have a space or storage where they keep it (before it's needed in the actual process of liqueur making). It could very well be the place Bege is headed if he intends to use it's flammability against bigmom.

Thanks for the correction though.

Last edited:

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
As a professional alcoholic i wish i stayed in an island like that...........lol

Jokes aside nice theory but for me i find it hard to believe Linlin will die this arc, i have already accepted the fact Luffy will never fight her 1v1 but to think she would be killed off by Bege just like that is unthinkable for me.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think the alcohol will only prevent the BMP Pirates from approaching Capone as he has his way with Big Mom. Perospero's ability is weak against fire, flames would nullify the integrity of his candy. Bege's ship can also go on land too, so I think he's being tactical here using Prometheus' flames and the alcohol to put up a wall of flames to keep the BMP fleet away from himself and Big Mom.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I think the alcohol will only prevent the BMP Pirates from approaching Capone as he has his way with Big Mom. Perospero's ability is weak against fire, flames would nullify the integrity of his candy. Bege's ship can also go on land too, so I think he's being tactical here using Prometheus' flames and the alcohol to put up a wall of flames to keep the BMP fleet away from himself and Big Mom.
True, but then, we'll have to question Prometheus if she stays idle and lets them hurt BM. It's like a double edged sword, the flames can keep peros and the others away but it won't stop Prometheus from cremating the firetank pirates.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
True, but then, we'll have to question Prometheus if she stays idle and lets them hurt BM. It's like a double edged sword, the flames can keep peros and the others away but it won't stop Prometheus from cremating the firetank pirates.
I don't think it will be that easy. Have to take into consideration plot will have things conveniently have Prometheus unable to do anything significant to the Fire Tank Pirates. It's not a real life realistic situation per se. Prometheus might be pre-occupied with convincing Big Mom to not eat the Cake. We'll jsut have to see how things play out. Have to just remember the BMP are being setup to fail here. So, the benefit of the doubt goes to whoever opposes them as it benefits the SHs.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't think it will be that easy. Have to take into consideration plot will have things conveniently have Prometheus unable to do anything significant to the Fire Tank Pirates. It's not a real life realistic situation per se. Prometheus might be pre-occupied with convincing Big Mom to not eat the Cake. We'll jsut have to see how things play out. Have to just remember the BMP are being setup to fail here. So, the benefit of the doubt goes to whoever opposes them as it benefits the SHs.
There is truth in what you said here, it summed up why Prometheus is currently unable to catch up with the fire tanks, she should be incredibly faster than this.
I have no problem with Bege's crew getting a bit of help plot-wise, I just don't fancy Bege giving the blow that kills BM.
It'll be interesting though to see the end of all this.

Any idea if the WG will give Bege's glory to luffy if he (bege) manages to do the impossible?

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
There is truth in what you said here, it summed up why Prometheus is currently unable to catch up with the fire tanks, she should be incredibly faster than this.
I have no problem with Bege's crew getting a bit of help plot-wise, I just don't fancy Bege giving the blow that kills BM.
It'll be interesting though to see the end of all this.

Any idea if the WG will give Bege's glory to luffy if he (bege) manages to do the impossible?
We could potentially have Bege take the glory for killing Big Mom, but the fact the SHs are involved in every huge event as is a pattern now might still have them considered the bigger threat. First, we had Law x SHs, now Firetank x SHs.

Reactions: kcd

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea, i think Bege killing Big Mom isnt happening. Prometheus is most likely closer then Zeus. If that is the case, it will allow the required gap for the FTP to get closer to the island. I know i brought up Liqueur and Liquor issue, but this is OP afterall and Oda may choose to ignore the technical differences and jsut assume that it is flammable. The only point remains that is it enough for Mama to be hurt. I dont think so..
First of all, it may just feed into Prometheus, who is gigantic right now and unless he goes supernova, I think Mama is safe. Also, why would be assume that fire will damage her while absolutely nothing has managed to even scratch her. They'd need a small window like Mother Caramel;s pic to damage her nevertheless.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Seems like Oda took the party away from liqueur island.

Bege and co intends fleeing the moment they feed bigmom the cake.
Chances of them killing bigmom are now close to nil.
The development this chapter was a change in the right direction, seems Oda changed his mind about killing bigmom, i was afraid it would happen (bigmom dying), especially because of panels where Bege sought consent from Sanji to do whatever he wishes to bigmom after she eats the cake.
Since they're no longer bent on killing her, I wonder how Oda will keep her silent while luffy and co are at Wano.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since part 2 of One Piece seems to mirror a lot of part 1 events, I think it would be a nice nod to Smoker getting the credit for Crocodile's defeat in Alabasta if the Strawhats got credit for killing Big Mom.

It would be especially funny if the official story circulated by the world gov was that Sanji poisoned her, so everyone they meet thinks he is a bad chef and we get more laugh at Sanji's random misfortune moments, like Sanji's shitty bounty pictures in part 1.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Seems like Oda took the party away from liqueur island.

Bege and co intends fleeing the moment they feed bigmom the cake.
Chances of them killing bigmom are now close to nil.
The development this chapter was a change in the right direction, seems Oda changed his mind about killing bigmom, i was afraid it would happen (bigmom dying), especially because of panels where Bege sought consent from Sanji to do whatever he wishes to bigmom after she eats the cake.
Since they're no longer bent on killing her, I wonder how Oda will keep her silent while luffy and co are at Wano.
The Navy will do it.

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
The Navy will do it.
It's possible they'll (Navy) show up, but right now (with the latest spoiler), I think luffy will be the one to defeat her in the future, because this is the second time Oda is hinting at, or telling us (through characters in the manga), that luffy will return.

Besides that, I don't think the Navy interfered when there was a war between the BB pirates and Marco (and co). what they did was to name BB a yonkou. They probably won't want to waste resources unless maybe a war is directed at them.

I see Akainu and Kizaru all smiles when they learn two pirate groups are destroying each other.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It's possible they'll (Navy) show up, but right now (with the latest spoiler), I think luffy will be the one to defeat her in the future, because this is the second time Oda is hinting at, or telling us (through characters in the manga), that luffy will return.
Luffy had also said that he would never run away again, and in fact we saw him as he kept his promise ....

This will be the arc of decisive confrontation. The covers of 87 and 88 are clear, ..

Reactions: kcd